1. #25441
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, because those achievements are going to be available in 10.2, and we're going to get Gryphon dragonriding in 10.2, and we're going to be getting Dwarven storm riding gear in the trading post in 10.2. More than likely, none of that has anything to do with 11.0. The only thing likely tied to 11.0 is the Algarian Stormrider, which might have nothing to do with the Dwarf stuff coming in 10.2.
    Almost as if it’s all for the preorder bonus for 11.0 that’s coming in/around 10.2

    (Excluding the trading post items, but they could still be released/themed around the preorder/announcement)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  2. #25442
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Are we getting gryphon dragonriding in 10.2? I know some animations and stuff were found previously but far as I know that hasn't been actually available or confirmed. Unless I missed it since this thread goes a mile a minute at this point.
    There's a mount that drops from a raid boss in 10.2 that has dragonriding animations and is a fire owl.

  3. #25443
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Are we getting gryphon dragonriding in 10.2? I know some animations and stuff were found previously but far as I know that hasn't been actually available or confirmed. Unless I missed it since this thread goes a mile a minute at this point.
    Yeah, gryphons have dragonriding animations in 10.2.
    And the preorder mount for 11.0 is probably a customizable “dragonriding” gryphon based on the datamining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  4. #25444
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Almost as if it’s all for the preorder bonus for 11.0 that’s coming in/around 10.2

    (Excluding the trading post items, but they could still be released/themed around the preorder/announcement)
    It could be, but that's not very likely. More than likely, it's to recognize dragonriding getting expanded to Gryphons in 10.2 which more than likely has nothing to do with 11.0. That said, I will say that the Algarian Stormrider's name is an interesting tie-in, and because of that I can't say that it is 100% one way or another.

  5. #25445
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, because those achievements are going to be available in 10.2, and we're going to get Gryphon dragonriding in 10.2, and we're going to be getting Dwarven storm riding gear in the trading post in 10.2. More than likely, none of that has anything to do with 11.0. The only thing likely tied to 11.0 is the Algarian Stormrider, which might have nothing to do with the Dwarf stuff coming in 10.2.
    Please provide any factual evidence for the above. I'll wait. Because your headcanon is not factual evidence.

  6. #25446
    The Lightbringer Izalla's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,534
    Guys Marlamin has already posted about how likely the mount and pet and achievements are to be related to the pre-order, and he has way more experience and knowledge in this area than Teriz, who will never admit someone understands better than he does about anything apparently. No need to argue about this AGAIN when we know he won't budge and the actual dataminer has already given an opinion.

    Do we have any clues to what happens with Odyn besides that the stormdrakes follow Vyranoth back to the Isles? Any indication as to what Odyn is doing after the confrontation?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  7. #25447
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Guys Marlamin has already posted about how likely the mount and pet and achievements are to be related to the pre-order, and he has way more experience and knowledge in this area than Teriz, who will never admit someone understands better than he does about anything apparently. No need to argue about this AGAIN when we know he won't budge and the actual dataminer has already given an opinion.

    Do we have any clues to what happens with Odyn besides that the stormdrakes follow Vyranoth back to the Isles? Any indication as to what Odyn is doing after the confrontation?
    He's likely going to make us prove our worth for 18th time. Other than that, dunno if Ilgynoth's quote continues to be relevant: "The lord of ravens will turn the key."

  8. #25448
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Guys Marlamin has already posted about how likely the mount and pet and achievements are to be related to the pre-order, and he has way more experience and knowledge in this area than Teriz, who will never admit someone understands better than he does about anything apparently. No need to argue about this AGAIN when we know he won't budge and the actual dataminer has already given an opinion.

    Do we have any clues to what happens with Odyn besides that the stormdrakes follow Vyranoth back to the Isles? Any indication as to what Odyn is doing after the confrontation?
    Probably/hopefully busy polishing his loot table and practicing his on pull one liners.

  9. #25449
    Was the mr gm thing a ruse? Did anything come out of that that wasn't related to rumble? We need some new leaks Teriz is making this thread less enjoyable

  10. #25450
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Guys Marlamin has already posted about how likely the mount and pet and achievements are to be related to the pre-order, and he has way more experience and knowledge in this area than Teriz, who will never admit someone understands better than he does about anything apparently. No need to argue about this AGAIN when we know he won't budge and the actual dataminer has already given an opinion.

    Do we have any clues to what happens with Odyn besides that the stormdrakes follow Vyranoth back to the Isles? Any indication as to what Odyn is doing after the confrontation?
    You are right, I sadly fell for the obvious Teriz/Troll bait.



    I really hope we finally get some closure on the Helya/Odyn storyline. Besides Helya showing up in Shadowlands for absolutely 0 use we haven't heard much.

  11. #25451
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    There have been Water Dwarves as long as Warcraft has existed. They're called Murlocs.
    arent frostborn kinda water dwarves?

  12. #25452
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    There have been Water Dwarves as long as Warcraft has existed. They're called Murlocs.
    Murocs are fish mutated by titans influence. Same as Ankoan or Jinyu.

  13. #25453
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    Huge hammer to bash heads of people who constantly bring up idea of their own "place" bcs they find the idea arousing?
    Okay, that was clever. Have a like, ser.
    Also a bit of soft S&M would benefit the game as well.

  14. #25454
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    arent frostborn kinda water dwarves?
    They are frost dwarves. Closest to water dwarves is beerdrinking dwarves from Octoberfest.

  15. #25455
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,269
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Please provide any factual evidence for the above. I'll wait. Because your headcanon is not factual evidence.
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...y%20Fire%20Owl!

    Coming in 10.2. Which means that Gryphon dragonriding-enabled mounts are also coming in 10.2, and those Dwarven trading post items will be available in 10.2.

  16. #25456
    Mechagnome Myrrh's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...y%20Fire%20Owl!

    Coming in 10.2. Which means that Gryphon dragonriding-enabled mounts are also coming in 10.2, and those Dwarven trading post items will be available in 10.2.
    Wait a minute, weren't we here like 24 hours ago with you vehemently opposed to the idea of dynamic gryphons/non-dragons in 10.2, and using that to support your argument that the heroic mount couldn't be a gryphon?

    This whiplash can't be good for my health. I'm morbidly curious as to what the turning point was; the owl is hardly new information.

  17. #25457
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Wait a minute, weren't we here like 24 hours ago with you vehemently opposed to the idea of dynamic gryphons/non-dragons in 10.2, and using that to support your argument that the heroic mount couldn't be a gryphon?

    This whiplash can't be good for my health. I'm morbidly curious as to what the turning point was; the owl is hardly new information.
    Uh no. I said that it is unlikely the pre-purchase heroic mount for 11.0 is a dragonriding mount because dragonriding heavily limits its usage in 10.2 (the time frame when this mount releases). Pre-purchase mounts are utilized to get people to purchase the next expansion, whether they're currently active or not. A dragonriding mount would only appeal to current/active players. If you skipped Dragonflight, or quit mid-expansion, a dragonriding mount isn't going to entice you to pre-purchase.

  18. #25458
    I am Murloc! Auxis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    arent frostborn kinda water dwarves?
    Despite the obvious size difference, water giants (and the storm giants too, I guess) look remarkably like scaled up dwarves. So a water dwarf could look almost exactly like a water giant.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  19. #25459
    The Lightbringer Izalla's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Wait a minute, weren't we here like 24 hours ago with you vehemently opposed to the idea of dynamic gryphons/non-dragons in 10.2, and using that to support your argument that the heroic mount couldn't be a gryphon?

    This whiplash can't be good for my health. I'm morbidly curious as to what the turning point was; the owl is hardly new information.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post54242098
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  20. #25460
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Spell Schools are not the same as cosmic forces. Holy is not The Light, Shadow is not Void. For that matter, Maldraxxus and Revendreth Covenant abilities were all Shadow school, while Ardenweald was Nature and Bastion was Arcane, despite all 4 being Death aligned.

    This means absolutely nothing.
    That still doesn't explain why order has aligned with light. If they could just use any power, as you say, then why did they choose the one they did? They could have easily used fire magic or something too. You mean it's just random, with no logical reason behind it? Ardenweald makes sense to use nature, it's where nature creatures go when they die. How does it make sense for order to use the light instead of arcane? What is the narrative implication here? Unless, of course, some sort of bargain has been struck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •