Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Scared of what? It's good when content isn't wasted for 30 minutes experience for single class. Not to mention that if DF would be Legion (which we consider as expac with one of best patch support) then:

10.1 would be just new story and raid
    10.2 would be Evoker island
    10.3 would be actual new zone.

Now they said both 10.1 and 10.2 will have brand new zones and Evoker island will be for 10.0.7.
    My doubts / me being scared solely refers to the Evoker zone being used as patch content, it might feel redundant as the environment won't feel really new. That being said it's just a minor .0.7 patch and as you said new zones will come in .1 and .2 patches, and that's super exciting.

Btw no one is talking about In The Halls of the Titans because it doesn't really add anything. I doubt even WoWhead could get an article from it. It slightly touches on Dawn of the Aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw no one is talking about In The Halls of the Titans because it doesn't really add anything. I doubt even WoWhead could get an article from it. It slightly touches on Dawn of the Aspects.
    Does it give rep at the end, or is it like the other Expedition quest?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Makes me wonder why they tied it at 24 rep while other questlines are done much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Does it give rep at the end, or is it like the other Expedition quest?
    Sadly no rep

Sadly no rep
    Suppose that might have been a tall ask, but ohh well. Only 2500 rep after that anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    A lot of them really weren't tbh...

Hell, most guys post BFA seemed to have completely misunderstood the Titan lore back in the day.
    Speculation is not misunderstanding. And BfA onwards brought so many retcons most lore buffs can’t be arsed to give SL attention.

Most SoL members included now non-canon books in their breakdowns. We’re going through the same motions Star Wars fandoms did when they separated canon after Disney’s acquisition.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-12-28 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    My doubts / me being scared solely refers to the Evoker zone being used as patch content, it might feel redundant as the environment won't feel really new. That being said it's just a minor .0.7 patch and as you said new zones will come in .1 and .2 patches, and that's super exciting.
    Eh, I don't think most of the ppl who leveled Evokers paid that much of attention to exploration and adventure in the zone. The leveling there was pretty fast and frantic, I myself just soared thru it on high speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I dunno. You cannot actually go to the zone, just see it with abilities like Eagle Vision and such. Evokers are also limited to one per server, so I doubt anyone has levelled several. You also don't spend much time there, and I doubt many deliberately held back their Evoker to spend more time exploring.

I guess it might look vaguely similar, but even then I feel it's not actually all that like any zones on the Dragon Isles anyways. It uses similar assets, but there isn't really any area that looks similar to the Forbidden Reach on the Dragon Isles.

6 months was the best in Legion. Though that expansion also did the smart move of tying the raids to the minor patches, and effectively staggering the release of major content across 3 month intervals.
    One giant content dump every 6 months I feel is okay to a point, but does leave content growing stale by the end.
    That's why I would be surprised if they didn't utilize a possibility for 1-2 boss raids in-between major patches. What's more, they have a perfect opportunity to do so with a copy of Dragonblight's sanctums. These instances were small, there are plenty of assets to be reused for them:
    Red - Waking Shores;
    Black - Waking Shores / Obsidian Citadel;
    Green - Ohn'aran Plains / Emerald Dream from Legion
    Blue - Frosty parts of Azure Span + Azure Vaults assets
    Bronze - Temporal Conflux and a lot of sand

And here you go, 5 mini-raids for in-between patches with a single "Guardian" that you don't even have to defeat, just "test your strength" for whatever reason seems fit.

Having jsut done it, I disagree. The Lore implications from the questline is immense, specifically on Tyr's experiments on dragons, and the implications of dragons being innate magic sponges of sort.
    The talk of Alexstrasza and Ysera's biological brother, as well as the forgotten undead scourge are fruitful wells of lore.

The talk of Alexstrasza and Ysera's biological brother, as well as the forgotten undead scourge are fruitful wells of lore.
    I mean those are all known from Dawn of the Aspects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    What speculations did they do? Also WoW doesn't really have "non canon" material in the way SW does...

The only real "non canon" stuff comes from the RPG and the Comics. And even then, some RPG stuff is used in the canon itself still.

- - - Updated - - -

Weren't the names "Gorshalach" and "Taeshalach" originally from the RPG? They're in the canon still, but namely as separate blades now.
    Oh a lot of the RPG has become canon over time (just look at Kul Tiras with Tandred and Boralus) but yeah until something makes it in the game, it is not canon.
    Everything that is in the games, novels, comics is canon unless it specifically has been retconned (e.g. Me'dan, the Chronicles).

I mean those are all known from Dawn of the Aspects.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh a lot of the RPG has become canon over time (just look at Kul Tiras with Tandred and Boralus) but yeah until something makes it in the game, it is not canon.
    Everything that is in the games, novels, comics is canon unless it specifically has been retconned (e.g. Me'dan, the Chronicles).
    Dawn of the Aspects is still an old book that most players have not read though. And I still doubt that the implications of Tyr looking for Proto-dragons capable of being infused with Order magic was a feature in that book as well.

can somebody please explain why we lost the world's strongest druid who was second only to the green aspect in terms of connection to the dream in exchange for ysera only for her to be like "yeah actually i dont have that power anymore but my daughter does"

- - - Updated - - -

we are definitely going to face galakrond and probably chromatus again
    hear me out
    we will have new aspects
    chromie
    merithra
    kalec (i know technically not new but hes not an original)
    wrathion (no doubt his brother will turn traitor)
    and the only one that isnt being replaced is alex
    so we go and fight galakrond either via time travel or by him being raised and the new aspects "prove themselves"
    the twilight hammer is still a thing as well and it is possible that with the dragonflights getting their powers back we will get chromatus breaking out of stasis

Does anyone else feel like the idea of the World Tree 2 being placed in the Dragon Isles kind of permanently shut off the idea of a Kalimdor revamp? It makes no sense for a racial capital to be locked into an old expansion like that when the Night Elves have no connection to the isles save for the Green.

Why would they ever be in Kalimdor after that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Does anyone else feel like the idea of the World Tree 2 being placed in the Dragon Isles kind of permanently shut off the idea of a Kalimdor revamp? It makes no sense for a racial capital to be locked into an old expansion like that when the Night Elves have no connection to the isles save for the Green.

Why would they ever be in Kalimdor after that?
    Because they have been there for millennia and have towns and people everywhere?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    can somebody please explain why we lost the world's strongest druid who was second only to the green aspect in terms of connection to the dream in exchange for ysera only for her to be like "yeah actually i dont have that power anymore but my daughter does"

- - - Updated - - -

we are definitely going to face galakrond and probably chromatus again
    hear me out
    we will have new aspects
    chromie
    merithra
    kalec (i know technically not new but hes not an original)
    wrathion (no doubt his brother will turn traitor)
    and the only one that isnt being replaced is alex
    so we go and fight galakrond either via time travel or by him being raised and the new aspects "prove themselves"
    the twilight hammer is still a thing as well and it is possible that with the dragonflights getting their powers back we will get chromatus breaking out of stasis
    They aren't brothers, Sab is his uncle.
    Chromie being an aspect would be terrible writing

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Yeah especially since the bronze dragonflight already has a heir with Anachronos
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    They aren't brothers, Sab is his uncle.
    in order for sabellian to be his uncle he would have to be deathwings brother which he isnt because he is deathwings son

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Yeah especially since the bronze dragonflight already has a heir with Anachronos
    im not saying it would be a good thing but we have nothing from anachronos and chromie had the whole heart to heart with nozdormu

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    in order for sabellian to be his uncle he would have to be deathwings brother which he isnt because he is deathwings son
    Wrathion is Deathwing's grandson, not his son.