1. #20021

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by chairmankaga View Post
    wait is this confirmation of this leak?

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...raft-awakening
    Lets fikin go!!!

  2. #20022
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What are you on about?
    Exactly what I said.

  3. #20023
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I think you misunderstand what the post is proposing there. Not adding High Elves to retail but a third rail of WoW Retail, Classic (Cataclysm) and Classic+. The idea here being the Dark Portal did not open and this Classic+ goes in a different direction.
    wouldn't it basically just remove BC? considering Burning Crusade and Wrath are the most beloved xpacs it doesn't seem too bright of an idea

  4. #20024
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Exactly what I said.
    Do you seriously think having Azshara, a character with a history of like 20 years, having her own expansion would be a bad thing?

  5. #20025
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Everything about this is wrong though.

    The Void was the first to make it's play at the start of the planet's history. The Titans were completely undermined 15-30,000+ years ago when their prisons when the Void was so overbearing that it turned one of them insane, and they continued to be undermined throughout history, with their prisons being completely ineffectual containment and all of their servants being corrupted or transformed into new races.

    The titans have never traditionally been the pillar represent "everything that's good". They've been the pillar representing creators. The Light is the pillar that has traditionally represented everything that is good.



    No, we already passed that. It was called Shadowlands.
    Your post just proved my point about the Void being the endgame though, do you not see that?

    And yeah, the Titans did represent good ideals throughout most of WoW's history. They were quite literally described by Blizzard as the good guys, the creators, the protectors, and so on. Since Vanilla, no "cosmic force" has been so prevalent in the story as Order via the Titans. They were there against the Legion, the Old Gods, and even as we fought death itself in Northrend.

  6. #20026
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    So, people actually believe that the "Awakening" (Classic+) "leak" is real because the person who wrote it said, "Chris Metzen is the main head behind the project?"

    Please remember, there have been videos from content creators promoting the "idea" of Chris having a MUCH larger role on the WoW team than people initially thought for WEEKS now! Additionally, we've known since December that he was working on the Warcraft team (just now he has an "official" title). So, again, are people that gullible? Just...

  7. #20027
    Quote Originally Posted by hipolnalrt View Post
    So, going back to those Wowexdev "leaks" on twitter. Whether they're AI or not, I decided to look into where one image may have come from, particularly:

    To me it looks like Thunder Bluff

    https://imgur.com/subGjhX
    I am all about not immediately discarding the wowexdev stuff, AI or not, but that being Thunder Bluff does feel like a bit of a stretch? Can you elaborate on what Details lead you to that conclusion?

  8. #20028
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    So, people actually believe that the "Awakening" (Classic+) "leak" is real because the person who wrote it said, "Chris Metzen is the main head behind the project?"

    Please remember, there have been videos from content creators promoting the "idea" of Chris having a MUCH larger role on the WoW team than people initially thought for WEEKS now! Additionally, we've known since December that he was working on the Warcraft team (just now he has an "official" title). So, again, are people that gullible? Just...
    Nice attempt at damage control, Chris.

  9. #20029
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    No. They won't add high elves after void elves that can be high elves
    Classic+ is a completely seperate game to current retail from what im gathering so no Void elves are NOT vurrently available, think of this as classic but ina new direction.

  10. #20030
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Why would they continue from Vanilla and not Wrath?
    Less time having to justify why the plot dropped off after Wrath. Just choose the first possible moment where a retcon makes sense and don't think too much about it.

    I mean, just consider the fact the heavy implication that they retcon after Wrath would be that the writing sucks. It might be true, but it would come across like immensely sef-congratulatory considering TBC was also kinda shit.
    Retcon what happened after Classic and you have as close to a blank slate as is reasonable.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  11. #20031
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    So, people actually believe that the "Awakening" (Classic+) "leak" is real because the person who wrote it said, "Chris Metzen is the main head behind the project?"

    Please remember, there have been videos from content creators promoting the "idea" of Chris having a MUCH larger role on the WoW team than people initially thought for WEEKS now! Additionally, we've known since December that he was working on the Warcraft team (just now he has an "official" title). So, again, are people that gullible? Just...
    I would add a "what if..." idea could be used for retail, it wouldn't require creating a third branch of WoW. And tbh i can just imagine the retail players' reactions should they add ogres to this classic+ thing

  12. #20032
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I think you misunderstand what the post is proposing there. Not adding High Elves to retail but a third rail of WoW Retail, Classic (Cataclysm) and Classic+. The idea here being the Dark Portal did not open and this Classic+ goes in a different direction.
    Why though? This is somehow an even worse idea than Classic+ catered to Retail players that want a world revamp.
    Any kind of Classic+ would come with the massive elephant in the room of why this content isnt in Retail. The only reason to do so would be to preserve the spirit of Classic gameplay. Trying to argue that the plot would be better is the most ostentatious lie ever uttered.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #20033
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Do you seriously think having Azshara, a character with a history of like 20 years, having her own expansion would be a bad thing?
    No, but I seriously think it's hilarious you'd complain about BfA making Sylvanas, a character who in Vanilla okay'd human experimentation for the development of bioweapons and the slaughter of multiple cities of civilians just minding their own business, a villain "for no reason" in the same post where you claim Vanilla-Mop was better. Y'know, the expansion period where Illidan, Kael and Vashj were all hit with the generic villain bat, and Malygos went insane just because "magic shouldn't be used".

    Or complain about the 4th war being over quickly when Wrath and MoP both had Varian just decide to not care about the Horde openly attacking Alliance forces.

  14. #20034
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,239
    Yeah, not bying this Awakening 'leak' at all. First of all, the title is really too generic. And that 'leaked' logo looks fake af.
    Also i dont believe they made all that fuss abut Metzen just for him overseeing simple Classic+.
    Literally no fucking way they didnt bring him to make 11.0 and story going forward.

  15. #20035
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why though? This is somehow an even worse idea than Classic+ catered to Retail players that want a world revamp.
    Any kind of Classic+ would come with the massive elephant in the room of why this content isnt in Retail. The only reason to do so would be to preserve the spirit of Classic gameplay. Trying to argue that the plot would be better is the most ostentatious lie ever uttered.
    A Classic+ could be plausible if they decided to add cata and following expac's stories with classic/bc/warth/cata gameplay

  16. #20036
    Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    In Managed Decline
    Posts
    1,217
    Flying Mounts have no prevalence in Classic+, so it most likely is a 6 month sub mount for the first period of Cataclysm Classic.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.


  17. #20037
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why though? This is somehow an even worse idea than Classic+ catered to Retail players that want a world revamp.
    Any kind of Classic+ would come with the massive elephant in the room of why this content isnt in Retail. The only reason to do so would be to preserve the spirit of Classic gameplay. Trying to argue that the plot would be better is the most ostentatious lie ever uttered.
    Hasn’t that been the entire concept behind Classic+ though? A story of what ifs. It’s what I’ve been saying for years.

    It doesn’t matter if we get a Classic+ interpretation of Emerald Dream etc because we already have the Emerald Dream content in retail.

  18. #20038
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    The worlds you listed are unlikely to be visited except as patch content, and that's me being generous. Draenor and arguably Argus are the only two non-Azeroth worlds that have any relevance in the lore. The rest are just background fodder.
    Argus was just invented in TBC. Before that, the Draenei were an indigenous race from Draenor and had the appearance of the Broken. Then in TBC they retconned them so they were uncorrupted Eredar, and the Broken were a corrupted version. At the same time, they changed their origin to Argus.

    What I mean is that they can create some reason to go to those planets, like they made us go to Outland, then Draenor, then Argus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    The Emerald Dream is being explored, as decided by Blizzard, in 10.2.
    Only a small fraction, as said by them in the interviews.

    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    The South Seas and Undermine are arguably one and the same, unless they do the hollow earth expansion we've been discussing. I'm not sure they'd want to do that at this point. Do I want it? Yes. Does Blizzard want to create an expansion out of scraps? Maybe.
    Very unlikely to do an entire underground expansion. Blizzard always tries to make the expansion zones diverse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    The other side of Azeroth and/or Avaloren (whether they're the same or not) is pretty much it for upcoming potential. I do think it's possible they let us explore the entire backside of Azeroth for multiple expansions. But does that hold the necessary appeal for lapsed old school players?
    This is the most likely next expansion to me. The pre-patch Titan notes, the pirates telling about another continent, the Deathwing annotated book implying there's more land than just Kalimdor...


    Other things that they've planted the last expansions:
    - Something happening with the Ethereals in the background (the brawl club assassination, the costume contest spying, the mystery coins in the journal...)
    - The demons are still out there and active. There's also the hint about some unknown demons that the Legion never met.
    - Yrel and her Army of the Light
    - Xalathath and the Void Lords
    - The Coming Threat

  19. #20039
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Flying Mounts have no prevalence in Classic+, so it most likely is a 6 month sub mount for the first period of Cataclysm Classic.
    Oh yeah there wouldn't be flying. But why Emerald Dream related for Cata?

  20. #20040
    I think MrGM was having fun with you, you don't have toy box and heirloom collection on Wotlk classic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •