1. #20681
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I hope you do realise that this fully applies to you as well?
    Whenever I've referred to "my narrative" I've always used "rewrite" or "revision" or similar. Because that's what it is.

  2. #20682
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Whenever I've referred to "my narrative" I've always used "rewrite" or "revision" or similar. Because that's what it is.
    Except there's nothing left to rewrite since the story is over... Which is not an opinion.

  3. #20683
    Brewmaster flan1337's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    in some fridge
    Posts
    1,352
    Do people actually want Yrell back? Wouldn't it be better to kinda forget WoD ever happened?

  4. #20684
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Except there's nothing left to rewrite since the story is over... Which is not an opinion.
    If you say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I mean... what if?

    What if they've decided, fuck it. We ran out of lore. Like Ion said, we dug ourselves into a corner (paraphrasing).

    What if the new expansion is this:

    - We lose. The Void wins. Our timeline is effed. Finally, we met an enemy that was just too far ahead of us. The Old Gods really did do their homework, and there's nothing we can do. Except...

    - Chromie or somebody does a thing. We see one of those time-rewind effects, moving back through history at a rapid pace.

    - *THUNK* The effect stops. A cinematic plays. We hear the first few musical notes of an enhanced Elwynn Forest soundtrack. We open our eyes. We've been given a second chance to stop the Void.

    - The expansion is literally Classic+, but in the modern engine. Perhaps a few features are altered, but in general it's still the same game.

    Lore is reset. Ton of characters and locations return. We set out on a new journey, and it's all in glorious HD.
    With Metzen's return this might be prophetic.

  5. #20685
    Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    Do people actually want Yrell back? Wouldn't it be better to kinda forget WoD ever happened?
    How can you forget WoD happened when we have AU maghar as a playable race?

  6. #20686
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,934
    Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    Do people actually want Yrell back? Wouldn't it be better to kinda forget WoD ever happened?
    Why forget? It wont make the expansion go away, it's story and characters are integral to WoW universe. And Yrell shows nicely how good intentions and zeal can easily turn into evil fanaticism under bad influence. Y'all should really stop treating certain moments of the game like they deeply scarred you. It's childish and you wont achieve anything.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-09-28 at 04:23 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  7. #20687
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    I really feel people are overstating Thrall to fit their narrative. It could very well just be a way to announce Metzen back to the fold and nothing more and if he is prominent in the next expansion, it could literally be anything. He's the Horde poster boy and can be plugged into anywhere. Hell, he was at the start of Shadowlands even though it didn't do much else with him.
    Both could be true at the same time. His presence can be because Metzen is coming back, and it can be because he plays a major role in the next expansion. Both are probably true since we're talking about this expansion falling on the 20th anniversary of WoW.

  8. #20688
    Brewmaster flan1337's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    in some fridge
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    How can you forget WoD happened when we have AU maghar as a playable race?
    Good point, but do any AU maghar appear in the story at all after WoD? I feel like that is one allied race we don't even see much at all. They exist only to give a reason why we could have uncorrupted orcs.

  9. #20689
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,398
    Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    Do people actually want Yrell back? Wouldn't it be better to kinda forget WoD ever happened?
    Ignoring segements of lore is not any sort of solution to the writing quality, it just makes it more disjointed.
    And wod was made impossible to ignore once Mag'har were made playable and a bunch of AU races and creatures jumped over to Azeroth with them.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  10. #20690
    Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    Good point, but do any AU maghar appear in the story at all after WoD? I feel like that is one allied race we don't even see much at all. They exist only to give a reason why we could have uncorrupted orcs.
    Well SL and DF didn't call for it but there's maghar npc in org who still have feelings over the lightbound when you talk to them and about the Draenie themselves too.

  11. #20691
    I am Murloc! Auxis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    do you have an extract of this passage? i don't remember it
    At the end of the Mag'har recruitment quest, when you land back in Durotar from the portal, you see several botani, saberon, and I think some magnaron running towards the Barrens.

    In this vid @ approx. 24:29 you see black saberon running along the mountains past the elementals. And when the camera pans more to the left, you see botani running past a tree. The saberon could be considered enough to start a breeding population as ingame doesn't accurate reflect lore - they are apex, sentient predators. If they have the correct amount to start a population then they could be an issue. The botani are a far worse issue. They could quite easily use the overgrowth in the barrens to start their own Everbloom.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2023-09-28 at 04:36 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  12. #20692
    Brewmaster flan1337's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    in some fridge
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Why forget? It wont make the expansion go away, it's story and characters are integral to WoW universe. And Yrell shows nicely how good intentions and zeal can easily turn into evil fanaticism under bad influence. Y'all should really stop treating certain moments of the game like they deeply scarred you. It's childish and you wont achieve anything.
    Forget is an extreme without a doubt, but I view it from a story investment standpoint. I am not scared that they would bring them back. I argue if its worth investing into the WoD characters and bringing them back into a mainline story. You can only have so many characters on your screen and involved into a story. Right now, everyone in WoD is in a bubble. I do think Yrel showing off the extreme of the light is interesting.

  13. #20693
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If you say so. With Metzen's return this might be prophetic.
    Buddy, you're not gonna like this, but all the cosmic stuff was Metzen's idea. That stuff started in TBC. He wrote Chronicles and made the cosmic alignment chart

    He's the man with plans

  14. #20694
    People hate WoD so bad yet cream themselves at anything Knaak related.

    Disliking the story of WoD is just you hating on the expansion because of it's gameplay

  15. #20695
    Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    Forget is an extreme without a doubt, but I view it from a story investment standpoint. I am not scared that they would bring them back. I argue if its worth investing into the WoD characters and bringing them back into a mainline story. You can only have so many characters on your screen and involved into a story. Right now, everyone in WoD is in a bubble. I do think Yrel showing off the extreme of the light is interesting.
    Exactly that.

    We don't really have an light antagonist in our timeline. That ship sailed when illidan offed Xera.

    All we have left is the scarlet's and they ain't enough to carry the light part of a LvD exp.

    So Yrel being set up as that is perfect, now more than ever after the events of dawn

  16. #20696
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People hate WoD so bad yet cream themselves at anything Knaak related.

    Disliking the story of WoD is just you hating on the expansion because of it's gameplay
    I have this backwards.

    From a narrative perspective the story was very dumb--one legion all realities makes no sense. Why are Mannoroth and Kil'jaeden trying to reenact a plan they already know failed? What is their goal, attack a more united and more fortified Azeroth with the same force that failed last time?

    As a mythic raider, the raids were incredibly good

  17. #20697
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If you say so. With Metzen's return this might be prophetic.
    You may be overstating the level of change from this. While it's probably a change for the better, it's not likely to reshape everything fundamentally.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

    You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

  18. #20698
    I am Murloc! Auxis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5,083
    Some really nice things lining up for Trading Post based on data mining. Love the troll shield but that dwarven axe?? *chefs kiss* I just hope it's that gold colour that wowhead showcases in the article and not the red-bronze colour the model actually seems to have

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/more-tr...dwarven-weapon

    Also, Stormrider cosmetics including a hammer arsenal. I hope they do the hammers justice.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, changing Hunters Mark in ptr to make it a raid buff of sorts. 5% increased damage to marked target above 80% health. Nice to have a damage component to it again and not just for vanity/class identity purposes.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  19. #20699

  20. #20700
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Wait... is that an ice elemental mount at the bottom right?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •