10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Okay, I added in a few quick impression.
    I'll reserve judgement, but this could be legit. No information a leaker wouldn't know. Definitely does not sound like a wishlist. And we are close enough to BlizzCon for this to be legit.

Can anyone who is more active in the other game communities confirm or deny the Diablo or Hearthstone stuff?
    The Hearthstone stuff sounds VERY plausible. They added the DK class last year, and those mechanics (alongside the hero power) do make sense given the current meta of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Tbf, we really shouldn't take super early concept art for granted.

Whatever the art was used for could've easily been scrapped or reworked.
    What's to say the "mortals" doesn't refer to everyday people from the real world, crossing the barrier into a mythological world of legend?

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    Undermine will happen eventually, sooner or later.

I'll give Mechagon as an example here. But it looks really really good and I'm sad allied races don't get their own starting zones. Exiles reach is good and all, but it does nothing for the identity of your given race and I think that's important.

I think it'd be really cool to start a level 1 character and have some quests in and around Mechagon, same with Nightborne and Suramar.

Undermine certainly has a lot of potential, and while it won't be entirely the Goblin themed jokes that will have an influence on it.

I can certainly see it as a Capital some day.
    Undermine is tricky to me since we have in effect already got a version of it. The original Goblin starting zone is effectively Undermine, just aboveground. And The Motherlode is also on Kezan.

We can't go back to the original Goblin starting zone, so that is definitely an option, but Undermine itself is of questionable canon when goblin cities on Kezan already exists.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    I hope blizzard doesn't pull a dawntrail and actually picks an interesting theme
    To be fair Endwalker was the end of a ten year long storyline that actually feels like a ten year long storyline. We do need a breather. For sure I would have preferred Meracydia, but let's wait one more week before we dismiss Dawntrail.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not buying any leak with Storm in the title
    Every leak started mentioning Storm exactly after leaked Algarian Stormrider leak
    Also support shaman spec makes little sense
    Everyone and their mom talking about new shaman spec asked for Tank spec. It would be extremely tone deaf for Blizzard to make new Shaman spec a support one instead.
    Also Dragonriding specification sounds like something made up. I'm absolutely positive if Blizzard want to make Dragonriding a thing going forward EVERY flying mount would be adapted for DR, not just those leaker mentioned.
    WC3 campaigns also sound eeeeh.
    And Odyssey being Greek heavy sounds weird given that the only art reference we has are modern day kids and European looking castle floating .
    And again, Stormfall. Just no. That's not expansion title material.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Neither did Legion and look how it ended xD

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Okay, I added in a few quick impression.
    I'll reserve judgement, but this could be legit. No information a leaker wouldn't know. Definitely does not sound like a wishlist. And we are close enough to BlizzCon for this to be legit.

Can anyone who is more active in the other game communities confirm or deny the Diablo or Hearthstone stuff?
    We are not even remotely close enough for a leak Blizzcon leak. The way it's phrased is also very unlike how Blizzcon leaks usually sound.

Blizzcon leaks are likely due to the inherent weakness that comes with a bunch of temp workers on the Convention floor pocketing press kits when noones looking, or seeing the rehearsal for the actual reveal panel.

It could be real, but would not be from Blizzcon. Those don't appear until the last week.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

To be fair Endwalker was the end of a ten year long storyline that actually feels like a ten year long storyline. We do need a breather. For sure I would have preferred Meracydia, but let's wait one more week before we dismiss Dawntrail.
    ehhhh idk how much they can improve it. i don't care about the gameplay in ffxiv, i'm only in for the story. if the premise is boring, i might just skip the expansion.

back to wow. It's the 20th anniversary. i expect something big, but i don't know. so far all the leaks have been kinda mid lol

I don't think we've seen anything in the files pointing towards Dragonriding for bat mounts. And why wouldn't we get it for pterodactyls and firehawks, which are already in the files?

Also: nothing to explain the leaked Nightmare Dragon.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-10-15 at 06:06 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    And Odyssey being Greek heavy sounds weird given that the only art reference we has are modern day kids and European looking castle floating .
    Okay, say that again, slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyntosAran View Post
    The game launches on the 3rd. It does not make sense to launch it only for blizzcon ticket owners.
    That's what I was thinking too. Maybe he's talking about the crossgame stuff but it seems unlikely Blizzard will lock that kind of stuff behind a paywall.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    This is insanely too much detail to be fake honestly?
    Isn't it usually the opposite case? Historically, it's been minimal (but usually fairly complete) details on a single game in factual leaks.
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

Okay, say that again, slowly.
    Ok, I admit. I lol'd

I feel like it's too much info to be believeable, unless someone got mad at blizz and decided to leak it.

I guess we'll have to follow leaks for other games, if some HS expansion leak happens and fits then we can compare.

No new races is kinda a bummer if it end up real so i would at least expect A TON of new customization for existing races, especially for allied races..

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Why would Demon Hunters get a third spec in an expansion that is supposedly a bit elemental themed, with Thrall as the poster boy? Shaman fourth spec makes more sense, especially with the whole 4 elements thing going on.
    Why did druids get a 4th spec in an expansion that is themed around a faction war and pandas with Chen Stormstout as the poster boy?

Answer: New specs don’t need to be tied to the narrative.
    Hell, new races don’t need to be tied thematically to the main narrative as Worgen/Goblins showed in Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by cathugger24 View Post
    Goal is 1 campaign every 3 months for 2 years.
    Are these campaigns being worked on simultaneously, and how long are they? They'd have to be doing these campaigns well ahead of their release to meet that schedule.
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I feel like it's too much info to be believeable, unless someone got mad at blizz and decided to leak it.

I guess we'll have to follow leaks for other games, if some HS expansion leak happens and fits then we can compare.

No new races is kinda a bummer if it end up real so i would at least expect A TON of new customization for existing races, especially for allied races..
    There's definitely going to be a big customization pass for KT (skinny rig?) and Zandalari eventually, so that I believe. But I am not so sure on no new races.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Why did druids get a 4th spec in an expansion that is themed around a faction war and pandas with Chen Stormstout as the poster boy?

Answer: New specs don’t need to be tied to the narrative.
    Hell, new races don’t need to be tied thematically to the main narrative as Worgen/Goblins showed in Cata.
    I mean I could argue with this, but I guess you sort of have a point. But only sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    i'd completely forgotten about it, does anyone have any idea what it was?
    I expect it to be the Cataclysm Classic mount.

Actually... @Marlamin, are there any files indicating the purpose of that mount? If you would like to share.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-10-15 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the no new race or class in 11.0 makes sense after Evokers which gave us both in 10.0. Additional customization options and a support spec for Shaman makes sense, though only one new support spec it's slower than I anticipated. A new Shaman spec also further justifies Thrall on the key art, and how Khaz Algar is described fits both the mount and Toweliee's leak.

That Hearthstone info is very believable given the current state of the game.