Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well it is high time people came to terms with the Cataclysm. It has been six expansions. Even more for the crash of the Exodar. Not sure this is what you mean with classic vibes, but the zones being less cataclysmic would make sense. Especially since at this point, they could make a Cataclysm - Classic server.
    Well, I'm all for world-revamp, and when I think of that concept, I mean down-to-earth stories, pre-cataclismic vibe of adeventure, lesser scope of threat, more about pure fantasy, like necromancy, magic and knights, and less about grand-scope titan/order/ultimate-threats. I think Dragonflight does a really good job, but it's still relatively to what we had in like 3 past expansions. Also, if you close your eyes and forget about the time-shenaningans in Draenor, that story was pretty down-to-earth as well. Also, aesthically, I prefer dark, unsettling forests and beautiful, autumn color palatte plains, over crystals and green lava filled zones. And once again, Dragonflight nailed it. So story- and design-wise I would love to have much more space to breathe, like classic kinda had, but...

Classic and almost everything pre-Legion is absolutely outdated for modern gameplay. I'm tempted to say that even current version of WoW is pretty much outdated. It's hard to tell what should change in that regard, but definitely WoW requires some re-imagining, or changing it's gameplay philosophy.

When it comes to story, Dragonflight create such a PERFECT opportunity at so many levels, as I already mentioned in previous post. But add green dragons to that, "renewing" Azeroth. Infinite possibilities, really

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I don't think Vyranoth is gonna get a "redemption" arc, or atleast not survive it. We've heard from the devs that we'll learn more about the terrible actions of the primalists in the coming patches, and we'll presumably kill Fyrakk. Having killed two of her siblings isn't gonna make her suddenly good, especially after being imprisoned for thousands of years.
    Yes, she might not agree with Iridikiron later down the line, but due to the sunk cost fallacy she'll still be on the side of the primalists, perhaps her own faction similar to the sundered flame.
    Another route I see is Iridikiron absoring Vyranoth's power for the final patch.
    I thought the theories were she might switch allegiences because Iridikron has been corrupted etc. (i might be talking out of my arse here lol)
    Either way I really hope at least one of them survive and have some role to play in the future, however unlikely that is, as I am a big fan of their design.

Jewelcrafters prepare for Tuesday
    There's an item that can drop to use to spawn a rare that is VERY low HP that drops the recipe for the gem upgrade everyone will need.

I also suggest keeping up on knowledge for all professions among at least 2 characters because much free knowledge for new patterns from new raid

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I figure what'll probably happen is that Iridikron and Fyrakk will both turn to the Void in desperation, whereas Vyranoth would draw the line at that (at least after she uncovers Iridikron's clandestine works). I'd personally like to keep it at her surviving, with her remaining a recurring elemental villain who continues by virtue of not doing something as self-destructive as embracing the Void, though it's nigh-inevitable at this point that she gets a redemption arc.
    I will say that Fyrakk being corrupted just because he wanted to breathe fabulous purple fire on moles while laughing his ass off rather than because he had moping to do does endear me to him, at least on the off-chance he makes it through the patch. I also would much prefer that Vyranoth remain in charge of a left-over proper Primalist recurring villain faction, as they fill a different niche from Old God cultists, but this is Blizzard we're talking about so her taking a love and peace suppository is near guaranteed.

@Cheezits

Fyrakk's pink + orange and very fire focused look is a breed apart from the more standard Void look. If there's any meat at all in the Iridikron Light theory it's the aesthetic one though, as we're now two raids in and both have been underground, while 10.1 will have a void-themed end boss, which doesn't really lend itself to Iridikron who'd be both underground and void.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Vyranoth is gonna get a "redemption" arc, or atleast not survive it. We've heard from the devs that we'll learn more about the terrible actions of the primalists in the coming patches, and we'll presumably kill Fyrakk. Having killed two of her siblings isn't gonna make her suddenly good, especially after being imprisoned for thousands of years.
    Yes, she might not agree with Iridikiron later down the line, but due to the sunk cost fallacy she'll still be on the side of the primalists, perhaps her own faction similar to the sundered flame.
    Another route I see is Iridikiron absoring Vyranoth's power for the final patch.
    Coming patches?.. oo god.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    . Also, aesthically, I prefer dark, unsettling forests
    Aren't those like the best zones Blizzard creates? Like Duskwood, Tirisfal, Silverpine, Gilneas, Drustvar, Revendreth, even Grizzly Hills for a lesser extent with the dead World Tree and the werewolf problem.

Then ones that are more like Diablo, funnily enough. Besides Nazjatar and the ED my dream expansion is one set in an alternate Azeroth where Gilneas was not destroyed by tidal waves and is run by a Greymane that has two living children. The catch is that in that universe instead of worgen, Arugal summoned Venthyr with their boss included.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Feels like Emerald Dream stuff is a definite for 10.2 then. Could tie up all kinds of loose ends with that. Nelf storyline (possibly Forsaken storyline by proxy), Ysera and Merithra storyline, open area west of Ohb'ahran plains. Could even bring in Decatriarch Wratheye for a link to Decay.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Feels like Emerald Dream stuff is a definite for 10.2 then. Could tie up all kinds of loose ends with that. Nelf storyline (possibly Forsaken storyline by proxy), Ysera and Merithra storyline, open area west of Ohb'ahran plains. Could even bring in Decatriarch Wratheye for a link to Decay.
    Well Decay is the closest link to what the theme of the Emerald Dream is. Maybe some Sundered Flame stuff to. That last part is speculative cause if the head guy of the Sundered flame is gonna die, they might not be relevant anymore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Have to keep in mind 10.1.5 is gonna have a mega dungeon and likely an outside zone as well

I think the frost incarnate is definitely going to have some storyline with ysera likely a clutchmate similar to Alex. I'm ready for the big reveal of "omg iridikron made a deal with the void"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Have to keep in mind 10.1.5 is gonna have a mega dungeon and likely an outside zone as well

I think the frost incarnate is definitely going to have some storyline with ysera likely a clutchmate similar to Alex. I'm ready for the big reveal of "omg iridikron made a deal with the void"
    Well, roadmap does not show any new zone in 10.1.5. It is also not really needed, looking at Tazavesh.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Aren't those like the best zones Blizzard creates? Like Duskwood, Tirisfal, Silverpine, Gilneas, Drustvar, Revendreth, even Grizzly Hills for a lesser extent with the dead World Tree and the werewolf problem.

Then ones that are more like Diablo, funnily enough. Besides Nazjatar and the ED my dream expansion is one set in an alternate Azeroth where Gilneas was not destroyed by tidal waves and is run by a Greymane that has two living children. The catch is that in that universe instead of worgen, Arugal summoned Venthyr with their boss included.
    These definitely are the best zones to my taste

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well Decay is the closest link to what the theme of the Emerald Dream is. Maybe some Sundered Flame stuff to. That last part is speculative cause if the head guy of the Sundered flame is gonna die, they might not be relevant anymore.
    Spoilers for the 10.1 campaign, but the last chapter is called A Flame, Extinguished and Emberthal takes in the Sundered Flame who refuse to follow Sarkareth (and he mind controls all his remaining followers). I think the Flame will be incorporated into Emberthal's new creche and that plotline is solidly finished after 10.1, unless Sarkareth escapes the final fight which would be a neat twist. Maybe he gets sucked into a portal to see the Void Lords/Azshara

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Fyrakk's pink + orange and very fire focused look is a breed apart from the more standard Void look. If there's any meat at all in the Iridikron Light theory it's the aesthetic one though, as we're now two raids in and both have been underground, while 10.1 will have a void-themed end boss, which doesn't really lend itself to Iridikron who'd be both underground and void.
    You have to give the WoW team credit for not doing Iridikron in the underground, Neltharion/Deathwing zone and raid. I also predicted a Lifelands jaunt with all the Elements/Life lore behind the Dragons, but the Dream is also a swerve from what a lot of people were predicting I think (as opposed to "the tree is a zone lol" which would piss so many people off I would be shocked if they did it)

Having killed two of her siblings isn't gonna make her suddenly good, especially after being imprisoned for thousands of years.
    That's my feeling as to what at least should happen, as well. I think it would be more interesting to use her as a recurring villain and keep the untainted Primalists around. However, keeping in mind Blizzard's history with this sort of thing, I'd be reluctant to assume they'll take the most interesting route.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say that Fyrakk being corrupted just because he wanted to breathe fabulous purple fire on moles while laughing his ass off rather than because he had moping to do does endear me to him, at least on the off-chance he makes it through the patch. I also would much prefer that Vyranoth remain in charge of a left-over proper Primalist recurring villain faction, as they fill a different niche from Old God cultists, but this is Blizzard we're talking about so her taking a love and peace suppository is near guaranteed.
    This new set of villains is refreshingly short of self-indulgent cinematics highlighting their insufferably tragic history. I am also inclined to agree re: Fyrakk, though it does effectively seal his fate, when I think he would be the best kind of recurring villain to have. I think variety is important when we account for the recurring villains likely to appear in future expansions, and we have a few more villains like Vyranoth and not quite too many like Fyrakk personality-wise, though I still wouldn't turn my nose up at the former since she at least does the "extremist irrevocably convinced they're justified in their beliefs" far better than the last few villains we had with that kind of personality, likely owing to the fact that she has well-defined, tangible objectives unlike the Jailer and isn't pathetically misguided from both a Watsonian and Doylist perspective like Sylvanas. Still, I think that a better villain to have frequently pop up with that kind of personality would be the likes of Vanessa VanCleef, since her objectives are so comparatively close-to-earth and the fantasy equivalent of Ulrike Meinhof strikes me as an interesting blueprint for a villain.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else wants to get Dracthyr seperate transmogs for their drakonid and visage forms? Especially with all the new "here are shoulders, cloak and a tabard" ensambles that fit quite well with the dragons but are kinda hard to match with fitting hands/legs/boots.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Anyone else wants to get Dracthyr seperate transmogs for their drakonid and visage forms? Especially with all the new "here are shoulders, cloak and a tabard" ensambles that fit quite well with the dragons but are kinda hard to match with fitting hands/legs/boots.
    Yes.
    That drake and visage form don't have seperate appearance options is like the #1 reason why i don't play one.

If i try to make a mog for one form, the other will aesthetically suffer.
    And i refuse to commit fashion crimes on my characters.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yes.
    That drake and visage form don't have seperate appearance options is like the #1 reason why i don't play one.

The only answer is, never go into visage form.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yes.

I think mecagnomes are still waiting for more customisations for their extremities as well ^^'

But honestly the toggle for transmog shouldn't be too cumbersome to implement for dracthyr

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I wonder if neltharion gauntlet of dracthyr mind control will play a part in the story they want to tell this expansion.
    Just a hunch, but that might be something they keep on the backburner for Dracthyr story in future expansions, when Order (and just dragons) plays a role. The Baine questline gives me hope for several small-scale race/class-related stories in minor patches.

I also would much prefer that Vyranoth remain in charge of a left-over proper Primalist recurring villain faction, as they fill a different niche from Old God cultists, [...]
    While I'd like Vyranoth survive as a recurring antagonist, keep in mind that the mortal Primalists are predominantly former Twilight's Hammer, so they would be fine with Old God/Void influences, and at least the higher-ups might know of the pacts that Iridikron made, and see the corruption of all the (remaining) Incarnates as their endgame.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Seems every dragonflight is getting a set of armor. Whats odd is the Newest armor the Blue dragon flight has a Infinite dragonflight color tint!
    Chromie becomes new aspect of the Bronze An Nozdormu Becomes Murozond But is swayed to become a friendly ? or some shit idk lmao