you cant give a character so many death flags then go "yeah hes gonna lead now"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Lorewise they don't. They're ALWAYS fighting inside mechs. You see it throughout Blizzard artwork. The damn racial leaders are both mech pilots, and Mekkatorque and Gallywix had a mech battle in BFA that looked like something out of Gundam.

Gnome and Goblin players being unable to partake in that fantasy is infuriating.
    We have a story of mekkatorque punching the light out of Troggs while fighting in gnomeregan.

Trinkets don’t always fight in mechs.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why Ebyssian though? Why couldnt it just be Emberthal like what made sense? Is it just because the devs wanted a fifth giant dragon model in Valdrakken? Because I am inclined t believe that is the reason why.
    Emberthal is completely unqualified, even if the narrative case made for her was fairly interesting. On top of the obvious disqualifier that she isn't a proper dragon and that Thrall Earthwarder business should've permanently soured people on that twist, Ebyssian has the dual benefit of being more qualified in-story, what with being a de facto racial leader for some few thousand years, and not being tied to a class in-game. While a more productive bond between the Black Aspect and the Dracthyr leader would be an interesting enough spin on Neltharion's original intent, as their main class rep and the only hope of them being relative earlier, along with following up on the whole bit about her making her own place in the world, Emberthal needs to actually do something outside of their direct oversight.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Something to be said about how the two leaders who merited regime change were a brown man and a mentally ill woman and this at the hands of a blonde blue-eyed hereditary monarch. My deeply held progressive values were under vicious assault in Mists and BFA.
    i mean, at this point it's fairly obvious that cdev is cryptofascist - imagine making a song with a message "Proudm0r did nothing wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You're right. I forgot about Maiev consoling Tyrande at Sylvanas' trial after Maiev tried to kill Tyrande multiple times & during Cataclysm, coordinated the assassination of multiple Night Elf politicians in an attempt to take control of the government. It's literally just Sylvanas who doesn't get a pass.
    they're both women though - looks like we have more to learn about race relations after all.
    an alternative stance is taken by C. Poster in Sylvanas Windrunner of the World of Warcraft, Hillary Clinton, and the Rhetoric of Female Leadership, who takes more than just race into account.

Please, I'm clearly making more of a Marxist argument. The Night Elf mages are all the descendants of the vampiric Highborne kulak class and their physical liquidation is both a moral (and narrative) necessity for the good of the organism at large.
    I know you're kidding but I don't think it's even expressly stated that the politicians she killed were even mages. Arcane magic being legalized in Darnassus was just something that happened around the same time.
    Why Ebyssian though? Why couldnt it just be Emberthal like what made sense? Is it just because the devs wanted a fifth giant dragon model in Valdrakken? Because I am inclined t believe that is the reason why.
    Because other than "protecting Azeroth" Dragon Aspects main job is perpetuating the brood. And I doubt its even possible for Drakthyr to push those huge eggs out their cloaca.
    To be fair to Maiev, she was trying to round up and hang all Night Elf mages to keep them from becoming playable and compromising night elf identity, which is not only defensible, but laudable and necessary. We're all the poorer for her failure.
    I'm sure if anyone had read the Cataclysm novel, as soon as Maeiv started ranting about "the mongrel races" a lot of wow players would have empathized with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    We have a story of mekkatorque punching the light out of Troggs while fighting in gnomeregan.

Trinkets don’t always fight in mechs.
    TBF, we were talking about Orcs and Tauren, not Troggs.

No one is afraid of Troggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    well thats nice Wrathion got wasted for some random dragon that had NO connection to anything with the black dragons and got saved by wrathion
    blizz levels of writing
    Seems par on course? Didn't they completely forget about him in Legion despite the whole thing being part of his elaborate plan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It's lame because of the model, but also because he acts and even talks like Baine.
    Honestly he’s worse then Baine, Baine atleast actually went to fight Garrosh’s forces and stood up to Sylvanas (even though both came way to late), where Ebon horn hide like a coward for every thing even when the legion was on his door step.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Honestly he’s worse then Baine, Baine atleast actually went to fight Garrosh’s forces and stood up to Sylvanas (even though both came way to late), where Ebon horn hide like a coward for every thing even when the legion was on his door step.
    Which he even admits later on. Ya'll are overreacting like crazy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Seems par on course? Didn't they completely forget about him in Legion despite the whole thing being part of his elaborate plan.
    They didn’t forget about him they wrote him out. Originally in the beta he was the one who cleansed Ebon horn of corruption in high Mountain and he was the second uncorrupted whelp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Which he even admits later on. Ya'll are overreacting like crazy.
    He then does nothing to actually stand up to any of the threats in this patch and tells the people who are to not be so angry all the time.

Nothing has changed he’s still a worse Baine.

Honestly I still wonder if there's some unspoken requirement of being a full dragon to be an aspect. That's what I'm suspecting at this point.

I'm sure if anyone had read the Cataclysm novel, as soon as Maeiv started ranting about "the mongrel races" a lot of wow players would have empathized with her.
    Her main grievance was over the Highborne and she was offing those first, but the Night Elf reasoning for being viciously against every other race is essentially the only rational position a night elf could take, given where their interaction with literally anyone else on the planet got them. When we met them, they were a continent-spanning empire with the strongest army around, blessed and supported by the ancients of the world. Then they kindly sacrificed their world tree, immortality and power over nature on behalf of the other races.

Their reward? Now they're an endangered species, vassals to an absentee kid on another continent who's lived 1/500th of the lifespan of one of their leaders, with half their lands taken over and logged by an alien species and with the main taboo of their culture nixed on behalf of a bunch of crack addicts who sat around in a ruin draining a demon and performing routine cullings of their society for a few thousand years.

It's the same problem as with @guro-tchai 's comment re: the Jaina song. The game wants us to feel Jaina's on the wrong path or whatever and see the Kul Tirans as reasonable for inexplicably changing their entire historiography re: Daelin, but no one in their shoes would ever come to that conclusion given that everything Daelin warned about ended up happening and Kul Tiras itself was being invaded by the Horde at the time.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2023-05-23 at 04:55 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    no they removed him
    originally he was ebonhorn and we found uncorrupted black dragon eggs
    that got scrapped and we got the moose that couldnt step foot away from highmountain without Wrathion's cure

I'm sure she and Garrosh would've been good friends under different circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I don't quite understand what Merithra is doing or how it relates to the rest of the cutscene.
    shes supposed to be the new green aspect which begs the question....WHY DID WE BRING YSERA BACK

Her main grievance was over the Highborne and she was offing those first, but the Night Elf reasoning for being viciously against every other race is essentially the only rational position a night elf could take, given where their interaction with literally anyone else on the planet got them. When we met them, they were a continent-spanning empire with the strongest army around, blessed and supported by the ancients of the world. Then they kindly sacrificed their world tree, immortality and power over nature on behalf of the other races.
    When you put it that way it makes total sense Tyrande & her would be best friends now. (I initially wrote this line as sarcasm, then I started thinking about it it makes total sense.) We look at Silithus as an example of Night Elves trying to expand their empire: Yeah, Tyrande was all for turning the desert into a forest. Just ignore that turning a Desert, a natural biome, into a different natural biome, would kill all the living creatures to whom a desert is their ideal habitat. Night Elves consider themselves the protectors of the natural world but their hubris & contempt for nature is equally as macabre as the Forsaken's.
    I don't quite understand what Merithra is doing or how it relates to the rest of the cutscene.
    Danuser refuses to write any lore bibles for the expansion because it would render him irrelevant so none of the people writing these questlines knows what the others are doing.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-05-23 at 05:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

It's a vision.
    They are showing us the tree is gonna appear soon, and the Aspects will stand united with us to protect it.

Which basically confirms a Dream themed 10.2

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    shes supposed to be the new green aspect which begs the question....WHY DID WE BRING YSERA BACK
    Blizzard made the quest and then back petalled at mock 10 when they got back lash on how awful trading Malf for her was.

Merithra Is just a last minute fix to there awful idea and they had no real plans for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I'm sure she and Garrosh would've been good friends under different circumstances.
    well, about that...
    NE is green, O is green. both hate demons and immigrants lesser races. hate lesser races and fel together - Horde is a family, a big tent!