Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It’s not from the illidan novel all of them are night elfs in that and Maiev flatly turns down and blood/high elf help even if that means she has to go alone.
    (I see you checked the wowpedia article, the worse source of lore the devs use leading to why the story so bunk) Yes, but during her TBC storyline its stated all her night elf followers were killed when she was captured, (for the second time) so she had to use Withered & Broken. (It was the Scryers she couldn't trust: But the blood elf loyalists abandoned by Kaelthas were perfect to form Maeiv's personal crusade.)

IE: TBC Wardens have green glowing eyes & use the female belf model
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-12-16 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I don't trust that Aeonormu guy. All of a sudden pops up, lost in time and instantly gets accepted by everyone? Something's fishy.
    The way we find him too
    "Timewalkers, they are here?" Or whatever

Add in the fact we already fought and infinite dragon called aeonus

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    (I see you checked the wowpedia article, the worse source of lore the devs use leading to why the story so bunk) Yes, but during her TBC storyline its stated all her night elf followers were killed when she was captured, (for the second time) so she had to use Withered & Broken. (It was the Scryers she couldn't trust: But the blood elf loyalists abandoned by Kaelthas were perfect to form Maeiv's personal crusade.)

IE: TBC Wardens have green glowing eyes & use the female belf model
    I read Novel not the wiki, and in said novel she's against working with high/blood elf's in any way and I don't believe she ever teams up with any abandoned loyalist, while its possible I'm misremembering that or there a quest i missed it more so sounds like your just going off the model not the lore.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-12-16 at 10:18 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This is from the campaign questline, might be a side effect of it being available now and popping up in diffs because of that.
    Meh...
    Emerald dream dung might have been good

Anyone else that god the impression with the Emerald Dream questline that WoW has almost reached a critical mass of content.
    As in, there is basically no place or location that cannot be reused for whatever content is needed.

Back in Cata for instance the best you could do for the Emerald Dream was a green filter, but now we have various Emerald Dream assets and locations.
    The Shadowlands was just a hypothetical place, but now quests can actually take us there.
    And that isn't even counting smaller assets and locations that could be used with clever use of invisible walls and restricted flight.
    Want to see a bunch of ships on the ocean? BfA made a shitton of assets for that. Want caves? Basically every expansion adds a new cave model to use.
    If the Burning Legion returns in any capacity then Legion added a bunch of floating green rocks in space that could be reused, and assets that could be placed.

Barring very specific cases I feel WoW has basically reached the point where you could make almost any kind of expansion solely with the assets already in place.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Anyone else that god the impression with the Emerald Dream questline that WoW has almost reached a critical mass of content.
    As in, there is basically no place or location that cannot be reused for whatever content is needed.

Back in Cata for instance the best you could do for the Emerald Dream was a green filter, but now we have various Emerald Dream assets and locations.
    The Shadowlands was just a hypothetical place, but now quests can actually take us there.
    And that isn't even counting smaller assets and locations that could be used with clever use of invisible walls and restricted flight.
    Want to see a bunch of ships on the ocean? BfA made a shitton of assets for that. Want caves? Basically every expansion adds a new cave model to use.
    If the Burning Legion returns in any capacity then Legion added a bunch of floating green rocks in space that could be reused, and assets that could be placed.

Barring very specific cases I feel WoW has basically reached the point where you could make almost any kind of expansion solely with the assets already in place.
    Emerald Dream has two maps they can use. Emerald Dreamway (with some visible Nightmare corruption in the corner) or the final room from EN raid. At some point repeating those two will start to show.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Emerald Dream has two maps they can use. Emerald Dreamway (with some visible Nightmare corruption in the corner) or the final room from EN raid. At some point repeating those two will start to show.
    Which is already happening actually. You cant reuse everything and expect people to just roll with it every single time. Eventually you will get the comments.

Which is already happening all the time. I mean its nice to have a place to go, but it will always be that one place from that one expansion for me.. its not like oo cool if we ever get a quest to get somebody from the shadowlands, now we can go to the shadowlands because its a place now.. I mean nah, some smokey filter with some shades in the back would do as good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    holy shit those new Nelf warden transmogs

They finnaly went with the kilt open cloak (kinda) everyone wanted for so long. Its a shame its not a full on body cloak how maiev had it. Shame as I always wanted a cloak like kael or even arthas.

But.. they finnaly gave players a long coat/open robe type thing... its been years, so i give them that. Slightly interested in the physic of that armor, but I think it will jjst be like its glued on the leg. No cloth system robes/cloaks yet. Just for npcs only I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Slightly interested in the physic of that armor, but I think it will jjst be like its glued on the leg. No cloth system robes/cloaks yet. Just for npcs only I guess.
    There is no physics on the kilt, it is tied to the leg bone animations.

It is beautiful:

It is beautiful:

It really is just so great to have a proper evergreen system in place for cosmetic armor rewards.
    The amount of recolours given by Island Expeditions were fantastic, but you also only got a limited amount given the format was limited to BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    It really is just so great to have a proper evergreen system in place for cosmetic armor rewards.
    The amount of recolours given by Island Expeditions were fantastic, but you also only got a limited amount given the format was limited to BfA.
    Well, from the initial look of it we will only be able to get one or two items per month - meanwhile with Island Expeditions, you could farm as many as you wanted.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Well, from the initial look of it we will only be able to get one or two items per month - meanwhile with Island Expeditions, you could farm as many as you wanted.
    True, but it's still evergreen, which is a step up from Island Expeditions.
    So long as the devs are diligent in adding to it every patch or two then it should be fine.
    Hopefully they also add some requirements from older content, like running a scenario, or doing a dungeon for instance. Something to give new players a chance to appreciate older content.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad, but as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Sad, but as expected.
    Honestly, I will take what I can get in regards to alternative armor models, especially coat variants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminder that some of those mounts may not be obtained on day one of 10.5
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Reminder that some of those mounts may not be obtained on day one of 10.5
    Almost certainly not. We may be lucky and get a simple armor specific transmog set if we do everything i reckon.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I will take what I can get in regards to alternative armor models, especially coat variants.
    Same here, it took them way to long.

After they cut the robe short from Kul'tiran race armor, I was like.. well wtf is so hard about giving players a coat or seethrough robe.

Curious but I've yet to see a leak about the Dragonscale Expedition campaign at Renown 24? I'd need about 600 artifacts to get there this week which is a bit crazy as a grind but crazy people and WoW grinds are a match made in the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Eh, Garithos was never really a nuanced character. He was always sort of a representation of the worst of the Alliance whose Freudian excuse introduced later down the line was more of an explanation for his bigotry than anything else. If I were to write a nuanced character whose major flaw was bigotry, I'd probably go for one of the Warcraft II crew, who have plenty of opportunity to represent a "noble bigot" archetype. Trying to make Garithos nuanced could happen, but he was always kind of a one-dimensional douchebag who even Vashj, at one point an apologist for and supporter of the very imperialistic and racist pre-Sundering Kaldorei Empire, condemned for his intolerance.

Still, I do see your point. It would be interesting to see if Blizzard could handle a racist villain without turning the whole shebang into a circlejerk about how bad he is for that specific quality of douchebaggery, or better yet, a hero whose primary flaw is bigotry of some shape without said hero getting the villain bat.
    Exactly.
    And yeah you're right that he's not nuanced, i just lack the right word for it.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Curious but I've yet to see a leak about the Dragonscale Expedition campaign at Renown 24? I'd need about 600 artifacts to get there this week which is a bit crazy as a grind but crazy people and WoW grinds are a match made in the Maw.
    I imagine there simply hasnt been anyone who has bothered to show it off yet. I have seen pictures of players with the Skitterbug mounts from max Renown, so some players have indeed done it. Not to mention the devs had to come out and confirm that Renown paragon chests existed for Dragonscale Expedition.

I wouldnt be shocked if we have not seen it yet simply because it's so far off from the average player. The Valdrakken Accord reps were much easier to get quickly if you played from the beginning, managed to snag the extra week of World Quests, and played smartly with rep gains, or generally just played a human.
    Even sprinting to Renown 10 and then levelling another character would easily put you high into the double digit Renowns, even without all side quests completed.

I'm relly hoping we get some old gods stuff in DF. I'm a sucker for good, old tentacle fun.