3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Here are the top 10 zones I hope Blizzard do not draw inspiration from for 11.0:

1. The Maw
    2. Korthia
    3. Maldraxxus
    4. Revendreth
    5. Zereth Mortis
    6. The Broken Shore
    7. Antoran Wastes
    8. Krokuun
    9. Dread Wastes
    10. Nazmir
    How is Nazmir bad? It has Bwonsamdi!
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage79 View Post
    is this ai or what?

squared images are 99% AI

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Issue there is that the first thing that would come up is why Retail couldn't have the same content.
    The devs have stated they want Cata content to still be available in the case of a new revamp, so maybe they could also add Classic content, but still.

More importantly though. Why would a Classic+ expansion be any better than a retail one? Why couldn't it be the case that Retail gets an expansion or patch based on the Scarlet Crusade, and Classic gets the one where you go inside Uldum and learn about the cosmic powers.
    You don't understand. it would be Classic+. Yes, it would be develped by the same people that develop retail; and yes the story would be written by the same people that write the story for retail, but but but... it would be CLASSIC+!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic+ seriously ? Is Classic gonna be the new iPhone by Blizzard with a new version every year ?

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    You don't understand. it would be Classic+. Yes, it would be develped by the same people that develop retail; and yes the story would be written by the same people that write the story for retail, but but but... it would be CLASSIC+!!!!!
    Obviously it's because Classic players are so adamant of what exactly they want and when compared to Retail.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Classic+ seriously ? Is Classic gonna be the new iPhone by Blizzard with a new version every year ?
    Nah, that's D4

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    It works with Oldschool Runescape so i don't see why it wouldn't work for Classic

Obviously it's because Classic players are so adamant of what exactly they want and when compared to Retail.
    and considering they want ogres and high elves as new playable races I can see how well it would go with retail players not getting them, especially ogres.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerplz View Post
    It works with Oldschool Runescape so i don't see why it wouldn't work for Classic
    Lmao sure, splitting the playerbase is what killed both Runescapes.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

OSRS and Runescape 3 are two fundamentally different games.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    OSRS and Runescape 3 are two fundamentally different games.
    Classic and Retail are also fundamentally different games . Where classic is all about the journey from start to finish , retail is "play the patch" in this huge world where you actually just visit the actual zone that the recent patch made relevant and you do the content there.
    Don't get me wrong i play both but there is a certain type of magic that classic has that retail has just gone too far into a direction , where it can't recreate anymore.

classic+ would slowly cannibalize retail like it happened with osrs and rs3

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    worst case scenario they would both die, and anyway I keep wondering what difference would it make if the content added to classic+ is made by the same people that make the content for retail

Classic and Retail are also fundamentally different games . Where classic is all about the journey from start to finish , retail is "play the patch" in this huge world where you actually just visit the actual zone that the recent patch made relevant and you do the content there.
    Don't get me wrong i play both but there is a certain type of magic that classic has that retail has just gone too far into a direction , where it can't recreate anymore.
    Lmao, "about the journey". I guess that's why there was such a problem with raid logging.

Tell me, if it's about the journey, what do you need + for? You are literally asking for patches to play while whining about how having patches to play ruined the magic. What do you think is gonna happen when you add Emerald Dream to classic? That people are going to ignore it and go hang out in Loch Modan and Thousand Needles?

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    The issue is that they are so different that you cannot expect players to just jump over to continue playing. So Classic+ wouldn't replace Retail, it would just kill it off, leaving only the Classic playerbase.
    Blizzard isn't so dumb that they would do that.

Do you guys think that blizzard should keep armor restrictions or not?

Like keeping armor types for gearing(cloth, leather, mail, plate) but unlocking them for transmog.

I think at this point with trading post having more cosmetic and thematical armor sets, it's time to pull the plug and allow players to go crazy with their transmogs, it would unlock potentially thousands of set combos.

Also allowing by that the farming of old transmog sets on any class, no matter if its plate or cloth.

worst case scenario they would both die, and anyway I keep wondering what difference would it make if the content added to classic+ is made by the same people that make the content for retail
    classic+ can't be as bad as post legion retail because:
    1) the devs now know they made some mistakes they can't take back with retail but they can avoid with classic+
    2) metzen is now supervising the game. fidelity in a potential classic+ should be higher

classic+ has a higher potential (in terms of players) than retail, but the latter currently has more players and stable playerbase who would hate to lose years of progress and would probably quit. It's a pretty tough choice for blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post

Like keeping armor types for gearing(cloth, leather, mail, plate) but unlocking them for transmog.

I think at this point with trading post having more cosmetic and thematical armor sets, it's time to pull the plug and allow players to go crazy with their transmogs, it would unlock potentially thousands of set combos.

Also allowing by that the farming of old transmog sets on any class, no matter if its plate or cloth.
    yes, they should keep armor restrictions but they should also add more cosmetics accessible to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post

If you allow anyone to wear whatever, you might as well remove the categories altogether. Plate is objectively better because it has armor on it, so you'd have to generic all the types to the same armor level and at that point what is even the value in having different types if anyone can put on whatever and they're all the same mechanically.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The issue is that they are so different that you cannot expect players to just jump over to continue playing. So Classic+ wouldn't replace Retail, it would just kill it off, leaving only the Classic playerbase.
    Blizzard isn't so dumb that they would do that.
    Assuming Classic+ is some new content for Classic Era that require at least to level 1-60 in old world before, in reality no one from retail would care and classic audience would tell it's shit, cause made by 2023 Blizzard, and 2023 Blizzard = bad. "Cannibalize retail" xDD

The fanbase for full cosmic adventures in space for Retail is pretty small, so I doubt the argument that Classic+ and Retail have significantly different tastes for expansions is true either.

As I said before. I assume there are people in Classic that would be down with an expansion to the backside of Azeroth, just like how there are probably loads of players in Retail who want nothing more than a World Revamp with Scarlet Crusade and a raid in Stratholme.

The argument still stands. Why should any expansion only work in Classic+, and not in Retail? Even if it's only a patch, I imagine Retail players would love the Scarlet Northern "expansion" some players want for Classic+.