1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Which more than likely leads to a climax here on Azeroth, not in the cosmos. None of the characters you mentioned have cosmic goals. Azshara just wants to rule Azeroth. Irodikron wants to remove the Titan influence from the world. Xal’atath has her own schemes, but I doubt it’s away from Azeroth.
    Removing Titan influence & Xal’atath’s schemes are both cosmic.
    K’aresh could be an Argus like zone on an otherwise Azeroth based xpac.

Yeah, no it’s not. You don’t start in K’aresh and end up in Khaz Algar. If you’re starting in K’aresh you’re staying in the void for the entire expansion, just like Shadowlands.
    Weird. We didn’t stay on The Wandering Isle in MoP. We didn’t stay in Kezan or Gilneas during Cata.
    We didn’t stay on Mardum or a shattered Fel planet in space during Legion.
    The list goes on and on.

Your speculation still doesn’t answer why there have been Ethereal hints since Legion, or why there were eco-dome (aka Ethereal) related things datamined recently.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-09-30 at 04:00 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    They're effectively the same. The Hour of Twilight prophecy says that the Old Gods will consume Azeroth. That's what Aman'Thul saw, and inspired him to allow the creation of the Dragon Aspects. But there's an alternate, perhaps more legit version from Draenor that says Void Lords will do it. So essentially, the Old Gods are tools on Azeroth to carry out the prophecy. But if they fail, the Void Lords will just find another way. They did fail in Cata, but there might now be one final Old God to succeed (Xal'atath).
    Yeah, you’re skipping a few steps. We don’t know what Xal’atath’s goals are, and we don’t even know if they’re an old god. Heck, we don’t even know what Iridikron’s ultimate goal is beyond the fact that he hates the titans. How we jump from that to us fighting Void Lords on K’aresh is beyond me, considering that neither Iridikron or Xal’atath have made any moves towards the world soul or come close to threatening it. Maybe it’s something that happens in 11.0, but as of now that’s a pretty goofy conclusion to make. It’s like you’re jumping from point A to point Y and missing several steps in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I’m expecting the Algarian Dwarves to be the cut Skardyn from Cataclysm that were supposed to be in Grim Batol.

It would make sense from what we know about them so far, especially if the rift the Earthen were sent to investigate turns out to be the remains of the 5th old god after all.
    It looks so much like these dwarves are either turning into Naga or dwarf-sized Sea Giants. The visual resemblance to Sea Giant features is.. interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I do see that in that sense, The Hour of Twilight being when the Void finally wrestles Azeroth away from the protections of the Titans, it seems like the plot of 11.0 will be about. (Just as long as its not elementals. We're all tired of elementals. Dragonflight has been all elements all the time.)

But I would say I would be very disappointed if Xal'atath & Azshara's goals are to deliver Azeroth to the void. That feels extremely reductive to their character & a complete backward direction for their story. Azshara was only working for N'zoth for pragmatic reasons & Xal'atath was just as sick & tired of working for the Old Gods as Azshara is.
    I'm not entirely sure yet where Azshara's and Xal'atath's goals align. The text says Azshara returns to rule, which fits her character I think. She wants power and adoration.

But that's seems incompatible with the Hour of Twilight, which is more or less about destroying Azeroth.

I guess a cool twist would be if they're both sort of rebelling against the Void Lords. Maybe they want to save Azeroth, but also rule it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you’re skipping a few steps. We don’t know what Xal’atath’s goals are, and we don’t even know if they’re an old god. Heck, we don’t even know what Iridikron’s ultimate goal is beyond the fact that he hates the titans. How we jump from that to us fighting Void Lords on K’aresh is beyond me, considering that neither Iridikron or Xal’atath have made any moves towards the world soul or come close to threatening it. Maybe it’s something that happens in 11.0, but as of now that’s a pretty goofy conclusion to make. It’s like you’re jumping from point A to point Y and missing several steps in between.
    We know she wants to carry out an awakening, but yeah it's still up for debate what her final goal it. The Hour of Twilight makes the most sense, but I wouldn't rule out something else.

We don't know what the Hour of Twilight is.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    We don't know what the Hour of Twilight is.
    We kind of do. According to the vision Aman'Thul saw, and Nozdormu, it's about the Old Gods consuming Azeroth. According to the pale orcs on Draenor, it's about the Void Lords consuming the universe. It should be noted that when we prevented it in Cataclysm, Nozdormu doubted it was the real one we had seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing Titan influence & Xal’atath’s schemes are both cosmic.
    K’aresh could be an Argus like zone on an otherwise Azeroth based xpac.
    Removing Titan influence from Azeroth is Azeroth, not cosmic. Cosmic is removing Titan influence throughout the cosmos. Iridikron (thus far) only cares about Azeroth.

As for Xal’atath, we don’t know what their schemes are. However, even the old gods schemes were restricted to Azeroth, where their goals were to take over the world (soul) and create the black empire. That’s it and that’s all.

Weird. We didn’t stay on The Wandering Isle in MoP. We didn’t stay in Kezan or Gilneas during Cata.
    Those are all on Azeroth dude.

We didn’t stay on Mardum or a shattered Fel planet in space during Legion.
    Are we talking about Demon Hunters here?

Your speculation still doesn’t answer why there have been Ethereal hints since Legion, or why there were eco-dome (aka Ethereal) related things datamined recently.
    There’s plenty of assets that are created and never used. It happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    It looks so much like these dwarves are either turning into Naga or dwarf-sized Sea Giants. The visual resemblance to Sea Giant features is.. interesting.
    That would be cool, but the idea here is that the Skardyn turned into the C'Thrax we see in Grim Batol. They have scales/fins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    I'm still impressed that if Khaz Algar is legit, then the true teasing for 11.0 happened waaaay back in the Uldum pre-patch. Pretty straightforward
    The time definitely differed. But the seeding/basic setup for a lot of recent expansions has happened either in a very straightforward and obvious way or has just been straight told to us in small details.

Unless they were scrapped or are 12.0 bait, I do think "Player Jin'yu" should be considered for the next expansion and how they would fit in Avaloren/Khaz Algar.

That would be cool, but the idea here is that the Skardyn turned into the C'Thrax we see in Grim Batol. They have scales/fins.
    I can see that too, yeah. Cool if that's what it's supposed to show.

Oh and another interesting fact...

In the Twilight Highlands, the Cataclysm zone arguably the most affected by the Old Gods, what themes did we have?

• Wildhammer Dwarves and Gryphon aviaries.
    • Dragonmaw Orcs.
    • Dragons (particularly Red and Black).
    • Twilight Cultists attempting to usher in the Void.
    • The Earthen Ring.
    • Elementals bound to the Void.
    • The Twilight Citadel, which is Cho'gall's chosen base of operations for the cult due to its proximity to the Old Gods below.
    • Fissures in the ground with Void-energies seeping out of them.
    • A great storm brewing on the horizon all around the zone.

I don't know about the rest of you, but to me this sounds like a description of 11.0.

As I've been theorizing for a long while, 11.0 will be a supercharged version of Cataclysm, just like Legion was to TBC and Shadowlands was to WotLK.

From Blizzard's point of view, that probably means they're looking at all the ingredients they had back then, and think to themselves: "Hmm, how can we do this, but twice as awesome?"
    theres even wildhammer stormtalons on griffons that fly around a goblin outpost in the northeast, makes a lot of sense (I realize you kinda said that already lol and also new avalon is on that side of the map)
    Last edited by Vairum; 2023-09-30 at 04:24 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    Removing Titan influence from Azeroth is Azeroth, not cosmic. Cosmic is removing Titan influence throughout the cosmos. Iridikron (thus far) only cares about Azeroth.
    Titans are cosmic.
    Azeroth’s world soul is cosmic (probably a first one) & all the cosmic forces are after it.

Are we talking about Demon Hunters here?
    Yes and the point stands. We started on Mardum, a shattered legion world.
    We didn’t “stay in space/on legion worlds” in Legion, we only went there in a patch.

There’s plenty of assets that are created and never used. It happens all the time.
    That doesn’t explain all the Ethereal stuff in Legion, BfA, and DF.
    The Ethereals are directly tied to the void storyline & pop up almost every time the void has a significant presence on both sides of the spectrum.
    Chen isn't a Monk
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Unless they were scrapped or are 12.0 bait, I do think "Player Jin'yu" should be considered for the next expansion and how they would fit in Avaloren/Khaz Algar.
    They might show up but not as playable race - Their model is not even close to being suited for playable model.

7+ Year Old Account
    C'thraxi don't have scales, they are humanoid anthropods with a bigass exoskeleton.

Skardyn are described to have coarse black scales and red eyes with paw-like claws, with reptilian teeth and double forked tongue.
    That reads as very draconic to me.

Formerly known as Arafal

That doesn’t explain all the Ethereal stuff in Legion, BfA, and DF.
    The Ethereals are directly tied to the void storyline & pop up almost every time the void has a significant presence on both sides of the spectrum.
    Not every asset created is intended to be used in some massive dedicated expansion in the future though. The Ethereal stuff was pretty much just HD versions of models from TBC, and were all used in that one corner of the Eredath map, after which it was used as set dressing for the ever present transmogrifiers. They don't have to be used more than that honestly.
    8.2 and 8.3 was filled with Naga and Void stuff that probably could be used in a future expansion, but most likely just as set dressing for when we meet those forces again. 9.2 was filled with assets that we are unlikely to see again for years, if we ever even see them at all.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    I expect it to be more akin to Nightborne/Suramar was to Night Elves/Blood Elves
    yeah that seems reasonable, as its kinda the same situation - groups of the same society/race divided and evolving separately for milenia

Khaz Algar being confirmed doesn’t instantly mean 11.0 is an elemental, or entirely underground. Nor does it mean it is or isn’t light vs void.
    This is what I don't get, I think a hollow earth type setting would work for underground but not underground at the same time. It would give the open space feel and with the improvement of moving sky box they had in DF to make everything feel more alive I think it would work
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Yeah, let's just ignore the mountains of evidence from the Dragonflight story that says the Void is coming next.

I'm not sure why I have to keep saying this over and over: Dragonflight and 11.0 are the sequels to Cataclysm. They contain the same themes as Cataclysm, and they have the same main enemy as Cataclysm. Cataclysm is a Void, Elemental and Dragon expansion all at once. So is Dragonflight. So is 11.0.
    Chinese prediction has been correct for close to a decade

11.0 elemental with old gods

Where are people getting playable Jinyu from?