7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    The only way I could see new content for Classic would be exploring side stories involving minor Vanilla enemies, which technically take place before the reopening of the Dark Portal, or in parallel to early TBC, doesn't have to be specified. I absolutely can't see, and don't want them, 'rebooting' the story, writing content that would contradict later expansions.

One example could be a 'dungeon' set in Elwynn Forest, outlining the canon capture of Hogger, maybe slightly touching the Defias.
    Entrance and start in Goldshire, first heading east following clues, then back west along the river to Hogger's camp.

Best case, this dungeon is then also added to Retail, inserted into the Vanilla/Cata levelling dungeon pool (while it's a maxlevel dungeon with appropriate loot itemLevels akin to BRS for Classic) which would then even justify giving the loot 'new' appearances, maybe some unused stuff from back then, maybe newly designed.
    Yeah that also sounds good - but creating dungeons/models/mounts that are only available in classic would be a big no go lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah that also sounds good - but creating dungeons/models/mounts that are only available in classic would be a big no go lol.
    That's why imo smartest way to add content to Classic Era is where it makes sense - open world. Imagine if whole 1-60 experience would be as good as beginning.

Maybe we can expect some "emergency" 10.2 release date announcement this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For me, DF lacks a standout raid. The two we got so far were average. I hope Amirdrassil can be it. Every other expac had at least one standout raid, many had two.
    Going from say MoP to current day:

MoP - Throne of Thunder and Siege of Org

WoD - In my mind all 3 raids were excellent but general consensus is BRF is the best.

Legion - Nighthold and Antorus but all of the raids stood out for good or poor.

BfA - Dazar’alor but all of the raids stood out.

Shadowlands - Castle Nathria

You’re right, every expansion does have at least one stand out with a few having several. As you’ve said, none of the DF raids stand out. They’re fine, they’re fun. But they aren’t memorable.

I think that’s DF in a nutshell. It’s a fine expansion. For the most part it’s fun, but it’s average. It’s not stand out. None of the 5 man dungeons have been standouts either except for MAYBE Algethar (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    They foreshadowed her turning against Tyr, not necessarily getting corrupted.
    No. The "betrayal" implies acting against their duty/against Order, not against someone specific.
    This is the only factor that is shareable with all of the Aspects in that vision.

Neltharion - corrupted by the Old Gods; no need to go into detail with him.
    Malygos - no betrayal intended; he tried to purge the world of mortal magic users, which is against Order.
    Ysera - was essentially brain-washed by Xavius; no actual consent came from her in that regard, but she still did things that go against her role.
    Nozdormu - since the current timeline now requires Eternus to be completely intact, Nozdormu HAS to become Dornozmu for the Infinite flight (and thus Eternus) to exist.

At 75% they turn into their fully-corrupted versions. Alexstrasza doesn't, because she won't actually become corrupted, but Tyr won't notice it.
    More likely that he'll view Alexstrasza with her choices (Vyranoth, the rebels, the Tree power-up) as getting close to her corruption.
    He will probably try to kill her, and we'll have to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one.
    Say what you will about the actual expansion, but the actual leak thread for BfA was a fucking riot. I loved it. This one is pretty mid so far.
    Pre BfA was peak leak season which was capped off with the most incredible expansion announcement we’ve had. As much as I enjoyed BfA (it’s actually my 3rd favourite expansion, bring out the pitchforks) it’s such a shame it didn’t end up reaching the heights it could and should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For me, DF lacks a standout raid. The two we got so far were average. I hope Amirdrassil can be it. Every other expac had at least one standout raid, many had two.
    Exactly - now you can clearly see that it is an expansion with scraped tiers/parts - which when put together looks like a circus. Nothing worth remembering - no main raid tier dat loook like SoO /e.g. remastered Cavern of time and a great raid with Nozdormu / Galakrond etc.

and about leaks..

I like the increasing effort puted into these leaks

11.0 by blizz:
    Some land / zone hanging in the air like kothria /throne of 4 winds, ZERO new races/classes /more meme augment specs for other classes, meme-revamp of 2-3 zones (upscaled moobs yada yada, not even close to real revamp) - enjoy ur Next Expansion....

Quote Originally Posted by justwatching View Post
    I'm almost 100% certain it will release in August/September.
    This somehow makes sense, and also it doesn't.

It makes sense for them to rush it out as the game is E-M-P-T-Y, and they need the numbers back on track. According to most signs they're pulling a WoD on this expac (which I support 'cause I effing hate DF and am still hoping the next epac could offer me something enjoyable despite the potential theme not being my cup of tea).

But also it doesn't make any sense at all not to align something major like--considering Metzen's back and they hired 200 employees for WoW--a potentially extraordinary expansion's release with the 20th anniversary of WoW, it's like shooting yourself in the foot.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Pre BfA was peak leak season which was capped off with the most incredible expansion announcement we’ve had. As much as I enjoyed BfA (it’s actually my 3rd favourite expansion, bring out the pitchforks) it’s such a shame it didn’t end up reaching the heights it could and should have.
    You know what I hate most about BfA? It was a few bad decisions away from being phenomenal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yzmor View Post
    This somehow makes sense, and also it doesn't.

It makes sense for them to rush it out as the game is E-M-P-T-Y, and they need the numbers back on track. According to most signs they're pulling a WoD on this expac
    Imagine pulling an emergency exit from the "sorry we fucked up SL" expansion.

You know what I hate most about BfA? It was a few bad decisions away from being phenomenal.
    beta for azeroth till .2 patch / great, but not developed ideas:

WarFronts - cool af - but only boring pve meme /afk (2 Warfront [atleast] SCRAPPED) BIG PVP WARFRONT WHERE
    N'Zonth Visions - cool af (done over 800 of them) but only ogri and Sw (rumors about other main cities scrapped again)
    Heart of Azeroth - cool af (---aded abit late to the game but still cool)
    Corruptions - fine
    Gear with azerithe power? - debatable, but it worked f.i.n.e instead of tier sets
    also
    Isle Expeditions - cool af -but not developed futher again (rumors about scrapped raids in this theme)

Cool zones /cool raids

Quote Originally Posted by vintage79 View Post
    beta for azeroth till .2 patch / great, but not developed ideas:

WarFronts - cool af - but only boring pve meme /afk (2 Warfront [atleast] SCRAPPED) BIG PVP WARFRONT WHERE
    N'Zonth Visions - cool af (done over 800 of them) but only ogri and Sw (rumors about other main cities scrapped again)
    Heart of Azeroth - cool af (---aded abit late to the game but still cool)
    Corruptions - fine
    Gear with azerithe power? - debatable, but it worked f.i.n.e instead of tier sets

Cool zones /cool raids
    Corruptions and azerite armor are imho the greatest sins of BfA, then add scrapped content and one of the worst stories we ever got

Edit: and you know what's worst, the Heart of Azeroth. They got the idea of a spec-agnostic gear piece to replace artifact weapons and they underused it, criminally I dare say. They could have made "relics" (they got essences then), cosmetics, customizations tied to old and new content and instead they did nothing.

Edit 2: and don't get me started on Islands
    Last edited by NikolaiShade; 2023-10-11 at 11:06 AM.

Those choices were pretty inherent to what we had though. Azerite Armor needed a complete rethink, or scrapping entirely in favor of the essence system we got in 8.2. Both Islands and Warfronts were designed inherently wrong in that Islands were designed around PvP, and Warfronts were designed around 30 players. The story similary needed to be rewritten almost from the ground up if you wanted to make it work. And the start of the expansion and the end of the expansion were so incongrous that you would have needed to fully change one of them. Either remove the faction war and make it entirely South Seas/Naga, with Old Gods. Or remove 8.3 and make a faction war themed finale instead.

Still. BfA is definitely the expansion that by far had the most potential to start out with. Shame it wasted all of them.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The amount of effort that went into BfA was insane. It matched the effort of Legion and that's despite how much content late Legion had. I cannot imagine the amount of work that went into getting those two expacs back to back.

like I said its- debatable - but in (some form) i liked diffrent type on conent to do instead of raids / m+ with a reward futher icreasing my char power - (visions->azerite powers) funny how BFA story was (back then) and now its still 10x more better than DF hahahah

Imagine pulling an emergency exit from the "sorry we fucked up SL" expansion.
    I can only see it working if the lack of 10.3 is framed as a final fix to the ever pushed back expansion launches. Finally bringing us back to a late summer release, rather than an early winter one. Having an expansion start right as people are gearing up to take a long break to celebrate the holidays is hardly a winning strategy.

I would expect them to not pull any punches in making 11.0 seem incredible though, if they want any chance at removing the taint of "failed expansion" that will haunt DF forever. And DF 2.0 with Dragons replaced with Dwarves doesnt seem to be that just yet.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Those choices were pretty inherent to what we had though. Azerite Armor needed a complete rethink, or scrapping entirely in favor of the essence system we got in 8.2. Both Islands and Warfronts were designed inherently wrong in that Islands were designed around PvP, and Warfronts were designed around 30 players. The story similary needed to be rewritten almost from the ground up if you wanted to make it work. And the start of the expansion and the end of the expansion were so incongrous that you would have needed to fully change one of them. Either remove the faction war and make it entirely South Seas/Naga, with Old Gods. Or remove 8.3 and make a faction war themed finale instead.

Still. BfA is definitely the expansion that by far had the most potential to start out with. Shame it wasted all of them.
    The story of BfA could have worked if you introduced a bipartisan group of cultists of n'zoth as instigators of the war. Sylvanas simply takes advantage of the war to feed the maw.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Corruptions and azerite armor are imho the greatest sins of BfA, then add scrapped content and one of the worst stories we ever got
    Like I said, there were bad decisions. But we also had two awesome continents, nice new races, a ton of new features and in-game CGI cinematics.
    There was a lot of potential there.
    Yes, the story was terrible, but a lot of parts could have had easy fixes. Like Switching up Lordaeron and Teldrassil.

I've rarely found raids to be great, I have a few that I think are amazing but in the whole wow history, that's not a lot. Namely :
    MoP - Throne of Thunder
    WoD - Blackrock Foundry
    BfA - Battle for Dazar'Alor
    Shadowlands - Castle Nathria

I have a special place for WoD - Highmaul Citadel in my heart but it's just the settings and the music that are amazing, mechanically the raid is quite weak (RISE MOUNTAIN !)

This expansion had some mechanically and visually good raids but nothing that stood out as amazing. Vault of thr incarnates is a strong raid in my opinion even if their decision to dhare mechanics between a few bosses is surprising.

I think the whole debate over quantity of raids, dungeons and patches is kind of moot because we already know the answer to this. If quality of the expac was great, the complaint over quantity would be minimal. It's not great and if that's the quality they're aiming for then higher quantity is definitely worth asking for

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    The story of BfA could have worked if you introduced a bipartisan group of cultists of n'zoth as instigators of the war. Sylvanas simply takes advantasge of the war to feed the maw and you got yourself a better story
    Or that, yes. Same how the Twilight Hammer implicated Garrosh in a Druid Massacre in the Shattering novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    No. The "betrayal" implies acting against their duty/against Order, not against someone specific.
    This is the only factor that is shareable with all of the Aspects in that vision.

Neltharion - corrupted by the Old Gods; no need to go into detail with him.
    Malygos - no betrayal intended; he tried to purge the world of mortal magic users, which is against Order.
    Ysera - was essentially brain-washed by Xavius; no actual consent came from her in that regard, but she still did things that go against her role.
    Nozdormu - since the current timeline now requires Eternus to be completely intact, Nozdormu HAS to become Dornozmu for the Infinite flight (and thus Eternus) to exist.

At 75% they turn into their fully-corrupted versions. Alexstrasza doesn't, because she won't actually become corrupted, but Tyr won't notice it.
    More likely that he'll view Alexstrasza with her choices (Vyranoth, the rebels, the Tree power-up) as getting close to her corruption.
    He will probably try to kill her, and we'll have to stop him.
    Except we don't know anything about Tyr aside from his few memories and legends woven about him, but I don't think he'd go hostile towards Alexstraza over something like Vyranoth. Even in the memory when he sees all the aspects turn against him, he doesn't seem to care nor worry that he'll get betrayed.

If it were Odyn, on the other hand, yeah he would definitely kill Vyranoth and the other aspects if it meant to keep Order in place.