Quote Originally Posted by quellious View Post
    It would make sense, with all the elemental references in the encrypted data.
    WHAT elemental references?

Quote Originally Posted by xin16 View Post
    I'm worried that if we get 11.0 being about Elements and Shamans that would kind of be the same themes of Dragonflight. We've spent the whole expansion fighting elementals or fire things apart from Dragons, would kind of be weird to do the same thing the expansion after that.
    Doesn't feel like it, we only really focused on the Primalist at the start of the expansion... After that once we got to the Forbidden Reach, most of the expansion was focused on the Sundered Flame and Sarkareth.. and the other half was focused on the Djaradin.. then we spent time fighting the Infinite Dragonflight... and now the full attention is on Fyrakk and the Druids of the Flame. Sure, Smolderon is there, but we know next to nothing about why he's actually there aside from Fyrakk trying to steal his molten energy to give him a power boost.

If Kurog didn't die in the first raid and became a recurring villain and gave more depth about the primalists through the whole expansion then I would agree that it was an elemental expansion. However, the fact that they were treated like a footnote compared to the other baddies we faced in the Dragon Isles gives the impression we're gonna see them again down the line.

I'm not tired of the elementals but I am getting sick and tired of the dragons, especially the Sundered Flame and Sarkareth who's whole character is 'a whiney-ass entitled chump.'

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Doesn't feel like it, we only really focused on the Primalist at the start of the expansion... After that once we got to the Forbidden Reach, most of the expansion was focused on the Sundered Flame and Sarkareth.. and the other half was focused on the Djaradin.. then we spent time fighting the Infinite Dragonflight... and now the full attention is on Fyrakk and the Druids of the Flame. Sure, Smolderon is there, but we know next to nothing about why he's actually there aside from Fyrakk trying to steal his molten energy to give him a power boost.

If Kurog didn't die in the first raid and became a recurring villain and gave more depth about the primalists through the whole expansion then I would agree that it was an elemental expansion. However, the fact that they were treated like a footnote compared to the other baddies we faced in the Dragon Isles gives the impression we're gonna see them again down the line.

I'm not tired of the elementals but I am getting sick and tired of the dragons, especially the Sundered Flame and Sarkareth who's whole character is 'a whiney-ass entitled chump.'
    Smolderon wants to use the Emerald Dream as fuel to expand the Firelands, he literally says so in the new raid.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think you are overstating the difficulties. The old versions of the zones are still likely to be available, so they wouldn't have to touch the ones in the TBC instances. They wouldn't have to move anything.
    All they would have to do is add new zones to EK and Kalimdor, which they did just fine in Cataclysm.
    The only reason they didn't was because at the time, you still had to pay for TBC, Wrath, and Cata separately. Which meant that they had to keep the TBC zones out of the Cata revamp. (In their defense, TBC was the 'first' expansion they've ever done so they didn't figure out which stuff was or wasn't accessible in an expansion.)

Nowadays they can do it anyway because all the old expansions including zones, races, and classes like Death Knights and Monks are bundled with the baseline game.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    WHAT elemental references?
    The elemental mount from Blizzcon as well as the "Stormrider" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Smolderon wants to use the Emerald Dream as fuel to expand the Firelands, he literally says so in the new raid.
    Then I hope they better give a good explanation about the Cult of Ragnaros plotline and why he went missing... I'll be really mad if the only brought Smolderon in just to prop up Fyrakk and abandoned the whole Cult of Ragnaros plotline (especially since it was main reason for the Dark Irons to be a playable race.)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    the report states that their behaviour, appearance and language are similar but physiologically different

basically, they look like dwarves but who have probably partly resisted to the curse of flesh, since the report speaks of "creatures".
    So this sounds more like these dwarves have arms or legs still iron and some bits have been effected with the curse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Alterac Valley battleground? The dwarves went there to examine Titan Ruins and intruded on the land the Frostwolves claimed. We never actually see the Titan Ruins though.
    Hmm, didn't realize it was an archaeological expedition, thought it was just a territory/resource dispute.

Although they could just be relics left over from Archaedas' parties flight down to the Badlands? There doesn't really seem to be a purpose for a facility to be there unless it's something we're unaware of (titanforged facilities are either 1) prisons, 2) testing grounds (Un'goro, Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Sholazar, one could also say Tyrhold as it seems similar in effect given the magic water) or 3) storage facilities (Uldaman, Archavon's Vault, etc.))
    I suppose it could be another vault left by Archaedas/Tyr/Ironaya?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

7+ Year Old Account
    It reads like they are (visually) the dwarven equivalent of Mechagon gnomes.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by quellious View Post
    The elemental mount from Blizzcon as well as the "Stormrider" stuff.
    The elemental mount is almost certainly just going to be a Blizzard mount to celebrate Blizzard specifically.
    Last mount from Blizzcon was the big Blizzard bear, and the logic behind that one was the same.

Even beyond that, we have had Blizzcon rewards like the Wendigo Pyjamas.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It reads like they are (visually) the dwarven equivalent of Mechagon gnomes.
    When you put it like that, I get a nasty feeling in my stomach they're gonna be like the WoW equivalent of the Dwemer from the Elder Scrolls.

Come to think of it, if Khaz Algar is in Avaloren, and Algarian are Diamond Dwarves, it would make perfect sense why Nightsquall is amassing an entire army of pirates to go there. Thats a booty that fights back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else noticing the formation of a pattern involving the Class sets on the Trading Post?
    September was Priest, Paladin, and Rogue. (Warcraft 2: Turalyon (Priest/Paladin), Rogues = pirates/sailors - bit of a stretch but it sorta fits)
    October is Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Druid. (Warcraft 3: Arthas, Illidan, Malfurion - for a month where the theme is supposed to be spooky, why have Druid instsead of Warlock, a literal dark magic class?)
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Anyone else noticing the formation of a pattern involving the Class sets on the Trading Post?
    September was Priest, Paladin, and Rogue. (Warcraft 2: Turalyon (Priest/Paladin), Rogues = pirates/sailors - bit of a stretch but it sorta fits)
    October is Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Druid. (Warcraft 3: Arthas, Illidan, Malfurion - for a month where the theme is supposed to be spooky, why have Druid instsead of Warlock, a literal dark magic class?)
    Alternatively they chose the set of three classes at random.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    I probably repeat myself but no expansion was ever about just one thing. Plus all expansions have this "woaaah" momentum with the theme or the location

We're going into a giant interdimensional portal to an outland planet, what will happen there?
    We're fighting against the lich king (okay, for me personally that was the least wooooah but I know I'm in the minority and everyone except me think it was a good xpac)
    The whole world is cracking up because a freaking giant dragon escaped from this cave, how will this play out and how can we stop him?
    A whole new continent hidden away full of foreign cultures and pandaren which many people knew from wc3, what will happen there?
    A giant orc army attacks from another timeline and different planet? Will we all die ?
    The burning legion invades azeroth to kill us all, plus a new continent where we've never been, will we all die?
    Horde burned teldrassil, alliance attacks lordaeron, who will win? How can we kill sylvanas? Plus two new/iconic continents We've never seen before
    A giant rift in the sky distorting reality and a portal into the realm of death? How is it in the realm of death? Can we please now kill sylvanas?
    The massive continent of the dragons, full of dragons and we ride dragons super fast. How do we dragon on those dragons?
    Elementals! You know, those elementals that are everywhere already. No matter where we were, there was at least one quest where we killed some elementals.

No way the expansion main theme will be "elementals"
    Never ever. I'm sorry @Teriz
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I probably repeat myself but no expansion was ever about just one thing. Plus all expansions have this "woaaah" momentum with the theme or the location

We're going into a giant interdimensional portal to an outland planet, what will happen there?
    We're fighting against the lich king (okay, for me personally that was the least wooooah but I know I'm in the minority and everyone except me think it was a good xpac)
    The whole world is cracking up because a freaking giant dragon escaped from this cave, how will this play out and how can we stop him?
    A whole new continent hidden away full of foreign cultures and pandaren which many people knew from wc3, what will happen there?
    A giant orc army attacks from another timeline and different planet? Will we all die ?
    The burning legion invades azeroth to kill us all, plus a new continent where we've never been, will we all die?
    Horde burned teldrassil, alliance attacks lordaeron, who will win? How can we kill sylvanas? Plus two new/iconic continents We've never seen before
    A giant rift in the sky distorting reality and a portal into the realm of death? How is it in the realm of death? Can we please now kill sylvanas?
    The massive continent of the dragons, full of dragons and we ride dragons super fast. How do we dragon on those dragons?
    Elementals! You know, those elementals that are everywhere already. No matter where we were, there was at least one quest where we killed some elementals.

No way the expansion main theme will be "elementals"
    Never ever. I'm sorry @Teriz
    you literally say yourself that df is "dragons, look at all these dragons, we are killing off and on in quests? Lets go to where they started"
    And the same with elementals is not possible?
    HUH?!

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Then I hope they better give a good explanation about the Cult of Ragnaros plotline and why he went missing... I'll be really mad if the only brought Smolderon in just to prop up Fyrakk and abandoned the whole Cult of Ragnaros plotline (especially since it was main reason for the Dark Irons to be a playable race.)
    Maybe it turns into "Firelords are just always dicks as being a dick comes with the station, might as well have the OG dick in charge since he knows we can dominate his ass in any plane.".

A sort of more grounded version of "There must always be a Firelord (Lich King)".

Alternatively it ties into the Shadowflame stuff and it turns out that's the reason they're dicks. Cue Ragnaros being resurrected as Lightlord and yellibg "Live, insects!".

Also reminder that dying in the Emerald Dream won't actually kill an elemental lord.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Maybe it turns into "Firelords are just always dicks as being a dick comes with the station, might as well have the OG dick in charge since he knows we can dominate his ass in any plane.".

A sort of more grounded version of "There must always be a Firelord (Lich King)".

Alternatively it ties into the Shadowflame stuff and it turns out that's the reason they're dicks. Cue Ragnaros being resurrected as Lightlord and yellibg "Live, insects!".

Also reminder that dying in the Emerald Dream won't actually kill an elemental lord.
    Tbf, it's implied that they merged the Firelands with parts of the Dream Temple, on top of Fyrakk seamingly eating his essence after we "kill" him. So it's basically the Archimonde situation again, where he is prolly dead until they bring him back.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

This will be a looong month.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Tbf, it's implied that they merged the Firelands with parts of the Dream Temple, on top of Fyrakk seamingly eating his essence after we "kill" him. So it's basically the Archimonde situation again, where he is prolly dead until they bring him back.
    Fair point, though keep in mind that elementals tend to be restorable after being eaten, as we resurrected Thunderaan after he got eaten by Ragnaros back in vanilla.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.