Quote Originally Posted by vintage79 View Post
    Let's go Pirate expansion confirmed xD
    You're dangerously treading on the border of getting banned, for your own good, I'd advise you to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Tbf we’ve gotten there before.
    The Bolvar leak was debated to be fake. And the Dracthyr one was debated to be fake because of “collision/clipping issues in the model” or that it sounded too much like Venthyr/Val’kyr.
    Cinematic and concept art leaks will almost certainly be seen as fake. But I think in-game leaks, or old fashioned written leaks are more likely to be believed given the percieved difficulty in making them look or sound real.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

oh didnt know we have a ai mod here ok
    You don't need a mod for that, you have been politely asked by the fellow posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Cinematic and concept art leaks will almost certainly be seen as fake. But I think in-game leaks, or old fashioned written leaks are more likely to be believed given the percieved difficulty in making them look or sound real.
    I unno. I'm starting to think we might get the golden goose.

An expansion that doesn't leak.

1+ Year Old Account
    Even with certain things the in-game stuff can be fake.
    Like the 8.3 “siege of Stormwind” one or the “10.0 revamped Dalaran/Lordaeron” ones that were pretty convincing at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    You're dangerously treading on the border of getting banned, for your own good, I'd advise you to stop it.
    oh no call the police!

remind me 10 more times - and stop getting tense about a 20-year-old game - maybe it's time to get out of the house a little and catch some air huh?

I think a lot of the Dracthyr doubt was because people thought it looked goofy and not really in WoWs style (expecting it to be more like the dragonkin we were familiar with). Plus, if I remember right, both it and the cinematic weren't the best quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh didnt know we have a ai mod here ok
    It's just so that we stay on topic.

The images are also quite large if you're on PC (unless you're resizing them; I can't tell since I'm on mobile) so that can make them extra disruptive to other users.

AI is fun to play around with so I can't fault you for wanting to share, but since there is a separate thread for it, I see no reason not to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Even with certain things the in-game stuff can be fake.
    Like the 8.3 “siege of Stormwind” one or the “10.0 revamped Dalaran/Lordaeron” ones that were pretty convincing at first.
    They are, but they are also more difficult to make with AI, at least convincingly. "Realistic" CG is much easier to make since there is such a large pool of images to draw from.

Still, competent leakers should be able to avoid the usual pitfalls of AI images by cropping or being very selective about what images to choose. Or for that matter photoshopping the artifacts away.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    This uses the old UI?
    it was posted in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I think a lot of the Dracthyr doubt was because people thought it looked goofy and not really in WoWs style (expecting it to be more like the dragonkin we were familiar with). Plus, if I remember right, both it and the cinematic weren't the best quality.
    Still don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    I unno. I'm starting to think we might get the golden goose.

An expansion that doesn't leak.
    Yeah try saying that in the week leading up to the con. There is always something coming through the cracks. Every single time.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Honestly I can't remember much of the discussion surrounding the Dracthyr leak. I vaguely remember there being confusion around someone mistranslating it to Drek'thar somehow, which made it seem sillier than it probably would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Yeah try saying that in the week leading up to the con. There is always something coming through the cracks. Every single time.
    I want to believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Still don't believe it.
    I remember feeling physically nauseous when it dawned on me that they were real. I didn't want those... things... in the game. I still don't.

The leaked images of the DF cinematic trailer were not. Though it has been a while since I saw them.
    They were vague/low quality, but they were not phone pictures or at the weird classical leak angle.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Honestly I can't remember much of the discussion surrounding the Dracthyr leak. I vaguely remember there being confusion around someone mistranslating it to Drek'thar somehow, which made it seem sillier than it probably would have been.
    Scaleface said that the new class is named after a Mage spell, and that the new race name is similar to Drek'thar.

Something always leaks. It's actually weird that not more details leak when you consider all the outside labour needed for things like posters and merchandise that needs premade for Blizzcon.

right

before BFA exp we had this pre-blizzcon streams - with crates of Tel'Abim bananas - details matter
    befofre SL - blue eyes lich king - 'no fakin way' it was real etc

ok, assuming the Carrack thing is semi-true. Could an Algarian Stormrider be a name of a ship? We all assumed it was a flying mount. But would a ship work? Riding the Storm with sails on the sea?