It is clear the next major patch is going to involve the unused space off the coast of the plains with a World Tree, per the end cinematic that was datamined long ago, now put into context with the conclusion of the Ember's story.

Dealing with Elune is definitely something on a general list of loose threads....so what about going to the moon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    To be fair, I can understand his concern on account of that you really need to enclose the word "personality" in scare quotes in regards to any modern WoW characters; however, one can hardly condemn Blizzard for finally undertaking to refill their character roster, even if there is much, much more that you absolutely can condemn them for.
    I think Blizzard often confuses a character in a story with a simplistic "individual that does things." Don't get me wrong - having your characters have agency in the story is a good thing. But there's more to a character than a few lines in the wiki detailing the events they were involved in. A character needs to learn, change, and grow. WoW's chief problem with their narrative is that they continue to use the same characters for the same purposes year after year.

Thrall and Jaina are the chief offenders. Both already had their stories told long, long ago. But they get shoehorned into pretty much every new story, relearning lessons already learned, and never really changing their status quo. They're added because their iconic, not because the writers actually have an interesting story for them to tell.

Senegos was fantastic because he was introduced as an ancient dragon struggling to cling onto life to protect the future of his family and ended as a someone with newfound confidence in the future of that family, allowing him to release his tenuous grasp on life with peace of mind. It was the perfect culmination of his character arc, and completely in keeping with that "bittersweet feel good" mandate that a lot of the writing in Dragonflight has seemingly been adhering to. To keep him around would be a betrayal of his very narrative purpose and completely rob him of any kind of resonance as a character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I would love to go to the moon. But what would that look like? Would it be empty or would there be civilizations, fauna and flora in the craters? Seems strange to me.
    Could look a little something like this:

Or this:

There's a lot you can do with it. Visiting the moon isn't even unique in the MMO space, let alone the fantasy genre. Could be very interesting, and certainly wouldn't strain credulity more than yet another undiscovered continent shrouded from us for thousands a years.

10+ Year Old Account
    The moon having a psuedo Titan Satelite system area makes sense or at least in concept I'd be fine with it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I have to say I enjoyed the blue flight story (had to do it twice for the damn mount) but one thing that just constantly felt weird is that no one seems to remember I killed half their family. Like Kirygosa . . . we killed both of her parents

Also, a bit more variety in visage forms would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The moon having a psuedo Titan Satelite system area makes sense or at least in concept I'd be fine with it.
    It would make sense for them to set up an post separate from, but close to, whatever planet they're ordering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have to say I enjoyed the blue flight story (had to do it twice for the damn mount) but one thing that just constantly felt weird is that no one seems to remember I killed half their family. Like Kirygosa . . . we killed both of her parents
    Who says she didn't remember? Her entire story was about starting a new life and not dwelling on the horrors of her past.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post

Who says she didn't remember? Her entire story was about starting a new life and not dwelling on the horrors of her past.
    Lovely but I AM the horrors of her past. I guess Kiry is mighty zen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Lovely but I AM the horrors of her past. I guess Kiry is mighty zen.
    Precisely the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kiry eventually needs to face what bothers her, running away aint gonna remove that emotional pain. But I do think she's interesting Blue. That aside my rants about the Blue Dragon questline. I still liked it was there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Kiry eventually needs to face what bothers her, running away aint gonna remove that emotional pain. But I do think she's interesting Blue. That aside my rants about the Blue Dragon questline. I still liked it was there.
    Voice acting does wonders to give character to NPCs. And good god did they do a better job at Lanigosa, no idea who was the previous voice actor in the Silver Hand questline but honestly the worst one in WoW and one of the worst I've seen in any game.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-26 at 04:11 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What mount are you talking about?
    I believe if you have that lego staff you can get that form. Dragonwrath staff or what ever its called.

Not an updated model tho.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I believe if you have that lego staff you can get that form. Dragonwrath staff or what ever its called.

Not an updated model tho.
    I’m disappointed that it’s not actually “account wide”

I wish we coulda been able to at a minimum use the mount on any character that can transmog the staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

What mount are you talking about?
    If you do it on a character that has Dragonwrath, you get the Dragonform from the staff in an extra quest at the end. Only usable by character that did the Legendary chain though, so you're not missing anything if you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I’m disappointed that it’s not actually “account wide”

I wish we coulda been able to at a minimum use the mount on any character that can transmog the staff.
    Eh, it keeps the consistency. You no longer have to actually equip the staff, but it remains exclusive to those that did the questline.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Eh, it keeps the consistency. You no longer have to actually equip the staff, but it remains exclusive to those that did the questline.
    It’s just kinda weird to me.
    I mean nowadays we can even use Glad mounts on characters that’ve never gotten gladiator for example.

We can already transmog the staff on all characters that can use it so it’s just a weird restriction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    This Blue dragon questchain is way overhyped on Twitter.

Sure, it's fun to see some overdue lore, the characters we meet are pretty quirky and charming, the voice acting is good, and I like hanging out in the "real" Azeroth.

But it's also super repetitive, going after all those Blue dragons. Because most of them follow the trite old Blizzard formula of "chat to an NPC, receive two unrelated kill/fetch quests before moving on", they feel so similar to each other. Each part is pretty shallow as well. You basically meet somebody with a gargantuan problem on their hands, and within five minutes they go "OK, let's flap away to the Dragon Isles together because family and stuff".

There are people on Twitter saying they literally cried, not just once but several times as they watched the finale. A finale featuring dragons they've barely met in the game, except as raid bosses 10 years ago.

It's also suuuper awkward to see modern day quest writers casually gloss over the fact that Malygos kept four female dragons as his baby-making machines, given how they're usually so eager to remove anything which is remotely offensive from the game these days.
    You know, I only hat time to do the Zeros one, and I was about to come here and say how idiotic I though the chain was; to my surprise, I saw everybody praising it. Honestly, I felt embarrased at the whole situation: first that ball thing to catch insects, then helping A FREAKING DRAGON solve a gambling problem, let alone to Baron Revilgaz, who I never though was such a gangster in the first place.

Perhaps I'm just getting too cynical, I don't know.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    You know, I only hat time to do the Zeros one, and I was about to come here and say how idiotic I though the chain was; to my surprise, I saw everybody praising it. Honestly, I felt embarrased at the whole situation: first that ball thing to catch insects, then helping A FREAKING DRAGON solve a gambling problem, let alone to Baron Revilgaz, who I never though was such a gangster in the first place.

Perhaps I'm just getting too cynical, I don't know.
    The Zeros part absolutely is stupid. The females are all pretty damn solid; I liked Haleh and Surigosa best and Azuregos is excellent. As for Lanigosa it was just a massive improvement from her last appearance. The finale with Senegos is solid. The fight vs Sindragosa was just dissatisfying because it reminds me that Blizzard cannot bother to scale shit (and given I'm a 430ilvl tankadin if it was built for me, most people would just die), like she kept casting but nothing happened.

I think the reason it is well liked is that it is pure fan service. It has a large roster and visits multiple locations. It's the exact same reason the Orc Heritage one was liked. And imo it shows how a revamp would also be well liked but that's another topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sped through the zeros part. I dunno felt a little too silly. If they wanted to meld silly and serious they could of just shown us what Malygos was like pre the Blue Dragonflight gettng ganked by Deathwing(Malygos was described in this questline as lighthearted but we didn't see it).

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...cup/1596833/49

And they confirmed it.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Good day dragonriders,

As data-miners have guessed, we are indeed working on dragonriding outside of the Dragon Isles and broadening the set of mounts that can dragonride. Our initial work on this can be seen in the Fractures in Time game files, but that feature will not be complete or featured in the live game until later in Dragonflight.

As we continue to develop the game in this way, we expect there to be many examples in the future of content that is a work-in-progress becoming visible to data-miners in test environments. We intend to announce the contents of any given patch in our official posts about that patch.

For the latest details on what’s included in Fracture in Time, please check out our official development notes.
    DR is here to stay.

Formerly known as Arafal

On the Megadungeon, if I am reading it correctly, Deios goes back in time to just when the Aspects killed Galakrond with the intent to trap Nozdormu and turn him to Murozond before they even become Aspects. So he is bound to fail. We just get to experience the timeline where he succeeds first.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It could still happen, but I'm not getting my hopes high for 11.0. I think Avaloren/Other Side of Azeroth is the likeliest at this point.
    Hello, 9.0 and 8.0 and 7.0 want their speculation back