1. #20041
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I think MrGM was having fun with you, you don't have toy box and heirloom collection on Wotlk classic
    Someone hasn't logged onto the PTR yet

  2. #20042
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    A Classic+ could be plausible if they decided to add cata and following expac's stories with classic/bc/warth/cata gameplay
    I could see it if it was a toggle on Retail where the Classic zones have been readded.
    Classic+ to this extent is a whole can of worms that is basically impossible to get a good read on. It's one thing for Wrath to not have a group finder, it's another to add transmog to effectively TBC.

    I am way more open to the Awakenings concept of Retail doing what is effectively a Classic+ expansion. You could use all the revamped HD assets. Redo famous dungeons and raids in a more modern style.
    For that matter you could go the exact opposite direction as well. Add a hard mode like so many have pitched throughout the years that could give a more Classic experience.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  3. #20043
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Someone hasn't logged onto the PTR yet
    I don't play any classic wow, but I remember that these features came later expansions, did they add them to wotlk classic?

  4. #20044
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I don't play any classic wow, but I remember that these features came later expansions, did they add them to wotlk classic?
    Yes, but still on PTR for now.

  5. #20045
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Hasn’t that been the entire concept behind Classic+ though? A story of what ifs. It’s what I’ve been saying for years.

    It doesn’t matter if we get a Classic+ interpretation of Emerald Dream etc because we already have the Emerald Dream content in retail.
    The issue I have with Classic+ conceptually is that we have gotten to see what was behind the door to Uldum in Tanaris, or actually go to Hyjal. We have done all of that in Retail, so redoing it in Classic+ just sounds reductive to me.
    Not to mention that unless you redo ALL of Classic to go alongside the new content then it would just effectively be TBC. The levelling and world aspect of Classic isnt really conducive to more patches. You would have more raids or dungeons or whatever, but that would pretty much just be more stuff to do once you have progressed Ahn'Qiraj or whatever, not a new way to experience Classic.

    The Awakening concept is better in this regard. It's in Retail, which is much more endgame focused. And you have much more room for systems and whatnot that enhance the world. Can't imagine Classic+ Mythic+ dungeons would work, or player housing.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  6. #20046
    that's a pretty neat find then

    I do wonder what release would bring a promtional event with such mount to the game. If it was a what if classic expansion I would have expected an infinite dragon instead of a nightmarish one
    Last edited by Skildar; 2023-09-26 at 09:54 PM.

  7. #20047
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    that's a pretty neat find then

    I do wonder what release would bring such mount to the game. If it was a what if classic expansion I would have expected a infinite dragon instead of nightmarish one
    It looks like a pre-Cata mount, is the justification I imagine they had. The warpstalker mount in TBC I faintly remember was chosen for being a mount that could be easily ported into TBC, not really because it made sense for the story.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  8. #20048
    someone said the new nightmare mount is a reference to "war against the nightmare", an event happened after wotlk and before cata. so yeah, cata classic

  9. #20049
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, but I seriously think it's hilarious you'd complain about BfA making Sylvanas, a character who in Vanilla okay'd human experimentation for the development of bioweapons and the slaughter of multiple cities of civilians just minding their own business, a villain "for no reason" in the same post where you claim Vanilla-Mop was better. Y'know, the expansion period where Illidan, Kael and Vashj were all hit with the generic villain bat, and Malygos went insane just because "magic shouldn't be used".

    Or complain about the 4th war being over quickly when Wrath and MoP both had Varian just decide to not care about the Horde openly attacking Alliance forces.
    Wait till you find out I thought it was stupid that Sargeras appeared out of nowhere and impaled Azeroth with his sword. "But he's the main baddie!" Yeah, no shit, but somethings just don't work. Like Sylvanas starting a world war and destroying one of the starting zones.

    Yeah, it is for no reason. That shit didn't need to happen. But it did because as we know the main writer had a fucking vendetta. TBC wasn't trying to be deep, like BFA or SL. The writing back then didn't try to be hollywood level writing. And what's wrong with Malygos being like that? He falls more inline with how the dragons used to act towards mortals back then.

    ICC had a Horde vs Alliance encounter and MoP ended with the Siege of Orgrimmar, so I don't know why you're mentioning Varian not caring about the Horde.

  10. #20050
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It looks like a pre-Cata mount, is the justification I imagine they had. The warpstalker mount in TBC I faintly remember was chosen for being a mount that could be easily ported into TBC, not really because it made sense for the story.
    wasn't the warpstalker tied to the releas of BC classic? It makes sense as it is an unique creature found in outland that was never made into a mount and could be a nifty reward in retail and BC clasic

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    someone said the new nightmare mount is a reference to "war against the nightmare", an event happened after wotlk and before cata. so yeah, cata classic
    I've never read the Stormrage book and completrly forgot it was happening before cata release. I hope they make it explicit if that was their way of thought because very few would associate the emerald nightmare with cataclysm

  11. #20051
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    someone said the new nightmare mount is a reference to "war against the nightmare", an event happened after wotlk and before cata. so yeah, cata classic
    What event are you talking about? Do you mean The Ruby Sanctum raid?

  12. #20052
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    wasn't the warpstalker tied to the releas of BC classic? It makes sense as it is an unique creature found in outland that was never made into a mount and could be a nifty reward in retail and BC clasic
    Cata Classic is always a possibility. And if it isnt, then a dragon mount makes sense for WotLK Classic.

    Or of course, just a regular mount given to players in 10.2. Wouldnt be the first time we get a mount that looks painfully outdated from current content.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #20053
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    What event are you talking about? Do you mean The Ruby Sanctum raid?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/War..._the_Nightmare

  14. #20054
    Would have been nice to see that in game in some capacity.

  15. #20055
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It looks like a pre-Cata mount, is the justification I imagine they had. The warpstalker mount in TBC I faintly remember was chosen for being a mount that could be easily ported into TBC, not really because it made sense for the story.
    I'm betting its the 19th anniversary present. They just decided to add the reward to both versions of the game this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I seriously doubt 10.2 would be 3 days after Blizzcon. It's more likely the 7th. But who knows?

    Edit: I meant "before Blizzcon".
    Four major patches were released less than two weeks before Blizzcon. While a major patch has never been released less than two weeks after Blizzcon. So there's precedence.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I think you misunderstand what the post is proposing there. Not adding High Elves to retail but a third rail of WoW Retail, Classic (Cataclysm) and Classic+. The idea here being the Dark Portal did not open and this Classic+ goes in a different direction.
    If they really wanted to give people a new story to undo some decisions, they'd just do it with time travel. If they reintroduced talent trees & that didn't convince people to try retail, they would have accepted those people as impossible to please and any more effort trying to appeal to them is a waste of time.

  16. #20056
    I think I could get behind a classic expansion designed to tell us all the stories that have occured between wotlk and cataclysm. It could give players that enjoy classic gameplay some sweet moments.

  17. #20057
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    What extra mounts have been added for classic in the past?
    - The warp lizzard for the TBC Classic
    - The tuskarr kite for the WotLK Classic

    (I don't remember if they added one for Vanilla)
    So this one is probably for Cata Classic or a 6month promo (like the exclusive pets they added in previous ones)

  18. #20058
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If they really wanted to give people a new story to undo some decisions, they'd just do it with time travel. If they reintroduced talent trees & that didn't convince people to try retail, they would have accepted those people as impossible to please and any more effort trying to appeal to them is a waste of time.
    I don't know about others but Classic+ appeals to me because I don't have any interest in retreading TBC, Wrath etc. I would enjoy the "what if" scenario.

  19. #20059
    Scarab Lord MCMLXXXII's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Delta swamp of the west
    Posts
    4,849
    I would like if they turned back time. Not to the point of Vanilla WoW but to the end of Warcraft 2 or beginning of Warcraft 3. Would be fun to play the Siege of Dalaran in WoW.

  20. #20060
    I'm almost certainly reading too much into it.

    https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker/s...74359271182554

    But that's such an odd way to put it.

    "We can't way to reveal what's next" is what I'd expect to say for an expansion.
    "We are really looking forward to sharing our future at Blizzcon!" sounds like it's bigger. Longer lasting. Different.

    I really am still leaning towards a revamp, as it would fit the bill. But I'm always happy to be wrong. Even when I'm looking forward to said revamp. Just seems odd wording is all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •