10.2 could be the fire/ice duo boss

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    One question worth asking is the context of the four undefined "Uld—" facilities mentioned by the Maiden of Vitality. Is she glitching at one more, or are we to take this to mean there are four more that aren't named? If the former, I'd certainly expect the facility which contains access to the World-Soul to be the final, undefined facility. If there are four more, could we assume that one might be Ulduran, the beta name for Strand of the Ancients,—if Strand of the Ancients is even still canon,—either reused or in its original context?
    There may also be other titans facilities that the Maiden was not aware of, or she chose to not say anything about it, for whatever reason the scenario requires.
    MMO Champs :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Absolutely. There is no reason why Drakonid should not be an Allied Race. If they are going to make them playable, it has to happen within DF. There has been a clear focus on them and their questline hints at this possibility, but we shall see.
    Making Drakonids playable would make a lot of critics here very happy. That said, they'll probably be one of the lowest played races in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The same thing that made the blue dragons special, there trying to flesh out the aspects and there flights by showing how they deal with different things.
    Perhaps. But there are also a lot of dragon-centric sidequests that deal with stuff like this that aren't earmarked as campaign content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Making Drakonids playable would make a lot of critics here very happy. That said, they'll probably be one of the lowest played races in the game.
    Even if that is true, what's your point?

That we might as well add another Elf race to shift those demongraphics around some more, I suppose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Even if that is true, what's your point?

That we might as well add another Elf race to shift those demongraphics around some more, I suppose?
    Just pointing out that any demand for that race is more than likely from a very loud and tiny minority. However, if their inclusion quiets the endless complaining, that will be a positive development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just pointing out that any demand for that race is more than likely from a very loud and tiny minority. However, if their inclusion quiets the endless complaining, that will be a positive development.
    Hell, it worked for the same three or four High Elf fans that were no-lifing the forums in their tiny crusade.

But anecdotally, I'm always hearing from casual players how they were expecting "those big dragon guys" instead of Dracthyr. In Discord, in Trade chat, even in idle chatter with the few guys from work that play every now and again. More vociferously than even the most ardent Elf fan. But you just don't hear about it since no one that graces the forums can credibly call themselves a casual fan.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly feel that Tuskarr will take that spot if they will become playable. They will end up like the Pandaren race probably.

People tend to like the more upright/humanoid cool looking races, Drakonids altho not the most wanted ever, will probably score slightly higher. Just my prediction. Ot, but it's funny I haven't seen people complain about their hight, but with Vrykul it's still an issue;p

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Tbf here, Fate of Eternity isn't so far off from what we actually got I.E Eternity's End.
    Not at all, the only things it got right was something already known at the time, something that was blatantly obvious (new raid, release window) and the rough idea of the patch name.

Everything else is nonsense. There was no "Trials of the First Ones", no unified factions and no dungeon. That's no better than random guessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there are players out there that will play an MMO just to play a specific race - and there are - Drakonid (ie. WoW's Dragonborn) is unique enough to draw people in. Another Elf is just another Elf. It's not going to bring in anyone new - it'll just shift the existing demographics around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Hell, it worked for the same three or four High Elf fans that were no-lifing the forums in their tiny crusade.

But anecdotally, I'm always hearing from casual players how they were expecting "those big dragon guys" instead of Dracthyr. In Discord, in Trade chat, even in idle chatter with the few guys from work that play every now and again. More vociferously than even the most ardent Elf fan. But you just don't hear about it since no one that graces the forums can credibly call themselves a casual fan.
    Yeah, I can just imagine Blizzard doing it in order to keep the Dracthyr Evoker exclusive, yet still settle the demand for a dragon race. People wanting Dracthyr for multiple classes really just want Drakonids anyway. Drakonids can more easily wear transmog too, so it'll be a win-win for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I honestly feel that Tuskarr will take that spot if they will become playable. They will end up like the Pandaren race probably.

People tend to like the more upright/humanoid cool looking races, Drakonids altho not the most wanted ever, will probably score slightly higher. Just my prediction. Ot, but it's funny I haven't seen people complain about their hight, but with Vrykul it's still an issue;p
    TBF, I'd love a Tuskarr playable race with an Otter mount and some Eskimo-style gear. I'd race change my Warrior and Shaman immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I can just imagine Blizzard doing it in order to keep the Dracthyr Evoker exclusive, yet still settle the demand for a dragon race. People wanting Dracthyr for multiple classes really just want Drakonids anyway. Drakonids can more easily wear transmog too, so it'll be a win-win for Blizzard.
    Nailed it. Dracthyr stripped dragons of being monstrous and imposing. Drakonid would realize that expectation for a playable dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I stood, aghast, as a voice that was not my own spoke within my mind, cutting through my soul.

"lol were more powerful than u," spake the thousandfold terrors at a pretty tolerably slow pace, the origin of which I was completely aware of; I could not begin to fathom the soul-crushing horror that I had become aware of, that the Old Gods were like super definitely more powerful than me. "how can u resist us?" they said, as all good manipulators tell people when they're being manipulated, "ur totally gonna be a bad guy now". And I knew that they spoke only truth; the revelation was too much to bear! I could not begin to fathom the fact that they are telling me over and over again that I'm definitely going to fall to their manipulations! What choice did I have but to submit myself to their influence? They kept saying it over and over again,—within reason, and again at a tolerable pace and volume,—in a sense markedly more tolerable than typical anxiety-induced intrusive thoughts, and speaking far less devastating false prophesy; madness consumed my soul, and I saw then the inevitability of the nebulous apocalyptic event they kept talking about.
    This sounds like it'd deal psychic damage to Blizzard writers.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I'm just talking name. Idrc about the actual features lol
    Something Eternity Something wasn't really that hard to guess, though.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I know it may sound weird, but there were two fake leaks that I remember very fondly:

This one was extensively discussed and investigated back in the day, and many people started to get excited, but someone found the DG artwork hosted on Devianart.

This one was quickly dismissed, but I was so invested in it that I only lost my hopes when 9.2 was announced.

Good memories. I expect lots of fake leaks that'll hype me this year due to WoW's 20th anniversary.

- - - Updated - - -

I DEARLY HOPE we're not getting another Crucible of Storms. It's the only CE I missed since Sha of Fear and Empress.

I even joined a top 200 Guild that was 1/2 M to be able to kill Uu'nat only to find out two weeks before 8.2 that we weren't going there to finish him off.
    Yeah the fake leaks have been getting better in recent years.
    Throwback to the “Siege of Stormwind 8.3 leak” that would’ve led us directly into Shadowlands.

My conspiracy theory is that the really good fake leaks are made by people at Blizzard to throw off the real thing.
    I mean I didn’t think the actual SL leak was real because the 8.3 one was such a good fake.

With AI getting better I wouldn’t be surprised if the new expansion (or at least the one after 11.0) will have a TON of legitimate looking fake leaks.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

Drakonid's will score higher than Pandas, Worgen, Goblins, Gnomes and all of the allied races that aren't Void Elves or Zandalari. They look cool and aside from Dracthyr, no other race is remotely similar to them.

This forum is not indicative of the wider playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

So, we're all pretty sure that we'll get another Emerald Dream raid. Aside from the obvious Vyranoth, which other potential bosses do we see happening?

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I definitely feel like we can see some Allied Races additions, they know how beloved Tuskarr and the want for Drakonids and Drac'thyr other classes are. Obviously, maybe the timeframes will be a little bit longer than current expansion.

But, they have been very much wanting to satisfy and please the community in a rapid pace manner. So anything is really possible at this point in time.

Honestly, I'm really excited for post-10.1.7 PTR and see what they're cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    So, we're all pretty sure that we'll get another Emerald Dream raid. Aside from the obvious Vyranoth, which other potential bosses do we see happening?
    Well, the question we should pose is what is Iridikron doing? Is he zapping Alexstrasza with Galakrond energy while Vyranoth is slaughtered and distracted or is there something else going on within the Dream that he is attending to?

There's possibilities on both sides of the equation even if the latter is more taking a excerpt from a book too literally than anything else.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2023-06-13 at 06:56 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Yeah the fake leaks have been getting better in recent years.
    Throwback to the “Siege of Stormwind 8.3 leak” that would’ve led us directly into Shadowlands.

My conspiracy theory is that the really good fake leaks are made by people at Blizzard to throw off the real thing.
    I mean I didn’t think the actual SL leak was real because the 8.3 one was such a good fake.
    OMG, now I remember that one, although I have to say that I'm glad it didn't come to pass, the quality was so impressive that I took it for granted and started complaining about the lore implications, LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I know a lot of people loved that but honestly that one always looked more fake the longer I looked at it.

The filter, all the character models looking completely still like they were just copy/pasted in. Ditto the boat models.

I missed this one.

Definitely missed that one. The map is amusing but its the Yrel above the logo that makes me laugh the most. What the fuck is with that, that's so dumb.

Doesn't help that I feel she's making the DreamWorks face expression.