Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    maybe DF will replace exile's reach?
    dragon isles is similar, and does everything better
    DF uses some of the Exile's Reach NPCs so it feels more like a natural progression from Exile's Reach vs BFA

maybe DF will replace exile's reach?
    dragon isles is similar, and does everything better
    No, Ion confirmed that "going forward" the plan is for DF to replace BfA as the default 10-60 leveling experience when new players (or anyone not using Chromie time) gets out of Exile's.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's really not. It's the most independent expansion. There's hardly any old characters.
    I agree but honestly BfA isn’t great either, specifically for the Horde.
    Nathanos, Sylvanas and Rastakhan aren’t exactly … relevant … “Horde” characters.
    Even the Alliance side is mostly just random Kul’tiran (Jaina is MIA in Thros for most of leveling) characters and Shandris…

Last edited by vintage79; 2023-09-29 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, Ion confirmed that "going forward" the plan is for DF to replace BfA as the default 10-60 leveling experience when new players (or anyone not using Chromie time) gets out of Exile's.
    That means dragonriding at lvl 10, will help new players since dragonriding is here to stay forever I suppose

I think it's up in the air how DF works for new players, but I think it works well as kind of a "tutorial island" before brand new players get thrown into a revamp/the true World of Warcraft. They would get introduced to race, class and faction lore there.

They will definitely be changing the cutscene you get after Exiles Reach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Figured I'd assemble some tweets from WoW devs. Got any more? Aramis
    Having gotten a tour of the kitchen preparing the AMAZING FEAST of stuff being planned for BlizzCon...

... all I can say is GET HYPE fam!
    Who is this person? Got a link to their twitter

- - - Updated - - -

Hey blizz whats this secret 3rd thingy for the guild class. Do you have next xpack dungeons???

Hold up it literally says this:

Event 3: New Content Showcase
    Watch this space for more information on a 3rd event showcase to wrap the show!

New content that isn't 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's really not. It's the most independent expansion. There's hardly any old characters.
    There are hardly any old characters in EK/Kalimdor, both the vanilla and cata versions. Going around and helping random people is probably the most vanilla-like leveling experience.

edit: also found the source, it was the interview Ion and Graham did for 10.1.5 with the community council see: https://www.wowhead.com/news/communi...ntation-334071
    Last edited by Selorian; 2023-09-29 at 06:28 PM.

I mean, sending players from Exiles Reach to the Dragon Isles makes more sense than sending them straight to Kul'tiras/Zandalar as well.

what a horror...
    i was hoping to see exile's reach disappear
    What's the issue with Exiles Reach lmao

everything.
    So nothing? Cool.

Well, at the end of exiles reach you fight with a dragon.

But you know what is missing later, after the scenario? Ogres. We need ogres.

Quote Originally Posted by Selorian View Post
    My issue with the big Cataclysm-like world revamp theory is the Dragon Isles were designed to be the new player leveling experience, replacing BFA. It strikes me as odd that they would then immediately revamp the old world to yet again create a new player leveling experience.
    Revamp a few zones for current content

Partial revamp is the dumbest thing they could do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exiles Reach is fine, but maybe it should evolve, NPCs chould change, depending on the current xpac. Right now we should have some elementalists, gnolls, djaradins and a real dragon at the end (or BFA ennemies, since new players go to BFA next)
    Last edited by Valysar; 2023-09-29 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selorian View Post
    There are hardly any old characters in EK/Kalimdor, both the vanilla and cata versions. Going around and helping random people is probably the most vanilla-like leveling experience.

edit: also found the source, it was the interview Ion and Graham did for 10.1.5 with the community council see: https://www.wowhead.com/news/communi...ntation-334071
    I also agree that the DF leveling experience being defaulted is a very strong piece of evidence against the likelihood of a revmap. I'd also argue that Exile's existence is a similar point of contention.

Especially since the prevailing narrative is that the reason we've been getting all sorts of asset updates since ~WoD is that they've been working on this hypothetical revamp in the background. If you knew you were going to revamp the old world, including presumably each starting zone, in ~2 expansions why would you build a (for the devs) much more involved and complicated unified starting zone that is going to be replaced? Including a whole bunch of brand new assets specifically for that zone.

Exile's + DF leveling + them bothering to update Darkshore and Arathi (why do this if you have an actual revamp in the works?) makes me believe that a revamp is not likely until probably 12.0 at the earliest.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, Ion also said that they had no plans for a new evoker spec, or that helf customization was not happening.
    Yet here we are.

They could very well pull a "weeeell, it certainly was intended at one point in time" and have the lvling experience be in ther revamp.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Exiles Reach is fine, but maybe it should evolve, NPCs chould change, depending on the current xpac. Right now we should have some elementalists, gnolls, djaradins and a real dragon at the end (or BFA ennemies, since new players go to BFA next)
    I think there was an interview where devs stated they wanted to look into making content more evergreen. I think adapting Exile's Reach to bridge into whatever the leveling content would be is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I mean, also said that they had no plans for a new evoker spec, or that helf customization was not happening.

They could very well pull a "weeeell, it certainly was intended at one point in time" and have the lvling experience be in ther revamp.
    Totally. Them saying anything along the lines of "Well we're looking to have the players level through some new zones!" would set off huge alarm bells for the revamp hopefuls like myself.

I mean, also said that they had no plans for a new evoker spec, or that helf customization was not happening.

That isn't what they said in either of those cases, though. And "We don't have plans for that at the moment" is very different from "we've built an entire new intricate starting area that is going to be made obsolete in two expansions".

I mean, Ion also said that they had no plans for a new evoker spec, or that helf customization was not happening.
    Yet here we are.

I'm pretty sure what Ion actually said was Evoker won't be getting a *tank* spec, but I might be misremembering.