1. #21061
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Or an alternative reading is that the decline of WoW started with WotLK, since that is when the game no longer managed to gain more subscribers than it lost.
    I think some of you struggle with the concept of "decline". But it's not the first time i see people making up their own meaning of words in mmo-champ. It ends with me having to link the dictionary and it's quite droll.

    I get it. Some of you have lofty ambitions of what an expansion can be. Good luck, is all i can say.
    But, you know. I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2023-09-29 at 03:56 AM.

  2. #21062
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, in an expansion whose theme is one set of dragons trying to undo the work of the titans and seeking revenge against another set of dragons who embraced said titans' powers.

    I'd imagine an elemental expansion actually involving Azeroth's elements. Not an evil dragon using elemental power to burn stuff.
    If we're not going to get an Old Gods or Emerald Dream expansion due to those being samey and having limited design stuff, then "Elemental" expansion is another no-go because elementals are, kind of boring.. Cata did a good job with 'em and given the themes in this expansion, this is as close as you're going to get

  3. #21063
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    What would you even do with that anyway? Night Elf stuff? AU Old God BS? Cause the Legion is defeated.
    Bunches and bunches.

    If you do a pre-sundered time travel expansion, set it before Azshara really dived into the Well of Eternity, and you can get into ancient things and races, races driven out by Trolls like the Furbolg precursers, and whatever threats that stepped up to justify the original Night Warrior for Night Elves.

    This is by far the least interesting version.

    An "unsundered" Azeroth, where Azeroth gets healed and restored, you can have plenty of things similar. Old Gods, ancient horrors, crumbling buildings resettled, ancient artifacts of power claimed by nefarious actors, Troll Wars trying to reclaim lands, Ancient Kaldorei hubris looking into other dimensions and dealing with the consequences.

    In the War of the Ancients trilogy, there is mention of a city that was reduced to a crater, and nobody really knows why.

    You also have stuff like the Barrens, where there is a Titan facility that has some sort of horror in it that we try and lock away. It's also implied there is some sort of Titan facility under Darkshore with the old Aman quests.

    Yes, I'd imagine a lot of stuff would include ancient NE ruins, but you can do so much with that. Elementals, Cosmic invasions. Old Gods..

    The great thing when dealing with what the Pre sundering NE society is you can lean into so many sci-fi or fantasy tropes of corruption, power, hubris, and danger that you it provides a entry for pretty much any story direction you want.

  4. #21064
    Brewmaster flan1337's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    in some fridge
    Posts
    1,352
    Hey if a new x pack gets announced this year at blizzcon - doesn’t that mean no xpack announcement next year?

  5. #21065
    11.0 will likely have a mix of Void, Elementals, and Dragons. Just like Dragonflight and Cataclysm. But the main antagonists (and perhaps the theme) will probably lean more towards Void.

  6. #21066
    Quote Originally Posted by Woweclipse24 View Post
    World of Warcraft: Eclipse

    - Theme is Light vs. Void
    - Azshara main villain. Makes contact with void lords. Xal’atath returns with Iridikron. Plan is to corrupt Sargeras into a dark Titan to kill the other titans.
    - Playable Ethereals start out on K’aresh. Zone returns as patch content.
    - Avaloren new continent with Titan city Uldaz as capital.
    - New feature similar to Torghast but is called Path of the Titans
    This is atleast the format of a believable leak. A handful of bullet points not a novel.

  7. #21067
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    Hey if a new x pack gets announced this year at blizzcon - doesn’t that mean no xpack announcement next year?
    Right. DF being short probably warps the mind into thinking there’s an announcement every year, it’s confused me too.

  8. #21068
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Right. DF being short probably warps the mind into thinking there’s an announcement every year, it’s confused me too.

    Assuming 10.2 releases this November, we're going to go until May for Season 3. We "might" get a Season 4, which will tide us over until the release of whatever the next expansion is. Which will, yes, technically hit the "Expansion every two years" metric they've been aiming for. There's pretty much no chance of an expansion being announced next year unless they hit us with two more patches in Dragonflight.

    Which mind, is absolutely a possibility. I just don't think it's a very large one.

  9. #21069
    Not to worry.

    Expansions are released every two years, with the announcements taking place in the off years.

    Dragonflight was most likely a 2022 announcement that slipped into April of the following year, because there was no BlizzCon in 2022.

  10. #21070
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    If we're not going to get an Old Gods or Emerald Dream expansion due to those being samey and having limited design stuff, then "Elemental" expansion is another no-go because elementals are, kind of boring.. Cata did a good job with 'em and given the themes in this expansion, this is as close as you're going to get
    Cata did an okay job, but now it's completely outdated... We've got different Fire and Wind Lords and Neptulon isn't stuck in the Abyssal Maw fighting Ozumat anymore.

    Though the whole point behind why they can't do Old Gods and Emerald Dream expansions.. I've explained this but the Emerald Dream is just nothing but dense jungles which is basically copy-pasting Val'Sharah but in different tints and saying "There's your 4 unique zones" and if they all look the same then it gets boring. Same can be said for Old Gods because then it'll just be Ny'alotha/Ahn'Qiraj copy-pasted but with different bug enemies (I don't know if opinions changed now, but I recall people not liking any of the raids that involved bugs like Ahn'Qiraj or Heart of Fear.)

    Elementals, on the other hand, are varied and if they go out of control, it can lead to possible changes in the zones, especially to the zones that were untouched from the Cataclysm's changes... and it doesn't mean EVERY ZONE is effected by Elementals, the elementals are the trigger to the revamp.

    This is why people believe in the elemental expansion idea because it can lead to a possible revamp of the old world.

  11. #21071
    Brewmaster flan1337's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    in some fridge
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    Assuming 10.2 releases this November, we're going to go until May for Season 3. We "might" get a Season 4, which will tide us over until the release of whatever the next expansion is. Which will, yes, technically hit the "Expansion every two years" metric they've been aiming for. There's pretty much no chance of an expansion being announced next year unless they hit us with two more patches in Dragonflight.

    Which mind, is absolutely a possibility. I just don't think it's a very large one.
    What also makes this kinda unique as others have mentioned is that next year 2024 Nov-25 would be the 20th year of World of Warcraft. This means we could get 11.0 right for the 20th - As logic then stands another Xpack would be announced 2025 Nov. So we would need to wait basically 2 years for a world revamp if it doesnt come around this time.

  12. #21072
    Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    What also makes this kinda unique as others have mentioned is that next year 2024 Nov-25 would be the 20th year of World of Warcraft. This means we could get 11.0 right for the 20th - As logic then stands another Xpack would be announced 2025 Nov. So we would need to wait basically 2 years for a world revamp if it doesnt come around this time.
    People have such a weird fixation on the anniversary.

  13. #21073
    Brewmaster flan1337's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    in some fridge
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    People have such a weird fixation on the anniversary.
    Yeah you have a point. Its actually not a big deal at all - just went back to remember what happened during the 10th anniversary of WoW at Blizzcon 2014 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow7DFbwaMfQ ). The full focus was on Overwatch releasing. Chances are we probably won't see any announcements made based solely on it being the 20th.

    Hell they might just show the survival game haha.

  14. #21074
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    No clue how representative the detailing is but that looks like 2 separate WoW demo areas?
    The other could also be the area for the Guild Clash
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

  15. #21075
    Brewmaster flan1337's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    in some fridge
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    The other could also be the area for the Guild Clash
    Maybe but there is also a sword thingy on the map. We don't know what the Guild Clash is - probably is an in-person physical event(Think tug of war style games). We should be getting an article on it Friday(Tomorrow)

  16. #21076
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There is a World Quest where a little Pandaren is having a dream and creating monsters by accident in the Emerald Dream. You have to get rid of them.
    Funny how people argue that the Emerald Dream isn't about dreams.

  17. #21077
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Did WoD have a demon prepatch event?
    Were its gathering nodes demon-infused?
    Did every profession have demon-based sub-specializations, core recipes and use demon-based universal materials the entire expansion?
    Did every central quest line involve demons?
    Were large portions of every zone demon-related?
    Were two of its three tiers demon raids, with the third also being heavily demon-themed?
    Were there demon-themed armor, weapons, mounts and pets in every zone and every patch?
    Did it add multiple demon-based world events?
    Were the main enemies of three of its four zones demon-infused factions?
    Were the main over-arching villains for the entire expansion a set of demon-infused villains?


    I wish people would stop with this bullshit. Dragonflight is not "like WoD had demons!!!!". Dragonflight is built from the ground up as an Elemental expansion. The Elemental theme is not secondary or off to the side, or minor. It has been slammed into your face from the opening quests of the expansion all the way to the final boss.
    Yeah, i mean ye there are dragons but when you actually play you can easily feel the elements theme all around you.

    I think it's very stupid to think otherwise, if would say that i've dealt with actual big scary dragons in this expansion a lot less than i spend it against the primalists or other mobs that pretty much use their elemental magic, many people wearing their new elemental themed tier sets, plus another batch of elemental themed weapons(like swords) are coming in next raid tier.

    There's no fel, no void besides in only few occasions - It's elements and all their raw power.

    When you enter dragon isles, one of the first quests if killing some earth elemental mobs.


    Maybe they might ditch major 10.3 because 11.0 might end up in many ways the same.

  18. #21078
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Yeah, i mean ye there are dragons but when you actually play you can easily feel the elements theme all around you.

    I think it's very stupid to think otherwise, if would say that i've dealt with actual big scary dragons in this expansion a lot less than i spend it against the primalists or other mobs that pretty much use their elemental magic, many people wearing their new elemental themed tier sets, plus another batch of elemental themed weapons(like swords) are coming in next raid tier.

    There's no fel, no void besides in only few occasions - It's elements and all their raw power.

    When you enter dragon isles, one of the first quests if killing some earth elemental mobs.


    Maybe they might ditch major 10.3 because 11.0 might end up in many ways the same.
    DF is most definitely an elemental expansion alrdy, more of it would be boring.

  19. #21079
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    DF is most definitely an elemental expansion alrdy, more of it would be boring.
    At this point i honestly think it will happen even tho i don't like it and i think it would be boring too if they don't actually do it completely different in feeling and looking(but how they can make elemental expansion where you don't fight a lot of elemental based enemies or have elements infused areas), but people saying that "we have dragons, its not elemental expansion!!" are looking kinda dumb when someone actually points out how much of a elemental theme there is in this expansion and how often you see it, how often characters, creatures, cosmetics etc are pretty much a showcase of different elements.

  20. #21080
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    At this point i honestly think it will happen even tho i don't like it and i think it would be boring too if they don't actually do it completely different in feeling and looking(but how they can make elemental expansion where you don't fight a lot of elemental based enemies or have elements infused areas), but people saying that "we have dragons, its not elemental expansion!!" are looking kinda dumb when someone actually points out how much of a elemental theme there is in this expansion and how often you see it, how often characters, creatures are pretty much a showcase of different elements.
    I think thats were we need to take the initiative and vote with our wallets, it would most certainly show Blizz what the consumer wants and what will cost them money and we all know they don't like to be hit in the money wallet.

    I honestly thought people would be abit more reasonable when it was explained to them that DF is most definitely a Elemental heavy themed expansion but they seem to be acting very disingenuous and disrespectful to other posters as it goes against their agenda.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •