1. #26861
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    Blizzard will do anything but give us proper ogres.
    Same with High Elves actually.

    If they wanted to really piss off Ogre fans, they would add them.

    As members of a third faction like dunno, Darkmoon Faire

  2. #26862
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    My mistake. It has a couple of quests to clear out pirates of Anyport and that’s it. Hardly prominent though.

    Every single enemy in the dungeon were not pirates. There were Ashvane’s (you know, her house), Scrimshaw’s which were thugs from the slums of Boralus, as well as pirates. Pirates were just an enemy of several in the dungeon.

    One of the bosses was a sea giant called Hadal Darkfathom - https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hadal_Darkfathom

    The dungeon journal states that he was called from the depths to assist Ashvane. Because she was in an alliance with Azshara, well before she arrived in Nazjatar as you stated. The following boss is also:

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Viq%27Goth

    Who was present in the other half of the Tirisgarde campaign that wasn’t focused around pirates. The campaign that was you know, based around Old God forces? How would Ashvane be able to call upon Old God forces like you claim if she hadn’t made an alliance with them until after she arrived in Nazjatar ?(how would she even arrive there of her own volition?) Unless you’re suggesting a pirate can call upon the Old Gods when they please (Ashvane isn’t a pirate)

    Lady Ashvane isn’t a pirate. She’s a noblewoman from Kul Tiras of House Ashvane, the most prominent of Kul Tiras houses alongside House Proudmoore and the ones who supply Kul Tiras with all their weaponry and a good chunk of military forces. House Ashvane are not pirates, just like House Proudmoore, Waycrest and Stormsong aren’t pirates. The Ashvane’s do infact ally with pirates though, the Irontide (as well as Azshara).

    The Horde does free Ashvane from Tol Dagor, but not for her pirate fleet (she isn’t a pirate) they free her for her knowledge surrounding Azerite weaponry as well as because of her alliance with Azshara, which Sylvanas needs information on. This is why Nathanos leaves the Horde forces as soon as they arrive in Nazjatar, to go and give the dagger to Azshara.

    I don’t need to point out any old god forces in that cinematic. Instead I can direct you to the Siege of Boralus dungeon instead (which immediately follows this cinematic chronologically) where she actively uses old god forces provided by her alliance with Azshara. As well as those provided by Azshara, Ashvane utilises forces of House Ashvane, and Tidesages (certainly not pirates, likely they are of or defected from House Stormsong) as well as pirates.

    I’m not sure how you can ask if I played BfA (it’s actually one of my favourite modern expansions behind Legion). Did you play BfA?
    The problem is, direct mentions to Ashvane working with Azshara were present at some point during the Alpha, but were explicitly cut, leaving literally NO mentions between Ashvane and Azshara until 8.2 and the story doesn't really make sense if you consider that Azshara and Ashvane were already allied prior to Sylvanas making the deal.

    Saying Siege of Boralus is not a pirate dungeon is like saying that Highmaul is not an Ogre raid because Tectus and Brackenspore are in it.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2023-10-10 at 09:08 AM.

  3. #26863
    Epic! Pheraz's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,675
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamWorldRevamp View Post
    Still the coolest and most iconic race of this game.
    I think orcs are the iconic race of Warcraft but night elves are IMO the iconic race of wow. No other game has this combination of Greek Japanese dark elves from the night and moon

    Would still be definitely fitting if we would get orc druids though. 100%
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

  4. #26864
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Saying Siege of Boralus is not a pirate dungeon is like saying that Highmaul is not an Ogre raid because Tectus and Brackenspore are in it.
    I mean the dungeon has four bosses. Chopper is a member of the Irontide. Lockwood is Ashvane's fleet captain so not a pirate, a House Ashvane captain (all the adds in her fight are named Ashvane, not Irontide or Bilge Rat). Hadal and Viz'qoth are both part of the Azshara connection. So there is one pirate boss (and he ain't even in a ship). The dungeon is located in a Kul Tiran city, not in a pirate location and the event is a city siege by Priscilla's forces which include among others the pirates of the Irontide. So it is more of a coup than a pirate raid.

    Comparing that to Highmaul which has 7 bosses, 4 of which are Ogres, 1 is fought in an Ogre Arena and the other two are besieging Highmaul, an Ogre capital city while the event of the dungeon is said siege by Void Forces under Cho'gall plus by the Alliance/Horde commanders is not a fair comparison.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-10-10 at 09:40 AM.

  5. #26865
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The problem is, direct mentions to Ashvane working with Azshara were present at some point during the Alpha, but were explicitly cut, leaving literally NO mentions between Ashvane and Azshara until 8.2 and the story doesn't really make sense if you consider that Azshara and Ashvane were already allied prior to Sylvanas making the deal.

    Saying Siege of Boralus is not a pirate dungeon is like saying that Highmaul is not an Ogre raid because Tectus and Brackenspore are in it.
    Well that’s the thing. Highmaul is clearly, predominantly an Ogre raid. The reason for us going there is to stop the Highmaul Ogres. The majority of the bosses are Ogres, including the final boss and the majority of the mobs are Ogres.

    Freehold is predominantly a pirate dungeon, down to the setting, mobs and bosses. Siege of Boralus is a lot more nuanced because it isn’t anything like Freehold in that it’s a pirate dungeon nor is it solely pirates invading. It’s Ashvane forces that are invading that are comprised of House Ashvane forces itself, as well as pirates and Azshara sending some of her forces to help with the siege. It’s not a pirate dungeon, it’s an Ashvane dungeon because that’s who the threat is.

  6. #26866
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,772
    I thought the Blizzcon mount was bigger, plus our character shrinks when he's on it

  7. #26867
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I thought the Blizzcon mount was bigger, plus our character shrinks when he's on it
    Every mount of that type shrinks the character. Shaman mount and SL KSM mount.

  8. #26868
    It’s also worth noting that it isn’t really necessary to state in complete black and white that Azshara and Ashvane were working with each other prior to 8.2.

    It’s made pretty clear just from playing the Kul Tiran story from levelling, up until the campaign involving Jaina.

    Kul Tiras is in complete disarray because of the status of the Houses. The fleet is being kept hostage in a storm facilitated by Azshara and House Stormsong, whilst Ashvane is manufacturing Azerite weaponry to assist in the planned coup, all the while she has the ability to call upon kraken, sea giants and mindbenders who are all previously known to be minions of Azshara. It doesn’t need to be spelled out and slapped in the face with a reveal that Azshara and Ashvane are in league.

  9. #26869
    So, what happened to Teriz and his "leak" of"The blizzcon mount is the stormcharger because Stormpeak and Ulduar and omg if you disagree you are stupid!!".



    I am torn on getting it or not, mostly because of the price difference for just the 1 mount.. hmm

  10. #26870
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    So, what happened to Teriz and his "leak" of"The blizzcon mount is the stormcharger because Stormpeak and Ulduar and omg if you disagree you are stupid!!".



    I am torn on getting it or not, mostly because of the price difference for just the 1 mount.. hmm
    It's actually not that bad value if you play most Blizzard games.

    The Legendary Pack comes with the Diablo 4 Battlepass and the OW2 Battlepass, so if you were planning to play those anyway, that's it already half price.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2023-10-10 at 09:56 AM.

  11. #26871
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's actually not that bad value if you play most Blizzard games.

    The Legendary Pack comes with the Diablo 4 Battlepass and the OW2 Battlepass, so if you were planning to play those anyway, that's it already have price.
    For sure. Blizzard provides pretty good value if you play multiple games. Like how Collector's Edition and/or preorder bonuses include stuff for other games.

  12. #26872
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    So, what happened to Teriz and his "leak" of"The blizzcon mount is the stormcharger because Stormpeak and Ulduar and omg if you disagree you are stupid!!".
    Did he say it was the Blizzcon mount or the next expansion's mount? Which makes way more sense considering the whole [Heroic Edition] next to it.

    Honestly, we should look at that list of leaked achievements and cross out the ones that have already been revealed so we can pinpoint what else is to be revealed.
    Last edited by Woggmer; 2023-10-10 at 10:46 AM.

  13. #26873
    if only people could get off Teriz' case for a while, it's like watching a kindergarden...

  14. #26874
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    if only people could get off Teriz' case for a while, it's like watching a kindergarden...
    I wouldn’t really say people are on his case. He understandably riles people up with his behaviour at times, and it’s fair to get frustrated by it and respond in kind - I’m guilty of it myself. He certainly isn’t a victim in this case, but neither is anyone else.

    It’s just part and parcel with arguing/debating on an online message board tailored towards discussion and speculation. Until it starts veering into being cruel or unnecessarily spiteful then that’s when it veers into acting immature and childish.

    End of the day we’re just human, we’re going to let things bother and we’re going to express frustrations and vent.

    All that aside and back on topic…

    If we do get new core races next expansion and it’s set on Avaloren/Khaz Algar/what have you - then what will the races likely be?

    I think we can rule out certain races such as Ethereals, Naga, Arakkoa, Saberon, Botani, Tuskarr, Drakonid, Mogu etc. it’s likely Broken and Mok’nathal will get the allied race/customisation treatment.

    I think Ogres are the likeliest they’ve ever been since potentially Cataclysm, especially if Avaloren is Avaloren themed. I think Jinyu have a strong chance. I’ve also been campaigning for Halflings being a possibility for the past so many pages. Vrykul also feel like a very real strong possibility.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-10-10 at 10:39 AM.

  15. #26875
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Did he say he it was the Blizzcon mount or the next expansion's mount? Which makes way more sense considering the whole [Heroic Edition] next to it.

    Honestly, we should look at that list of leaked achievements and cross out the ones that have already been revealed so we can pinpoint what else is to be revealed.
    He was absolutely convinced it was the blizzcon mount.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    if only people could get off Teriz' case for a while, it's like watching a kindergarden...
    If someone starts claiming their speculation as fact, and claiming they "predicted" evokers, and that they are completely right in all their theories? They should be called out when they're wrong, especially if said person is absolutely incapable of saying "Oh shit, seems I was wrong. My bad!"

    Welcome to discussions. Claim stupid facts, get called out on it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's actually not that bad value if you play most Blizzard games.

    The Legendary Pack comes with the Diablo 4 Battlepass and the OW2 Battlepass, so if you were planning to play those anyway, that's it already half price.
    I don't play OW2, I might someday down the line, but as of now? Not really. It just doesn't make me go "wow I have to play!" like OW1 did

  16. #26876
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    They cant and you know it. There is 3 expamples of irracial breeding. And it is Vereesa twins, Arathor and Garona. While Garona is born via magic intervention, Rhonin twins and Arathor is wild card.
    Maybe High Elves can mate with humans, but its hard? Maybe must be some magic incursion to do so. Who knows.
    There is also Lantrezor, but I think his deal same as Garona.
    You list out half elves and then say it is not possible? What clown logic are you running on?

  17. #26877
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Did he say he it was the Blizzcon mount or the next expansion's mount? Which makes way more sense considering the whole [Heroic Edition] next to it.

    Honestly, we should look at that list of leaked achievements and cross out the ones that have already been revealed so we can pinpoint what else is to be revealed.
    I'll repeat; The BlizzCon mount is possibly a hint at the theme of the next expansion because it's an elemental. The Algarian Stormrider is clearly the heroic pre-purchase mount, and it is possibly an air elemental. I have no idea how the posters here got those two arguments confused.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    He was absolutely convinced it was the blizzcon mount.
    Feel free to find a quote where I stated that.

  18. #26878
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post

    I think we can rule out certain races such as Ethereals, Naga, Arakkoa, Saberon, Botani, Tuskarr, Drakonid, Mogu etc. it’s likely Broken and Mok’nathal will get the allied race/customisation treatment.

    I think Ogres are the likeliest they’ve ever been since potentially Cataclysm, especially if Avaloren is Avaloren themed. I think Jinyu have a strong chance. I’ve also been campaigning for Halflings being a possibility for the past so many pages. Vrykul also feel like a very real strong possibility.
    I never really stopped wishing for playable Naga was just aware of how difficult it would be. But with dracthyr playable, everything is possible.

  19. #26879
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Well, you’re simply going to be wrong.
    Not really, since I said it is possible that it is a Gryphon mount. I'm simply stating that I would prefer it be something else, and we have evidence that it might be something else.

  20. #26880
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    If someone starts claiming their speculation as fact, and claiming they "predicted" evokers, and that they are completely right in all their theories? They should be called out when they're wrong, especially if said person is absolutely incapable of saying "Oh shit, seems I was wrong. My bad!"

    Welcome to discussions. Claim stupid facts, get called out on it.
    If it has been called out, you and ten other people do not need to call it out as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •