Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/three-n...nd-more-333487

It's very intriguing. The "titan utopia" are supposed to represent titans... in triceratops?
    And these "future robot pets"? tinker teaser?
    Where do you think they come from? From the megadungeon? Or is it hints about the next storylines or maybe Avaloren?
    Safe bet they're just from the various time rifts scenarios. There's a Titan one (Time Rifts - Titan (Ulderoth)), a Robot one (Time Rifts - Robot (A.Z.E.R.O.T.H.)), etc. The news post itself mentions one fo the pets listed in the post are from the time rifts, even.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    I mean...the actual lore we got instead wasnt really better, was it now lmao

Lets not forget the most legendary one of them all:

https://imgur.com/XCHUYUi
    Its the only real legendary one, as it keeps coming back and people keep clicking. Its marvelous

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Tbh, it looks really good with tusks.
    It would be weird if it doesnt tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be so much better than anything they'd likely offer us. Lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems like they are adding a "mount gamble" item alongside the quantum transmog stuff next patch - fingers crossed it's including removed and seasonal mounts too!

https://www.wowhead.com/ptr-2/item=2...uantum-courser

#TEAMGIRAFFE

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Damn they really making us help the orcs enslave and rape Alex, and this is post lawsuit I can’t imagine what the quest would have been of it never came to light.

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...62286641430528
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

More keep her imprisoned. Though that's not all that much better.

Do feel like they should change this one to something else, though, yeah. Also the thing is literally just laying in the grass behind a cart. This feels like it could be easily changed to something else.

edit: Follow-up tweet shows present-day Alexstrasza's response so I guess it isn't entirely glossed over. That's...something?
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2023-06-14 at 04:04 PM.

they shouldn't change anything. the quest is fine. it's perfectly in line with what old wow was

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It would be weird if it doesnt tbh.
    Can't wait to use this combo on both my orcs and my gnome warrior.

Of course if i will ever get the axe.. Tusks i already have, i just hope they won't make it lowest of possible drops.

All things point it dropping from megadungeon, but i wonder how they will do with faction only fights.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh also, it looks like they are indeed bringing back t3?

https://www.wowhead.com/ptr-2/item=2...ate-chestpiece

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Damn they really making us help the orcs enslave and rape Alex, and this is post lawsuit I can’t imagine what the quest would have been of it never came to light.

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...62286641430528
    From what it looks like it seems the Dev who designed the quest didn't know about the rape stuff, just that she got imprisoned by the Dragonmaws.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

Do feel like they should change this one to something else, though, yeah. Also the thing is literally just laying in the grass behind a cart. This feels like it could be easily changed to something else.

edit: Follow-up tweet shows present-day Alexstrasza's response so I guess it isn't entirely glossed over. That's...something?
    Oof, they really should of picked better scenarios for those "Rough quests"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It will get cut and Alex will continue to be a plotted plant who's only interaction with the most pivotal part of her on-screen history will be forgiving the people who did it apropo of nothing in a tie-in book.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It will get cut and Alex will continue to be a plotted plant who's only interaction with the most pivotal part of her on-screen history will be forgiving the people who did it apropo of nothing in a tie-in book.
    The Twitter outrage has reached so massive levels already that Blizz will never again go anywhere near that plot point.

Will probably cut Grim Batol from Cataclysm Classic at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post

While we're on the Alexstrasza stuff...

This response sucks.
    he's right. there is way worse shit in wow than what happened to alexstrasza. one should take the game for what it is: a fictional work

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nah. Water in cinematics still looks different, this is a fairly old technique to make it look not flat that doesn't actually look like real water much. The engine used fits neither how Blizzard's cinematics look nor how ingame graphics look.

They probably wouldn't use only a single ship model, but that's not something specific enough to be a tell.

And i think your imagination of what an SW raid could be is probably far more grand than it actually would have been.
    You probably wouldn't have gotten all the stuff I mentioned, but one of them at least seems likely. The raid has to be somewhere. And the part comprising the cathedral district is a good quarter of the effective area of the city.

Point being, it's a cooler concept than SoO, which was more interesting as a core narrative element, rather than the actual raid as we saw by it only having three or four bosses in Orgrimmar proper, and the remaining 9-10 in Pandaria, or the newly created Undercroft.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It was quite impressive; it looks to me like it was arranged by a model viewer on some parts, but that's only applicable to the ghosts and ships, not to the trees and only somewhat to the barriers. I don't know whether or not the longboat asset was already in the game or not, but it looks like it was custom-made, though possibly by slotting some things together. I think the longship was entirely custom-made, since the head is at a different angle and generally entirely different from the WotLK Kvaldir longships.

As we saw earlier, it would probably take a great deal of talent and patience to AI-generate. It's too readily-visible now. Maybe the 12.0 leaks will look convincing, but I'm doubtful due to how easy it was to detect the first set of images.

- - - Updated - - -

That's definitely an awkward one. Hopefully we get something like the Empire of Dragons leak in terms of truly high-effort leaks. It has a number of details that tipped people off that it was fanart, like the mirrored design on the scratches on the upper rim, but it's very excellent work and I'm quite happy @bagina went through the effort with it. It is a really good example of what a fake leak ought to be insofar as I see it: concise, credible, and liable to produce interesting discussion and sincere interest. Ironically, the only thing that was particularly different from real leaks was the absence of detail; most expansion leaks I recall are dropped with a decent amount of detail, at least enough to be surmised from the trailer. More recent expansion leaks seem to have different people parceling out different details and leaking things at different times, so the best way to make a fake leak would probably be to collaborate with somebody and have them help.

Empire of Dragons logo was debunked quickly and I remember a specific ultra long post highlighting certain parts of the image and explain why it was fake/bad quality. Somehow people hold this one as "the true one" for quite a while. I will never understand why.

- - - Updated - - -

Wokies mad because of Alexstrasza quest. Lmao. Popcorn content.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/world-o...e-order-333496

So the reason the Primalists have no lore in game is because... it was saved for a book? I thought they said they wouldn't be doing this anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

It’s not just keeping her locked up though it’s actively using her against her will in multiple ways. If it was just her locked a way for a bit that’s one thing but making us complicate in the things the dragonmaw did to her has to be some of the lowest things in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Honestly if they had any sense they would swap it and make it so the dragon maw weren’t going to lose the demon soul and we have to go in to make sure it’s destroyed so Alex can then break free and slay the orcs.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    he's right. there is way worse shit in wow than what happened to alexstrasza. one should take the game for what it is: a fictional work
    Worse things having happened in warcraft lore doesn't somehow shield this from any sort of criticism.
    Especially when a lot of the hyper terrible shit really didn't need to happen either.

This is a throwaway daily where we actively help her rape and enslavement, a character we personally and continually have to deal with.
    This quest, despite its theme and implications, is literally put in the same category of quests where we do random whimsical shit like prevent kid-jaina from polymorphin half the Boralus guard.

It really doesn't take much brain power to recognize why people are upset by this.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/world-o...e-order-333496

So the reason the Primalists have no lore in game is because... it was saved for a book? I thought they said they wouldn't be doing this anymore.
    Looks like Vyranoth will turn sides and become an ally at some point. She's mentioned in that article as "Alexstrasza's primal friend". It's mentioned that both of them tried to work out peace. It also fits the woke agenda so I guess it is all but confirmed.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Looks like Vyranoth will turn sides at some point. She's mentioned in that article as "Alexstrasza's primal friend".
    The book is about the war before the Icarnates were locked away. They were friends 20,000 years ago.