Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Besides that sparing Garrosh really had no effect on Gul'dan's actions; does Dragonflight establish somewhere that Wrathion decided to not go through with the AU Draenor, and it was solely Kairozdormu who carried it out? A lot of people on lore twitter are claiming this.
    No, Wrathionoids are just pissed he didn't get the Aspect bit and the expansion isn't a fellating exercise of the dude but instead keeps him with pretty much the same characterization as ever.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    No, Wrathionoids are just pissed he didn't get the Aspect bit and the expansion isn't a fellating exercise of the dude but instead keeps him with pretty much the same characterization as ever.
    How dare Blizzard treat a teenager like a teenager.

I found the Wrathion vs Sabellian arc to be trite in game tbh. Not that either was particularly out of character; sure Wrathion had matured slightly in BfA but getting flustered in front of Sabellian absolutely made sense. Honestly I am OK with everything that happened, it was just so boring. And they should have used Ebyssian a bit more in the Waking Shores storyline.

Plus both he and Merithra need decent models.

I actually enjoyed quite a lot all Black Dragonflight related quests and characters. The only thing that I dislike is not spending more time with them.

The outcome regarding the Aspect is one that I fully support. We need a free Wrathion so that he can hang out with us in future adventures, and I hope to see more of Sabellian too, as he looks and feels awesome (my awesome standards are low). Ebyssian is where he needs to be, and I liked his chats with Emberthal.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

The character growth of Sabellian and Wrathion is forced and clearly miss an edge.
    The last quest chain was kind of disappointing to me. Wrathion and Sabellian both took risks to shut a threat that's been let loose by Emberthal's compassion.

I would have expected the two black dragon to drag Sarkareth's corpse to the feet of Emberthal and taunt him with something along the lines of : "here, we've done your deed for you."
    Then explaining to Emberthal that being part of the black dragonflight doesn't mean that you can turn your back on your duty and that when reasoning is pointless, dire actions must be taken. That in my opinion should have been the key experience that would have rallied Wrathion and Sabellian. Both were reluctant to put at risk their forces but when duty demanded it they were both ready to act and both looking forward to maintain order in their flight, etc.

Having them act like disney characters in the end raid cinematic and the quest chain did break the characters. The writers should definitely read a bit more of what made the franchise a hit in its first episodes, we need characters that are proud and willing to act selfishly, there isn't anything wrong with this.

I can get behind a character that has needs and act upon them rather than one that makes easy choices every time because we are asked to ignore every need they could have. Apparently in Dragonflight,dragons never need to eat, never need any resources to practise their magic, never tire, never have any issue sparing someone that has tried to kill them before or has killed their family and brethren. What a world to live in...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus both he and Merithra need decent models.
    I'm still confused. Malfurion is "dead." Ysera is back. And yet Merithra is still the Green Aspect? I'm going to assume the rest of the expansion is going to be very Green & Red focused because they've gotten the least characterization so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone watched a completely different cinematic if you got that. I don't believe the Black Dragonflight storyline was a complete washup, just not what I expected. I do agree that Ebyssian should of popped up much sooner to soft prepare us for his Aspect declaration. I wish Wrathion was it but they'd have to rework his personality to be less impatient and that was not the case in DF so far.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-05-25 at 10:32 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm still confused. Malfurion is "dead." Ysera is back. And yet Merithra is still the Green Aspect? I'm going to assume the rest of the expansion is going to be very Green & Red focused because they've gotten the least characterization so far.
    Ysera's return is explicitly only temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Ysera's return is explicitly only temporary.
    But Malfurion's "death" is explicitly permanent. So.... seems extremely dumb.

But Malfurion's "death" is explicitly permanent. So.... seems extremely dumb.
    Please don't spread misinformation. Malfurion only has to stay while Ysera is in the world of the living. That was the condition set by the Winter Queen.

Ysera will obviously be involved in 10.2 given it will be about the Dream. She probably helps us save the dream whilst acting as a mentor to Merithra and once the patch is done she will go back to SL and Malfurion will come back. Doubt they keep her for longer than that.

Odd we haven't seen her at all though, besides the one scene of her coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I don't understand why every time you come in you spread false information about what's going on in Dragonflight. Do you even play the game? I doubt.
    You're telling me when Tyrande & Malfurion are saying their tearful goodbyes, and talking about the "agony" of their separation, its supposed to be temporary? Malfurion not only had nothing to do during while Tyrande was avenging their race, we know Malfurion spent *centuries* in the dream, away from Tyrande, like it was nothing. If its supposed to be temporary what is he even talking about? Malfurion canonically went years without seeing his wife *for fun*

Malfurion is not coming back because the writers have explicitly told us they have nothing for him to do. They even talked about how they should have had Saurfang kill him for all they did with his character after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Ysera will obviously be involved in 10.2 given it will be about the Dream. She probably helps us save the dream whilst acting as a mentor to Merithra and once the patch is done she will go back to SL and Malfurion will come back. Doubt they keep her for longer than that.

Odd we haven't seen her at all though, besides the one scene of her coming back.
    Perhaps, though I really do suspect that part of Blizz's initial plan in that story was to remove Malfurion from Tyrande's side so that she could shine as the Night Elf leader. Perhaps it's just my cynicism, but I half suspect that even if Ysera goes back, Malfurion will need to stay behind to finish his work in Ardenweald or some such mulligan to keep him off Azeroth.

You're telling me when Tyrande & Malfurion are saying their tearful goodbyes, and talking about the "agony" of their separation, its supposed to be temporary? Malfurion not only had nothing to do during while Tyrande was avenging their race, we know Malfurion spent *centuries* in the dream, away from Tyrande, like it was nothing. If its supposed to be temporary what is he even talking about? Malfurion canonically went years without seeing his wife *for fun*

Malfurion is not coming back because the writers have explicitly told us they have nothing for him to do. They even talked about how they should have had Saurfang kill him for all they did with his character after that.
    Danuser literally compared it to Persephone and stated that they swapped places.
    It was a trade.

If it wasn't blatant in the dialogue, it was blatant with his interview forever ago.

Would love to see where they said that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Dude was literally introduced as dying and holding onto the last fraying strands of life. That was his character. The only place to progress his character was into death. And they did so gracefully. Sindragosa was already dead. What else did you expect?
    That he survived legion just to die here.
    Sindragosa waa obvious as well, but they needed an increase in their roster, so why the trouble >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    That he survived legion just to die here.
    Sindragosa waa obvious as well, but they needed an increase in their roster, so why the trouble >.>
    But they did increase their roster? Every dragon you've brought back got several moments to show their personality. They are all now part of the roster.

So World Revamp is probably out of the question now as in not happening?

It's weird how Ebonhorn wasn't a character in 10.0 when he was one of the NPCs in Orgrimmar and the equivalent to Wrathion in the Prepatch and was even featured in the Dracthyr Intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's weird how Ebonhorn wasn't a character in 10.0 when he was one of the NPCs in Orgrimmar and the equivalent to Wrathion in the Prepatch and was even featured in the Dracthyr Intro.
    Ebonhorn absolutely started on equal grounds with Wrathion this expac. It's just that in the Waking Shores quests they kind of forgot about him. He should have been one of the quest givers at the Obsidian Citadel and he should have been at the Ruby Life Pools waiting for Wrathion and Sabellian with Alexstrasza.