Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The book itself is literally from the WC3 manual, so I wouldn't even analyze that at all.
    The fact that I didn't realize that initially is a source of incredible embarrassment for me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Before everyone loses their shit, the book is NOT new. The new part are the annotations by Neltharion.

The book itself is literally from the WC3 manual, so I wouldn't even analyze that at all.
    I feel like this is happening alot with dragon flight people seeing old lore and then thinking it’s new and means big things.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Between the Baine quest and there model of the totem, I think it's very likely that this is a new weapon for Tauren.

https://twitter.com/stiven_srb/statu...JUaFpbdpw5N5Rw

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Between the Baine quest and there model of the totem, I think it's very likely that this is a new weapon for Tauren.
    Gosh I hope so. If I could resemble the WC3 tauren swinging a big ol' totem around I think I'd have a new main for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The fact that I didn't realize that initially is a source of incredible embarrassment for me.
    To be fair, I forgot that it was from the WC3 Manual as well. I only remembered the OG Books from Vanilla.

https://twitter.com/stiven_srb/statu...JUaFpbdpw5N5Rw
    Likely just something Blaine him self will use the chance of them setting up abunch of player animations for it seem super slim.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Likely just something Blaine him self will use the chance of them setting up abunch of player animations for it seem super slim.
    It is currently set up to use 1hander animations, that's why it has the rod built into it. So it can reuse existing animations.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fn4tsLvX...jpg&name=large

I don't think it's just for Baine, I think the quest exists only to reward the weapon at the end. Why would they add a random quest with Baine otherwise?

It is currently set up to use 1hander animations, that's why it has the rod built into it. So it can reuse existing animations.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fn4tsLvX...jpg&name=large

I don't think it's just for Baine, I think the quest exists only to reward the weapon at the end. Why would they add a random quest with Baine otherwise?
    From sounds of it it’s not set for 1 handed animations it can just be put onto them as well as 2 handed animations though that clips.

Back to topic of Tauren Totem. It really matches well with One-Handed Weapon animation, while with 2H anims left hand clips a lot. 1H anims are totally fine with attack / ready and parry. So could be like One hand Mace?
    Which doesn’t really mean much as fun fact even guns can be put into animations that don’t fit them with a warrior trying to shoot a gun in legion ending up with them holding it like a bat as it uses the 2 hander animation, no idea if they ever fixed that.

It’s likely like Liadrins sword and shield something just for Baine as it would be a clipping night mare with actual class animations and what ever Baines quest is will just be for story reasons or give some other reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I feel like this is happening alot with dragon flight people seeing old lore and then thinking it’s new and means big things.
    If anything, the former is a good thing. It means we'll see more respect for the old lore and less of a tendency to effectively dismiss it as a restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    If anything, the former is a good thing. It means we'll see more respect for the old lore and less of a tendency to effectively dismiss it as a restriction.
    That would be Ideal but it's gonna come with a whole lot of whining and people spreading misinformation to go with it.

Like just jumping around links on this I've seen people say that the new book was copied from wowpedia and not the copy in game because wowpeida said they changed it from 5 god to 4 at some point with no citations, Wowpedia is of course just wrong as it often is and if you check the book in game right now it still says five gods.