Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If WoW 2 is ever made it's probably going to be action oriented.

- - - Updated - - -

Combine the zones so they are bigger.
    There's no need for that. The world is the same size whether you take away zone borders or not

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    if they're not stupid they'll have to do it indeed

- - - Updated - - -

losing one player base to another

whatever they do, there will always be a player base
    WoW lags behind other mmo in many points, so this is an excellent reason to do it
    No. Losing chunks of one playerbase period.

People who like WoW want to play WoW. Not WoW2.

At best, they will keep playing WoW. But at that point you will have to work on two games at the same time.

WoW lags behind other mmo in many points,
    Where, exactly?

The only MMO that's even remotely (and remotely is VERY generous) close to WoW is FFXIV. And that's just as "outdated" as WoW in terms of engine and gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Guys....

The revamp has always been happening slowly with blizz updating old textures and assets and creature models...

That's a better use of time and resources.

We're not gonna get another cata level revamp.

They don't wanna make the same mistake they did with cata in that we'll lose the old world and content from it. And I seriously doubt they wanna manage cata world at the same time with this hypothetical revamp via bronze dragons.

The reason why we needed cata was for two reasons.

1) we needed flying in the old world.

2) to refurbish the leveling experience for alts and new players.

Since we obviously have flying already and the leveling has been further worked on with chromie time and ER then there's no reason to remake Kal and EK yet again.

All we need is just all old school textures to be made into HD versions and that's it.
    If there is a world revamp, we dont have to lose it thanks to the zidormi mech that they didnt have back in cata so we could still explore zones as they are now

it's terribly unambitious, just like the company
    No it's not....

How are you gonna make like 25 zones into end game content?

It's unneeded work when we have chromie time and ER if you're just thinking of new players.

Quote Originally Posted by xputurnameherex View Post
    If there is a world revamp, we dont have to lose it thanks to the zidormi mech that they didnt have back in cata so we could still explore zones as they are now
    Like I said in my post....

You think blizz is seriously gonna manage effectively two kals and EK's....

Again, the revamp is redundant. We don't need it.

The entire point was for flying and updated leveling, which were good on both

1+ Year Old Account
    11.0 speculation! Avaloren!

it's actually essential

the game isn't about to evolve with unambitious conservatives who find complacency in the slightest effort
    No it isn't.

All it needs is a paint job, and that's what they're slowly doing...

Cata was essential because the old world leveling was trash and we didn't have flying. That isn't the case anymore.

Plus you can't make the entirety of Kal and EK endgame....

New expansions means new lands to explore, not endgame westfall and desolace. Gtfo

Even cata had new zones that essentially were cata's new "continent"

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said in my post....

You think blizz is seriously gonna manage effectively two kals and EK's....

Again, the revamp is redundant. We don't need it.

The entire point was for flying and updated leveling, which were good on both
    Outlands says hi.

If they're revamped they'll most likely be half-assed like Cata, or completely new like Draenor with updates to stories that were left with cliffhangers. The cliffhangers alone are reason enough to update them.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2023-10-07 at 09:17 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    where leaks

no.

they should stop creating new zones that will be deserted after 2 years and concentrate on the established world and enrich it with content
    Okay....

WHY?

When new lands have more potential for freshness?

no.

they should stop creating new zones that will be deserted after 2 years and concentrate on the established world and enrich it with content
    I agree but i think a better approach would be similar to what they had done in BFA with patch zones being redone old school zones like darkshore.

1+ Year Old Account
    no.

I don't disagree. It's the "World" of Warcraft, after all. However, I think there is a way for them to still add new zones/continents AND make the world (older zones) relevant, which I believe is a better option.

I know the topic is a bit taboo around here but it's interesting to me that mention of Tinkers is sparce this leak season. Granted Blizzard just released a new class/race with Evokers, but as big as the next xpac is expected to be (all sorts of warcraft anniversaries), I wouldn't be surprised if they broke the mold and release some real headliner features like another new class, specs, etc. A little tin foily for sure but if Blizzard typically has gag orders for upcoming key features it could speak to why we're hearing less about them.

Considering we MAY be going underground, possibly 'going back to our roots'/classic Azeroth vibes, it'd be a opportune time to include them (I know any case can always be made for the inclusion of Tinkers but that just speaks to how fluid/versatile their theme is).

I find it suspicious that Blizzard has been so much work into giving us new back pieces, barbershop cosmetic, unique ways to customize your character (warlocks, druids, etc.), I can imagine this prep work would be healthy for the community to ensure that if they release a new class with new ways to customize their appearance, older classes won't feel as 'left out'.

Either way, if we are going underground I really hope we do get to experience gnomish and goblin ingenuity, the Warcraft IP has had awesome designs and themes revolving around both races since it's earliest days. I just hope some day we get to partake as a playable class.

Fingers crossed for 11.0!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    We're not even sure dragons go to the Shadowlands, do they?. The green may be an exception and go to Ardenweald because their connection to Nature.
    The fuck else do you think they go to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trazzle View Post
    I know the topic is a bit taboo around here but it's interesting to me that mention of Tinkers is sparce this leak season.
    Not sure what you mean by mention. By whom? Teriz? or Blizzard?

One thing about the "We dont get a Revamp because they would need to maintain both Cata EK & Kal and 11.0 EK and Kal:
    They dont. If they release Cata Classic, they have preserved the Cata world.

it's terribly unambitious, just like the company
    Dude, your idea of ambition is to just rehash zones from 2003

5+ Year Old Account
    Okay....

WHY?

When new lands have more potential for freshness?
    Because you will abandon those new zones with the next expansion. But you will keep returning to racial capitals. Stormwind harbor has seen constant use since Wrath. We keep returning to Tirisfal every expansion for a new questline. Those places see use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to feel like the revamp I would most want to see is a ground-up recreation of EK and Kalimdor—larger than the originals, with modern graphics and design considerations. A graphical update or selective revamps to zones like Cataclysm did would be fine, but it would pretty much only achieve a "re-freshening" of ancient content rather than modernizing it entirely. Rebuilding the original world would give us an opportunity to rediscover the world we know so intimately and have it feel genuinely new.

...but it would also be just really hard, probably an effort that would be broken into multiple expansions worth of development, but I suppose that also has the perks of multiple expansions of not having to pull new continents out of nowhere. I don't know if it's ever the approach they intend to take regarding the old world, but I think it should be something for the devs to consider.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...torming-Shores

I like this leak, because it remembers the Player Jinyu and also the idea of a NEW monkey race because Hozen don't work as playable is very funny to me.