Quote Originally Posted by maplesyrupgl View Post
    I think the Warcraft 3 thing has me raising some eyebrows. The Tempest thing could be related to whatever they've got planning for the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    If the name of the next expansion is indeed "Tempest" and we combine that information with StormRider+Tempest+Map shifted to the right+airlock system we can make an educated guess that the next expansion will explore unknown lands to the west through the storms.

-----

https://crt.sh/?q=Blizzard

Blizzard just reserved a domain called "tempest".

Next expack could be WoW:Tempest, or it could be something else. But Dragonflight leaked this way also.
    Thanks _o/

Not only is this old, it's part of the ".corp.blizzard" domains so it's just an internal resource portal/job tool for the company employees. Could be their benefits portal or a payroll tool, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    If the name of the next expansion is indeed "Tempest" and we combine that information with StormRider+Tempest+Map shifted to the right+airlock system we can make an educated guess that the next expansion will explore unknown lands to the west through the storms.
    I wouldn't take the name seriously.. Companies try to hide whatever project they're working on under some pseudonym so that way they don't leak out anything. The name doesn't always correlate to the actual theme of the expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    I wouldn't take the name seriously.. Companies try to hide whatever project they're working on under some pseudonym so that way they don't leak out anything. The name doesn't always correlate to the actual theme of the expansion.
    Yes, I know. I just put out the idea because I thought that the name 'Tempest' fitted the overall information that we have so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Unless Iridikron is BREZING his sister I highly doubt thats it. Razageth was known as the Tempest. I guess it is possible rather they use the essence of Galakrond to empower her? But I just don't see them doing that.
    Edit: I was wrong.
    Last edited by Trad skeleton; 2023-10-09 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Wrong information, fact checked after

10+ Year Old Account
    is this finally the juice?????

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by graysontum View Post
    ctrl + f the page for Tempest, tempest.corp.blizzard.net goes back to 2019, just an internal thing for something unrelated.

quoting this for the new page so we can nip it in the bud

I guess you could say this was a tempest in a teapot.

Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    is this finally the juice?????
    No, that's some internal adress that isn't relevant to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, that's some internal adress that isn't relevant to us.
    I mean warcraft3 tho...

Edit: I guess www.playwarcraft3.com has been a thing since 2018 and links to reforge boo - so this is just probably cleaning up the reforge link.

And it dating to 2020 + having corp in the url 100% sounds internal
    Last edited by flan1337; 2023-10-09 at 04:54 AM.

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Unless Iridikron is BREZING his sister I highly doubt thats it. Razageth was known as the Tempest. I guess it is possible rather they use the essence of Galakrond to empower her? But I just don't see them doing that.
    Razageth Was the storm eater, don’t think she ever had tempest mentioned related to her.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

5+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Tempest isn't as cool as Voidstorm OR Stormbreak. Bet Danuser was behind this.

We're almost sure the next expansion is related (at least partially) to the elements. Not my favorite theme but at this point i don't care anymore. just give me a fun and cool expansion both gameplay and story wise and get me out of dragonflight.

I think name "tempest" is something that blizzard could do- it's easy to pronounce/say and remember, it is short which makes it very good for interviews and marketing.

Im not a big fan of it, but ye.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I think name "tempest" is something that blizzard could do- it's easy to pronounce/say and remember, it is short which makes it very good for interviews and marketing.

Im not a big fan of it, but ye.
    just steal stormbreak. it's way cooler

Damn if the Tempest thing is true its another One-Word expansion :| Give me a couple of words Blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerplz View Post
    Damn if the Tempest thing is true its another One-Word expansion :| Give me a couple of words Blizz!
    It's not, though that doesn't mean it won't be one-word.

I wonder whether Blizz can use the Airlock-technology thing to make a zone ABOVE other zones, like an archipelago of isles in the sky within a storm. I think that could be cool for a max-level zone etc.

Quote Originally Posted by graysontum View Post
    ctrl + f the page for Tempest, tempest.corp.blizzard.net goes back to 2019, just an internal thing for something unrelated.

Surely this should stop the rapid speculation surrounding Tempest.