Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You are not getting almost four classes worth of specs in a single expansion.
    We could if it's spread out throughout the lifespan of 11.0

It is the 10th exp.for the 20th anni so we know they're going to go big.

I mean look at what they're capable of in DF.

New class, completely revamped talents, and mid exp new spec.

I think they could make it work of it's staggered.

Regardless if it spills into ,12.0 I fully expect all classes to have 4 specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    If we get 4th specs than rogue will prolly get bard as support spec.
    Support are dps.specs so there's no way any of the 4 pure DPS classes are gonna have yet ANOTHER DPS spec. It has to be tank or heals.

Plus, bard has potential to be its own class

Tbf, it was prolly Ysera during the alpha stage but them listening to winers changed it to Merithra later on, hence we only get now the unique model for her drake form.
    I doubt it. The way she returned and the limitations associated with it are perfectly reasonable within the framework of the situation she ended SL with. This was likely the plan from the start and people just once again got upset about Anduin getting killed by Garrosh.

I wonder what the possibility is of Erinethria's brood in the West being some form of rethought Dragonriders of Loreth'Aran. They were notably absent from mention this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    I wonder what the possibility is of Erinethria's brood in the West being some form of rethought Dragonriders of Loreth'Aran. They were notably absent from mention this expansion.
    I wonder if her brood is inbred or not.

im in dire need of some good leaks man im straight up dying out here

1) Why would Ysera die? In the Amirdrassil raid? Is this confirmed, or just speculation?
    2) Why is there a conflict between Alex and Tyr? Because Alex let Vyra join the dragons, or because Alex is about to abandon the path of the titans? Again; is this confirmed on the PTR or just speculation?
    3) The only Old God whisper "Don't trust the eyes of green" or whatever it was. Is it already known what this is referring to? If not, could it be Erinethria? We arrive to Avaloren and Erinethria and her brood are friendly to us, but then it turns out they are against us and we have to fight them in the first or second raid of the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post

New class, completely revamped talents, and mid exp new spec..
    DF's revamped talents involved basically just layering previous iterations of talents or borrowed power, not inventing entirely new specs. It was a significant amount of logistical work but also something that involved mostly existing assets. The mid expansion "new spec" was just the new class' regular third spec. That isn't even remotely close to adding 11 brand new specs.

Also
    The 10th anniversary was pseudo-timewalking an old raid and turning a zone into a BG, 15th was a timewalking boss gauntlet and old AV. I don't know why people have built this idea that 20th anniversary means that 11.0 must be some magic super expansion twice the size of a regular one. Blizzard has never gone super crazy for anniversary stuff.

4th specs were established in MoP, and we have not had any other class get one in the 10 years since, despite some of them having very clear slots for one (like Shamans) or constant requests for them (like warriors and priests). DH still has two specs seven years later. Why would you assume just because they added a third spec to a new class that only had two that suddenly every other class in the game is getting an additional spec?

The logical assumption here isn't every class having 4 specs by 12.0. It's that maybe DH will finally get its third spec, and if we're extremely lucky, shaman might get a 4th.

7+ Year Old Account

New class, completely revamped talents, and mid exp new spec.

I think they could make it work of it's staggered.

Regardless if it spills into ,12.0 I fully expect all classes to have 4 specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Support are dps.specs so there's no way any of the 4 pure DPS classes are gonna have yet ANOTHER DPS spec. It has to be tank or heals.

Plus, bard has potential to be its own class
    Who says that support has always have to be a dps spec? They could easily make disz and bard into healer support specs, as long as they balance them viable for m+ (but less strong for raids, like having their heals be not good for healing more than 5 players or so, but buffing the other heals /giving players shields there instead).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    1) Why would Ysera die? In the Amirdrassil raid? Is this confirmed, or just speculation?
    Because the first Satyr corrupts her and we are forced to put her down.

That is to say, she's been dead for years already. She's only borrowing time from Malfurion right now, this arrangement is explicitly temporary.

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, and they haven't done that in quite a while. Since WoD, it was "the Commander", "the Champion" and "the Maw Walker". The named lore characters only helped.
    They did it in legion where you can see the canon wielders of the artifact weapons when you cleanse Sargaras’s sword, and in the Illidan novel where Mieve and Akuma take our place leading the fight against Illidan/killing him.

In all likely hood when they release books that cover Wod-SL events they will do the same and we will be behind a lore character or replaced with one.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    Everything i know about Dragon Lore tells me only the Aspect is able to produce offspring capable of flying within the Emerald/Ruby flights. The rest would produce Dragonkin or Drakonids.

I was under the impression they simply died out, or the practice of dragonriding elves wasn't needed after the war of the Ancients. They had Hippogryphs for that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    That's kind of backwards because they literally spell that out in the quest where Ysera returns that she is not taking over any responsibilities of the flight and that Merithra is still in charge despite Ysera's return. If the aspects were to return, it was always Merithra taking on the role of the Green's.

I guess the dataminig took the wind out of the sails of the last "ysera must be the aspect" conspiracy theorists. But that's it.
    So what did they bring her back for?

Since 4th specs are pretty much a given at this point since we will be getting more support specs, what 4th specs can we expect over the course of 11.0?

Well the 4 pure dps classes need either a tank or heal spec.

So I think...

Rogue: return of combat for tanking

Hunter: survival tanking themed after rexar?

Warlock: Blood heals. There's no such thing as a ranged tank.

Mage: chronomancy heals

DH: support melee DPS, ranged DPS like that HS card.

Monk: ranged support Chiji themed

Shaman: earth tank of course.

Evoker: Green and Blue Dot spec, call it Eradication.

Warrior: gladiator

DK: return of blood DPS as support

Paladin: sword and board support DPS
    I fully support an evasion tank for rogues. Kinda reminds me of Final Fantasy XI. I mean I didn't play it much, but it is well documented that despite being a dps class, ninja was used a lot for tanking because it had skills granting it high evation.

For Mage I also want a tank spec. Imagine a mage using short teleports, mirror images and shields to soak up damage. The antithesis of the squishy wizard.

In full support of a ranged Monk. Bring the ATLA shit. Also I hope they figure out a brew for each spec. Like Beer for brewmasters, tea for mistweavers...idunno noodle soup for windwalkers and something else for the 4th spec.

For shaman I want a spec focused on spirits. I mean consulting with spirits is something they should do yet that aspect is completely overshadowed by elementals. What about your ancestors, Thrall?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    DF's revamped talents involved basically just layering previous iterations of talents or borrowed power, not inventing entirely new specs. It was a significant amount of logistical work but also something that involved mostly existing assets. The mid expansion "new spec" was just the new class' regular third spec. That isn't even remotely close to adding 11 brand new specs.

Also

The 10th anniversary was pseudo-timewalking an old raid and turning a zone into a BG, 15th was a timewalking boss gauntlet and old AV. I don't know why people have built this idea that 20th anniversary means that 11.0 must be some magic super expansion twice the size of a regular one. Blizzard has never gone super crazy for anniversary stuff.

4th specs were established in MoP, and we have not had any other class get one in the 10 years since, despite some of them having very clear slots for one (like Shamans) or constant requests for them (like warriors and priests). DH still has two specs seven years later. Why would you assume just because they added a third spec to a new class that only had two that suddenly every other class in the game is getting an additional spec?

The logical assumption here isn't every class having 4 specs by 12.0. It's that maybe DH will finally get its third spec, and if we're extremely lucky, shaman might get a 4th.
    Well, the one new spec is an entire new gimmick of support, which blizzard has heavily implied well be getting more with other classes.

Which puts many of them at 4 specs.

So yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Who says that support has always have to be a dps spec? They could easily make disz and bard into healer support specs, as long as they balance them viable for m+ (but less strong for raids, like having their heals be not good for healing more than 5 players or so, but buffing the other heals /giving players shields there instead).
    Support healer make no sense.

How do you make healing based on making other classes do more dmg.

Support as DPS works since it's dmg for dmg.

So you have to hope other people do lots of dmg so your heals can heal more?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post

What if you support healers to heal more? Or better?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    They did it in legion where you can see the canon wielders of the artifact weapons when you cleanse Sargaras’s sword, and in the Illidan novel where Mieve and Akuma take our place leading the fight against Illidan/killing him.

In all likely hood when they release books that cover Wod-SL events they will do the same and we will be behind a lore character or replaced with one.
    The "canon wielders" are just random NPCs meant to represent the other Champions. And the fight against Illidan predates WoD. No, they most likely will not, as they have taken pains to give some way to identify the player characters specificially.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    What if you support healers to heal more? Or better?
    You can't have 2 healers in 5 man's or 3s

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Everything i know about Dragon Lore tells me only the Aspect is able to produce offspring capable of flying within the Emerald/Ruby flights. The rest would produce Dragonkin or Drakonids.

I was under the impression they simply died out, or the practice of dragonriding elves wasn't needed after the war of the Ancients. They had Hippogryphs for that.
    Merithra has a son

You can't have 2 healers in 5 man's or 3s
    Of course you can. Should is a different matter.

Though Augmentation already empowers healers as well as DPS, so the whole discussion is silly anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, the one new spec is an entire new gimmick of support, which blizzard has heavily implied well be getting more with other classes.

Which puts many of them at 4 specs.

So yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Just have their heals be capped at 5 people while giving them abilities that boost the hps of their fellow healers, so it's heal for heal that still works in 5 man dungeon content without other heals?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I think if we get additional specs, we might get 3-4 support specs and that's it. I'd expect Gladiator as support dps with a shield for Warrior, Bard for Rogue and something for mage. I'd love it if Shaman or Evoker could get an earth magic tank though.