Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus both he and Merithra need decent models.
    I'm still confused. Malfurion is "dead." Ysera is back. And yet Merithra is still the Green Aspect? I'm going to assume the rest of the expansion is going to be very Green & Red focused because they've gotten the least characterization so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone watched a completely different cinematic if you got that. I don't believe the Black Dragonflight storyline was a complete washup, just not what I expected. I do agree that Ebyssian should of popped up much sooner to soft prepare us for his Aspect declaration. I wish Wrathion was it but they'd have to rework his personality to be less impatient and that was not the case in DF so far.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-05-25 at 10:32 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I'm still confused. Malfurion is "dead." Ysera is back. And yet Merithra is still the Green Aspect? I'm going to assume the rest of the expansion is going to be very Green & Red focused because they've gotten the least characterization so far.
    Ysera's return is explicitly only temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Ysera's return is explicitly only temporary.
    But Malfurion's "death" is explicitly permanent. So.... seems extremely dumb.

But Malfurion's "death" is explicitly permanent. So.... seems extremely dumb.
    Please don't spread misinformation. Malfurion only has to stay while Ysera is in the world of the living. That was the condition set by the Winter Queen.

Ysera will obviously be involved in 10.2 given it will be about the Dream. She probably helps us save the dream whilst acting as a mentor to Merithra and once the patch is done she will go back to SL and Malfurion will come back. Doubt they keep her for longer than that.

Odd we haven't seen her at all though, besides the one scene of her coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I don't understand why every time you come in you spread false information about what's going on in Dragonflight. Do you even play the game? I doubt.
    You're telling me when Tyrande & Malfurion are saying their tearful goodbyes, and talking about the "agony" of their separation, its supposed to be temporary? Malfurion not only had nothing to do during while Tyrande was avenging their race, we know Malfurion spent *centuries* in the dream, away from Tyrande, like it was nothing. If its supposed to be temporary what is he even talking about? Malfurion canonically went years without seeing his wife *for fun*

Malfurion is not coming back because the writers have explicitly told us they have nothing for him to do. They even talked about how they should have had Saurfang kill him for all they did with his character after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Ysera will obviously be involved in 10.2 given it will be about the Dream. She probably helps us save the dream whilst acting as a mentor to Merithra and once the patch is done she will go back to SL and Malfurion will come back. Doubt they keep her for longer than that.

Odd we haven't seen her at all though, besides the one scene of her coming back.
    Perhaps, though I really do suspect that part of Blizz's initial plan in that story was to remove Malfurion from Tyrande's side so that she could shine as the Night Elf leader. Perhaps it's just my cynicism, but I half suspect that even if Ysera goes back, Malfurion will need to stay behind to finish his work in Ardenweald or some such mulligan to keep him off Azeroth.

You're telling me when Tyrande & Malfurion are saying their tearful goodbyes, and talking about the "agony" of their separation, its supposed to be temporary? Malfurion not only had nothing to do during while Tyrande was avenging their race, we know Malfurion spent *centuries* in the dream, away from Tyrande, like it was nothing. If its supposed to be temporary what is he even talking about? Malfurion canonically went years without seeing his wife *for fun*

Malfurion is not coming back because the writers have explicitly told us they have nothing for him to do. They even talked about how they should have had Saurfang kill him for all they did with his character after that.
    Danuser literally compared it to Persephone and stated that they swapped places.
    It was a trade.

If it wasn't blatant in the dialogue, it was blatant with his interview forever ago.

Would love to see where they said that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Dude was literally introduced as dying and holding onto the last fraying strands of life. That was his character. The only place to progress his character was into death. And they did so gracefully. Sindragosa was already dead. What else did you expect?
    That he survived legion just to die here.
    Sindragosa waa obvious as well, but they needed an increase in their roster, so why the trouble >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Sindragosa waa obvious as well, but they needed an increase in their roster, so why the trouble >.>
    But they did increase their roster? Every dragon you've brought back got several moments to show their personality. They are all now part of the roster.

So World Revamp is probably out of the question now as in not happening?

It's weird how Ebonhorn wasn't a character in 10.0 when he was one of the NPCs in Orgrimmar and the equivalent to Wrathion in the Prepatch and was even featured in the Dracthyr Intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's weird how Ebonhorn wasn't a character in 10.0 when he was one of the NPCs in Orgrimmar and the equivalent to Wrathion in the Prepatch and was even featured in the Dracthyr Intro.
    Ebonhorn absolutely started on equal grounds with Wrathion this expac. It's just that in the Waking Shores quests they kind of forgot about him. He should have been one of the quest givers at the Obsidian Citadel and he should have been at the Ruby Life Pools waiting for Wrathion and Sabellian with Alexstrasza.

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    So World Revamp is probably out of the question now as in not happening?
    It could still happen, but I'm not getting my hopes high for 11.0. I think Avaloren/Other Side of Azeroth is the likeliest at this point.

Maybe look at the actual explicitly laid out rules for the swap, not just the contextual clues that support your view. It's temporary.

The last two times Malfurion was away from her he was in danger. Of course Tyrande isn't going to be happy with him leaving. That doesn't mean it's permanent.

He'll be back when the writers come up with something for him to do at the latest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    What benefit does his continued survival bring, other than contributing to some sort of arbitrary quota? He got to die on his own terms, in his own time, with the people he chose. It's a profoundly rare death in fiction. And one I thought the WoW writers handled extremely well, which is a rarity. Credit where credit is due - all of this was a good thing.

What benefit does his continued survival bring, other than contributing to some sort of arbitrary quota? He got to die on his own terms, in his own time, with the people he chose. It's a profoundly rare death in fiction. And one I thought the WoW writers handled extremely well, which is a rarity. Credit where credit is due - all of this was a good thing.
    Not to mention that to keep him around would require justifying his continued survival in more ways than just relevance to the plot. Dude was introduced sleeping in what was effectively life support. The fact that he is on the Dragon Isles at all is a bit questionable.

I'm sure the writers could have mentioned a Blue Dragon artifact somewhere that lets him survive more easily, but what would be the point.
    As was mentioned. Him getting to die peacefully has itself strong thematic resonance. The Blue dragons, normally such a troubled race, has finally gotten to the point where they can die peacefully, without sacrificing themselves or being killed by enemies.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'm of that mind, as well. I see the value in maintaining a roster of recurring characters, and I tend to be the first to advocate for it, but I think Senegos' peaceful demise was a nice way of closing his story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But they did increase their roster? Every dragon you've brought back got several moments to show their personality. They are all now part of the roster.
    To be fair, I can understand his concern on account of that you really need to enclose the word "personality" in scare quotes in regards to any modern WoW characters; however, one can hardly condemn Blizzard for finally undertaking to refill their character roster, even if there is much, much more that you absolutely can condemn them for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It could still happen, but I'm not getting my hopes high for 11.0. I think Avaloren/Other Side of Azeroth is the likeliest at this point.
    To be fair, I can see the value of going to a continent-sized location as being roughly equivalent to the value of a world revamp in terms of scale alone, though not in terms of sentiment. I could see plenty of ground—in a literal and figurative sense—to build on from that.