1. #26881
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not really, since I said it is possible that it is a Gryphon mount. I'm simply stating that I would prefer it be something else, and we have evidence that it might be something else.
    What evidence do we have, exactly?

  2. #26882
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Just for posteritys sake, and not directed at anyone in particular (*cough cough*)

    We already have someone of the "Stormrider" faction.

    It's a dwarf with two gryphons.

    There's also this.
    It should be noted that none of those are mounts themselves, but the actual Dwarves that ride the gryphons. In the examples I showed, the dragon and the elemental are actually called Stormriders.

    In the end, it could be Gryphon mounts, or it could be something else. I'm merely offering alternatives here, and I don't think it's worth arguing over. We'll see in a few weeks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    What evidence do we have, exactly?
    I actually pointed it out in my response to you above.

  3. #26883
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not really, since I said it is possible that it is a Gryphon mount. I'm simply stating that I would prefer it be something else, and we have evidence that it might be something else.
    What evidence?

    I’ve not seen the evidence in your reply to Makorus above. Just that the Dwarves themselves are known as Stormriders and not the Gryphons. But that isn’t evidence that the Algarian Stormrider isn’t a Gryphon. Is your evidence the Stirmrider Elemental from content around 15 years old? Why does that have more credence than content that’s more recent at 5 years old. What makes a Stormrider a Stormrider? We don’t know. We do have evidence that’s been datamined from the Trading Post in regards to the Stormrider’s Arsenal. Is your belief that it will deck us out to look like the below?

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Stormrider

    It’s likely the concept of Dragonriding will carry over, so it’s likely the pre order mount will have those mechanics. Can you see the above elemental not looking silly whilst using the current dragonriding abilities & mechanics?
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-10-10 at 11:01 AM.

  4. #26884
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You list out half elves and then say it is not possible? What clown logic are you running on?
    Your argument is that elves, orcs and Draenei are humans bc they mate can humans. And that is not true. All I saying that it rare occursion. Half orcs half draenei is magic influensed breed. there is 0 half human half draenei. Or half-orc and half-human.
    All we have 2 magic-maked Garona and Lantrezor. And 3 half-elves that from 1 family and dont know about special condition on them. Maybe magic in Dalaran and Outland helps with that, maybe Rhonin and Turalion magic is strong enough to overcome biology. It was stated that half-elves are not common in any sence.
    That is nothing to do with Kul-Tirans and original humans. They are same race. They all decendants of Vrykuls, some more, some less. Same with Mok'Nathals. Ogres and Orcs are relative, so can breed.

  5. #26885
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It should be noted that none of those are mounts themselves, but the actual Dwarves that ride the gryphons. In the examples I showed, the dragon and the elemental are actually called Stormriders.

    In the end, it could be Gryphon mounts, or it could be something else. I'm merely offering alternatives here, and I don't think it's worth arguing over. We'll see in a few weeks.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I actually pointed it out in my response to you above.
    So we have Elementals called Storm Riders. This is where it ends for the Storm Rider = Elemental connection.

    We have a dwarf called a Storm Rider who is accompanied by two Gryphons.
    It's the Algarian Stormrider -> Khaz Algar has dwarves (Earthen are literally called dwarves so don't even bring up that argument).
    We have a weapon pack called the "Stormrider's Stormhammers", weapons used by Gryphon Riders. Additionally, there were loads of other Gryphon Rider cosmetics added.
    The Preorder mount is under the same encryption key as a flying race, called "Storm Rider". Obviously, a race would mean Dragonriding-compatible. Gryphons are the first mount with a different skeleton that were made Dragonriding compatible, in 10.1.7.
    We have datamined textures of a gryphon with customization options.

    It's not a matter of perspective.

    You are aware that you can have the creature they ride be called "Stormriders" and the faction itself? They probably named the creature Stormriders because they were gryphons good at traversing storms. But "Stormrider Rider" would be a shitty name for a faction.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2023-10-10 at 11:03 AM.

  6. #26886
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Your argument is that elves, orcs and Draenei are humans bc they mate can humans. And that is not true. All I saying that it rare occursion. Half orcs half draenei is magic influensed breed. there is 0 half human half draenei. Or half-orc and half-human.
    All we have 2 magic-maked Garona and Lantrezor. And 3 half-elves that from 1 family and dont know about special condition on them. Maybe magic in Dalaran and Outland helps with that, maybe Rhonin and Turalion magic is strong enough to overcome biology. It was stated that half-elves are not common in any sence.
    That is nothing to do with Kul-Tirans and original humans. They are same race. They all decendants of Vrykuls, some more, some less. Same with Mok'Nathals. Ogres and Orcs are relative, so can breed.
    You said Kul Titans are human because they can breed with humans.

    By th logic everything is human because humans can make half-breed with anything.

  7. #26887
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You said Kul Titans are human because they can breed with humans.

    By th logic everything is human because humans can make half-breed with anything.
    And your source is? Only half-breeds with humans are half-elves. And not showing any more half-breeds. Can you? But look at Kul-Tirans. They can, they did, they do and will be. They are humans, just large one. It is not any different race.

  8. #26888
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzmor View Post
    Damn, I love this interpretation!
    To tack on to what Eldryth said. Viewed in this light, it also makes sense he'd go "This isn't Order!". Does "Order" have to mean that it's all tidy and "Order-y", when Titans themselves seem to somewhat be able to align themselves differently, like Eonar being very life-themed, Sargeras breaking off to Disorder/the Legion? I am viewing Order more and more as a balancing force. Elun'ahir wasn't orderly, because it was a threatening amount of "Life", that could potentially be corrupted or used for harm to the World Soul. Which would be correct if the survival of said tree were to pave the way for the Void/OG's. I think the Titans haven't actually changed all that much from what they were, their Charge has just been more contextualized and in that vein, may at times look a little more grey in some aspects.

  9. #26889
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    So we have Elementals called Storm Riders. This is where it ends for the Storm Rider = Elemental connection.

    We have a dwarf called a Storm Rider who is accompanied by two Gryphons.
    It's the Algarian Stormrider -> Khaz Algar has dwarves (Earthen are literally called dwarves so don't even bring up that argument).
    We have a weapon pack called the "Stormrider's Stormhammers", weapons used by Gryphon Riders. Additionally, there were loads of other Gryphon Rider cosmetics added.
    The Preorder mount is under the same encryption key as a flying race, called "Storm Rider". Obviously, a race would mean Dragonriding-compatible. Gryphons are the first mount with a different skeleton that were made Dragonriding compatible, in 10.1.7.
    We have datamined textures of a gryphon with customization options.

    It's not a matter of perspective.

    You are aware that you can have the creature they ride be called "Stormriders" and the faction itself? They probably named the creature Stormriders because they were gryphons good at traversing storms. But "Stormrider Rider" would be a shitty name for a faction.
    I'm on your side, but to be fair, there's nothing wrong with @Teriz presenting his alternative as long as he's not shoving it down everyone's throat as self-evident or fact. To me, the idea that the mount is gryphon also greatly outweights Teriz's proposition, but then it's not that far-fetched. After all, if we're about to get stormy-vibe expansion, storm elemental fits it well. But yeah, I believe it's gryphon.

  10. #26890
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    I'm on your side, but to be fair, there's nothing wrong with @Teriz presenting his alternative as long as he's not shoving it down everyone's throat as self-evident or fact. To me, the idea that the mount is gryphon also greatly outweights Teriz's proposition, but then it's not that far-fetched. After all, if we're about to get stormy-vibe expansion, storm elemental fits it well. But yeah, I believe it's gryphon.
    But we also don’t know that it will be a stormy-vibe expansion.

    The storms surrounding the land to the west could be just as much as a plot point as the mists surrounding Pandaria, which were insignificant past arriving there. The storms are more than likely what stops us from locating and going to this land. Upon breaking the storm they may become irrelevant.

    That said, I do believe if it’s say Avaloren with Khaz Algar, then thunderstorms will be present in that zone. I do think the Elements will play a part too but not in the sense that Teriz is championing (but the goal posts are moving ever so slightly and will continue to do so, just so he can say he predicted the expansion like he did with Evokers). I think the Elements we deal with will be Spirit and Decay. But I think the primary cosmic force of the land we go to will be Life magic.

    If I’m being completely frank, my idea for the Stormrider evidence is that pre-patch wise we’ll get dangerous storms happening in certain zones of the old world, where we have to use our Stormrider mount to navigate the event and dispel it. Then when journey to the new land, the opening expansion event is a scenario with us traversing the storm then stopping it during the levelling so reinforcements can arrive. Past that, I don’t think the storm side of the expansion will be relevant and I don’t think it’ll be tied to the Elements or Elemental Lords as blatantly as people believe. For all we know Xal’atath is conjuring it using some dark magic.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-10-10 at 11:34 AM.

  11. #26891
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    But we also don’t know that it will be a stormy-vibe expansion.
    Well there is very little we know.
    At least not to the extent how we knew about the Shadowlands. Back then it was pretty much 100% knew that is where the story is heading.

  12. #26892
    Man, people spend more time ridiculing Teriz than they do speculating. Sure, it's important to be humble and open-minded but I think some people need to relax.

    ---

    Anyway, I'm really excited about the prospect of a new timeline right now. "Classic +" as a name doesn't do it justice imo.

    Retail is currently about to head into a big clash with the Void in 11.0, which means we will have defeated all the major threats that have been relevant since the RTS games. The Burning Legion. The Scourge and the Lich King. The Old Gods. All of that will effectively be resolved. In one sense, the story of WoW will be over.

    So there's a huge opportunity for drastic measures on both fronts here.

    Classic could open up a new timeline for us to explore, a big "what if" where they get to start over and resolve a bunch of problems. High Elves for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde as a fun pre-order bonus. But it'll remain largely on the two original continents, and avoid issues that arose with cosmic lore, lore power creep, etc.

    HD texture update for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms for both versions of the game.

    Retail, meanwhile, embraces the fun and new era of Warcraft, symbolically leaving the old world behind when we travel west to the other side of Azeroth. It'll try quirky new things, explore new stories, and break some rules.

    I could see myself playing both of these games, but in different ways/mindsets. Old school Warcraft experience in "Classic +", but one that keeps going for years, and just keeping up with the latest in Retail.

    Ooh, they should definitely have Thrall say something like "The winds of change sweep over Azeroth" in the cinematic.

  13. #26893
    What if the storms are storms of decay created by Iridikron by using the essence of Galakrond? It doesn’t have to be a a thunder storm or gale force winds. That would also fit opposing the presumed theme of Life that will be present next expansion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Man, people spend more time ridiculing Teriz than they do speculating. Sure, it's important to be humble and open-minded but I think some people need to relax.

    ---
    Very few people are ridiculing him. They’re responding to him. The posting defending Teriz is getting just as tiresome as the arguing with him. Speculation is still rife.

  14. #26894
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    What evidence?

    I’ve not seen the evidence in your reply to Makorus above. Just that the Dwarves themselves are known as Stormriders and not the Gryphons. But that isn’t evidence that the Algarian Stormrider isn’t a Gryphon. Is your evidence the Stirmrider Elemental from content around 15 years old? Why does that have more credence than content that’s more recent at 5 years old. What makes a Stormrider a Stormrider? We don’t know. We do have evidence that’s been datamined from the Trading Post in regards to the Stormrider’s Arsenal. Is your belief that it will deck us out to look like the below?
    Again, because the Elemental is actually called a Stormrider, and it also utilizes the proper wording; i.e. Stormrider vs Storm Rider.

    As I said in another post, it is entirely possible that the Dwarven stuff in the trading post could be something completely unrelated, because there are several transmogs in the trading post that are not related to anything. It should be noted that the heroic mounts that you get via pre-order have never been interwoven into the game at that level. The only thing they do is look nice and relate to the general thematic of the upcoming expansion. It would be rather odd for the heroic pre-order mount to be related to trading post gear, achievements, and a feature in the current expansion. Perhaps Blizzard is integrating it at a higher level in order to get more pre-orders? Possible, but unlikely.

    Let me reiterate before I am misquoted again; I'm not saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE that the heroic pre-purchase mount could be a gryphon that is related to the trading post gear AND the achievements, I'm simply saying it would be unprecedented, and it leads me to doubt that that is the case.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Stormrider

    It’s likely the concept of Dragonriding will carry over, so it’s likely the pre order mount will have those mechanics. Can you see the above elemental not looking silly whilst using the current dragonriding abilities & mechanics?
    Supposedly all mounts will get dynamic flying enabled at some point, so that isn't really an issue.

  15. #26895
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post

    Anyway, I'm really excited about the prospect of a new timeline right now. "Classic +" as a name doesn't do it justice imo.

    Retail is currently about to head into a big clash with the Void in 11.0, which means we will have defeated all the major threats that have been relevant since the RTS games. The Burning Legion. The Scourge and the Lich King. The Old Gods. All of that will effectively be resolved. In one sense, the story of WoW will be over.

    So there's a huge opportunity for drastic measures on both fronts here.
    I actually hope something like this happens. That would give us a chance for Naz'jatar as a continent. Or the Emerald Dream. Gilneas that isn't half missing. Hell, if we go by its original size it could almost be its own continent.
    If they really want to do something ballsy, they would do something like Garrosh not being defeated at the end of MoP and maintaining his control of the Horde.

  16. #26896
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'll repeat; The BlizzCon mount is possibly a hint at the theme of the next expansion because it's an elemental.
    Doubtful because the mount has been in the files since SL according to the birdman.
    If anything it would’ve been a hint for DF with the expansion’s elemental themes. (And NPCs in the Azure Span using its model)
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-10-10 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  17. #26897
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, because the Elemental is actually called a Stormrider, and it also utilizes the proper wording; i.e. Stormrider vs Storm Rider.

    As I said in another post, it is entirely possible that the Dwarven stuff in the trading post could be something completely unrelated, because there are several transmogs in the trading post that are not related to anything. It should be noted that the heroic mounts that you get via pre-order have never been interwoven into the game at that level. The only thing they do is look nice and relate to the general thematic of the upcoming expansion. It would be rather odd for the heroic pre-order mount to be related to trading post gear, achievements, and a feature in the current expansion. Perhaps Blizzard is integrating it at a higher level in order to get more pre-orders? Possible, but unlikely.

    Let me reiterate before I am misquoted again; I'm not saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE that the heroic pre-purchase mount could be a gryphon that is related to the trading post gear AND the achievements, I'm simply saying it would be unprecedented, and it leads me to doubt that that is the case.



    Supposedly all mounts will get dynamic flying enabled at some point, so that isn't really an issue.
    Wasn’t the Dwarf character Makorus linked a Stormrider as opposed to Storm Rider? Same with the trading post items?

    We know the mount is called the Algarian Stormrider. We know that the trading post items are also named with Stormrider present. Isn’t it far more likely that they will be linked to the mount and Dwarven Stormrider NPC in Stormsong Valley, instead of decking us out to look like a Stormrider elemental from 15 years prior that Blizzard have likely forgotten about. Unless you’re suggesting the Stormrider gear in the Trading Post is themed around Dwarves but isn’t themed around the expansion mount if it is infact the Stormrider elemental in Northrend - but then why on earth would they have two completely separate, unrelated things in game with the exact same name and released around the same time as each other?

    Yeah, it’s likely we’re going to get dynamic flying for all mounts eventually. It’s also pretty much accepted that it’s going to look silly on some mounts. Do you really think the new shiny expansion pre-order mount is going to use a rig that looks completely stupid when utilising dynamic flying? Especially when it might have a focal role in some of the upcoming expansion content? Be real here. It will very much be an issue if we’re given a brand new mount that we’ve paid ti pre-order that looks completely ridiculous when dynamically flying.

  18. #26898
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    So we have Elementals called Storm Riders. This is where it ends for the Storm Rider = Elemental connection.
    No, we have elementals called Stomrider, we have a heroic pre-order mount called Stormrider, and we have Dwarven gryphon riders called Storm Riders.

    A minor difference, but something that we should take into account. Now the Trading post weapons do call the riders Stormriders which is an interesting change. However, it is again referring to the rider and not the gryphon.

    We have a dwarf called a Storm Rider who is accompanied by two Gryphons.
    It's the Algarian Stormrider -> Khaz Algar has dwarves (Earthen are literally called dwarves so don't even bring up that argument).
    We have a weapon pack called the "Stormrider's Stormhammers", weapons used by Gryphon Riders. Additionally, there were loads of other Gryphon Rider cosmetics added.
    The Preorder mount is under the same encryption key as a flying race, called "Storm Rider". Obviously, a race would mean Dragonriding-compatible. Gryphons are the first mount with a different skeleton that were made Dragonriding compatible, in 10.1.7.
    We have datamined textures of a gryphon with customization options.
    And once again, Blizzard has never integrated the heroic pre-purchase mount into the game at that level. We're talking about creating a transmog set and achievements for an item that is traditionally only for vanity purposes. Not saying it is impossible that they've changed how they utilize pre-purchase mounts, but it would be rather unprecedented.

    It's not a matter of perspective.

    You are aware that you can have the creature they ride be called "Stormriders" and the faction itself? They probably named the creature Stormriders because they were gryphons good at traversing storms. But "Stormrider Rider" would be a shitty name for a faction.
    They could, but we already have creatures being called that currently, and they relate to the concept of the next expansion since they are storm elementals themselves. Again you could be completely right that these are gryphones tied to multiple aspects of 10.2, but I'm quite skeptical that that's the case.

  19. #26899
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Wasn’t the Dwarf character Makorus linked a Stormrider as opposed to Storm Rider? Same with the trading post items?

    We know the mount is called the Algarian Stormrider. We know that the trading post items are also named with Stormrider present. Isn’t it far more likely that they will be linked to the mount and Dwarven Stormrider NPC in Stormsong Valley, instead of decking us out to look like a Stormrider elemental from 15 years prior that Blizzard have likely forgotten about. Unless you’re suggesting the Stormrider gear in the Trading Post is themed around Dwarves but isn’t themed around the expansion mount if it is infact the Stormrider elemental in Northrend - but then why on earth would they have two completely separate, unrelated things in game with the exact same name and released around the same time as each other?

    Yeah, it’s likely we’re going to get dynamic flying for all mounts eventually. It’s also pretty much accepted that it’s going to look silly on some mounts. Do you really think the new shiny expansion pre-order mount is going to use a rig that looks completely stupid when utilising dynamic flying? Especially when it might have a focal role in some of the upcoming expansion content? Be real here. It will very much be an issue if we’re given a brand new mount that we’ve paid ti pre-order that looks completely ridiculous when dynamically flying.
    I mean we do call both the rider & the wyvern “Wind riders” on the horde side. Not too far fetched to assume the same for the stormrider thing.
    (That or it’s just a fancy name for the gryphon that doesn’t have much connection to the lore because “Algarian Gryphon” doesn’t have a nice ring to it.)

    I’m assuming that the trading post stuff is connected to the announcement, they seem to try to go for themes almost every month with the trading post.
    Would make sense to have dwarven themed stuff following the announcement of an expansion where we’re going to a dwarven themed place.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And once again, Blizzard has never integrated the heroic pre-purchase mount into the game at that level. We're talking about creating a transmog set and achievements for an item that is traditionally only for vanity purposes. Not saying it is impossible that they've changed how they utilize pre-purchase mounts, but it would be rather unprecedented.
    Didn’t the SL mount have quests attached to it to unlock a whole transmog set?
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-10-10 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  20. #26900
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Wasn’t the Dwarf character Makorus linked a Stormrider as opposed to Storm Rider? Same with the trading post items?
    Oh man this is Voidlors vs Void Lords again, isn't it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •