1. #25061
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That toggle won't be ready by 10.2 when this mount is available.
    You don't know that. Making an ability usable in a zone it it currently isn't, is something a hotfix can do.

    Besides that the argument that a regular mount is more appealing than a dragonriding mount is just ridiculous, Dragonriding everywhere was ready to go in 10.1.5 but to everyone's surprise, they didn't implement it. It definitely seems like Blizzards style to release it as a pre-order bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Did i miss anything of note the from last 20 pages or so?
    no.

  2. #25062
    The Lightbringer Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That toggle won't be ready by 10.2 when this mount is available.

    Yes, but not by 10.2 which again, is when this mount is going to be available.
    You don’t know that.
    It very well could be ready to ship in 10.2 with preorder since it’ll have been in the files for two patches by 10.2 (and chances are they’ve been working on it even before that)

    Mechanically there’s no reason why dragonriding couldn’t work in the rest of the world because Dracthyr can already do it.
    AND the races in EK & Kalimdor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

  3. #25063
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    There's a difference between "caring about lore and stories" and complaining because you kill big things.
    A planet-sized being is a bit big for your puny weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    What's next? You are gonna complain that it's stupid that Grom and his people drunk the demon blood because they could have just gotten a Troll Headhunter to pierce his skull with a spear?
    WoD says no demon blood drinking. .o..wait they reversed that so...or did they? I guess "anything goes" is okay as long as you get to kill things. Oh..I mean "big" things.

  4. #25064
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,704
    Oh man, how cool would it be if they managed to hide the fact that Dynamic Flight is actually coming in 10.2., and they left it as a surprise for patch release. Sadly, it would contradict that the new Mythic only mount is "the first non-dragon Dragonriding mount we can get" prior to the official dynamic flight switch.

  5. #25065
    I am Murloc! Grazrug's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,132
    What cinematics stills? Someone post pictures please.

  6. #25066
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I think its just you and one other person in this thread that hopes they ever show up.
    In all fairness, the current trend for the past 9yrs or so has been completely trashing any sense of mystery surrounding the cosmology. So I wouldn't be surprised if "First Ones" make an appearance.

  7. #25067
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    What cinematics stills? Someone post pictures please.
    It's in one of the many voidstorm threads lol.

  8. #25068
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A planet-sized being is a bit big for your puny weapon. WoD says no demon blood drinking. .o..wait they reversed that so...or did they? I guess "anything goes" is okay as long as you get to kill things. Oh..I mean "big" things.
    "This thing would be too big for your weapon!" people when I sever the main artery in their leg.

    Also: Cenarius was normal-sized, relatively. Why would Grom go through the trouble of drinking demon blood when he could just hit him with a spear or decapitate him.

  9. #25069
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    What cinematics stills? Someone post pictures please.
    It's in the 2 'Voidstorm' threads.

    It's more fake than Stormbreak was.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  10. #25070
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Well of course it is. If they've repurposed or expanded upon titan materials to outfit new weaponry which is more advanced than say a steel sword, then that would be a technological advancement.
    Yes on this part we agree. What I disagreed was the part where cutting-edge technology would be used only for warfare and nothing else. Like, imagine reverse engineering new forging methods or hydraulics and not using them in other areas. Imagine having functional railguns but not railroads. laser turrets but not laser cutters or laser surgery.

  11. #25071
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The mount will not necessarily be available in 10.2. We don't know when the Preorder is gonna be released.
    If we're going on precedence, it's going to be either available right after announcement, or shortly after the announcement.

  12. #25072
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yes on this part we agree. What I disagreed was the part where cutting-edge technology would be used only for warfare and nothing else. Like, imagine reverse engineering new forging methods or hydraulics and not using them in other areas. Imagine having functional railguns but not railroads. laser turrets but not laser cutters or laser surgery.
    Widen the scope and mix it up.
    I'm my revision of lore...and the expansions, the Draenei would have advanced "techno-mysticism" and Ethereals would have "techno-magic" and Astral ships/bikes that traverse those golden and purple filaments of light that shine above (ley lines).

  13. #25073
    You guys talking about Voidstorm, when 11.0 wil of course be called Wrath of the Thrall smh my head

  14. #25074
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    What cinematics stills? Someone post pictures please.
    I think given AI, the only cinematics that can be legitimately trusted are ones that feature an identifiable character like Thrall or someone. The main weakness right now is depicting a specific character. At least as far as I know, but this shit changes so fast maybe thats wrong at this point.

  15. #25075
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yes on this part we agree. What I disagreed was the part where cutting-edge technology would be used only for warfare and nothing else. Like, imagine reverse engineering new forging methods or hydraulics and not using them in other areas. Imagine having functional railguns but not railroads. laser turrets but not laser cutters or laser surgery.
    I’d like this used in a different sort of expansion in the future where technology is a major theme with tinkers as a spec. Probably when we visit Undermine in a future expansion or even better, a new sky landmass that’s focused around steampunk similar to Columbia from Bioshock Infinite.

  16. #25076
    I am Murloc! Grazrug's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,132
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think given AI, the only cinematics that can be legitimately trusted are ones that feature an identifiable character like Thrall or someone. The main weakness right now is depicting a specific character. At least as far as I know, but this shit changes so fast maybe thats wrong at this point.
    People should just wait for Blizzcon. Blizzard would never allow anything to be leaked.

  17. #25077
    Scarab Lord MCMLXXXII's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Delta swamp of the west
    Posts
    4,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    People should just wait for Blizzcon. Blizzard would never allow anything to be leaked.
    Haha, oh really?

  18. #25078
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    People should just wait for Blizzcon. Blizzard would never allow anything to be leaked.
    You weren't here during any of the other expansion leaks, right?^^

    - - - Updated - - -

    Btw, if any leak would be real they would be on the frontpage of mmo champion and wowhead.

  19. #25079
    The Lightbringer Izalla's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You don't know that. Making an ability usable in a zone it it currently isn't, is something a hotfix can do.

    Besides that the argument that a regular mount is more appealing than a dragonriding mount is just ridiculous, Dragonriding everywhere was ready to go in 10.1.5 but to everyone's surprise, they didn't implement it. It definitely seems like Blizzards style to release it as a pre-order bonus.
    no.
    Old flying feels awful compared to dragon riding and I can't wait to never have to "static fly" ever again. Giving me a mount that can't use the better flying (dynamic/dragonriding) is useless and a waste of the mount model.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  20. #25080
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Widen the scope and mix it up.
    I'm my revision of lore...and the expansions, the Draenei would have advanced "techno-mysticism" and Ethereals would have "techno-magic" and Astral ships/bikes that traverse those golden and purple filaments of light that shine above (ley lines).
    I would gladly take this in Azuremyst perhaps. Fucking Exodar is still a crash site since 2007.

    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I’d like this used in a different sort of expansion in the future where technology is a major theme with tinkers as a spec. Probably when we visit Undermine in a future expansion or even better, a new sky landmass that’s focused around steampunk similar to Columbia from Bioshock Infinite.
    I'd sooner ask for Bards or a better spear class than Tinker, but at this point I would happily take tinkers just to reduce the ammount of threads and comments asking for Tinkers.
    If I had my way every race would have an iconic class just for them. Granted that would probably restrict Monks to pandaren and Demon Hunters for Draenei, but we could go wild with all the other races.
    Also Naga Myrmidon. Please.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •