Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    Something that was pointed out on Scrolls of Lore discord, I think assuming Avaloren is actually a mistake. And if that's the case, it very well could still be a world revamp, or just an expansion in the old world, or underground in the old world.

Khaz Algar is similar to Khaz Modan. Which is, Mountains of Khaz. Which is named that way in honor of the Titan, Khazgorath. If Avaloren is anti-titan, it seems unlikely to have a place named in honor of the titans.

In addition, Khaz Modan wasn't named until AFTER the Earthen woke up. Which was post Sundering. The curse of flesh didn't really change Earthen/Dwarves until the Dwarves woke up post WotA.

The timing involved for Avaloren doesn't really fit.
    You gave me hope, thank you

Where are people getting playable Jinyu from?
    Files from 10.0.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=397850...-player-tester

I miss comics like this; first Blizzard abandoned animated comics, then they abandoned comics. We didn't get a novel in this expansion. Blizzard will soon stop releasing bonus content altogether.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BJPAgk1vKY

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    I miss comics like this; first Blizzard abandoned animated comics, then they abandoned comics. We didn't get a novel in this expansion. Blizzard will soon stop releasing bonus content altogether.

Novel's coming out in October.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not every asset created is intended to be used in some massive dedicated expansion in the future though. The Ethereal stuff was pretty much just HD versions of models from TBC, and were all used in that one corner of the Eredath map, after which it was used as set dressing for the ever present transmogrifiers. They don't have to be used more than that honestly.
    8.2 and 8.3 was filled with Naga and Void stuff that probably could be used in a future expansion, but most likely just as set dressing for when we meet those forces again. 9.2 was filled with assets that we are unlikely to see again for years, if we ever even see them at all.
    In terms of assets, I’m talking about the “eco-dome hole” things that were datamined recently. (As in 10.1.7/10.2 timeframe)
    And to be fair Rafaam was also datamined a while ago in Alpha/Beta but he was probably cut DF content.

Though I wouldn’t be surprised if he showed up in an ethereal starting zone.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-09-30 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Unless they were scrapped or are 12.0 bait, I do think "Player Jin'yu" should be considered for the next expansion and how they would fit in Avaloren/Khaz Algar.
    The Jinyu Player Tester thing means nothing, really.

Plus, they don't need an uncategorized spell to test a race. That's not how that works in the slightest.

I mean, we didn't summon Azeroth in MoP, did we?
    Last edited by Makorus; 2023-09-30 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The Jinyu Player Tester thing means nothing, really.

Plus, they don't need an uncategorized spell to test a race. That's not how that works in the slightest.
    You realize that the other named player tester spells correlate to things that were in their corresponding patches? And it's the only named player tester thing with a DNT attached?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    You realize that the other named player tester spells correlate to things that were in their corresponding patches? And it's the only named player tester thing with a DNT attached?
    You realize that the other player tester things are not playable things either, and once again, they would not need to make a hidden buff/spell effect for a playable race.

The DNT thing doesn't matter either lmao because the ones without DNT weren't translated either

We didn't summon Azeroth in MoP, did we?
    Last edited by Makorus; 2023-09-30 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Titans are cosmic.
    Azeroth’s world soul is cosmic (probably a first one) & all the cosmic forces are after it.
    Removing titan influence from your world is not cosmic.

Yes and the point stands. We started on Mardum, a shattered legion world.
    We didn’t “stay in space/on legion worlds” in Legion, we only went there in a patch.
    You're talking about a hero class that started at level 98 and was introduced during a Burning legion invasion. You can't compare that to a neutral race that starts from level 1. Also you're still off because what you're arguing here is that we're going from K'aresh to Khaz Algar, which makes no sense. Further, if we were going to spend our time on K'aresh or in a Void world, why is the mount for the expansion from Khaz Algar?

That doesn’t explain all the Ethereal stuff in Legion, BfA, and DF.
    The Ethereals are directly tied to the void storyline & pop up almost every time the void has a significant presence on both sides of the spectrum.

Ethereals are definitely tied to a void storyline, but they're not tied to Thrall, the elements, underground, the Earthen, or Khaz Algar. All which are very clear clues we've gotten for the next expansion.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-09-30 at 05:09 PM.

I dunno, for me Jinyu as a race would be one of the most boring choices after dracthyr, but anything can happen, everyone has different favorites.

Still as of now their model is pretty much offer a lot less than even mechagnomes and this player tester might mean nothing or maybe some new race of these dwarfs will use jinyu model as a base.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I dunno, for me Jinyu as a race would be one of the most boring choices after dracthyr, but anything can happen, everyone has different favorites.

Still as of now their model is pretty much offer a lot less than even mechagnomes and this player tester might mean nothing or maybe some new race of these dwarfs will use jinyu model as a base.
    I mean, the Jinyu model already is just the Night Elf base.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible. It would certainly fit the idea of "far away" from a lore standpoint and "What's underneath Bael Modan" has been a thread since the very beginning. The fissure may just be a physical incarnation of the Rift of Aln. The only real thing that makes me doubt this is the Earthen were around in ancient Kalimdor and helped in the War of the Ancients.

But there weren't really any Khazs and such. The Earthen lived in Titan facilities like Uldamon.
    Worth mentioning, Uldaz has not been used and Tyr’s weapon in the megadungeon has text for it. Maybe we’re going there sooner, in a prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post

There's a novel coming, but I agree with this sentiment.

The animated series leading up to Dragonflight was imo of a much worse quality than usual, as well. Not to mention the omission of the features trailer when they announced Dragonflight.

I hope they step up their game for the next one.

Jinyu won't happen as there's no female model and Blizz can't do FFXIV and create a genderlocked race because even they had to backtrack on that and create new lore for the opposite sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Although I don't want to fight them yet, 11.0 could be an AMAZING time to introduce us to the Void Lords in game.
    It does make sense to reveal a Void Lord by the end of 11.0.

Legion showed us the ultimate "Burning Legion" leader with Sargeras.

Shadowlands did something similar, or tried to, with the Jailer. Not that he was very interesting, but that's another story.

11.0 should do the same with the Void Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Jinyu won't happen as there's no female model and Blizz can't do FFXIV and create a genderlocked race because even they had to backtrack on that and create new lore for the opposite sex.
    OK but Dracthyr.

OK but Dracthyr.
    But what? They clearly have a male and a female visage, you're grasping at straws if you think a 1 gendered race will be accepted by the playerbase just because you want them.

OK but Dracthyr.
    Your visage has body type 1 and 2 on dracthyr.

Like i said anything can happen - Now jinyu use NE as base but it's listed as Jinyu 2.0, could be a remake of this race coming? Yeah.

I just think it's a boring choice for a race that even after some kind of remake will be very limited in options, but still they might surprise me.

Edit: If they were actually making new main race(no allied race), then i would hope they would actually use the resources on something that was being requested for years like ogres, nagas or vrykuls and not fish people.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-09-30 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also won’t happen because that would mean the Horde gets tiny monkeys that fling poop at each other.

But what? They clearly have a male and a female visage, you're grasping at straws if you think a 1 gendered race will be accepted by the playerbase just because you want them.
    Your visage has body type 1 and 2 on dracthyr.
    Yet the actual race has one bodytype.

- - - Updated - - -

It also won’t happen because that would mean the Horde gets tiny monkeys that fling poop at each other.
    Jinyu for Alliance does not mean Hozen for the Horde.