1. #28881
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    "Your comment is a complete guess, here let me reply with an even worse estimate because I can"

    That is what you are saying right now. Your estimate is 100% unreliable since you do not have the numbers, only blizzard does.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Please provide any evidence to the contrary, and factual evidence. Not a "just trust me bro"
    I never said it wasnt, but people assuming Blizz has the numbers they think they do is always going to be a guess regardless, What I can say is from personal experience of watching my guild go from 80 active players down to 2-3 active players since 10.2 is very real, I know its not credible for a foundation but it shows WoW IS losing players to disinterest regardless.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    hahahahahahahahahaha good one.

    Copium is seriously real in this conversation, also you said WoW had over 2m+ players yet this download which cant be used for accuracy anyway has less that 2m downloads, nice try though.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2023-10-15 at 09:25 AM.

  2. #28882
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I never said it wasnt, but people assuming Blizz has the numbers they think they do is always going to be a guess regardless, What I can say is from personal experience of watching my guild go from 80 active players down to 2-3 active players since 10.2 is very real, I know its not credible for a foundation but it shows WoW IS losing players to disinterest regardless.
    N=1..

    The horde guild I am in gained 30-40 members over this patch and lost 10
    The alliance guild I am in gained 10-15 members over this patch and lost 10-ish

    So using your logic.

    The horde side is super popular and not dying at all
    The alliance side is keeping the same amount

    See how irrelevant your guess is based on your guild?

  3. #28883
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Personally I want them to take the time to rework the Allied Race system, because it's a mess right now with some options being AR and some being cosmetic choices for the core races.

    Have it be just "Human", for example, and let players pick a Culture or whatever you want to call it. A sort of backstory. I'm a High Elf from Quel'thalas, that's my race. But my backstory choice is Quel'dorei, Sin'dorei, Ren'dorei, etc. Depending on these choices, different cosmetic options and racial abilities open up to me.

    Perhaps all High Elves share one racial ability and a few cosmetic options, but then both the abilities and the cosmetics branch off depending on what your backstory is.

    Doing it this way, it'll be way easier for them to just keep adding interesting "sub races" in the future, and give them all the same attention that they all deserve.

    For example all Orc clans, multiple Tauren tribes, and all kinds of Trolls.

    Since Ogres would be a new race altogether, perhaps Alliance should get something more than merely High Elves. Broken Draenei could fit this, since they're a different model than regular Draenei.
    I woul use a more drastic and unpopular approach, I would just get rid of the racials, keeping some as cosmetic/flavor, eg hobgoblin bank and worgen running mount

  4. #28884
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    hahahahahahahahahaha good one.

    Copium is seriously real in this conversation.
    time to pack it up i guess. wow is shutting down tomorrow according to random people on the internet

  5. #28885
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    time to pack it up i guess. wow is shutting down tomorrow according to random people on the internet
    Ignore them, they have been bashing and raging on retail every post so far. The only positive thing so far in this thread has been a "Classic is looking more interesting every day". So yea, just another classic person wanting to stir up drama.

  6. #28886
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Ignore them, they have been bashing and raging on retail every post so far. The only positive thing so far in this thread has been a "Classic is looking more interesting every day". So yea, just another classic person wanting to stir up drama.
    Yes, I bash WoW on every post, seriously stop coping, I love retail but im a realist you guys are just being stupid.

  7. #28887
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Yes, I bash WoW on every post, seriously stop coping, I love retail but im a realist you guys are just being stupid.
    realist=i watch bellular and asmongold

  8. #28888
    I mean, even if it has less than 1 Million subscribers, you would lose out on 500k $15 subscriptions, for people to might try WoW, and potentially buy a microtransaction mount after like a month or so, assuming they even stick with the free game that they have.

    Compared to getting $15 a month, plus people buying microtransactions anyway.

    ESO is on game pass and that game has no playerbase LMAO

  9. #28889
    Scarab Lord MCMLXXXII's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Delta swamp of the west
    Posts
    4,814
    I really love these wow is dying posts in a speculation thread /s. Then again, saying it's dying is speculation, not exactly based on facts, but it is speculation.

  10. #28890
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    realist=i watch bellular and asmongold
    I actually don't watch the Goblin and Belluar, dont assume you know my watching and gaming habits, you people are acting insane.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I really love these wow is dying posts in a speculation thread /s. Then again, saying it's dying is speculation, not exactly based on facts, but it is speculation.
    I never once said WoW is dying but it is no where near the powerhouse it used to be.

  11. #28891
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Yes, I bash WoW on every post, seriously stop coping, I love retail but im a realist you guys are just being stupid.
    Again, if you're a realist you have facts backing up your data. And not just a "lol game is dead because guild is dead" data. So far you are not a realist, just someone on a street corner with a sign "THe world is ending!!" screaming into the void.

  12. #28892
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    You think so small, people will always buy MTX, Transmogs and services ESPECIALLY if they think they're saving money, tsk tsk shame so many small thinkers.
    No? Very few people pay extra money in games.

    WoW is also not a game that incentivizes extra purchases for new players, because new players have over a thousand mounts available to earn for free, and tens of thousands of armor pieces available to earn for free, and 15+ years of content to check out. The number of people who would step into wow via gamepass and go "omg, I better buy this one specific transmog set from the store!" is a rounding error. It's near non-existent.

    Imagine genshin impact where literally 98% of the characters are already unlocked, or LoL where there's only a couple dozen skins on the store and everything else is in game. That is wow. Its MTX appeal to long-term players who already have a lot of stuff and want to expand their collection with specific items. You charging them $5 less isn't going to make the entire playerbase start spending $5 a month on vanity stuff, it's going to mean most players save $5 and the people who we already going to buy store mounts and transmog packs now pay you less overall to do so.

  13. #28893
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Again, if you're a realist you have facts backing up your data. And not just a "lol game is dead because guild is dead" data. So far you are not a realist, just someone on a street corner with a sign "THe world is ending!!" screaming into the void.
    Again, I never said the game was dead, it is just not the powerhouse it used to be and many players are disinterested in returning, stop acting insane please you're making a fool of yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No? Very few people pay extra money in games.

    WoW is also not a game that incentivizes extra purchases for new players, because new players have over a thousand mounts available to earn for free, and tens of thousands of armor pieces available to earn for free, and 15+ years of content to check out. The number of people who would step into wow via gamepass and go "omg, I better buy this one specific transmog set from the store!" is a rounding error. It's near non-existent.

    Imagine genshin impact where literally 98% of the characters are already unlocked, or LoL where there's only a couple dozen skins on the store and everything else is in game. That is wow. Its MTX appeal to long-term players who already have a lot of stuff and want to expand their collection with specific items. You charging them $5 less isn't going to make the entire playerbase start spending $5 a month on vanity stuff, it's going to mean most players save $5 and the people who we already going to buy store mounts and transmog packs now pay you less overall to do so.
    That is something that would change, also Genshin is made for F2P where as WoW on GP would not necessarily be free because you are still paying an increased subscription fee to access the content.

    Let's just drop it yeah because youguys obviously refuse to understand something so simple, I will no longer reply to you.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2023-10-15 at 09:33 AM.

  14. #28894
    The only thing I can see for Gamepass would be WoW Expansion -1, i.e. a FFXIV-esque trial, so right now you could play until Shadowlands.

    But with the way WoW works, that is kinda completely useless anyway.

    No way they are going to put Classic on Gamepass; too much revenue from subscriptions.

    No way they are going to put Retail on Gamepass; too much revenue from subscriptions and also deceptively large amount of money from box sales.

  15. #28895
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The only thing I can see for Gamepass would be WoW Expansion -1, i.e. a FFXIV-esque trial, so right now you could play until Shadowlands.

    But with the way WoW works, that is kinda completely useless anyway.

    No way they are going to put Classic on Gamepass; too much revenue from subscriptions.

    No way they are going to put Retail on Gamepass; too much revenue from subscriptions and also deceptively large amount of money from box sales.
    they at least considered putting wow on the gamepass tho. one of the leaked microsoft documents shows that.

  16. #28896
    But to get back on topic, we don't need someone derailing the thread while looking for attention.

    What is a way Blizzard could do an "underground" expansion in a way that could work?

    The following is an opinion, not stated as fact:

    For me, Zaralek has shown that the current way is not a feasible way to do it an whole expansion. I want interesting "skyboxes". Places where I can't see the walls and ceilings, just a huge open space making it look like it's own "world" in a way. Sadly that would require such large zones that I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Having an whole expansion like Deepholme/Zaralek/Nazjatar? That would get frustrating fast for me with how enclosed it all feels.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Again, I never said the game was dead, it is just not the powerhouse it used to be and many players are disinterested in returning, stop acting insane please you're making a fool of yourself.

    You do realise, the more you say that. The more you look like a fool yourself right? Everyone here is saying you're wrong and using absolutely inane arguments. But everyone else is a fool.

  17. #28897
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    That is something that would change, also Genshin is made for F2P where as WoW on GP would not necessarily be free because you are still paying an increased subscription fee to access the content.
    Yes. Exactly. WoW is much less likely to have people buy things than a F2P game, because people are already paying a significant amount just to play the game, and even F2P games have very few people spending money.



    Let's just drop it yeah because youguys obviously refuse to understand something so simple, I will no longer reply to you.
    n i c e s a v e

  18. #28898
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    But to get back on topic, we don't need someone derailing the thread while looking for attention.

    What is a way Blizzard could do an "underground" expansion in a way that could work?

    The following is an opinion, not stated as fact:

    For me, Zaralek has shown that the current way is not a feasible way to do it an whole expansion. I want interesting "skyboxes". Places where I can't see the walls and ceilings, just a huge open space making it look like it's own "world" in a way. Sadly that would require such large zones that I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Having an whole expansion like Deepholme/Zaralek/Nazjatar? That would get frustrating fast for me with how enclosed it all feels.
    Something I can agree on, Blizz would not do well with an Underground expansion and it would not bring people back, it's also a no go for me my husband and my yearly sub.

  19. #28899
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The only thing I can see for Gamepass would be WoW Expansion -1, i.e. a FFXIV-esque trial, so right now you could play until Shadowlands.

    But with the way WoW works, that is kinda completely useless anyway.

    No way they are going to put Classic on Gamepass; too much revenue from subscriptions.

    No way they are going to put Retail on Gamepass; too much revenue from subscriptions and also deceptively large amount of money from box sales.
    I think they will do an FFXIV trial system indeed.

    Everything included except the latest expansion features (levels, continent, classes, races etc)

  20. #28900
    I really don't think we're getting an underground expansion. By the time they were working on zaralek which they intended to be experimental they were simultaneously working on the next expansion. I'm sure we could get 1 underground zone but I will eat my hat if we get a whole expansion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •