Dragonflight 10.X Patches & World Soul Saga Speculation Thread

Once again the cycle has come to an end and although the datamines are still empty of their precious ores... a rumbling can be heard within the land and across these forums.

In the grand tradition of Teldrassil is Burning©, @Shadochi I summon you! Assemble our Fellowship my old friend, it's speculating time!

Hi everyone!

In the spirit of our previous and beloved expansion speculation threads (Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor, Legion, BfA, Shadowlands, Dragonflight) and as the Dragonflight era is finally upon us, it is time for us to build a new home for our ideas, turn a new leaf... AND KEEP DIGGING! After all, what are endings if not new beginnings? Especially when you've got Bronze Dragons involved...

So get to it! Will patch 10.1 take place underground? Will we see the return of Galakrond or the fall of Nozdormu? And most importantly... will 11.0 be a world revamp?

I'm counting on your participation as always to make this thread a safe and magical space to exchange ideas, theories... and maybe a few memes left and right when the time is right.

Have fun, be creative, and most of all be respectful!

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ral-Discussion
    We'll miss you little one. ♥

Active Thread Warnings:

This thread is not intended for endless and largely circular debates about points of Warcraft lore - it's to discuss future Dragonflight and WoW patches or expansions. If you have a topic of lore you want to discuss more thoroughly, then use the Lore subforum devoted to conversations of those types. So let's drop the rolling back-and-forth about BFA and Zul and focus instead on upcoming material for Dragonflight and further.

This thread isn't about the lore of previous expansions such as BfA or Shadowlands, it's about discussing future content patches and expansions. The lore of possible future content would be relevant, but let's keep it on-topic and not keep mining for previous controversy.

The long-winded discussions about body horror, cosmic horror, and Lovecraftian themes aren't really germane to this thread - take it to the Lore forum if you want to discuss the more general or broader themes of storytelling in WoW and let's keep this thread focused on more specific elements of future content patch or expansion material in WoW.

This thread isn't about microtransactions, business practices, and/or marketing demographics. There are plenty of threads already discussing these topics, so please take these topics elsewhere as they're not relevant, and often contribute to derailments.

This is not the thread for sharing your AI-generated art, it's for speculation as to future content for WoW 10.X and beyond. There is an existing thread where you can share your AI art and prompts.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2023-10-12 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Added Thread Warnings

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There were some datamining suggesting underground 10.1 if I remember correctly. Most obvious thing would be reusing Dracthyr island though, especially if we expect 10.1 in reasonable time.

So imo raids will be Raszageth -> Incarnates (I would love 2 smaller raids + megadungeon for them) -> Galakrond (time travel patch) -> Nozdormu goes mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    There were some datamining suggesting underground 10.1 if I remember correctly. Most obvious thing would be reusing Dracthyr island though, especially if we expect 10.1 in reasonable time.

So imo raids will be Raszageth -> Incarnates (I would love 2 smaller raids + megadungeon for them) -> Galakrond (time travel patch) -> Nozdormu goes mad.
    That's what I have in mind too albeit reusing the Drac'Thyr area which I think does not look distinctive enough for its own patch (no Korthia 2.0 please ...) however one thing I'm slightly afraid of is Dragon fatigue if every end patch boss ends up being a dragon. I know the expansion is called Dragonflight and it makes sense for Dragons to have the stage... but I'm sensing something more à la Mists of Pandaria where things could take an unexpected turn?

Perhaps 10.1 is a Titan-inspired underground patch, 10.2 takes place in the Emerald Dream or advances the Elune storyline and 10.3 is our final big bad dragon? May it be Galakrond, Chromatus, Murozond or something else...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    no Korthia 2.0 please
    Korthia design was great it was just ugly us hell. And as TI or Isle Quel'Danas teach us, doesnt matter if zone looks too similar to main one, it just needs to look nice. People like to spend more time in Mechagon than Argus or Maw.

One problem is that tiny patch zone with flying may cause problem with rares dying too fast. But also Forbidden Reach isn't that tiny, it just feel tiny compared to massive continent.

Korthia design was great it was just ugly us hell. And as TI or Isle Quel'Danas teach us, doesnt matter if zone looks too similar to main one, it just needs to look nice. People like to spend more time in Mechagon than Argus or Maw.

One problem is that tiny patch zone with flying may cause problem with rares dying too fast. But also Forbidden Reach isn't that tiny, it just feel tiny compared to massive continent.
    You've got a solid point, I did love Mechagon even though it felt like Kul Tiras, same with TI and QD.

As for flying... you're right, in a small zone it could create issues with rares. Forbidden Reach isn't that small but dragonriding makes zones at the same time bigger and smaller due to how fast (but awesome and immersive) it is to travel around! I wonder how they'd make it work in an underground zone. Massive hollow cavern similar to Deepholme perhaps?

I just hope we got fully fledged Infinite invasion. We already had small attacks through various expansions, but I hope for a full patch of infinite shenanigans along with raid and zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    I just hope we got fully fledged Infinite invasion. We already had small attacks through various expansions, but I hope for a full patch of infinite shenanigans along with raid and zone.
    I honestly think this will be the 10.3 patch / end of expansion content, leading perhaps towards a complete rewrital of Azeroth's history leading up to a soft reboot OR some sort of bridge with the Void and what happened to Neltharion leading us into a Void VS Light expansion.

I hope they don't waste the Primal Incarnates, they are cool counterparts to the Aspects. But with Raszageth already being the final boss of the first tier (does she definitely die?), I don't have high hopes for the other Incarnates. All four of them liberated from their incarceration and in full power would make a very cool villain. Right now it's very tame in that regard.

About Infinite... I hope we don't kill Nozdormu as Murozond. He is a great character and his interaction with Chromie is great. Their questline gives me a little hope that he won't become Murozond or at least not "enemy" Murozond - maybe he'll take Nozdormu's place as an Aspect and just become the new Aspect of Time in form of Murozond.

Decatriarch Wratheye isn't dead so she for sure comes back - I guess as a raid boss maybe in the "underground" patch? I don't know how an underground patch would fit this expansion with Dragonriding, but why not. The entire theme around the decay and "foul magic" is pretty interesting (although the dungeon is utter sh*t tier of fun). Maybe something related to Galakrond?

I just hope for an exciting or interesting twist and not the usual stuff.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Korthia is the worst zone of all time. Boring aesthetic, worst rep of the game, only the mounts/xmogs were good.

Storm and Earth for T1, T1.5 underground with chromie, T2 ragnarok with odyn and fel.

Just my guess where the expansion will take us

10.1 - Khaz Algar / Underground zone
    10.2 - Ulduar 2.0 - (Possibly an undiscovered area like Uldaman)
    10.3 - Avaloren or Unspoiled, Pre-Titan Azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Just my guess where the expansion will take us

10.1 - Khaz Algar / Underground zone
    10.2 - Ulduar 2.0 - (Possibly an undiscovered area like Uldaman)
    10.3 - Avaloren or Unspoiled, Pre-Titan Azeroth
    I'd love an Ulduar 2.0, although if it happens I think it would be related to the 10.1 zone rather than stand on its own for another patch. Except if the underground zone is 100% dwarves and almost no titans, which might get old quick (both themes go hand-in-hand very well).

From all the ideas brought up across threads, it seems a lot of people agree we're gonna go back in time at some point... I guess that'd be perfect for 10.2 or 10.3, but this patch could take so many different forms. What would you like most? Small tidbits of Azeroth history, jumping from timeline to timeline? Or something focusing on a singular time period (à la Avaloren, as proposed by @Khaza-R) ?

I think the infinite dragonflight that has been teased in the game since TBC shouldn't be just a patch. Like Azshara or N'Zoth. But that's just me.

I certainly think the Infinites will play a fairly significant role as villains during DF, but given what Blizzard have stated about wanting to move away from single-expansion villains, I can see Nozdormu/Murozond himself at least (and by extension the Infinites) sticking around for a long time as a villain/antagonist and possibly even a potential reluctant ally in the more distant future - he seems like the perfect character for that sort of role IMO.

I predict that during DF we will see Nozdormu's transformation into Murozond happen, either part-way through or at the ending of the expansion, his actions will directly lead us into the next expansion (à la Gul'dan) and he'll likely play a major role in the story for a few years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I certainly think the Infinites will play a fairly significant role as villains during DF, but given what Blizzard have stated about wanting to move away from single-expansion villains, I can see Nozdormu/Murozond himself at least (and by extension the Infinites) sticking around for a long time as a villain/antagonist and possibly even a potential reluctant ally in the more distant future - he seems like the perfect character for that sort of role IMO.

I predict that during DF we will see Nozdormu's transformation into Murozond happen, either part-way through or at the ending of the expansion, his actions will directly lead us into the next expansion (à la Gul'dan) and he'll likely play a major role in the story for a few years to come.
    That would be good indeed! Although a lot of people expected the Jailer's role to be the same and that didn't happen... but yeah it would make perfect sense for Murozond to be properly established this expansion only to be reused later on!

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Korthia is the worst zone of all time. Boring aesthetic, worst rep of the game, only the mounts/xmogs were good.
    Yeah, I'm still kinda amazed at how utterly boring Korthia was. Pretty clear they threw together what scraps they could from their original plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Yeah, I'm still kinda amazed at how utterly boring Korthia was. Pretty clear they threw together what scraps they could from their original plan.
    It was absolutely dreadful. Nothing appealing about that so called zone imo... another afterlife realm would have been so much better.

That would be good indeed! Although a lot of people expected the Jailer's role to be the same and that didn't happen... but yeah it would make perfect sense for Murozond to be properly established this expansion only to be reused later on!
    Indeed, though a big problem with the Jailer (aside from being a bit of a garbage villain in general) was that his character was so innately tied to the Shadowlands that outside of maybe a Mawsworn attack on Azeroth of some sort there's not much else they could have done with him IMO.

Noz/Muro on the other hand, is a character deeply engrained in the story of Azeroth and Warcraft in general, there's an infinite (pun intended) number of directions they could take his story in to keep him around for a looooong time!

Forbidden reaches can be selected in the wow companion app alongside waking shores, on'ahra, azure span and thaldraszus, so it's defo going to become the new endgame open world zone. I'd bet on 10.1 for that as well

It was absolutely dreadful. Nothing appealing about that so called zone imo... another afterlife realm would have been so much better.
    The one thing I'll grant it is that it at least had more color to its settings than the Maw. Which isn't hard given how monotone the Maw is. And Korthia's barely colorful too.

When I first heard it called a City of Secrets, I imagine so much. But that wasn't a "city" at all.