Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Hogger died in the Stockades Dungeon. And I doubt someone burried him in order to have a corpse for Wratheye, but a decayed-up Hogger would be cool. Maybe they could go the troll route and summon his Spirit from the Shadowlands in order to possess another Gnoll?
    Without joking, I think there was a scenario in a recent expansion where you enter the stockades and it is hinted that the hogger in there was only someone in a suit.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Actually, I think Hogger is a generational name given to leaders of the Elwynn gnolls. So might just be a Hogger in the new Elwynn.
    There must always be a ominous crash of lightning Hogger.

I don't really care for a world revamp for reasons of modernization, but I think it would be really cool to see what the passage of time has done to the "old world". Especially with probably less death, destruction and worldending doom happening than in Cata. More room for "classic" adventures and so on.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Figured I'd assemble some tweets from WoW devs. Got any more?

Chris Metzen
    It’s been amazing working on Warcraft again. Like coming home. The stories we’re developing right now – how the world unfolds over the next few years… Well, I can’t wait for y’all to see where we’re headed.

SOON…
    Christie Golden
    Azeroth is home. Very, very excited to have this gentleman back and for you all to see...well...
    Mike Ybarra
    Happy to engage with
    @ChrisMetzen
    on the future of Warcraft!

See you all at BlizzCon.
    Aramis
    Having gotten a tour of the kitchen preparing the AMAZING FEAST of stuff being planned for BlizzCon...

... all I can say is GET HYPE fam!
    Terran Gregory
    Been working with Chris a whole lot since he came back last year - and can’t wait to share what’s been cooking at Blizzcon and beyond! #workwork

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Figured I'd assemble some tweets from WoW devs.
    Christie Golden's "Azeroth is home" part is really fun to read. My heart hopes it's a revamp hint.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    Christie Golden's "Azeroth is home" part is really fun to read. My heart hopes it's a revamp hint.
    I kinda like Chris' bit about "how the world unfolds over the next few years". It might be nothing, but it feels like the world will see some major development.

Whether that's a revamp, or major new landmasses being found, or even just the story branching out into more games and stuff, I dunno. But I'm excited!

I honestly struggle to think what could bring as much hype as a revamp but I refuse to get my hopes up.

Cataclysm was the hypest expansion reveal WoW has ever had and I don't think anything will ever top that.

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    Yikes people voting for Elwynn. Vanilla Elwynn, sure it was great. But current one is just not even good. Tirisfal meanwhile is probably the BEST starting zone when it comes to story after the Cata revamp. Meanwhile I feel Dun Morogh and Durotar don't even manage to do decent world building. Teldrassil at least does that (but not much more).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Cataclysm was the hypest expansion reveal WoW has ever had and I don't think anything will ever top that.
    I think every WoD, Legion and BfA all did amazing reveals.

My issue with the big Cataclysm-like world revamp theory is the Dragon Isles were designed to be the new player leveling experience, replacing BFA. It strikes me as odd that they would then immediately revamp the old world to yet again create a new player leveling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yikes people voting for Elwynn. Vanilla Elwynn, sure it was great. But current one is just not even good. Tirisfal meanwhile is probably the BEST starting zone when it comes to story after the Cata revamp. Meanwhile I feel Dun Morogh and Durotar don't even manage to do decent world building. Teldrassil at least does that (but not much more).
    I wonder when people think of starting zones if they think of Vanilla or Cataclysm. I still tend to think of Vanilla zones, but I'm sure for most players those versions are unknown or distant.

That being said, Tirisfal is right on the money. Cata Forsaken were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Selorian View Post
    My issue with the big Cataclysm-like world revamp theory is the Dragon Isles were designed to be the new player leveling experience, replacing BFA. It strikes me as odd that they would then immediately revamp the old world to yet again create a new player leveling experience.
    Do we know that for a fact or is that just something we assume? Honestly Dragon Isles as the new player experience is fucking weird to me. New player experience to an entirely different game maybe. Ofc they can follow it up with more of the same.

100% agree. Best reveal trailer for sure.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    I wonder when people think of starting zones if they think of Vanilla or Cataclysm. I still tend to think of Vanilla zones, but I'm sure for most players those versions are unknown or distant.

That being said, Tirisfal is right on the money. Cata Forsaken were awesome.
    Elwynn in particular lost so much when all the Defias were effectively converted to random bandits.

Elwynn in particular lost so much when all the Defias were effectively converted to random bandits.
    Totally agree. Post-Cata I've always been Horde, but the Vanilla Human leveling pipeline of Elwynn > Westfall > Darkshire will always have my heart

Hope the Human heritage quest indicates we'll see a form of them again.

- - - Updated - - -

I think every WoD, Legion and BfA all did amazing reveals.
    Don't get me wrong, they all had great reveal trailers, especially BfA and Legion (and then again, I am biased because it hits different because that was the one reveal I was there for in person), however, nothing comes close to Cata.

They dared to scrap the entire world.

This shot of the Barrens having a huge chasm broke my small kid brain.

Along with that, having Goblins and Worgen, two of the most requested races, and Tauren Paladins or Troll Druids, new race and class combinations, something unprecedented.

In hindsight, yeah, it's quaint, but back then it was the hypest shit ever. The only thing that came close to that was the shot of a Blood Elf wielding the Ashbringer and then the reveal of Artifact weapons.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2023-09-29 at 06:04 PM.

Do we know that for a fact or is that just something we assume? Honestly Dragon Isles as the new player experience is fucking weird to me. New player experience to an entirely different game maybe. Ofc they can follow it up with more of the same.
    I'd need to find the interview but I'm like 99% certain it was confirmed a few months ago

I agree. To this day I'm sad that we didn't get Worgen Alpha models. Especially the female ones. I kinda wished they introduced updated models in 8.2 based on them. Still not too late to give us a taste in Cataclysm Classic if it happens. And then the Beta came... Regardless of all that, I remember being 12 when it came out and was super excited to open the christmas present that had the CD box.

Dragonflight as the new player experience is a bad idea. It's not a good way for people to get used to the Warcraft setting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Dragonflight as the new player experience is a bad idea. It's not a good way for people to get used to the Warcraft setting at all.
    It's really not. It's the most independent expansion. There's hardly any old characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    oh boo I thought it was a fun event people could join.

Edit: I take it back a never watch any of the mythic+ races and don't care for any of these guilds outside of race to world first. Even then world first is who has the most money now.
    Last edited by flan1337; 2023-09-29 at 06:17 PM.