Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Lol, big yikes. Ozruk was well known during Cata and ppl still put his quotes as one of the most memorable in WoW history. Hell, he probably killed more players alltogether than Morchok. He still does during timewalking.

You may not remember him, but saying he's unmemorable is pure contrarianism.
    Meh what is memorable is different for every person. For me he is fairly memorable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Also Ozruk is a card in Hearthstone (and a kinda memorable one since he is very very weak), while Morchok is not.
    He was solid as a BG card.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He was solid as a BG card.
    Are you sure he was in BG ? I don't remember him at all and I don't find anything related to that.
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Are you sure he was in BG ? I don't remember him at all and I don't find anything related to that.
    Was a tier 5 minion with pretty much the same ability. You could build massive health on him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Was a tier 5 minion with pretty much the same ability. You could build massive health on him.
    Ozruk was not in BG. There was Garr, who got HP for any elemental you play. But it barely matters, almost everyone from WoW was in HS.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-02-08 at 08:10 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Lol, big yikes. Ozruk was well known during Cata and ppl still put his quotes as one of the most memorable in WoW history. Hell, he probably killed more players alltogether than Morchok. He still does during timewalking.

You may not remember him, but saying he's unmemorable is pure contrarianism.
    Indeed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMdO4sJahNc

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ozruk was not in BG. There was Garr, who got HP for any elemental you play. But it barely matters, almost everyone from WoW was in HS.
    And yet, Morchok wasn't.

So the new ring is interesting
    It was a bit worrying at first but the fact they come from vaults and they can be exchanged is better than the feared Dom socket 2.0

It's also a great way to nerf content without actually nerfinh it

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    It was a bit worrying at first but the fact they come from vaults and they can be exchanged is better than the feared Dom socket 2.0

Yep, it reminds me more of the Pandaria "power items" that were intended to nerf the content over time.

People losing their shit over an item that was introduced at the end of a season were being insanely unreasonable anyway. Like, who cares if there is borrowed power for the last months of a Season lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People losing their shit over an item that was introduced at the end of a season were being insanely unreasonable anyway. Like, who cares if there is borrowed power for the last months of a Season lmao.
    It's because if they introduce a system that is the same as a past one that was hated then it shows they didn't learn

7+ Year Old Account
    It's because if they introduce a system that is the same as a past one that was hated then it shows they didn't learn
    Well, I suddenly saw quite a lot people here saying "bring back powers" on DF launch that I don't even know what is real any more. There is a group of people who will screech and throw tantrums over anything, like they did with Trading Post announcement.

So basically, business as usual.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, I suddenly saw quite a lot people here saying "bring back powers" on DF launch that I don't even know what is real any more. There is a group of people who will screech and throw tantrums over anything, like they did with Trading Post announcement.

So basically, business as usual.
    True

I got a look at the new sto es and I gotta start farming that fire ring

I've been thinking of a theory, but probably isn't worth creating a thread, and I think it probably fits in speculation for the next expansion.

So, we know that beings of Light, Void, Order, don't go to the Shadowlands when they die. Only Argus did, apparently because he was supercharged with death magic.
    And that is kind of weird, considering Shadowlands whole thing is Death, and all things die.

There is one force that does end up in the Shadowlands, and that is Life. Creatures that are alive, of life, naturally go to the Shadowlands, a cycle that is emphasized in Ardenweald, death and rebirth, Life and Death.

That brings me to the naaru. Naaru, beings of the Light, become beings of the void when they die. That has been the case thus far, with L'ura in Argus, K'ara on Draenor.
    So, and I speculate, it seems that Light and Void share cyclical similarities to Life and Death.

Could it then be, that when beings of Light die, they become Void. And when beings of the Void die, they become Light? Or ar atleast rebirthed into the Light?
    Would that extend to the rest of the opposing cosmic forces. Like Order and Disorder? Afterall what is the death of Order if not Disorder? The death of Light if not Shadow?

Just something I was thinking about. And what the implications could be. Like dead old gods becoming a sort of biblically accurate light being.

I'm not saying anything as fact though, just fun speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I've been thinking of a theory, but probably isn't worth creating a thread, and I think it probably fits in speculation for the next expansion.

So, we know that beings of Light, Void, Order, don't go to the Shadowlands when they die. Only Argus did, apparently because he was supercharged with death magic.
    And that is kind of weird, considering Shadowlands whole thing is Death, and all things die.

There is one force that does end up in the Shadowlands, and that is Life. Creatures that are alive, of life, naturally go to the Shadowlands, a cycle that is emphasized in Ardenweald, death and rebirth, Life and Death.

That brings me to the naaru. Naaru, beings of the Light, become beings of the void when they die. That has been the case thus far, with L'ura in Argus, K'ara on Draenor.
    So, and I speculate, it seems that Light and Void share cyclical similarities to Life and Death.

Could it then be, that when beings of Light die, they become Void. And when beings of the Void die, they become Light? Or ar atleast rebirthed into the Light?
    Would that extend to the rest of the opposing cosmic forces. Like Order and Disorder? Afterall what is the death of Order if not Disorder? The death of Light if not Shadow?

Just something I was thinking about. And what the implications could be. Like dead old gods becoming a sort of biblically accurate light being.

I'm not saying anything as fact though, just fun speculation.
    Considering Life and Death were depicted as two serpents devouring one another in Shadowlands cosmology chart and the central facility being a word play on "Ouroboros", I assumed it was a plot point that was just skipped. My thoughts are the raw anima that souls are broken down to into the SLs are likely necessary for the lifelands (or whatever its called) to create new life. That at least would of made the story a little less bleak than what we got.

I guess the Light and Void could work the same way. But seems more likely they have their own special relationship. Naaru don't become void beings when they die but rather when they are drained of their energies.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Considering Life and Death were depicted as two serpents devouring one another in Shadowlands cosmology chart and the central facility being a word play on "Ouroboros", I assumed it was a plot point that was just skipped. My thoughts are the raw anima that souls are broken down to into the SLs are likely necessary for the lifelands (or whatever its called) to create new life. That at least would of made the story a little less bleak than what we got.

I guess the Light and Void could work the same way. But seems more likely they have their own special relationship. Naaru don't become void beings when they die but rather when they are drained of their energies.
    Wouldn't that mean that when all the souls started getting trapped in the Maw, we'd be having a lot of stillbirths?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah can't say that boss was particularly memorable. I get the voice line but that's like asking if you remember who said "Ding"
    I literally have never had anyone quote Morchok to me in all my years of playing. This is first time hearing about him being "quotable."

Having finally read over the new lore for Orc Priests, I've got to say I like it. Tying it in to the Naaru at Oshu'gun is a good way of giving the Orcs a connection to the Light without diminishing their culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I literally have never had anyone quote Morchok to me in all my years of playing. This is first time hearing about him being "quotable."
    Being quotable isn't the only thing that makes a boss memorable

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Having finally read over the new lore for Orc Priests, I've got to say I like it. Tying it in to the Naaru at Oshu'gun is a good way of giving the Orcs a connection to the Light without diminishing their culture.
    I'm very excited about this new lore. Unlike something like the void elves, this story is actually connected to established lore without diminishing orcish culture like you said. On the other hand, I'm a bit frustrated that if it wasn't for the backlash on the forums, Blizzard would have just added the orcs of the church of the holy light without a second thought. But at least I'm glad they heard the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Yeah it was handled in a pretty solid manner. I do wonder how it works for Disc and Shadow but that is a problem with the priest class in general where your player's identity seems to change completely every time you change spec. . .