Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but we just got back to real Azeroth from SL, the worst revied expansion in WoW history. The Emerald Dream is my favorite place in WoW by a wiiiiiiide margin. But I don't think the Lifelands are really on the table. We will probably look at a small segment of the Dream for now. But I would be shocked if the Dream ends up being a setting for 11.0
    A patch zone that is not the main focus of the story is a big difference from an expansion focus. I really doubt the patch zone is going to be "Azeroth but greener" which implies Lifeland shenanigans, even if small.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    That's true, I can see that being a plot beat, but I just think they won't do two void incarnates. Though I guess Fyrakk is still primarily fire.

Also new wowhead post that I THOUGHT was trolling, when they said Blue = Ardenweald, but there are actually three tints to the new Green dragonflight "vestements" in the files.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/green-d...331934?webhook

Green and Blue make sense for the Dream and Ardenweald, but the third color being Elune is an interesting read. I think we're going to go further into the Lifelands than JUST the Dream, and the "emeralddreamoutdoor" doesn't have to mean it's just the Dream that we'll be exploring (aka the copy of Azeroth).
    I think the third color could be for An'she, or just a more Fall-ish recolor.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    A patch zone that is not the main focus of the story is a big difference from an expansion focus. I really doubt the patch zone is going to be "Azeroth but greener" which implies Lifeland shenanigans, even if small.
    Sounds like a reasonable assumption. I just want to temper your expectations of how far said exploration will go. At most it would be one zone, one dungeon and one raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Sounds like a reasonable assumption. I just want to temper your expectations of how far said exploration will go. At most it would be one zone, one dungeon and one raid.
    Yeah after they struggled with 5 zones for Shadowlands, one of which is basically Lifelands already, I don't think we'll ever get a full expansion of the realm. But maybe more than one zone if they want to focus on both Life/Nature and the Elements (which may come from there).

Definitely expecting to see this glowing giant cat model there. It's the one new cash shop mount rig that hasn't appeared yet (the phoenix and the blizzcon polar bear both appear in the Dragon Isles).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    I think the third color could be for An'she, or just a more Fall-ish recolor.
    Could definitely be An'she. Would be funny if we see her (if she's a sentient thing) before Elune. Assuming she isn't just Elune during the day.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-03-17 at 06:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    It's funny how of all the things added in recent patches, these smaller HD remakes are the ones that get most attention and praise from the community. The Dwarf set is everywhere already while nobody is talking about any of the new tier sets, LMAO.
    ???
    I still see people gushing over the tier sets all over social media, especially the priest, druid and mage sets.

Formerly known as Arafal

3+ Year Old Account
    Definitely expecting to see this glowing giant cat model there. It's the one new cash shop mount rig that hasn't appeared yet (the phoenix and the blizzcon polar bear both appear in the Dragon Isles).

There's also the rabbit mount, which uses a new rig. So... there better be giant rabbits in the future. Or for Noblegarden lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I don't think it counts necessarily. The fairly obvious implication is that Iridikron knew that eating the void corrupted fire would corrupt Fyrakk and this was a way to both make his ally stronger and gain more power over him. if so, he'd presumably be doing the same with Vyranoth and the Emerald Dream/Nightmare over in the next patch, only for it to fail since the chances of her surviving are huge.
    I figure what'll probably happen is that Iridikron and Fyrakk will both turn to the Void in desperation, whereas Vyranoth would draw the line at that (at least after she uncovers Iridikron's clandestine works). I'd personally like to keep it at her surviving, with her remaining a recurring elemental villain who continues by virtue of not doing something as self-destructive as embracing the Void, though it's nigh-inevitable at this point that she gets a redemption arc.

- - - Updated - - -

Could definitely be An'she. Would be funny if we see her (if she's a sentient thing) before Elune. Assuming she isn't just Elune during the day.
    Given An'she can evidently impart the Light onto mortal agents and presumably has a Void counterpart, if the similarity in name to An'shuul is any indication, I'd figure he's likely an entity of the Light. Then again, Rezan and Rukhmar were Wild Gods with a mere solar association, and could also impart such capacities, so who knows what's possible with the incredibly-inconsistent nature of WoW's cosmology. Also, An'she is male. You're thinking of the Earth Mother.

I don't think Vyranoth is gonna get a "redemption" arc, or atleast not survive it. We've heard from the devs that we'll learn more about the terrible actions of the primalists in the coming patches, and we'll presumably kill Fyrakk. Having killed two of her siblings isn't gonna make her suddenly good, especially after being imprisoned for thousands of years.
    Yes, she might not agree with Iridikiron later down the line, but due to the sunk cost fallacy she'll still be on the side of the primalists, perhaps her own faction similar to the sundered flame.
    Another route I see is Iridikiron absoring Vyranoth's power for the final patch.

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    I'm dying right now for a fresh Classic server so I can roll a new character and go in an adventure once again, with everyone in the same ground for decent groups and economy. The feeling of danger and mystery of the old world is nowhere near the current team's goals and/or skill.
    We all know that will never happen. Classic has been solved. Any new server will face the same reality Classic and Season of Mastery faced: most efficient classes and builds will speedrun the game and oneshot everything including KT and if you are not doing the world buff meta, you are playing the game wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Damn, and here I was hoping “Shadowflame” was just regular fire empowered by void magic/energy to just be more… burny.
    I mean, that's precisely what it is.

It's elemental fire magic but void corrupted.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We all know that will never happen. Classic has been solved. Any new server will face the same reality Classic and Season of Mastery faced: most efficient classes and builds will speedrun the game and oneshot everything including KT and if you are not doing the world buff meta, you are playing the game wrong.
    Honestly, I don't think that's what really killed Classic. What killed Classic was simply the lack of new content—had Blizzard put on their big boy pants and went with the less craven decision to just open a few servers where they could release new content even if it made people on the forums complain and if the extremely tiny cost of releasing piecemeal new content for a game with 2004 standards would make their ludicrous profit margins move ever so slightly more towards inefficiency because they could just release new store mounts and wait on the whales to spend enough to more than cover the gap with any lost subscription money, Classic would probably still have players.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-03-17 at 07:54 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Honestly, I don't think that's what really killed Classic. What killed Classic was simply the lack of new content—had Blizzard put on their big boy pants and went with the less craven decision to just open a few servers where they could release new content even if it made people on the forums complain and releasing new content for a game with 2004 standards would make their ludicrous profit margins move ever so slightly more towards inefficiency because they could just release new store mounts and wait on the whales to spend enough to more than cover the gap with any lost subscription money, Classic would probably still have players.
    Right, cause everyone was playing Classic until last raid got old xD. Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Right, cause everyone was playing Classic until last raid got old xD. Dude.
    I suppose it was disingenuous to say that's what killed Classic, but I definitely think a lack of new content was a problem. Another I'd add is Blizzard deciding that they don't need moderation or customer support, no matter how much it means the servers get turned into hives of gold-selling and botting.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-03-17 at 08:05 PM.

Honestly, I don't think that's what really killed Classic. What killed Classic was simply the lack of new content—had Blizzard put on their big boy pants and went with the less craven decision to just open a few servers where they could release new content even if it made people on the forums complain and if the extremely tiny cost of releasing piecemeal new content for a game with 2004 standards would make their ludicrous profit margins move ever so slightly more towards inefficiency because they could just release new store mounts and wait on the whales to spend enough to more than cover the gap with any lost subscription money, Classic would probably still have players.
    The issue with content for Classic is that instanced content was really just an afterthought to what made it so special. It was innovative and groundbreaking at the time to have stuff to do even after you reached max level, but we have current expansions for that kind of polished endgame.
    More content for Classic that would have actually been exciting would have required actual outdoor content, and new ways to explore Azeroth. Not just a new raid against the Scarlet Crusade at Hearthglen.
    The best Classic could have hoped for was to add the extra content that Blizzard was planning to add. Like Hyjal and Gilneas. And even then it would be a lot of effort for very little gain.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, that and Blizzard deciding that they don't need moderation or customer support, no matter how much it means the servers get turned into hives of gold-selling and botting.
    Sure, if you think so. I don't have good eyesight but I noticed difference between launch Classic interest and early Naxx Classic interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The issue with content for Classic is that instanced content was really just an afterthought to what made it so special. It was innovative and groundbreaking at the time to have stuff to do even after you reached max level, but we have current expansions for that kind of polished endgame.
    More content for Classic that would have actually been exciting would have required actual outdoor content, and new ways to explore Azeroth. Not just a new raid against the Scarlet Crusade at Hearthglen.
    The best Classic could have hoped for was to add the extra content that Blizzard was planning to add. Like Hyjal and Gilneas. And even then it would be a lot of effort for very little gain.
    That is true—there would have to be outdoor content now and then, though I do think some value could come from new raids or perhaps even battlegrounds. However, I really don't think the nature of the game would make it exceptionally expensive. This is a game from 2004 with proportional requisites for releasing satisfying content—I don't see it being too exceptionally expensive to produce a few patch zones every so often for Classic. Although it would perhaps be inefficient, at least in the short-run, I think it could keep Classic's playerbase relatively healthier than it is now. Of course, I suppose if I'm speaking more honestly, it was more due to lack of moderation and the like that Classic really fell into shambles, but I still think that Vanilla+ would have garnered some audience and maintained a fairly healthy playerbase.

From renovating unfinished zones alone, you could pretty quickly finish and populate Hyjal, Classic's unfinished Outland, and multiple regions of the Emerald Dream, in roughly that order of requisite effort. Given the simplicity of Classic's game design compared to now, I really do think it could be done. For much less effort, you could also expand on preexisting zones, such as by opening up western Stonetalon or the Ironforge Airfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sure, if you think so. I don't have good eyesight but I noticed difference between launch Classic interest and early Naxx Classic interest.
    You're not wrong that interest did drop off, but given the overwhelming hype around it near the beginning, that's not really exceptionally surprising. At the very least, even if it was underwhelming or "solving" Classic was what killed it, I still think there would be a much larger and healthier community with the addition of new content and better moderation, especially if Blizzard never made the disastrous decision to pursue pre-order incentives and level boosts.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-03-17 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of classic wasn't new content, just recreate something form the past. Seems like some people just wanted an entirely new instance of WoW but with Classic wow philosophy(Which is dated an no the current one isn't perfect don't have a heart attack). I find it funny some people claim to want classic and no changes but.... guess thats not what they really wanted.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The point of classic wasn't new content, just recreate something form the past. Seems like some people just wanted an entirely new instance of WoW but with Classic wow philosophy(Which is dated an no the current one isn't perfect don't have a heart attack). I find it funny some people claim to want classic and no changes but.... guess thats not what they really wanted.
    I feel like the Classic zones and lore warrant a playthrough at any time, similar to SWTOR campaigns. A modern WoW expansion in EK/Kalimdor, with racial focus and other Classic inspirations, would be far better loved than a Classic +

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    There's also the rabbit mount, which uses a new rig. So... there better be giant rabbits in the future. Or for Noblegarden lol
    I think it's likely. The Zodiac Bull came out before the new creatures that use the bull rig, like Tauraluses and the new Bruffalon.

Ranting about Classic seems like the opposite of what this thread is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Ranting about Classic seems like the opposite of what this thread is about.
    The conversation went to classic for a bit, its not a biggie.

I feel like the Classic zones and lore warrant a playthrough at any time, similar to SWTOR campaigns. A modern WoW expansion in EK/Kalimdor, with racial focus and other Classic inspirations, would be far better loved than a Classic +
    Oh I agree modern/retail wow will always be important then classic. As much as I want to be back on the old continents I don't see the fanbase be just as supportive as I am. The "THEY ARE LAZY" crowd will come out and such.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi