Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Wonder if they are ever going to add more metalic dragons (so far we only have bronze) seeing how we mostly have chromatic. Seeing the silver scale when I did the quest at first, I thought that the scale would lead to a new Silver Flight
    The White Scales will most likely be a reward for the completing Tyr's quest line. We have the While Whelp NPC, but no idea if it will turn out related to Tyr in the story or it will show itself in the encrypted Aberrus map.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    The White Scales will most likely be a reward for the completing Tyr's quest line. We have the While Whelp NPC, but no idea if it will turn out related to Tyr in the story or it will show itself in the encrypted Aberrus map.
    I meant more like more flights in lore, not just customizations
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

5+ Year Old Account
    I want Class Quests back tbh. Spanning the whole duration of the expansion and getting updated every major patch... I think it's doable
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

https://www.wowhead.com/news/an-unli...nst-the-335284

So many characters to choose from and they chose these two to team up. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Well, not quite. The actually close thing is Khaz Algar, since it seems the best bet for the source of the name Algar-ian. But since Khaz Algar is not a known place located in EK/Kalimdor, it seems to lean away from revamp.
    While I do think it's pretty obviously a reference to Khaz Algar that doesn't make it anything other than speculation at this point. I'm kinda hoping it is the other side of Azeroth though because I've been wanting to see that for like 15 years now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I wonder if they could use “storm riding” to get to the new continent (and/or new zones added in patches) using this system.

Someone mentioned it could be like the Kessel run which I could see them using this system for.
    Now how fun that’d actually be in practice is yet to be seen.
    That seems very possible, it would be cool to travel through storms to get to the new zone.

7+ Year Old Account
    An interesting way to do loading screens using the airlock system would be to have you fly (dragon) through storms, and if its easier for them just have the dragon go into autopilot while the loading completes (the storm would easily cover up the preloading issues that Marla mentioned fog over open ocean would be needed)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

these couple of weeks should be spicy. next week the microsoft deal should finally close (assuming nothing else happens). hopefully we also get some new leak

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    An interesting way to do loading screens using the airlock system would be to have you fly (dragon) through storms, and if its easier for them just have the dragon go into autopilot while the loading completes (the storm would easily cover up the preloading issues that Marla mentioned fog over open ocean would be needed)
    Hyperspecific thing to want, if they did something like this, I hope someone makes a weakaura or something that mimics the level transitions from the Spyro games, so the camera spins and a bunch of gems plop down across the screen until you "zone in."

Or maybe it could track currencies and drop icons representing those instead or something.
    Last edited by Bwgmon; 2023-10-08 at 10:26 PM.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Ehhh depends on what the actual answer is. Right now tho, the answer is that we're lucky and the eventualities played out uniquely.
    Right now we are the prophesied ones

That's based on the information we have not what ifs

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

I did this quest on the PTR and really did not enjoy how it was framed, even as someone that's not really a huge night elf fan or wants to get into the genocide debate. Wowhead doesn't cover the whole thing in full so I'll just throw the description into spoilers just in case.

Voss is framed as an infallible person of kindness and justice while the night elves are portrayed as unnecessarily cruel and mean-spirited against her. You meet up with Shandris and Voss, and they're already portrayed as comrades because hey, you can't trust modern WoW to do proper buildup for anything that isn't a cosmic threat.

Shandris begins acting more pointed and distressed and then runs off, and you read her journal that Wowhead describes, which makes it seem like she can't truly forgive the Forsaken. Voss acts perfectly polite and nice about this trying to help her. She almost feels like a totally different character. The whole while she's trying to help, all the dryads and keepers of the grove of the such are expressing their distrust and dislike of her.

Then it's revealed it's a nature spirit that got released earlier in the questline that's stoking Shandris's negative feelings, AKA you can just resolve the issue by killing something. You both save her, and then Voss lectures all the gathered night elf forces about how they need to be more open-minded and tolerant of people trying to help them. This is written so heavy-handed that they have all the dryads and such emoting of looking away in embarrassment and shame, in case the message wasn't smashed into your skull at this point.

It's the same problem over and over again: no buildup, just jumping to the end point the writers want. The Forsaken are being portrayed as morally superior to the people they massacred the same time we're seeing them try working together for the first time. Danuser and company cannot write a proper followup to the events of Battle for Azeroth, because the only outcome they want is everyone is best friends. We're supposed to handwave everything that happened so we can focus on cosmic shenanigans because faction strife gets in the way of that. If these writers did Warcraft 3, the humans and orcs would have become best friends off screen before even sailing to Kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I remember in BFA running errands for Nathanos pretty much screaming at my character and just accepting it like some little kid without any say.. My big ass orc battlelord from Legion and other stuff that has my character conquered in the past.

It was pretty silly at the time.
    See I always felt less like Nathanos had any authority over me or I was being forced to let him belittle me, and more like he was basically a mosquito whining in my ear but nothing I would ever consider to be a threat to me. Like a "whatever helps you sleep at night, bud" attitude toward him. He wasn't powerful enough to be bothered by because lorewise I should be strong enough to roflstomp him instantly if I really wanted to. When you think of him like that you kinda just chuckle when he acts like he has any place to boss you around, and you were gonna do that anyway so he can have his precious little power trip moment.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    I did this quest on the PTR and really did not enjoy how it was framed, even as someone that's not really a huge night elf fan or wants to get into the genocide debate. Wowhead doesn't cover the whole thing in full so I'll just throw the description into spoilers just in case.

Voss is framed as an infallible person of kindness and justice while the night elves are portrayed as unnecessarily cruel and mean-spirited against her. You meet up with Shandris and Voss, and they're already portrayed as comrades because hey, you can't trust modern WoW to do proper buildup for anything that isn't a cosmic threat.

Shandris begins acting more pointed and distressed and then runs off, and you read her journal that Wowhead describes, which makes it seem like she can't truly forgive the Forsaken. Voss acts perfectly polite and nice about this trying to help her. She almost feels like a totally different character. The whole while she's trying to help, all the dryads and keepers of the grove of the such are expressing their distrust and dislike of her.

Then it's revealed it's a nature spirit that got released earlier in the questline that's stoking Shandris's negative feelings, AKA you can just resolve the issue by killing something. You both save her, and then Voss lectures all the gathered night elf forces about how they need to be more open-minded and tolerant of people trying to help them. This is written so heavy-handed that they have all the dryads and such emoting of looking away in embarrassment and shame, in case the message wasn't smashed into your skull at this point.

It's the same problem over and over again: no buildup, just jumping to the end point the writers want. The Forsaken are being portrayed as morally superior to the people they massacred the same time we're seeing them try working together for the first time. Danuser and company cannot write a proper followup to the events of Battle for Azeroth, because the only outcome they want is everyone is best friends. We're supposed to handwave everything that happened so we can focus on cosmic shenanigans because faction strife gets in the way of that. If these writers did Warcraft 3, the humans and orcs would have become best friends off screen before even sailing to Kalimdor.
    Should I just become a Draenei fan? They don't really seem to have any issues lorewise. I even liked the Man'ari skin unlock quest. Just gotta ignore that their entire existence is based on a retcon that happened 18 years ago and I'm set.

I say this as a fan of Blizzard, and not so much as a complaint as much as a critique.

One of their largest narrative issues is that they talk to the player, and not the character. What I mean by this is, very often they craft their stories from a standpoint of our characters (And as a result, all characters) knowing everything the player does. So when a particularly strong emotion or feeling is in the community, they will sometimes address it in this manner.

It makes their story and stuff come off as extremely heavy handed. If that spoilered part is even in the realm of being accurate, it'll cause a minor backlash, but ultimately it's pretty clear at this point Blizzard wants to present the Horde as not being at fault for Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

It makes sense that the Forsaken are the only horde race that actually gives a crap about the night elves getting a new home. As penance, obviously. It wouldn't make sense for any other horde race to give a crap. Plus it was probably written by whatever dev wrote the Lilian/Tidesage Ardenweald questline that got dropped from the Shadowlands alpha.
    So if Night Elves are hostile to anyone, that's not portraying them positively enough, but if Forsaken try to do something good, that's portraying them too positively? Do you think you might have a bias toward the night elves?
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-10-08 at 11:07 PM.

Interesting.. Wouldn't you consider how Lillian treated Zelling in BFA, and how she continued to honor her promise to make sure his family was safe a part of her growth as a kind person? Also wasn't she helpful to that captain women and Derek Proudmoore? I know thats Forsaken specific in these cases but its not too much of a stretch for her to give the same kindness to Night Elves.
    Last edited by seainma; 2023-10-08 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    I say this as a fan of Blizzard, and not so much as a complaint as much as a critique.

One of their largest narrative issues is that they talk to the player, and not the character. What I mean by this is, very often they craft their stories from a standpoint of our characters (And as a result, all characters) knowing everything the player does. So when a particularly strong emotion or feeling is in the community, they will sometimes address it in this manner.

It makes their story and stuff come off as extremely heavy handed. If that spoilered part is even in the realm of being accurate, it'll cause a minor backlash, but ultimately it's pretty clear at this point Blizzard wants to present the Horde as not being at fault for Teldrassil.
    Stuff like that happen during PTR, and I haven't seen people complaining about this, like for example the Alexstrasza quest from 2 patches ago. Means no one will care when it's live either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post

I agree with your take on it, though I think this has become exacerbated in recent years. Partly from the change in guard of the creative team, and partly because the story has become so mired in controversies and mistakes that it feels like an increasing portion of the story consists of nervous apologies to players. It's nice that they're open to feedback, it's worrying that they need feedback so often that they seem incapable of steering the ship alone.

The Sylvanas loyalist scene from the heritage questline has the same problem, it's very obviously aimed at players to the point where she's referencing things that only make sense to the omniscient player that can read short stories on the website. Unsurprisingly, Danuser himself claimed credit for writing that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It makes sense that the Forsaken are the only horde race that actually gives a crap about the night elves getting a new home. As penance, obviously. It wouldn't make sense for any other horde race to give a crap. Plus it was probably written by whatever dev wrote the Lilian/Tidesage Ardenweald questline that got dropped from the Shadowlands alpha.So if Night Elves are hostile to anyone, that's not portraying them positively enough, but if Forsaken try to do something good, that's portraying them too positively? Do you think you might have a bias toward the night elves?
    I mean you're acting like that's a weird thing. It really isn't.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account

No buildup is not the same as “I missed all the buildup.” I just recently replayed Tirisfal Glades and being a fan of the Forsaken in general, it’s pretty clear that she had plenty of buildup and background, a lot more than many other characters. Saying there’s “no buildup” is pretty wild. That being said, it’s a video game that is 30 years old (franchise) so if they don’t come up with brand new stuff sometimes… honestly what do you expect? This is one of the most infuriating things to me to hear from other gamers. Developing new content means introducing brand new events and plot turns and characters and feelings and ideologies sometimes. Not everything can have a 2, 5, 10, whatever number of years to buildup when we’ve already been going through those established bits for 20 years.