On WC3, I think one of the common requests of the community if Blizzard wants to show good will would be for them to actually deliver the WC3 they promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    When did WoW lore become so much about the struggle for self-determinism ... Seems like a narrative favourite of Danuser, Dasnoozer, Daloser
    Since Gromash killed Manoroth and refused to accept orcs exists only to be demon's slaves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    I wonder whether Blizz can use the Airlock-technology thing to make a zone ABOVE other zones, like an archipelago of isles in the sky within a storm. I think that could be cool for a max-level zone etc.
    Based on what Marla said, I believe yes but would need to cleverly use clouds and skyboxes
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    See I always felt less like Nathanos had any authority over me or I was being forced to let him belittle me, and more like he was basically a mosquito whining in my ear but nothing I would ever consider to be a threat to me. Like a "whatever helps you sleep at night, bud" attitude toward him. He wasn't powerful enough to be bothered by because lorewise I should be strong enough to roflstomp him instantly if I really wanted to. When you think of him like that you kinda just chuckle when he acts like he has any place to boss you around, and you were gonna do that anyway so he can have his precious little power trip moment.
    That's a good way of looking at this too.

I guess it's also comes to what kind of a character you "roleplay" as, i like playing these kinda hot headed warrior orcs so i would love a dialogue option where your character can punch him in the face, i think it would be funniest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    That's a good way of looking at this too.

I guess it's also comes to what kind of a character you "roleplay" as, i like playing these kinda hot headed warrior orcs so i would love a dialogue option where your character can punch him in the face, i think it would be funniest thing ever.
    I’d have loved that as well and I don’t roleplay lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Or maybe just don't tie mounts to RNG drops that you can only roll once every couple weeks on a character? That's not good gameplay and it's very obviously a carrot on a stick tactic. They could just as easily go back to the old method of using currency to buy mounts. That way players at least know when the insufferable grind is over.
    They could give you cosmo coins for every renown level and every paragon box. 1 coin per level. 5 coins per paragon box. Big vender with like 20 mounts to buy at launch. 20 cosmo coins per mount. Getting the factions maxed would earn you enough for 4 or 5 of the mounts. Getting a 10k rep paragon with each faction gets u enough for another mount. If you have 3 chars you do the wq on each week you would get enough rep for like 2 mounts a week. Be done with all the mounts in like 6 to 8 weeks if you grind it out. After that you can be done with the content.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder whether Blizz can use the Airlock-technology thing to make a zone ABOVE other zones, like an archipelago of isles in the sky within a storm. I think that could be cool for a max-level zone etc.
    Or they use it to bring the Halls of Valor into the fray once more. Or, hear me out - Ulduar. We know that Odyn is now buddies again with the other Keepers, so they could easily lift up the whole of Ulduar (now that Yogg-Saron is dead, or is he?), connect it to the Halls of Valor and use it as an assault front for Avaloren.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Tears of the Kingdom ( it has a world revamp + isles in the sky + underground zone ), everyone is pleased XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Not only is this old, it's part of the ".corp.blizzard" domains so it's just an internal resource portal/job tool for the company employees. Could be their benefits portal or a payroll tool, etc.
    Definitely internal. Tempest is a plugin for managing a separate library for testing. It's likely not the expansion name.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Dude... were you one of the guys that made up a leak? I saw the same mistake before in one of those.
    Pre-patch is always something point zero.
    In this case, pre-patch for next expansion will be 11.0.X.
    Pre-patch for Dragonflight was 10.0.X.

Pre-patch is the initial patch of every expansion before the content is opened up. It's never a patch of the previous expansion.
    Yeah sorry. Still operating on the FFXIV paradigm where the second half of the last content patch already sets up the next expansion and X.0 is always the release.
    And to answer your question, no I did not do a fake leak. I mean I do have an expansion concept in mind in a half-baked state, but I don't want to pretend it is based on anything besides what I would find cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Not only is this old, it's part of the ".corp.blizzard" domains so it's just an internal resource portal/job tool for the company employees. Could be their benefits portal or a payroll tool, etc.
    It fits the theme. Blizzard - Tempest

Worth keeping in mind that past names all refer to something specific in the lore, that people recognise.

... expect Cataclysm.

5+ Year Old Account
    What's the parrot say about all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Who among us experimented with FFXIV during covid? It was like a real life gothic horror novella, playing through 400 mandatory story quests, waiting for this "way better than wow" story to begin & it never would. Just lots of french catboys.
    Yeah, but as I said, none have been as complicated at the one from the heritage armor quest. Most of them are just panning camera over a character maybe doing a general emote.
    I mean, I've been playing since 2.0, so 2014, and I've absolutely loved FFXIV story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunravel View Post
    I mean, I've been playing since 2.0, so 2014, and I've absolutely loved FFXIV story.
    I mean "french catboys" kinda shows how little Ersula paid attention. Ishgard was "french elves". Big difference. Cat people are more tribal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunravel View Post
    Eh.

70% of 2.0s writing is just... eh? Boring? Needlessly convoluted? World building is good, needed and all that, but ARR is mostly world building and then "Oh, you have to prove your worth!" for 5 different occasions.

If you actually sum up the MSQ for ARR, very little actually happens, yet it has like over 200 quests. And all of them are "Go to this person, go to this person, go to Waking Sands, go to this person".

The WoL is also INCREDIBLY stupid in ARR. The entire Crystal Braves storyline is... just not great if our character was a character?

It does get better, and the transition into Heavensward is amazing, and HW itself is great, however saying that ARR is not just boring fetch quests with inconsequential writing, which is extremely offputting for new players (especially with all the hype about "The best MMO story ever!!!!")

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    On WC3, I think one of the common requests of the community if Blizzard wants to show good will would be for them to actually deliver the WC3 they promised.
    Blizzard even did a survey a while back about what players would want to see in a WC3 Reforged relaunch. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they reveal a big attempt to fix it at Blizzcon, even without this new list.

Hopefully their second try actually does justice to the original game, assuming they're going through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Blizzard even did a survey a while back about what players would want to see in a WC3 Reforged relaunch. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they reveal a big attempt to fix it at Blizzcon, even without this new list.

Hopefully their second try actually does justice to the original game, assuming they're going through with it.
    It's not just about fixing what they broke. It is about delivering what they promised.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Eh.

70% of 2.0s writing is just... eh? Boring? Needlessly convoluted? World building is good, needed and all that, but ARR is mostly world building and then "Oh, you have to prove your worth!" for 5 different occasions.

If you actually sum up the MSQ for ARR, very little actually happens, yet it has like over 200 quests. And all of them are "Go to this person, go to this person, go to Waking Sands, go to this person".
    Dunno when you did the MSQ but recently quite a lot was trimmed from the 2.x MSQ and I think maybe a bit from 2.0 as well. And that was before flying was added. Or all the dungeons were redone. or the graphics update that will come in 7.0
    I'm going to stop here cause this is massively off-topic. But maybe it is valuable to the topic at hand that reworking old stuff is sometimes very necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Dunno when you did the MSQ but recently quite a lot was trimmed from the 2.x MSQ and I think maybe a bit from 2.0 as well. And that was before flying was added. Or all the dungeons were redone. or the graphics update that will come in 7.0
    I'm going to stop here cause this is massively off-topic. But maybe it is valuable to the topic at hand that reworking old stuff is sometimes very necessary.
    Granted, it's been a while.

I was just not very impressed by it, and I kinda developed a small hatred for the game. Everyone would always tell me "Oh yeah, it's gonna get better", so I pushed on through, reached the end bit of Heavensward and then burned out.

it gets better, but 80% of the story is a slog lmao