1. #27161
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I loled so hard at this xD

    Ok I'm trying too:

    World of Warcraft: Avaloren
    World of Warcraft: Reign of the Heretics
    World of Warcraft: The Forgotten Empires
    World of Warcraft: Terizs and the Elements
    World of Warcraft: Battle Of Storms
    World of Warcraft: Westcoast
    This one is the real one for sure

  2. #27162
    I wonder if blizzard has some crazy trading post lineup for november, it's a big month.

  3. #27163
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    The entire dracthyr origin and starting area is a whole plot hole riddled mess. It smells like they knew what point A B and C they wanted, but had no idea how to get there. The devs I mean.
    It's not all that bad I think. The actual origins in how exactly he made them is s bit fuzzy, but I don't think it's that out there that there was a magical Titan macguffin that let Neltharion dominate minds.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  4. #27164
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I wonder if blizzard has some crazy trading post lineup for november, it's a big month.
    My money's on the Scarlet Zealot set and possibly the Dwarf hammers that got datamined recently. Hallow's End has a bunch of Scarlet Crusade questlines this year so it will be fresh in people's minds and the Dwarf stuff is tied, presumably, to Blizzcon, which releases that month.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  5. #27165
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    My money's on the Scarlet Zealot set and possibly the Dwarf hammers that got datamined recently. Hallow's End has a bunch of Scarlet Crusade questlines this year so it will be fresh in people's minds and the Dwarf stuff is tied, presumably, to Blizzcon, which releases that month.
    Could be the hammers although i think they were added to the files in 10.2, right?

    Scarlet stuff i can see, because i think they were added before and current speculation is that 10.2 releases after blizzcon, but who knows.

  6. #27166
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I wonder if blizzard has some crazy trading post lineup for november, it's a big month.
    Perhaps.

    I'm really just expecting to get extra tender for the anniverssary


    Formerly known as Arafal

  7. #27167
    Scarab Lord MCMLXXXII's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Delta swamp of the west
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This one is the real one for sure
    Yep with Bard as new class and only Tinker NPC's.

  8. #27168
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    My guess is that because of what happens to the Thorignir, Odyn will turn the other Keepers hostile towards us and start some "purge" and as a result we go to war against the Titans to prevent this.. So we enlist the aid of the Elemental Lords along with the Incarnate Dragons to fight back against the Keepers. Which all of them get killed resulting in one of them sending a distress beacon to the Titans.
    Titans show up to see what happened to the Keepers.. then Iridikron shows himself along with his void allies to attack the Titans when they arrive.
    A funny thing about Iridikron's plan seems to be there's a good chance the Titans won't come. They have to keep Sargeras imprisoned. So he just released this horrible void thing on the planet for no purpose. Either that or Amitus comes out of hiding. Or some other titan analog shows up. Elune might come, though situations like seem to be what the Night Warrior were for, given that story about Elune & the Dark One.

  9. #27169
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    World of Warcraft: Alestorm
    Dwarf and Storm related. And pirates related of course.
    Followed by the reclamation of Gilneas in the worgen expansion:
    World of WarCraft: Powerwolf
    And then we have to dance with the newly introduced Bard class to strengthen the Pattern and avoid the destruction of everything in
    World of WarCraft: Saltatio Mortis

  10. #27170
    Epic! Pheraz's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,667
    What would be fun if the Heretics would be pig men.
    We got them dog men
    The cat men
    The bird men
    The turtle men
    The walrus men
    The horse men
    Y no pig men though?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

  11. #27171
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    What would be fun if the Heretics would be pig men.
    We got them dog men
    The cat men
    The bird men
    The turtle men
    The walrus men
    The horse men
    Y no pig men though?
    We do have orcs, don't we?

  12. #27172
    Epic! Pheraz's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    We do have orcs, don't we?
    Damn you are right, they are really close to pig men.
    But I would prefer fleshier more pink pig men
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

  13. #27173
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    What would be fun if the Heretics would be pig men.
    We got them dog men
    The cat men
    The bird men
    The turtle men
    The walrus men
    The horse men
    Y no pig men though?
    Quillboar say hello.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2023-10-07 at 01:30 PM.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  14. #27174
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's not all that bad I think. The actual origins in how exactly he made them is s bit fuzzy, but I don't think it's that out there that there was a magical Titan macguffin that let Neltharion dominate minds.
    You mean Neltharion himself created the little skinny boys, but did not create them to be obedient to begin with. Instead he needed a Titan plot device that made them obedient to him and him alone to the point of not even other black dragons could use it. And everyone was totally find with that.
    The mind control plot device had a short signal range so it had to be taken into battle where it can conveniently be destroyed. Also it was made from materials that can be destroyed by the abilities they are going up against.
    There was no backup device nor any failsafe to kill off the dracthyr if the break free from mind control or the control device gets stolen by the enemy.
    After the device was destroyed the dracthyr was locked away because they were too strong to kill. But they didn't design the statis chambers to fail in time even though that would be a pretty good way to kill them all.
    Even though the mind control design did not exist the dracthyr were still ready to receive their new orders from Neltharion. So why was the device even needed?

  15. #27175
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    You mean Neltharion himself created the little skinny boys, but did not create them to be obedient to begin with. Instead he needed a Titan plot device that made them obedient to him and him alone to the point of not even other black dragons could use it. And everyone was totally find with that.
    The mind control plot device had a short signal range so it had to be taken into battle where it can conveniently be destroyed. Also it was made from materials that can be destroyed by the abilities they are going up against.
    There was no backup device nor any failsafe to kill off the dracthyr if the break free from mind control or the control device gets stolen by the enemy.
    After the device was destroyed the dracthyr was locked away because they were too strong to kill. But they didn't design the statis chambers to fail in time even though that would be a pretty good way to kill them all.
    Even though the mind control design did not exist the dracthyr were still ready to receive their new orders from Neltharion. So why was the device even needed?
    Because Neltharion was paranoid. The device wasn't needed, that's actually part of the story.

    But he was so afraid of his warriors suddenly turning on him in a Nanowar (of Steel) that he just never checked and immediately used the gauntlet.

  16. #27176
    Where is Tyr? Is he dead?

  17. #27177
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because Neltharion was paranoid. The device wasn't needed, that's actually part of the story.

    But he was so afraid of his warriors suddenly turning on him in a Nanowar (of Steel) that he just never checked and immediately used the gauntlet.
    If he was so paranoid, why didn't his plan include a failsafe? Because it really didn't. I'm amazed his secret weapons survived his death.

  18. #27178
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    Where is Tyr? Is he dead?
    Tyr's been dead for ages.

    This expansion we built him a new body and are trying to get his memories back in.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  19. #27179
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because Neltharion was paranoid. The device wasn't needed, that's actually part of the story.

    But he was so afraid of his warriors suddenly turning on him in a Nanowar (of Steel) that he just never checked and immediately used the gauntlet.
    Speaking of Neltharion and control devices. What do you guys think they will do with Adamanthia? As far as I'm aware she is still healing up after being stuck in torture for over 10k years.

    Blizzard has been pretty good with tyeing up loose stories in this expansion. I wonder if she'll have a bigger role or will just be a side character.

  20. #27180
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    If he was so paranoid, why didn't his plan include a failsafe? Because it really didn't. I'm amazed his secret weapons survived his death.
    His failsafe was shoving them into the stasis vaults and leaving them there. Also remember that he wasn't exactly sane at that point. Aberrus makes it clear his corruption predates the creation of the Dracthyr. Also remember that they did in fact fail safe. The whole thing was predicated on him never actually making sure any of his measures served any actual purpose.

    This particular "weapon" survived his death by dint of being completely inaccessible to anybody at the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •