Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post

Really hoping for a "season of legacy" classic realm now that allows us to get this stuff for retail, because it sucks to create new achievements 10 years later for stuff that was removed ...
    I had hopes for Classic that acquiring Atiesh or the 3.0 Glory achievements would unlock these things on Live, but I really doubt that now.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I had hopes for Classic that acquiring Atiesh or the 3.0 Glory achievements would unlock these things on Live, but I really doubt that now.
    Well, that can't happen unless they do a new season and state from the start that you will be able to connect to retail and classic realms later on. Since they said that the current done season and classic realm will never connect to retail, it would just be as unfair if they would suddenly change that. A "season of legacy" that's clearly marketed for collectors from the start would give them the chance to re-release stuff within the parameters and rules of these expansions on top of limited time. Add "some changes" including the new retail loot system to avoid people ninja'ing stuff and you have a gold mine, basically a whole new side part of the retail game that people will want to play in, instead of whatever classic is supposed to be.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Idk ozruk
    I just remember morchok because dragonsoul
    How can you not know one of the most quoted character in WoW, but you remember random first boss in raid?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    How can you not know one of the most quoted character in WoW, but you remember random first boss in raid?
    If you raided Dragonsoul on HC back than, you remember him - dude literally split into his evil twin, Kohcrom! (Also, Dragonsoul was current content for like a year and people played the hell lot more of it than some hc dungeon, since we didn't had challenge modes/timewalking/m+ yet so the only reason you had to go there was for the mount and that dropped before the boss you mentioned.)

Or in other words - Cata was basically raid or die back than, of course people remember Morchok more than the other one lol. I think even transmog only got added with Dragonsoul or the pre-patch of MoP.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2023-02-08 at 10:37 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Idk ozruk
    But . . . BREAK YOURSELF UPON MY BODY!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbf I only know that quote from T&E and didn't even realized it was from the Stonecore no-name boss with no lore :X

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Embers of Neltharion sounds like good name for 10.1. I hope next raid won't be too similar to Vault though.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This is gonna be entirely off-topic - or maybe not - but how do people find guilds or communities these days? I often look at the Guild finder, but I end up discouraged because the adverts look out of date
    I dont.. honestly.

I am guildless for more then 2 years now, I am more then fine. I just dont care as I switch characters and cba to whisper some one to add me.

To each and their own, but ye I also agree with what you said that most of the time it feels dated.

Or I get like 6 random guild invites per day with some saved text, it annoys me. Guilds are pointless in my eyes, unles you care for organised groups/raids or w/e.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This is gonna be entirely off-topic - or maybe not - but how do people find guilds or communities these days? I often look at the Guild finder, but I end up discouraged because the adverts look out of date
    Just use wowprogress or raider.io?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I dont.. honestly.

I am guildless for more then 2 years now, I am more then fine. I just dont care as I switch characters and cba to whisper some one to add me.

To each and their own, but ye I also agree with what you said that most of the time it feels dated.

Or I get like 6 random guild invites per day with some saved text, it annoys me. Guilds are pointless in my eyes, unles you care for organised groups/raids or w/e.
    If you want to raid mythic and clear the raid you will need a guild for that.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Embers of Neltharion sounds like good name for 10.1. I hope next raid won't be too similar to Vault though.
    It's probably gonna be a Djaradin raid, with the focus on the elders and maybe Fyrakk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I dont.. honestly.

Me too, but the whole experience is deadened by the absence of a stable social circle. I only do m+ and world content, and WoW has been on the "in and out" path for a long time now.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just use wowprogress or raider.io?

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to raid mythic and clear the raid you will need a guild for that.
    Thats what I said yes.

The return of Morchok heralds the return of the Old Gods. As Morchok served the will of the great Old One N'Zoth through serving Deathwing.

The return of Morchok is surprisingly not part of the Janitor's plan (he's dead), but it is indeed part of the Old Gods' plan (they're not dead).

The Primalists and Worldbreakers are clearly just toys and puppets of N'Zoth.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-08 at 01:00 PM.

Yeah can't say that boss was particularly memorable. I get the voice line but that's like asking if you remember who said "Ding"

Yeah can't say that boss was particularly memorable. I get the voice line but that's like asking if you remember who said "Ding"
    He was a dungeon boss that consistently murdered groups because of his mechanics. He had better lore than Morchok as a son of Therazane who betrayed her. I don't know to me he was more interesting (and yes, he had substantially better voiced lines)

He was a dungeon boss that consistently murdered groups because of his mechanics. He had better lore than Morchok as a son of Therazane who betrayed her. I don't know to me he was more interesting (and yes, he had substantially better voiced lines)
    Sure, but Morchok has a closer relation with Deathwing, showing up in Deathwings raid, is probably stronger than Ozruk lore-wise, and more people probably know him considering he is the first boss in a raid a lot of people run for mounts/transmog. Meanwhile, Ozruk shows up after Slabhide, the boss that drops the mount, so I would imagine not a lot of people know who he is

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The return of Morchok heralds the return of the Old Gods. As Morchok served the will of the great Old One N'Zoth through serving Deathwing.

The return of Morchok is surprisingly not part of the Janitor's plan (he's dead), but it is indeed part of the Old Gods' plan (they're not dead).

The Primalists and Worldbreakers are clearly just toys and puppets of N'Zoth.
    I would say more so servants of Xal as the strongest remaining old god

Dude screwed up in his deal with her. No clue what it was other than the knife thing but he let her go and we know she's not exactly weak.

If we take what we know from lore and what we see in game it's fair to say the other 4 turned against her then the keepers came in and cleaned up which means she's the strongest old god and for the last 6 years in game she's been regaining power

I would say more so servants of Xal as the strongest remaining old god

Dude screwed up in his deal with her. No clue what it was other than the knife thing but he let her go and we know she's not exactly weak.

If we take what we know from lore and what we see in game it's fair to say the other 4 turned against her then the keepers came in and cleaned up which means she's the strongest old god and for the last 6 years in game she's been regaining power
    Xal'atath herself has nothing but praise for N'Zoth, stating that he may ironically be the "ultimate victor":

It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be.
    This quote does imply that Xal'atath > N'Zoth, which is unsurprising. N'Zoth has always been the weakest Old God, which is why he always had to rely on cunning and subtlety over brute strength. The fact that Xal'atath is stronger than N'Zoth doesn't mean much as we know that N'Zoth is not dangerous due to his power, but due to his cunning.

He was fighting wars against C'Thun and Yogg-Saron despite being weaker than both of them, this leads us to the natural conclusion that his intelligence is absolutely lethal and not to be underestimated, as he survived the Ancient era despite being beset by the armies of Yogg-Saron and C'Thun (who are stronger than him):

Countless ages ago, Warlord Zon'ozz and his soldiers waged endless war against the forces of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron. Millennia have passed, but the warlord still serves the chaotic might of the Old God N'Zoth. Deathwing has now unleashed this legendary faceless one to crush the defenders of Wyrmrest Temple.
    Yet N'Zoth was never defeated by his brethren. He is extremely intelligent and calculating, and this is reflected in his love for deals. No other Old God has shown so much love for deals as N'Zoth has.

It is safe to say that N'Zoth will not let Xal'atath outsmart him in any way. He is the most cunning Old God. The weakest, but also the smartest. If Xal'atath threatened to consume N'Zoth, N'Zoth wouldn't let her go free. Everything he does is calculated.

Beyond that, Xal'atath is currently stuck in the body of an elf. While she finds the elven body pleasing, and while (as you may know) I have nothing but respect for elves and their unmatched strength, she is far from full power. N'Zoth has nothing to fear from her. And thanks to his bargain, he gets the empty Blade, which may potentially become a horcrux for him (popular theory is that his essence transferred into the Blade when Wrathion stabbed him and it's the whole reason why N'Zoth let Azshara keep the Blade knowing that she was treacherous, so that she could then give it to Wrathion and allow it to be used directly on his carapace).

Regardless, Xal'atath has nothing but praise for N'Zoth. She acknowledges his potential to be the ultimate victor. The one who corrupts Azeroth. She holds N'Zoth in high esteem, as he is the most intelligent Old God. Conversely, N'Zoth really doesn't have to worry about Xal'atath. Even if she was the strongest Old God (possible, but unconfirmed, until then Y-Shaarj remains the strongest and N'Zoth the weakest), she is currently stuck in an elven body.

Beyond that, the new campaign is called "Embers of Neltharion", Yes? Who corrupted Neltharion with a "single whisper"? N'Zoth. It makes much more sense for N'Zoth to resurface than Xal'atath. Xal'atath doesn't really have much connection to dragons, meanwhile N'Zoth is literally the one who corrupted Neltharion and his brood and enslaved them to his will.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-08 at 03:22 PM.

Tbf I only know that quote from T&E and didn't even realized it was from the Stonecore no-name boss with no lore :X
    Lol, big yikes. Ozruk was well known during Cata and ppl still put his quotes as one of the most memorable in WoW history. Hell, he probably killed more players alltogether than Morchok. He still does during timewalking.

You may not remember him, but saying he's unmemorable is pure contrarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Lol, big yikes. Ozruk was well known during Cata and ppl still put his quotes as one of the most memorable in WoW history. Hell, he probably killed more players alltogether than Morchok. He still does during timewalking.

You may not remember him, but saying he's unmemorable is pure contrarianism.
    Also Ozruk is a card in Hearthstone (and a kinda memorable one since he is very very weak), while Morchok is not.
    MMO Champs :