10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wasnt that revendreth?
    I suppose, but I was thinking more dark and cob webby like Kara or Waycrest manor.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Preferably two: Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor can be separate if need be. Though if they have been working on this as long as it seems like they have, they could have done enough here and there to do both at once. Max level content wouldn't need to be in every single zone at all times. Focused stories utilizing zones the way BFA did for Darkshore, Arathi, Uldum, and Vale would work. At least the zones next to the relevant ones wouldn't look like they are 15-20 years old anymore.
    They could also just combine zones into bigger interconnected zones like they did with Hillsbrad and Alterac Mountain.

Combining the zones can allow for an easier way to weave a narrative together that expands across multiple fronts without it feeling like they're straining themselves to come up with something for EVERY zone.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Having all the zones combined and scaled up to max level forever (whatever that may be) sounds cool as hell. Could even toss world quests and events into them periodically and have nice evergreen content that way. Only issue is how massive and sweeping a change that is, putting it close to the level of a WoW 2. Is it an easier compromise so people keep their collections of stuff? Could they just do that and revamp a bunch of combat systems and setups alongside it? I have no idea but that's far farrrr beyond the scope of next expansion I'd imagine.

Kinda like the sound of the leak in the other thread going now. Don't think it's any more real than the others but it has cool ideas. Kinda glad this close to Blizzcon I still have no idea what's coming beyond a couple of names.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Nothing i was just joking/being sarcastic. Because you had informed me of First Ones not being order aligned, and later on said what you said before I quoted you. Was just joking.
    Ohhh I getcha lmao.

Yeah no worries man. Wasn't against you or anything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I suppose, but I was thinking more dark and cob webby like Kara or Waycrest manor.
    So you want something like the Drust or so but bigger? Cause that was one of the plots of SL before they seemingly dropped it for no reason.

5+ Year Old Account
    It'll soon be revealed that the First Ones were the Titans all along who, at the end of time, travel back to order the universe and set the cycles in motion. All for the sake of ultimate Order. The Highfather is always one step ahead of the other cosmic forces. They omitted that from Chronicles as not to reveal their hand. Praise the Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    So you want something like the Drust or so but bigger? Cause that was one of the plots of SL before they seemingly dropped it for no reason.
    Well, more like they had other priorities (aka this was around the time the lawsuits became public knowledge and they went into full damage control mode)

That said if there is a "Life Lands" expansion, the Drust could be expanded further into that as well. So it could give them a second chance at an attempt to a Drust focused raid or content.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    It'll soon be revealed that the First Ones were the Titans all along who, at the end of time, travel back to order the universe and set the cycles in motion. All for the sake of ultimate Order. The Highfather is always one step ahead of the other cosmic forces. They omitted that from Chronicles as not to reveal their hand. Praise the Makers.
    They already made it very clear that the Titans and the First Ones are NOT the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Well, more like they had other priorities (aka this was around the time the lawsuits became public knowledge and they went into full damage control mode)

That said if there is a "Life Lands" expansion, the Drust could be expanded further into that as well. So it could give them a second chance at an attempt to a Drust focused raid or content.
    Sure, and imo that could work as well. Maybe have the Drust invade Elunes area and Ardenweald, which would be a perfect lead in to a Thros raid.

That would be great

WoW 2 is an interesting take, but I really doubt Blizzard would pursue it anytime soon. It would be very tricky to do and do it right.

Just look at Everquest. They tried it and split the fanbase, effectively killing both games. Sure, both still exist, but they're shadows of what they once were. They even tried to do it a second time and that one (Everquest Next) crashed before it even got off the ground.

Guild Wars did it, but I don't think the first game gets much attention anymore. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Runescape did it with Old School Runescape, and I could see Blizzard going this route with Classic.

Besides, if Aman'Thul was ahead of every other Force, Zovaal wouldn't have been as close to victory as he was.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, Zovaal was a VERY close call.

How many expansions do you guys think it will take before we come across the First Ones? We still don't know how many there are or who they are. They will probably drip feed that information to us.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    How many expansions do you guys think it will take before we come across the First Ones? We still don't know how many there are or who they are. They will probably drip feed that information to us.
    I hope they fade into obsolescence and we never have to visit another Zereth again.

Kinda hoping never, but if we do ever meet them? Not for a LONG LONG time

- - - Updated - - -

We'll probably see the Void Lords and the Lords of Light before we meet the First Ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Reminder that unlike the Titans, the First Ones don't seem to have a confirmed "form" to them, so who knows if we'll ever be able to see them regardless

10+ Year Old Account
    Not any time soon. Though, if 11.0 does involve Azeroth's world soul as some have speculated the Harbinger's goal does, then we'll likely be up for more lore reveals on them. They've made it clear Azeroth is more than just a titan seed, for better or worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Marlamin , Have you seen anything in the files that could directly or indirectly indicate that the next expansion would be larger than what is typically expected?
    For example, a file loading system that would not be necessary at this time or similar indications.
    I'm just curious, because i think that even if 11.0 is not a world revamp i feel like Blizz will go big this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Not any time soon. Though, if 11.0 does involve Azeroth's world soul as some have speculated the Harbinger's goal does, then we'll likely be up for more lore reveals on them. They've made it clear Azeroth is more than just a titan seed, for better or worse.
    I like to imagine the First Ones gave a very special gift to Azeroth tbh, hence why the Cosmic Forces are so magnetized by it. I doubt the soul itself is a First One, tho it's also likely one of the Progenitors put their essence into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh I getcha lmao.

Yeah no worries man. Wasn't against you or anything

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I was looking forward to spooky Death Forrest zone/raid before we found out it wasn't coming =/ Drustvar is one of the best zones made since Dusk-wood for that vibe. Revendreth was okay, but a little too Disney imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    most people underestimate wow 2, which could bring a breath of fresh air that's definitely needed

and don't even get me started on the "yeah, but no, because people will never want to lose their entire collection"! personally, i don't give a shit about losing everything if it's just to get back on the right foot and experience a new adventure.

however, i don't think Blizzard would take that risk, it's a AAA with no ambition
    Nah man not having access to my vast collection of transmog to make my characters look like their "lore correct" selves and mounts to match would kill any need to play.

Hell it's why I don't really did Classic other than lvling to 60 once and then 70 once in TBC for the nostalgia. Being forced to look like a clown is a dealbreaker now lmao

Besides, if Aman'Thul was ahead of every other Force, Zovaal wouldn't have been as close to victory as he was.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, Zovaal was a VERY close call.
    Zovaal was destined to lose because the first ones foresaw his treachery

Like I'm not even talking shit this is the plot of SL we are the chosen ones and that's why we can travel to the maw

Not our ties to Azeroth
    Not the fact we killed a death titan
    Nope just mysterious ways

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Renown should (and must) be account wide in 11.0+
    Agree, but there should be rewards you can earn after reaching max renown. Tangible rewards. Each 10k rep you get a Paragon Renown level and get a bag. Each Faction has 2-3 mounts that are semi rare. 10% chance per bag or something. Half a dozen pets, some toys, and like 10k gold. Make it worthwhile to keep farming the reps on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    Zovaal was destined to lose because the first ones foresaw his treachery

Like I'm not even talking shit this is the plot of SL we are the chosen ones and that's why we can travel to the maw

Not our ties to Azeroth
    Not the fact we killed a death titan
    Nope just mysterious ways
    They actually explained that whole thing in the Danuser interview from Nobbel.

Basically, it's not so much that we're the chosen ones, it's more so that the Progenitors put those relics and whatnot in place for mortals to use if the Universe ever hit that type of eventuality. As for the Maw Walker stuff? That's just an eventuality Death guys see as a "prophecy". It's akin to IRL prophecies and whatnot. A lot of it is BS, a lot of it isn't, etc.

As for why we in particular are the ones to activate said relics? Idk, I think Azeroth was given a special Progenitor gift tbh.