10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Only if you assume the language works the way you imagine, and also that it's translated directly.
    Loads of words sound absurd when you translate them literally.
    You could just as easily translate it as Cave Stormrider, which sounds muh cooler.
    I'm not saying it couldn't be used in that way, but it seems like it's being used as if it were a demonym. And if Algar is a common word for caves in Dwarvish, then I imagine that could cause a fair bit of confusion (not for the players, but from an in-universe perspective ).

I think Algar sounds like Algalon. Might be a "forge of the makers" type thing. Theres some lore about the celestial dudes and where the Fist of Ra-den was made, this might be that area. Might also be a way for them to incorporate some of Pandaria's races and cultures there and explain a bit more about Ra-den's story on Pandaria.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2023-10-15 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Stormfall thing... looks pretty plausible. It is extensive. But it is also the sort of list someone could believably create if they had gained access to a BlizzCon memo or press packet, maybe. Maybe one of the creators at that recent gathering decide to roll the dice and break the silence. Who knows. And let's be clear, we have to maintain a separation between what we want to be true and what could likely be true, objectively. Nothing in the Stormfall gets me overly excited, there are things I'd love to happen that are not there. But that doesn't change how much I think it could be legit.
    Last edited by Leowyld; 2023-10-15 at 07:28 PM.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Given that dragonriding "worked" I would love them to do a more vertical city at some point, provided they manage to make it not -too- confusing/annoying.
    Yeah I think it could be really cool! I'm imagining a bigger, more spacious Ironforge where players use elevators or trams to get around. Especially trams. After playing Classic again after a long break, I've come to appreciate just how cool and unique the Deeprun Tram is and I find it a shame that we didn't get another form of transportation like that (we almost got one in Gorgrond, but it was scrapped).

Who knows, but keep in mind discussing that is also against the rules/off-topic.
    Fair. I just wanted to ask because it seemed like they got banned for mentioning Stormbreaker. I thought it was some kind of forbidden leak that we're not allowed to mention, just had to be sure so I don't join him in the shadow realm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    But then would it make sense that we're flying a mount that's called Cliff-ian Stormrider?
    Think less "Cliff-ian" and more "Of the Cliff".
    Which is what the ian suffix stands for.

"Algar" may mean a particular geographic feature, but in this case it's also a deeply culturally ingrained word.
    "Algarian" meaning "People of the Cliff" in relations to themselves.

Or in relations to the mount: Stormrider of the Cliff, or Stomrider of the people of the Cliff.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think Algar sounds like Algalon. Might be a "forge of the makers" type thing. Theres some lore about the celestial dudes and where the Fist of Ra-den was made, this might be that area. Might also be a way for them to incorporate some of Pandaria's races and cultures there and explain a bit more about Ra-den's story on Pandaria.
    Would also be a cool opportunity to flesh out the constellars a bit more.

Yeah I think it could be really cool! I'm imagining a bigger, more spacious Ironforge where players use elevators or trams to get around. Especially trams. After playing Classic again after a long break, I've come to appreciate just how cool and unique the Deeprun Tram is and I find it a shame that we didn't get another form of transportation like that (we almost got one in Gorgrond, but it was scrapped).
    Yeah, pre-overhaul Gorgrond sounded pretty cool.

Fair. I just wanted to ask because it seemed like they got banned for mentioning Stormbreaker. I thought it was some kind of forbidden leak that we're not allowed to mention, just had to be sure so I don't join him in the shadow realm.
    You won't get infracted for mentioning leaks or anything like that, no worries.

If supposedly Stormbreaker was coming, there's a big storm that is blocking the way to the new continent... and supposedly, it happens to involve the Elementals again especially what with the Primalists.

I'm wondering if we may need to get help from Prince Thunderaan to get our way through the storm to this new continent. Unlike Smolderon (which his presence in the Emerald Dream and helping Fyrakk is already pretty iffy) who seems to be trying to expand his field of influence.. Thunderaan isn't as ruthless or dangerous, cunning very much so, the Farseer helped him ascend to becoming the Wind Lord.. so surely that he'd be willing to lend a hand in getting through the storms.

(Neptulon could also help, but he seems busy in probably hunting the Naga and Azshara from his waters.)

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What if its tank support instead of dps support though?
    A tank that provided group buffs rather than personal DPS would be awesome. 100% down for a Tank/Support spec.

The cathugger leak seems plausible. Most of the stuff is what players have expected would be coming next. Monks for HS, Cata Classic, Amazons or Crusader/Paladin/Blood Knight for Diablo 4, and Mauga for OW have been heavy in the rumor mill. No new class/race and expanding dragonriding seem likely since the former tends to happen with expansion cadence and the latter has seen work via datamining.

Overall seems very, I don't know, safe?

If Shamans do get a new spec, I really hope they go back to using totems. They're currently an afterthought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Think less "Cliff-ian" and more "Of the Cliff".
    Which is what the ian suffix stands for.

"Algar" may mean a particular geographic feature, but in this case it's also a deeply culturally ingrained word.
    "Algarian" meaning "People of the Cliff" in relations to themselves.

Or in relations to the mount: Stormrider of the Cliff, or Stomrider of the people of the Cliff.
    That makes sense. I think I was overthinking it.

Yeah, pre-overhaul Gorgrond sounded pretty cool.

You won't get infracted for mentioning leaks or anything like that, no worries.
    Isn't that true for basically everything that was cut from WoD? Choosing a zone for a Garrison, Shattrath raid, Grommash final boss...

Train adventures across Draenor was a top tier idea though. Especially when you consider the way it could have convinced players to accept no flying.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by cathugger24 View Post
    Warcraft Rumble
    Crossgame promotions will be shown
    People with Blizzcon ticket will be able to play it after the opening ceremony
    Officially everything in this leak is debunked because the game goes live at blizzcon, blizzcon ticket isn't necessary.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/warc...lly-november-3

Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    Officially everything in this leak is debunked because the game goes live at blizzcon, blizzcon ticket isn't necessary.

I mean, it's already available in some countries as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Good catch.

RIP Stormfall 2023-2023.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Isn't that true for basically everything that was cut from WoD? Choosing a zone for a Garrison, Shattrath raid, Grommash final boss...

Train adventures across Draenor was a top tier idea though. Especially when you consider the way it could have convinced players to accept no flying.
    The thing my heart bleeds for the most is Karabor as a hub city.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, it's already available in some countries as well.
    I'm playing it now through early access. It's been super fun imo, great to play while waiting for dungeons inbetween.

Could be simply saying it will be playable at Blizzcon after the opening ceremony. Of course being a mobile game that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Could be simply saying it will be playable at Blizzcon after the opening ceremony. Of course being a mobile game that doesn't make a lot of sense.
    The copium is strong here. It's a fake leak :P (I am joking, I know nobody takes it seriously)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    The thing my heart bleeds for the most is Karabor as a hub city.
    For me it's Farahlon. I always wanted to see what Netherstorm looked like before it became Netherstorm.