1. #27401
    Dunno if it's been discussed yet, but this Tweet is very interesting.

    https://twitter.com/TripdWyr/status/1710768187468640731

    He worked on the Warlock Customization options, the Dark Ranger customization and Dragonriding Customization. Generally, customization.

    Dunno if he is referring to the next PTR build or 10.2.5.

  2. #27402
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Okay, your comment did bring up a good point, which is Mythic Raid Mounts. I think they are fine with being a low drop chance IF they were a 100% during the relevant expansion.

    But yeah, realistically, even if killing the rare gives you a currency, and you need to kill it 100 times, it's still not great, but it's better than it being completely random

    Does the person who gets it after the first kill feel accomplished? No, of course not, they are just happy they don't have to kill the rare again?

    Does the person who gets it after killing the Rare 500 times feel accomplished? No, they are just glad it's over.
    I wasn't necessarely speaking about killing the same monster for the currency. I pointed out anima as a global currency which is cool way but maybe there's more to do elsewhere. In DF, we have a shitload of grey useless items who seems to be here for the sole purpose of filling your inventory while giving up very meaningless informations about the lore. Maybe we can have those items in different rarity type instead like we had with the same expansion and they could serve as currency.

    One of the most well done thing in early DF was the way you had to farm mount. There was almost no "Kill this rare 1000 times". Most of them was their own specific little quest and that's the direction they should take in the future in my opinion.

  3. #27403
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Dunno if it's been discussed yet, but this Tweet is very interesting.

    https://twitter.com/TripdWyr/status/1710768187468640731

    He worked on the Warlock Customization options, the Dark Ranger customization and Dragonriding Customization. Generally, customization.

    Dunno if he is referring to the next PTR build or 10.2.5.
    Sounds more like 10.2.5 but i don't know what it can mean, boomkin are getting new stuff in 10.2 so maybe DK pets? Draenei got eredar customization

    Red orcs? Dragonmaw customization? 10.2.5 would be also after blizzcon so maybe there will be some 2 new allied races with preorder. who knows.

  4. #27404
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,586
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Sounds more like 10.2.5 but i don't know what it can mean, boomkin are getting new stuff in 10.2 so maybe DK pets? Draenei got eredar customization

    Red orcs? Dragonmaw customization? 10.2.5 would be also after blizzcon so maybe there will be some 2 new allied races with preorder. who knows.
    New DH wings please

  5. #27405
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    Alternative Shadowform visuals please.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  6. #27406
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Alternative Shadowform visuals please.
    Ahh Shadowform. An ability literally begging to be revamped.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    New DH wings please
    For real though. Imagine Black birdlike wings like a fallen angel.

  7. #27407
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Alternative Shadowform visuals please.
    Lightform for the edgier edge-lords, so edgy they look plain

  8. #27408
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Sounds more like 10.2.5 but i don't know what it can mean, boomkin are getting new stuff in 10.2 so maybe DK pets? Draenei got eredar customization

    Red orcs? Dragonmaw customization? 10.2.5 would be also after blizzcon so maybe there will be some 2 new allied races with preorder. who knows.
    Isn't roadmap tells us about new BE customisations?

  9. #27409
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Isn't roadmap tells us about new BE customisations?
    they get new hair colors or something.

    Another thing is that BE already had enough of new stuff from Blizzard, other races exist too.

  10. #27410
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Isn't roadmap tells us about new BE customisations?
    You think that is all? Dude is acting like we are getting a christmas present or something.

  11. #27411
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Isn't roadmap tells us about new BE customisations?
    That was 10.1.7.

    And it was some hair colours.

    There is no roadmap for 10.2.5/10.2.7 yet.

  12. #27412
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    That was 10.1.7.

    And it was some hair colours.

    There is no roadmap for 10.2.5/10.2.7 yet.
    Is there any chance 10.2.7 will already be the prepatch? That would certainly explain the absence.

  13. #27413
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Ahh Shadowform. An ability literally begging to be revamped.

    - - - Updated - - -



    For real though. Imagine Black birdlike wings like a fallen angel.
    Shadowform has no purpose to be in the game still outside of being a cosmetic RP ability.
    It's incredibly annoying when you randomly get booted out of Shadowform for the dumbest thing and you just do like 10% less damage. I get that it's easy to notice you are not in it anymore, but I don't always my eyes glued to my character.

    There is no negative to having it on either, so you might as well just make the damage baseline. At least with Boomkin form, you have certain spells you can't cast in Moonkin form and there is advantages and disadvantages.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Is there any chance 10.2.7 will already be the prepatch? That would certainly explain the absence.
    Assuming 7th is the release date for 10.2, 10.2.5 would probably be late January, and 10.2.7 would roughly be late March/early April.

    Might be a bit too early for Prepatch but hard to say.

  14. #27414
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Shadowform has no purpose to be in the game still outside of being a cosmetic ability.
    It's incredibly annoying when you randomly get booted out of Shadowform for the dumbest thing and you just do like 10% less damage.

    There is no negative to having it on either, so you might as well just make the damage baseline. At least with Boomkin form, you have certain spells you can't cast in Moonkin form and there is advantages and disadvantages.
    Exactly. It is a one button toggle that you leave on and that is it. It is bullshit. If it were like voidform where you need to build up resources for it and need to work on it to keep it up and/or have abilities unavailable in Shadowform like with Moonkin, it could be fun. But this way it is basically a passive trait that takes up a slot on your hotbar.

  15. #27415
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Shadowform has no purpose to be in the game still outside of being a cosmetic ability.
    It's incredibly annoying when you randomly get booted out of Shadowform for the dumbest thing and you just do like 10% less damage.

    There is no negative to having it on either, so you might as well just make the damage baseline. At least with Boomkin form, you have certain spells you can't cast in Moonkin form and there is advantages and disadvantages.
    Quite sure that Shadowform is at the bottom of Shadow players concern list. This spec received two reworks in DF so far, and it keeps getting worse (state of 10.2 PTR is just kekw). Every other spec rework has been great, but for some reason Blizz is unable to land it with Shadow.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  16. #27416
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

    Might be a bit too early for Prepatch but hard to say.
    Depends on how ahead they are in development for 11.0
    And when the last raid tier is going to be.

  17. #27417
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Exactly. It is a one button toggle that you leave on and that is it. It is bullshit. If it were like voidform where you need to build up resources for it and need to work on it to keep it up and/or have abilities unavailable in Shadowform like with Moonkin, it could be fun. But this way it is basically a passive trait that takes up a slot on your hotbar.
    I'd rather you not advocate for the removal one one of the handful of flavorful personal buffs left in the game. It's bad enough they gutted the warlock, hunter, DK and paladin ones.

  18. #27418
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Quite sure that Shadowform is at the bottom of Shadow players concern list. This spec received two reworks in DF so far, and it keeps getting worse (state of 10.2 PTR is just kekw). Every other spec rework has been great, but for some reason Blizz is unable to land it with Shadow.
    Honestly, they should just start over with Shadow Priest.

    They keep reiterating, and add on more and more, and it just gets a nightmare to balance because they are probably the spec with the most actual buttons (other than Brewmaster, maybe).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'd rather you not advocate for the removal one one of the handful of flavorful personal buffs left in the game. It's bad enough they gutted the warlock, hunter, DK and paladin ones.
    What flavour does it have?
    10% extra damage?

    It's not even a "personal buff". It's a stance that you have no reason to ever leave.

    No one is saying to remove it but you might as well decouple it from the actual damage bonus bit and make it a purely cosmetic ability.

  19. #27419
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Sounds more like 10.2.5 but i don't know what it can mean, boomkin are getting new stuff in 10.2 so maybe DK pets? Draenei got eredar customization

    Red orcs? Dragonmaw customization? 10.2.5 would be also after blizzcon so maybe there will be some 2 new allied races with preorder. who knows.
    Maybe we'll get fire elves ?

  20. #27420

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •