1. #2041
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think it really may be Iridikron if they want to have Murozond get his own expansion(s) which has kind of been hinted. They have said they want to do another multi-expansion story.
    Which would be a good thing to do - one of BfA's biggest crimes was that it used Zul/Aszhara/N'Zoth as loot pinatas although each could have carried their own Expansion. Zul could have been the major antagonist alongside Ashvane for BfA, while the other two could have served as final bosses for their own Nazjatar and Ny'alotha Expansions instead. Atleast that's something Shadowlands did right - it didn't waste material from which you can create a good setting.

  2. #2042
    10.1 sniffed out + cheeky zorbrix gif.. hmm

  3. #2043
    Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    In Managed Decline
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Hummmm. We STILL do not have a "pretty good idea" about who is gonna be the final boss. Sure, they can unencrypt some stuff after 10.0.7 hits, but at this point we may see it from 10.1 reveal/PTR.
    I don't even know what to make of this either. I guess if its all voidy tendril dwarves in the reveal, I guess we pivot to BFA 2.0 and redeem that motherfucker.

    Or I guess we take the "Harbinger" likeliest candidate being Iridikron and Iridikron ends up being the big bad that ends up merging with Galakrond or becomes hyper empowered due to Void and turns into Galakrond 2.0.


    Oooor we're still on the path of a "Surprise Murozond" final boss situation because of the Web Cartoons being very vague and still being so.

    I don't really like Murozond because of the potential for Blizzard to go "*ZAP* TIME TRAVEL SHENANIGANS" with him and I am terrified of what they would do with that power with the current narrative team. (Not really likely due to the Nightsquall/Avaloren/Azshara setting up in 10.0.7 though.)
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2023-03-07 at 09:15 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.


  4. #2044
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I don't even know what to make of this either. I guess if its all voidy tendril dwarves in the reveal, I guess we pivot to BFA 2.0 and redeem that motherfucker.

    Or I guess we take the "Harbinger" likeliest candidate being Iridikron and Iridikron ends up being the big bad that ends up merging with Galakrond or becomes hyper empowered due to Void and turns into Galakrond 2.0.
    I think it's a 50/50 shot of Monster Iridikron mutated like Galakrond, OR Literally Galakrond pulled through time by Murozond who escapes.

  5. #2045
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    So it isn't accurate. If you bother to read through it, aside from a few general details, it is very different and wrong. And even those general details aren't all right either (i.e. says we start in the southern zone, and we don't. Says zones aren't based on flights but they are. Says that the western zone is an overgrown forest, it isn't).

    Its just another case of someone throwing a lot at the walls and hoping a few things stick.



    After Garrosh drains it during his fight, all that's left is the Fading Breath. And it seems it fades away in time as well. Now whether or not that's the end of it, who can say.
    well i ask because the naga book mentions a dark heart left broken
    Xal wanted to absorb power from followers of the old gods imagine if she got her hand on the heart of one

  6. #2046
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    well i ask because the naga book mentions a dark heart left broken
    Xal wanted to absorb power from followers of the old gods imagine if she got her hand on the heart of one
    AFAIK we have not yet killed the hearts of Yogg or Cthun. We did kill Y'shaarj's heart and N'zoth got completely obliterated, meanwhile Yogg's mouth/brain and C'thun's head were all we killed.

    Considering it is new lore that Yogg corrupted Galakrond, maybe we will find his heart this expansion.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-03-07 at 09:47 PM.

  7. #2047
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    AFAIK we have not yet killed the hearts of Yogg or Cthun. We did kill Y'shaarj's heart and N'zoth got completely obliterated, meanwhile Yogg's mouth/brain and C'thun's head were all we killed.

    Considering it is new lore that Yogg corrupted Galakrond, maybe we will find his heart this expansion.
    so dragon isles were originally built on the body of an old god in the old concept art
    im wondering if it was the blood of a certain old god that got attributed to a different one since we know that the watchers say there were only 4 but in game theres proof of 5

  8. #2048
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Mines are wide open.
    Marlamin, I hereby summon thee, as the mines are opening and content delivery is nigh!

  9. #2049
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think it's a 50/50 shot of Monster Iridikron mutated like Galakrond, OR Literally Galakrond pulled through time by Murozond who escapes.
    galakrond is coming
    no way the devs completely ignore this big chance and instead pull a watered down version....oh wait nevermind lets go iridikron

  10. #2050
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Marlamin, I hereby summon thee, as the mines are opening and content delivery is nigh!
    Mines are still closed but going off activity will probably open very soon (though not tonight I think). We wait.

  11. #2051
    Okay, here's my prediction for today!

    - Streamers / content creators are getting 10.1, or at least being informed about it. The rest of us may or may not hear about it this week.
    - 10.0.7 will get it's RC PTR build.

  12. #2052
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Okay, here's my prediction for today!

    - Streamers / content creators are getting 10.1, or at least being informed about it. The rest of us may or may not hear about it this week.
    - 10.0.7 will get it's RC PTR build.
    Yeah, I think PTR will be up in next 1-2 weeks, but streamers have access to special build like for SL Beta and DF Alpha.

  13. #2053
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yeah, I think PTR will be up in next 1-2 weeks, but streamers have access to special build like for SL Beta and DF Alpha.
    I think for 10.0.7 and 10.1 PTR servers to be up alongside each other like they are now, there would have to logically be some overlap for it to make sense.

    Imo, 10.0.7 will arrive either next week or the week after that. 21 March is a pretty solid bet. So 10.1 honestly could arrive this week on the PTR, by that logic. But it might start out as invitation-only this week and open up more next week.

    Otherwise I'm not sure what the point of the two PTRs is.

  14. #2054
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yeah, I think PTR will be up in next 1-2 weeks, but streamers have access to special build like for SL Beta and DF Alpha.
    That would be nice

  15. #2055
    Are we thinking Blizz will do like a reveal stream or video for 10.1 like they've done for patches in the past? Cause usually when they did those it would be a week or two before PTR

  16. #2056
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Are we thinking Blizz will do like a reveal stream or video for 10.1 like they've done for patches in the past? Cause usually when they did those it would be a week or two before PTR
    It's a good marketing thing, and most recently they went that path, so I wouldn't be surprised there will be an official video published. Nothing really stays in a way to open PTR the same day. I'd argue that it actuallygives a better vibe - the "instant access" and, a bit illusionary, but still, feeling that content is delivered quickly.

  17. #2057
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Are we thinking Blizz will do like a reveal stream or video for 10.1 like they've done for patches in the past? Cause usually when they did those it would be a week or two before PTR
    I think for Shadowlands the start of the major patch cycle coincided with their BlizzConline event, didn't it? So they had a decent venue their to announce their patch content.

    This time around it's probably more likely they'll keep reaching out to influencers like streamers etc., and do collaborations with them, and with shorter notice.

    Edit

    I had a look at Twitter to dig some more about things. What's for certain at this point is that something cool will happen today.

    Taliesin & Evitel: tweeted "Going to be a fun day I reckon"

    MrGM: tweeted "morning" with a winky eyes GIF followed by "Solid walk this morning in the snow to get my coffee before a very busy day"

    Adam (Deadly Boss Mods): responded to MrGM's tweet with "absolutely nothing happening today."

    Then we obviously have all the stuff from yesterday, when a bunch of them tweeted the eyes emoji and various hyped up GIFs, and the 10.1 PTR showed up encrypted.

    Info event for influencers only, public info dump for everyone, 10.1 PTR available to streamers only, or 10.1 PTR available to all. It's gotta be one of those 4.
    Last edited by Worldshaper; 2023-03-08 at 10:01 AM.

  18. #2058
    A video / stream with what is coming in 10.1 makes sense IMO. I think that WoW needs a little bit of hype. Hell, I love the game and I love DF but I have not log in in the past two weeks. As I have stated before, DF needs something big, and 10.1 has to be one if not the best patch in WoW's history to retain current players and keep bringing back older ones (and hopefully new ones).
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2023-03-08 at 12:19 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  19. #2059
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    A video / stream with what is coming in 10.1 makes sense IMO. I think that WoW needs a little bit of hype. Hell, I love the game and I love DF but I have not log in the past two weeks. As I have stated before, DF needs something big, and 10.1 has to be one if not the best patch in WoW's history to retain current players and keep bringing back older ones (and hopefully new ones).
    We have a roadmap. If there was going to be some unannounced feature on these patches, they would have tried to create some hype by having some mystery item on the roadmap.

  20. #2060
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We have a roadmap. If there was going to be some unannounced feature on these patches, they would have tried to create some hype by having some mystery item on the roadmap.
    We will have system updates in DF. Honestly I would be shocked if we do not get a new / revamped system. It does not have to be something big, but for example we already got the Trading Post, and in that line I am pretty sure that we will see some of the following changes:

    - Mythic + will get big adjustments IMO.
    - Secondary professions will probably get some love and we might get archeology as a revamped evergreen system.
    - For sure they will do something with Timewalking. This is a must. And no, I am not talking about adding BfA timewalking, which will of course happen in this expansion. I think that the system will be revamped in some way.
    - They are introducing a kind of solo dungeon in 10.0.7 and that might be a test for another evergreen system coming later in DF.
    - PvP needs something new, and I think that we will be getting it in this expansion. I am not talking about a new BG or arena but a new kind of PvP activity.
    - Finally we could also include here things like cross-faction guilds. We already know that they are doing it. But I do not think of it as a new game system.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2023-03-08 at 12:33 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •