Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    In Asia is way overselling it. It's a desert peninsula at the south-westmost corner of Asia, directly next to Africa. It's not exactly a good spot to grow bananas, either.
    And culturally, it's a far cry from what's generally considered "Asian". Asian-themed is uselessly broad due to the sheer number of cultures that covers anyway.

Also, turns out Banana is in fact not Arabic. The family name Musa is based on Arabic, not the name for the fruit. That's probably from an African language.
    It’s not overselling it. It is it’s actual geographical location. There’s no way of spinning it. Your initial point was wrong. The Arabian Peninsula may very well be next to Africa. It isn’t in Africa though, it’s in Asia. Spain is next to France, that doesn’t make it French. I take it the globe didn’t help?

Not understanding the relevance of your point here. As you’ve said, Asian theme is very broad in terms of scope. East Asian is vastly different from the Middle East(ergo Arabia). So in actuality you’ve just contradicted the point you were trying to make? A potential Tel’Abim setting based on the Middle East would indeed be Asian.

Bananas are grown in hot climate all over the world. Including the Middle East and Central Asia. Saudi Arabia especially. Israel too.

The word Banana comes from the Arabic word Banan which means finger. The Banana was given its name due to its finger like shape. A cluster of Bananas is also called a hand. I could cite and provide various sources if you’d like?

I don’t think you’re as intelligent as you think you are, Huth. So I think the condescending, contrarian attitude you employ most of the time in this thread is a bit wasted on you.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-06-02 at 02:59 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I could definitely see Azshara as the main antagonist of an Avaloren expansion. Perhaps the “true throne of power” she referenced when we last saw her is in Avaloren?

I think an Azshara/Xal’atath team-up could make for a cool expansion too.

Could see the Naga having a presence on Tel’Abim too.
    God, I am just happy they didnt kill Azshara..

We also need a Denathrius & Azshara team up as well. They both have this air, which would be a dangerous combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    We also need a Denathrius & Azshara team up as well. They both have this air, which would be a dangerous combo.
    Though I like both, I don't see the two having a particularly riveting dynamic; I've always taken them as having too similar a presentation re: dialogue, characterization, etc. They have differences, of course, but they're fairly intangible in terms of their actual portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Though I like both, I don't see the two having a particularly riveting dynamic; I've always taken them as having too similar a presentation re: dialogue, characterization, etc. They have differences, of course, but they're fairly intangible in terms of their actual portrayal.
    Definitely. Both are great but I don’t think they’d compliment each other well. Both are quite camp, pompous and arrogant. Great attributes for a villain but I don’t think it would work well with two of the same playing off each other.

One or the other teaming up with Xal’atath would make for a better dynamic I feel.

In fairness, I’d prefer to have Azshara as an unwilling ally for an expansion. We don’t have to be buddy buddy, but our goals could align and we help each other before she is inevitably used as a villain for an expansion later on. I’d love to see her given as much screen time as possible, in the Bolvar/Alex/Illidan/Khadgar role.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-06-02 at 03:09 PM.

One or the other teaming up with Xal’atath would make for a better dynamic I feel.
    I imagine Azshara or Denathrius could work especially well with one of the following:

• A practical, highly efficient kind of villain to contrast with their pomp and tastes for luxury. We don't really have many of these in WoW, at least in practice, so this may be difficult to produce.
    • A highly self-serious kind of villain to contrast with their arrogance and acerbic wits, which WoW already has a preponderance of, meaning we wouldn't need to conjure a new villain for this.
    • A more craven, comical kind of villain (i.e. something akin to Gallywix in characterization) to contrast with their lofty objectives and formal personalities.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-06-02 at 03:11 PM.

I imagine Azshara or Denathrius could work especially well with one of the following:

• A practical, highly efficient kind of villain. We don't really have many of these in WoW, at least in practice, so this may be difficult to produce.
    • A highly self-serious kind of villain, which WoW already has a preponderance of, meaning we wouldn't need to conjure a new villain for this.
    • A more craven, informal kind of villain, such as Gallywix.
    Love the idea of either of them with Gallywix, or a Gallywix style villain. Think that suits them to a tee, and would make for some brilliant scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But if it was, it would be cool
    Here's my alternative: Communist Goblins as villains. Then again, Kotick may demand that these malefactors be based on any number of union organizers instead.

Here's my alternative: Communist Goblins as villains. Then again, Kotick may demand that these malefactors be based on any number of union organizers instead.
    Didn't we already have goblins trying to form a union?

Here's my alternative: Communist Goblins as villains.
    so that's what happened to those kidnapped by Comrade Umbric back in Dazar'alor?
    btw we already have some clues that purple is the new red:
    https://imgur.com/a/rNWvflj

cover of a book; cold war propaganda posters

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    so that's what happened to those kidnapped by Comrade Umbric back in Dazar'alor?
    btw we already have some clues that purple is the new red:
    https://imgur.com/a/rNWvflj

cover of a book; cold war propaganda posters
    I think the first one is just a general Atlas reference.

The second one fits, though i fail to see what is new about that. We already killed Neltharion.

The word Banana comes from the Arabic word Banan which means finger. The Banana was given its name due to its finger like shape. A cluster of Bananas is also called a hand. I could cite and provide various sources if you’d like?
    Never heard of a banana referred to as hand. Its called moz, mooz, mawz, depending on the dialect. Hand is yad (standard) or iid (Syrian)

Either way, I think you guys are looking a little too deep into something that's just a case of orientalism from Blizzard. I would almost guarantee they haven't put that much thought into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Never heard of a banana referred to as hand. Its called moz, mooz, mawz, depending on the dialect. Hand is yad (standard) or iid (Syrian)

Either way, I think you guys are looking a little too deep into something that's just a case of orientalism from Blizzard. I would almost guarantee they haven't put that much thought into it.
    Neither had I until today when doing research. But that’s what a group of bananas is referred to.

I agree that Blizzard haven’t given it too much thought. I am still pretty convinced when/if we get Tel’Abim - it’ll be Arabic/Middle Eastern themed.

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    See? It all fits together; we've been underestimating Blizzard all along. Let us go along to the Goblinution, comrade.

The BfA island quest items have consistently been tied to storyline added in the future.
    Since 8.0 we've had over a dozen of those quests turn out to be real so it's safe to assume the rest will as well

LETS GO ELEMENTAL EXPANSION!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Iridikron will be the final boss of the expansion and his plan involves conquering the elemental planes.

11.0 will involve us going to each plane and making alliances but not for the factions instead for Azeroth itself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Iridikron will be the final boss of the expansion and his plan involves conquering the elemental planes.

11.0 will involve us going to each plane and making alliances but not for the factions instead for Azeroth itself
    I'd be very surprised, given how heavily the elements featured in 10.0. Look at the Vault sets. I doubt they'd revisit those thematics so soon.

The BfA island quest items have consistently been tied to storyline added in the future.
    Since 8.0 we've had over a dozen of those quests turn out to be real so it's safe to assume the rest will as well

- - - Updated - - -

Elemental expansion? After Dragonflight was mostly about elemental themes mixed with dragons? I think that's quite unlikely

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Omg elemental expansion that means playable Elemental race/class confirmed?? Surely based off the WC3 firelord. They’d have to have a visage form too because everyone wants to play a pretty elf.

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Omg elemental expansion that means playable Elemental race/class confirmed?? Surely based off the WC3 firelord. They’d have to have a visage form too because everyone wants to play a pretty elf.

/s
    Got a chuckle out of that, heh.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Expansion.....

My Magic 8 ball betrays reality by saying Yes.

-_- Jokes aside... I really don't see it being a thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well is certainly curious that with the elemental focus of DF, the Elemental Lords are nowhere to be found. What is more, I doubt that we will see them, almost certainly not in 10.2, as it seems that we are having a Green Dragonflight - Emerald Dream patch, and I just not see them popping out in 10.2.5 or 10.3, as the Bronze, Blue and especially the Red Dragonflight has not been touched upon, or not much, IMO.

I agree with the general sentiment that an Elemental focused expansion after DF would not make much sense... Unless a world revamp happens. With a world revamp Blizzard can add as many themes and plots as they like.

Definitively, if an Incarnate survives DF, and it seems that this is going to be the case, I can see this Incarnate searching for new allies. One of them could be the Elemental Lords. Not all of them, but maybe some.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.