Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    I do think we need to return to the old world. We need to spend time on the foundations of the setting, updating the world.

That is coming. IT absolutely is coming. We know it's coming because Blizzard is very deliberately setting the world up to be a reflection of the end of WC3-TFT.

Stormwind is missing it's king, and a trusted Paladin advisor is in control.
    Night Elves are dealing with the loss of their old home and moving to a new world tree.
    Forsaken are settling in and trying to find themselves in a world that distrusts them after breaking free from a leader bent on destroying the world.
    The Orcs are back to looking towards the past and honoring the old ways.
    Even the Dwarves are, in some form, staring down the barrel of crisis of the throne, as a new and untested leader who is Dark Iron by blood readies to take the throne.

Nearly beat for beat, the world is being placed back into the position where a "And here's where the story stands now" expansion is mandatory.
    And how do those plot beats matter if they are never followed up on? If we are constantly getting Shadowlands and Dragonflights then there is no reason to believe we are getting any expansion that tackles these themes at once. At best, we get more islands that inch by inch advance these plots, but never capitalize on them.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Not a single leak post has been right
    Shut up and go fill your face on stream more lol. You don't know anything

Stormwind is missing it's king, and a trusted Paladin advisor is in control
    I was drinking some coke and spit it all over my desk LOL. You are one heck of a comedian my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    And how do those plot beats matter if they are never followed up on?
    I mean, at this point Ion has actively said they are going to do a world revamp. It doesn't mean it's next expansion, but it does mean it's coming.

I mean, at this point Ion has actively said they are going to do a world revamp. It doesn't mean it's next expansion, but it does mean it's coming.
    I'm just losing interest if it takes this long. 6 years for Amirdrassil (and we don't even know if a city will come with it, to start) was already insane.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    I was drinking some coke and spit it all over my desk LOL. You are one heck of a comedian my friend
    I mean, I know this rustles some jimmies, but.. Turalyon is definitely trusted. Not only trusted, but has led he Alliance in the longest period of peace it's ever had.

I know people have a "Light evil so he's gonna go crazy" thing with him, but honestly that's not really supported outside of some pretty big reaches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I like this discussion. So, what types of "biomes" would everyone like to see in 11.0 (can be related to a theme/fanfiction "hope").
    1 underground zone, but not all. 2 max. crystal cave area in zone. titan tech. azerite waterfalls.

3-4 above ground zones. fall forrest zone. IE Quel'thalas

Snowy mountain zone

No dessert zones this time imo.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    His exact wording was “likely to happen in the future” and “open to it at some point.” Lol. Not “definitely” or “it’s coming.”

But the whole idea of the expansion being short? As long as it ultimately gives us more content faster, that's only a good thing. And even if we have to have a end patch where we get to do all the expansions raids over again as a cycle, thats... honestly fine?

Like, one of the major complaints since ever was raids were one and done and loss relevance. Getting to go back, do multiple raids week after week instead of the same one months on end. I admit having a 4th raid could be fun, but we've had larger raids overall recently as well. No more three boss raids, or six boss raids.

3 raids but a content speed we used to have? That's brutal. But that isn't the case.
    That's the rub, isn't it? If we're still looking at November for 11.0, did the cadence actually improve if we're still back to year long content droughts? Did anything really improve if we're right back to the same old and being told that things will change for real next time?

I think that they're in for a world of hurt if they believe Fated patches to be some sort of miracle cure for the end of expansion content drought; if they think it's a replacement for a x.3, they're out of their minds. M+ has the Fated gimmick as part of the core gameplay now, and Dreamsurges might as well be Fated world content. The only novelty remaining is with raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I'm just losing interest if it takes this long. 6 years for Amirdrassil (and we don't even know if a city will come with it, to start) was already insane.
    100%. They needlessly milked the hell out of Amirdrassil. No idea what they were thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    That's the rub, isn't it? If we're still looking at November for 11.0, did the cadence actually improve if we're still back to year long content droughts? Did anything really improve if we're right back to the same old and being told that things will change for real next time?

I think that they're in for a world of hurt if they believe Fated patches to be some sort of miracle cure for the end of expansion content drought; if they think it's a replacement for a x.3, they're out of their minds. M+ has the Fated gimmick as part of the core gameplay now, and Dreamsurges might as well be Fated world content. The only novelty remaining is with raids.
    I think 10.2.5 will be bigger than people think, beyond the fated raids, but I am curious about the next release. I think it will be earlier if SL/DF is the new normal.

- - - Updated - - -

100%. They needlessly milked the hell out of Amirdrassil. No idea what they were thinking.
    How do we milk engagement out of a seemingly insane and super passionate part of the fanbase who will advertise the game on social media by bitching about literally anything?

Hardcore nelf fans are the lolcows of the WoW fanbase. They did the smart thing to drag it out, it just really sucks that it takes this much time and money to update the WORLD of Warcraft.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-10-03 at 02:48 AM.

Not a single leak post has been right
    If only Wrath of the Bolvar had been right...

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I can't open it. can you send SS pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I can't open it. can you send SS pls?
    It's a fake website from last year they (the twitter account, not Catastrophy) made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its almost like we have to change the way we get around
    Worm mounts confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    Worm mounts confirmed

A bear can dream.

10+ Year Old Account

I hope Metzen goes on stage this year and say line by line what he did for Cata announcement. Then BOOM... #teamworldrevamp

Edit: I just purchased a 2009 blizzcon t-shirt from ebay. Going to rep that in 30 days.
    Last edited by flan1337; 2023-10-03 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the underground expansion is back on the menu again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    -snip-

I hope Metzen goes on stage this year and say line by line what he did for Cata announcement. Then BOOM... #teamworldrevamp
    those comments are hilarious complaining about twilight and justin bieber ... simpler times

Can't fly in the area normally because all that storm so we gotta sail our ships