1. #28181
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They could easily go the SW:TOR route and make a bg that's actually based on sports. Huttball was hugely fun back when it came out, and they could easily reskin the concept based on goblins vs gnomes in Gadgetzan. Basically warcrafts answer to Bloodbowl!
    New sport for orcs: Thrall's Balls

  2. #28182
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    No chance of Sylvanas showing up again in a prominent role anytime soon. I can't imagine we'll see any serious Sylvanas content for a good couple expansions.

    Thrall is very likely to return. He's a big Warcraft character to generate hype, and Metzen is back.

    World Revamp I don't think is happening this time round. For my money the likely option is Avaloren backed up by either South Seas/Seafaring and an underground expansion as the two other likely options.

    New class I agree. I think we'll get some new specs for certain classes but not all. For some reason I can't help but think; Rogue (Bard, Support), Warrior (Gladiator or Commander, Support), Shaman (Earthwarden, Tank), Mage (Time or Blood, Healer).

    Class Skins are definitely a possibility, but I think they're most fitting for a World Revamp expansion.

    Player Housing I don't think will happen until World Revamp.

    Agree with race. I think Ogres are a very real possibility. Broken in some form, whether as customisation or Allied Races. I have a sneaking suspicion that Halflings may finally show up. Vrykul's are possible too. Jinyu are also likely. I'd love a more humanoid, practical ape like race to scratch that itch instead of Hozen.

    We've not had a BG since Legion, I don't expect one to come now. Especially with the HvA conflict on the back burner.

    No borrowed power, I think that's a relic of the past.
    I see us getting an account wide ap like grind with limited player power and lots of QoL and outdoor bonuses. Path of the Titans is making a return alongside revamped Archeology as the two new big features.

  3. #28183
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    New sport for orcs: Thrall's Balls
    Nah, that would be someone being tagged as Aggra and keeping the balls in their purse.

  4. #28184
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I see us getting an account wide ap like grind with limited player power and lots of QoL and outdoor bonuses. Path of the Titans is making a return alongside revamped Archeology as the two new big features.
    Something that never made it out of concept phase can't make a return lol. Also they wouldn't use the same name just to point out that they scrapped another feature in the past.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  5. #28185
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I see us getting an account wide ap like grind with limited player power and lots of QoL and outdoor bonuses.
    That kinda sounds like the Legacy system in SWTOR.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah, that would be someone being tagged as Aggra and keeping the balls in their purse.
    Not a fan of her, I take it.

  6. #28186
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    That kinda sounds like the Legacy system in SWTOR.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not a fan of her, I take it.
    Or in worst case D3's paragon .... na, I don't think we need an ap grind anymore. Why would you take the worst thing from the artifacts system, instead of the best part (the appearance customization system, and even that had the huge problem that suddenly, they couldn't really give you the weapons of bosses anymore although that's prolly the best part about the whole game lol?).

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  7. #28187
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Not a fan of her, I take it.
    Not a fan of someone who effectively comes and says
    "Your entire life is worthless. You are a bad shaman and you should feel bad. Why are you not a proper orc? Forget everything and become the type of orc I tell you to be"

  8. #28188
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not a fan of someone who effectively comes and says
    "Your entire life is worthless. Why are you not a proper orc? Forget everything and become the type of orc I tell you to be"
    That's also what Garrosh said kinda. Thrall killed one and married the other.

  9. #28189
    I heard from a close source at blizzard that the next expansion will be called World of Warcraft: Chronicles of Elyria. They have bought out the rights for this not too long ago behind closed doors. There isnt more he could give me for the moment but more is coming soon.

  10. #28190
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    No chance of Sylvanas showing up again in a prominent role anytime soon. I can't imagine we'll see any serious Sylvanas content for a good couple expansions.

    Thrall is very likely to return. He's a big Warcraft character to generate hype, and Metzen is back.

    World Revamp I don't think is happening this time round. For my money the likely option is Avaloren backed up by either South Seas/Seafaring and an underground expansion as the two other likely options.

    New class I agree. I think we'll get some new specs for certain classes but not all. For some reason I can't help but think; Rogue (Bard, Support), Warrior (Gladiator or Commander, Support), Shaman (Earthwarden, Tank), Mage (Time or Blood, Healer).

    Class Skins are definitely a possibility, but I think they're most fitting for a World Revamp expansion.

    Player Housing I don't think will happen until World Revamp.

    Agree with race. I think Ogres are a very real possibility. Broken in some form, whether as customisation or Allied Races. I have a sneaking suspicion that Halflings may finally show up. Vrykul's are possible too. Jinyu are also likely. I'd love a more humanoid, practical ape like race to scratch that itch instead of Hozen.

    We've not had a BG since Legion, I don't expect one to come now. Especially with the HvA conflict on the back burner.

    No borrowed power, I think that's a relic of the past.
    I disagree about the BGs and the HvA conflict.

    If anything, getting rid of the factions conflict unties their hands and lets them do whatever they want with the presumable new battlegrounds.

    You want CTF with 3 teams? There you go. You want map domination with 4 teams consisting of 5 people each? Be my guest.

    There are so much more possibilities now that they don't have to build the new battlegrounds around two teams only.

    And just imagine the wonders this will do to random bg queue times.
    unclench your jaw

  11. #28191
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,235


    I cant take this leak seriously. Even by little piece of this set you can already tell its low polygonal uncohesive mess, something design wise reminding Zandalar green gear. No way official Blizzard would slap something as unexcitingly looking as this.
    And predicting 'But you didnt see the whole set!' - no, it already looks bad. Look at the boots and gloves - the texture is abysmally low quality. I saw WotLK pieces looking better.
    If its official - well, they have already done fucked up with promotion. This piece of armor doesnt make me want to pre-order it at all.

  12. #28192
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,678
    Idk I think a lot of players find enjoyment in ap grinds, so an optional one that provides no meaningful player power but account wide QoL bonuses could be fun.

    Also I changed my avatar. May change it back at some point.

  13. #28193
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post


    I cant take this leak seriously. Even by little piece of this set you can already tell its low polygonal uncohesive mess, something design wise reminding Zandalar green gear. No way official Blizzard would slap something as unexcitingly looking as this.
    And predicting 'But you didnt see the whole set!' - no, it already looks bad. Look at the boots and gloves - the texture is abysmally low quality. I saw WotLK pieces looking better.
    If its official - well, they have already done fucked up with promotion. This piece of armor doesnt make me want to pre-order it at all.
    You’d not want to pre-order an expansion even if it had a ton of features you wanted, plus an incredibly hyped trailer, all because of one transmog set you probably wouldn’t use?

  14. #28194
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    That's also what Garrosh said kinda. Thrall killed one and married the other.
    The thing is, that's who Thrall is. His past is what got him here. He is of Azeroth, not of Draenor and that's the truth for all the orcs born in the encampments. Stop clinging to a past that is gone and a world that is collapsing and be who you are and embrace your actual past instead of the one tradition would have granted you. This was his character arc and it was dropped with actual negative payoff since he lost everything that made him special.

  15. #28195
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    I disagree about the BGs and the HvA conflict.

    If anything, getting rid of the factions conflict unties their hands and lets them do whatever they want with the presumable new battlegrounds.

    You want CTF with 3 teams? There you go. You want map domination with 4 teams consisting of 5 people each? Be my guest.

    There are so much more possibilities now that they don't have to build the new battlegrounds around two teams only.

    And just imagine the wonders this will do to random bg queue times.
    Which is an even bigger mess from a design point because they have to make sure the maps have equal footing and starting points so that no team feels like they're put in a disadvantage like how some BGs give one side or the other an advantage.

    Maybe it can work in Arenas, but not BGs.. and even then they'd have to design Arenas to allow 4 way team free-for-all of players to fight all at once.

    And the thing PvP players want more than anything is balance or at least a fun experience, which they never get because NOBODY can balance PvP regardless if they claim they have a solution because there's always someone who's going to find a way to break the system.

    And they can have BGs even if the HvA conflict is simmered down, TBC and Wrath were proof that you can include BGs even if the faction conflict isn't prominent... Honestly it isn't because of the conflict or the story, I think Ion Hazzikostas just doesn't care for PvP all that much to make any big changes to it.

  16. #28196
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, that's who Thrall is. His past is what got him here. He is of Azeroth, not of Draenor and that's the truth for all the orcs born in the encampments. Stop clinging to a past that is gone and a world that is collapsing and be who you are and embrace your actual past instead of the one tradition would have granted you. This was his character arc and it was dropped with actual negative payoff since he lost everything that made him special.
    Do we even have anyone left who is written well? Genn? Anyone else?

  17. #28197
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, that's who Thrall is. His past is what got him here. He is of Azeroth, not of Draenor and that's the truth for all the orcs born in the encampments. Stop clinging to a past that is gone and a world that is collapsing and be who you are and embrace your actual past instead of the one tradition would have granted you. This was his character arc and it was dropped with actual negative payoff since he lost everything that made him special.
    Because of this, I always saw Thrall as the character who would be the eventual bridge between the Horde and the Alliance; not Anduin.

  18. #28198
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    I knew Stormbreaker was fake because of that Carrack nonsense, and because it clearly wasn’t an underground expansion.

  19. #28199
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Do we even have anyone left who is written well? Genn? Anyone else?
    Denathrius, Fyrakk, Azshara are the only characters I can think of that stand out as decent at the moment.

    Iridikron has potential.

    Velen was decently written during Legion, but we’ve seen very little of him since.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I knew Stormbreaker was fake because of that Carrack nonsense, and because it clearly wasn’t an underground expansion.
    Well I’m glad to see you’re embracing satire at this point.

  20. #28200
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Because of this, I always saw Thrall as the character who would be the eventual bridge between the Horde and the Alliance; not Anduin.
    It felt like that back in WC3. Thrall was pretty much build to create world peace.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •