Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    No real reason they can't be the same honestly. The Dwarves of Khaz'algar named the island they live on Avaloren.
    Wouldn't it be weird for the keepers to take up the name the heretics gave the place?

But yeah, i suppose you are right, there is of course the possibility. I just reread the books, and there is indeed nothing that would outright prevent Khaz'Algar to be Avaloren (or a place on Avaloren), sorry!

What if the fissure in Khaz Algar is the entrance to Avaloren?
    I think the "fissure" would be the place where Aman'thul removed Elun'Ahir, but it's remaining roots changed the earthen there similar to the Old Gods' Curse of Flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There is a portal from Un'goro to Sholazar. Maybe there is one from Uldorus to Avaloren.
    A possibility, I suppose. Although portals seem less likely than digging underneath the oceans imo.

It doesn't feel like the word "world" entails much more than Ancient Kalimdor for the Keepers, for some reason. You'd think other landmasses were mentioned frequently in books and such if they were part of that whole package.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Wouldn't it be weird for the keepers to take up the name the heretics gave the place?

But yeah, i suppose you are right, there is of course the possibility. I just reread the books, and there is indeed nothing that would outright prevent Khaz'Algar to be Avaloren (or a place on Avaloren), sorry!

I think the "fissure" would be the place where Aman'thul removed Elun'Ahir, but it's remaining roots changed the earthen there similar to the Old Gods' Curse of Flesh.
    As far as we know Avaloren is the Keeper's name for it & the people who live there call it something else.

I think we're supposed to infer that Elun'ahir was the source of the world trees we don't have a direct explanation why they exist. Like Shaladrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post

I was thinking that could be the case. Of course there's nothing factual about it but we know there's a fissure and we know Elun'Ahir was torn out. Assuming the books are accurate (none of this point of view stuff from chronicles - which coincidentally is why I no longer buy their lore books - I want actual accurate lore for a player and not "here's what happened - honest, you can trust me" lore for a player character)

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I never said it was.

As flawed as their visions are, they are still usable and can be planned around.
    Sorry, little out of the loop on that regard, we meet n'zoth during DF and he recognizes us. it was theorized N'zoth could have pinpointed the right "future" giving him a substantial advantage, did anything come from that?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I would have done a Nyalotha/Black Empire expansion . . .quite like they did 8.3. I'd have picked 5-6 zones which could be tied to the Black Empire plot, fully updated them visually and have new questlines placed there with Visions being the main mechanic of the expansion. So stretch 8.3 into a full expac.
    Ew, 8.3 was freaking terrible son.

I quit halfway in the patch, wouldnt stand more of that.

5+ Year Old Account
    We are in a rabbit year so we are a bit off. 2030
    Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster and then Dog. I think we got Dog first? (Shu-zen) He is a good boy, but not a corgi.
    Monkey and Rooster year mounts will be wild.
    Ride a giant cock.
    I dare you Blizzard, I double dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    I didn't think of Nimue just.. being so blatant when I made my wall. That's a good point.
    Odyn. Thorim. Freia. Tyr. Loken.

They sometimes don't even bother changing the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Ride a giant cock.
    Instead of elemental mount, they should have blizzcon cock mount.

5+ Year Old Account
    No real reason they can't be the same honestly. The Dwarves of Khaz'algar named the island they live on Avaloren.
    Avaloren is the island, Khaz'algar is the settlement. Problem solved.

Ride a giant cock.
    We already have a giant cock in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

No reason to believe they are, either. And they named it Khaz Algar, not Khaz'algar.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Avaloren is the island, Khaz'algar is the settlement. Problem solved.
    I hope this dwarf stuff is very limited we get eventually and will end up being a zone and thats it.

I just dont care for dwarves lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Sorry, little out of the loop on that regard, we meet n'zoth during DF and he recognizes us. it was theorized N'zoth could have pinpointed the right "future" giving him a substantial advantage, did anything come from that?
    Well, if Elisande can do it, I suppose Nzoth could too. Also, why isnt Elisande on the blizzcon hype train yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Because having invincible gods is such good writing.
    Lets not bring catholicism into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Lets not bring catholicism into this.
    NO please no! I went to a catholic elementary school and I still have nightmares about nuns

I mean, Khaz Algar can't really be on Avaloren, as they couldn't reach Avaloren, but they have intelligence reports on the Khaz Algar dwarves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If an ant had a degree of consciousness at any level comparable to human, it'd view any human as a potential destructive natural event as an earthquake at best. At the worst, an extinction level event.
    Man, you can keep waxing philosophical as much as you want, having the Titans be untouchable because "nuh uh, they are invincible because they are big!" when realistically, we know nothing about their power is stupid and even worse writing than whatever Legion gave us. The precendence has been set in Legion.

As a long time lurker who has only recently refound his login information. I want to thank the Dragon guy in this threat for being so positive <3. Also Marlamin is a voice of reason. I love reading speculation but some people can be a bit dramatic.

As an actual contribution to this thread: I am a bit torn on the current leaks. I think it's obvious we go to the other side of Azeroth and we will need stormriding to get there or navigate there. All the clues from the books and pre-order seem to add up.

My personal wishlist was revamp, bards & housing. It seems unlikely one of these 3 will make it in the next expansion since blizzard loves to couple new features directly to the expansion theme (which is not always a good move).

Despite that I'm excited to see what comes next.

I wonder if this week blizzard will tease another thing for wow from the blizzcon bundle.

Last week they showed first look at blizzcon and teased the elemental mount.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We already have a giant cock in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Nathanos? He died didn't he?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3vyan View Post
    As a long time lurker who has only recently refound his login information. I want to thank the Dragon guy in this threat for being so positive <3. Also Marlamin is a voice of reason. I love reading speculation but some people can be a bit dramatic.

As an actual contribution to this thread: I am a bit torn on the current leaks. I think it's obvious we go to the other side of Azeroth and we will need stormriding to get there or navigate there. All the clues from the books and pre-order seem to add up.

My personal wishlist was revamp, bards & housing. It seems unlikely one of these 3 will make it in the next expansion since blizzard loves to couple new features directly to the expansion theme (which is not always a good move).

Despite that I'm excited to see what comes next.
    Welcome to the team, lurker I would have loved your wishlist to be true. But yes, that does not seem to be the direction we are heading towards. Which is a shame cause this anniversary would be a great time for a revamp. Besides the assets are ready.
    Besides FFXIV will have a graphics update next expansion. And every action needs a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I wonder if this week blizzard will tease another thing for wow from the blizzcon bundle.

The last Blizzcon Virtual Ticket/Blizzconline Bundle was revealed on the 1st of February and Blizzconline was on the 19th, so based on patterns, we should get it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post

So i might be high on hopium, but maybe this "eventuful day" might be something to do with WoW ? Either that or am reading too much into it and they guys are just gonna have some fun lmao

https://imgur.com/XLj3xpF