Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Dwarf looking ogres?

If that's supposed to be a leak from the web development team, wouldn't that be the easiest thing to track down? Like, I can't imagine someone putting at risk so much so easily.

Nevertheless, it's a pretty nice quality for a leak, somewhat believable

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think we’ll have a return of N’Zoth in the form of him (or his essence) being contained in the Blade of the Black Empire?

I know the blade kind of just *poofed* after Wrathion stabbed N’Zoth, but… it couldn’t really just disintegrate like that… could it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's even worse when you think about the peak BfA could've reached if played out properly, with separated storylines (Old Gods and faction war).

- - - Updated - - -

Problem is, none of the "endbosses" are remotely exciting. We never heard of them before Dragonflight, so there's no reason to care about them. They came and went and will forever be forgotten. It could have worked with Raszageth, but to have this lame ass raid in 10.1 with a completely irrelevant side character... that doesn't build tension. And now Fyrakk? Three side character bosses that had a shelf life of <1 year in a row just doesn't work.
    Vanilla: Kel'Thuzad
    TBC: Kil'Jaeden
    Wrath: Arthas
    Cata: Deathwing
    Mop: Garrosh
    WoD: Archimonde
    Legion: Argus
    BfA: N'Zoth
    SL: Zovaal
    Dragonflight: Fyrakk

Yeah most expansions understood the assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Couldnt tell you. I got married last week so I only returned to 100+ pages today and saw Bells vid on YT.
    Congrats!

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    first the tinker
    Tinker would be nice, but I honestly don’t see it happening unless blizzard breaks their rule of having the class match the expansion theme. I just don’t see a technology themed expansion. (Unless it’s Titan related? But idk if that’d be the same)

I think BfA would have been the best expansion to add them, and if Legion wasn’t the expansion before I think they definitely would have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Do you think we’ll have a return of N’Zoth in the form of him (or his essence) being contained in the Blade of the Black Empire?

I know the blade kind of just *poofed* after Wrathion stabbed N’Zoth, but… it couldn’t really just disintegrate like that… could it?
    To quote Xul from Diablo Immortal: No corpse, not dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Couldnt tell you. I got married last week so I only returned to 100+ pages today and saw Bells vid on YT.
    Wow, congrats

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Just give us Bard either as a Rogue spec or it’s own class in 11.0, please.
    When ever some one mention this, I see this semi femenine guy in front of me, jumping around with hes flutes and a bunch of rats behind him.

Idk, the whole thing sounds really lame to me.. barb. :s

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

Crazy Internet Theory: we meet N'zoth in a trip to the past during DF and he recognizes us. So the theory is basically that meeting us in the past N'zoth has been able to pinpoint wich possible future he will find himself in and so he could have created contingency plans. Xal'atath could be the Harbinger and the figure in the portal, so the involvement of the old gods is almost assured.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Looks like most of those are just name changes to the Legion appearances though.
    I'm talking about the naming style of "Full Transformation - XY", which to paraphrase Marlamin could just be for consistency, but might also mean there'll be forms beyond the Moonkin one which you can further customize, presumably the existing racial forms, and/or new neutral ones to which you can add racial flavor via specific customizations.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Two reasons:

1. A lot of people simply left and never came back. Or didn't come back yet. Dragonflight is just so incredibly boring. I mean it's not bad like Shadowlands, it's just... meh. Maybe that's worse, because people don't even hate on it, they simply don't care anymore.

2. The "datamined" or suggested stuff for the upcoming expansion is just another random nonsense that doesn't create any interest besides the usual lore-fanboys or people that are lurking here. Imagine if the upcoming expansion is indeed the Dwarf snooze fest. Why would anyone outside of the mentioned bubble even care? It's too random and too niche to peak any interest. WoW needs another Legion and not another WoD.

As of now, Metzen is really the only reedeming grace and that is solely built on copium at this point because there's nothing to back it up... yet. It's so sad when Classic HC creates more hype and interest than any major patch of your recent expansion. That just shouldn't be the case... at all.

WoD was never meant to be that. Annual expansions would structurally be different as well. More like "seasons" that last for one year. Would this be better for WoW? Most likely not. But it would totally fall in line with all their battle pass / season bullsh*ttery from Diablo, Hearthstone & Co. And something like this could revive WoW when it's done right and not overpriced.
    True, but that isn't going to work for WoW even if they try to hamfist it into the game. They know full well not to temper with WoW's structure or else it'll be bad news. (Even if they wanted to, they could've done so at any point in previous expansions.)

Still, if Microsoft gave Blizz more freedom to adjust deadlines and make for time then Blizz could work on a revamp and make the game a fresh start for people. That is why Classic has such an appeal, it's an entirely fresh start back to 0. So the whole, "They won't have enough time or resources to make a revamp" isn't going to matter much once Microsoft takes over.

At least, that's the underlying hope in all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Vanilla: Kel'Thuzad
    TBC: Kil'Jaeden
    Wrath: Arthas
    Cata: Deathwing
    Mop: Garrosh
    WoD: Archimonde
    Legion: Argus
    BfA: N'Zoth
    SL: Zovaal
    Dragonflight: Fyrakk

Yeah most expansions understood the assignment.
    Shadowlands at least had some iconic characters as bosses like Kel'Thuzad, Sylvanas and Anduin. At least we knew them before and they were memorable. But Dragonflight? We have a random Grimtotem in Vault, Echo of Neltharion in Abberus and Smolderon in Amirdrassil - these are the most known characters in all of the DF raids. Like... honestly? The Incarnates fail as major threats as much as Zovaal because we didn't know about them before their expansion. There's neither tension nor interest and Blizzard failed again to build any of that during the respective expansion. That's why Iridikron being the new "Gul'dan" is a good thing and leaves something to expect for the next expansion.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2023-10-11 at 12:14 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    When ever some one mention this, I see this semi femenine guy in front of me, jumping around with hes flutes and a bunch of rats behind him.

Idk, the whole thing sounds really lame to me.. barb. :s
    Well, the citizens of Hamelin also thought that mental picture was funny.

Until it wasn't.

Shadowlands at least had some iconic characters as bosses like Kel'Thuzad, Sylvanas and Anduin. At least we knew them before and they were memorable. But Dragonflight? We have a random Grimtotem in Vault, Echo of Neltharion in Abberus and Smolderon in Amirdrassil - these are the most known characters in all of the DF raids. Like... honestly?
    Does every raid need to bring back some random obscure character from WC3 to be good?

All villains from DF have been alright (Raszageth is probably the worst, to be fair, but then again you get the least of her).

5+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands at least had some iconic characters as bosses like Kel'Thuzad, Sylvanas and Anduin. At least we knew them before and they were memorable. But Dragonflight? We have a random Grimtotem in Vault, Echo of Neltharion in Abberus and Smolderon in Amirdrassil - these are the most known characters in all of the DF raids. Like... honestly? The Incarnates fail as major threats as much as Zovaal because we didn't know about them before their expansion. There's neither tension nor interest and Blizzard failed again to build any of that during the respective expansion. That's why Iridikron being the new "Gul'dan" is a good thing and leaves something to expect for the next expansion.
    Oh for sure. I mean Argus was also an asspull, but we fought many characters that we have known for years now.
    I just listed the end bosses of the expansions.
    Also regardless of anything else about Zovaal, it was pretty clear during BgA that Sylvanas had a boss who pumped up her death magic. We just couldn't give a face and name to that unknown entity. Nothing suggested the Incarnates existed before DF.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Does every raid need to bring back some random obscure character from WC3 to be good?

All villains from DF have been alright (Raszageth is probably the worst, to be fair, but then again you get the least of her).
    No, absolutely not. The bosses you face - at least the endbosses - should be well-known and interesting though. And in Dragonflight, neither the normal nor the final bosses are remotely interesting. And that's the problem: being alright three times in a row is not enough. There's no climax. Dragonflight's raids / raid bosses started flat and then just stayed flat.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think that’s DF in a nutshell. It’s a fine expansion. For the most part it’s fun, but it’s average. It’s not stand out. None of the 5 man dungeons have been standouts either except for MAYBE Algethar (in my opinion).
    It think as a base for gameplay, talents and gearing, world quests being fun again, crafting, more variety in transmogs via trading post, bringing finally some long requested transmogs to the loot table like gorehowl and now in 10.2 ravencrest sword for example.. dragonflight is really doing a good job with that.

I mostly do normal raids, i don't m+, im focusing on open world stuff - The open world stuff like i mentioned in my other comment is super boring this expansion and i love invasion like events when it's not overdone and doesn't feel like every event almost feels the same in a way.

But it's like you said nothing really stands out or does impact on me when it comes to overall feeling and atmosphere of this expansion, hardly anything that will actually make me think back of DF besides the fact that it just happened, i won't come back to watching the cutscenes or cinematics etc to hype myself up, because there's nothing that will do it so far..

The 2 things i will remember from actual new content so far are - Forbidden reach when it started with rare hunting and megadungeon, but these are always great.

Overall i think that there's nothing gigantic and very creative, longlasting feature in DF that would justify it not having 10.3 and i don't really care about the size of zones.

No, absolutely not. The bosses you face - at least the endbosses - should be well-known and interesting though. And in Dragonflight, neither the normal nor the final bosses are remotely interesting. And that's the problem: being alright three times in a row is not enough. There's no climax. Dragonflight's raids / raid bosses started flat and then just stayed flat.
    idk. I think Fyrakk is an interesting enough villain. Is he a Garrosh-level endboss? Absolutely not.

Certainly more build up than something like Kil'jaeden in TBC who was the definition of "Oh, I remember him!" with no actual substance

I'd sooner expect expansions having x.2 as the final major patch to be the new norm rather than it signaling something huge for 11.0.

An earlier release doesn't do me any good when they're still asking me to pay $50 per expansion. Hell, that $50 used to include a level boost and now it doesn't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    idk. I think Fyrakk is an interesting enough villain. Is he a Garrosh-level endboss? Absolutely not.

Certainly more build up than something like Kil'jaeden in TBC who was the definition of "Oh, I remember him!" with no actual substance
    Yes, TBC had a problem of hyping up Illdian as a poster child then killing him off in the first patch. After that we had a Troll detour and after that it was Kael back with Kil'Jaeden. Not much buildup in the expansion itself.
    But we have to consider two things.
    1. KJ had plenty of buildup in TFT
    2. It was the very first expansion, so things are bound to be a bit undercooked. But the ninth expansion has no such excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’d also like a Tinker at some point but I feel like it’ll only show up when we see Undermine.
    There’s a chance we’ll see Undermine in 11.0, so who knows?