Quote Originally Posted by PotHockets View Post
    This is very true but also we haven't had a desert since BFA so it would end up being 3 expansions without if we don't get one on 11.0
    Zereth Mortis was half desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Zereth Mortis had a desert.
    Twinsies.

Jesus Christ, can someone do some digging for decent leaks.

I need some Bolvar, alexstrsza-like cinematic leaks.

God I hate AI for ruining leaking season

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    I think him coming back is highly likely at this point.

-He was the final boss of the very first raid, so it would seem fitting for him to come back for the 20th anniversary.

-They are conveniently getting rid of the replacement firelord just before that.

-And they already teased that a cult of dwarves (which would also fit if 11.0 actually has big dwarf elements) is trying to bring him back.

What i doubt is that hes going to be light-infused, if hes coming back. They just had a big fire enemy being infused with Void (and one whos going to consume Smolderon during the raid no less), so doing the same thing with Rag (another big fire enemy) and the Voids opposite force would feel kinda repetitive.
    I also hope that if this happens it's not until a late content patch in 11.0 or it's the following expansion. This expansion has had so much fire already and it's about to go into overdrive. There's only so many ways you can make it feel cool without needing a break for a bit. I do miss the high concept wacky element architecture though, which we get to see some glimpse of next patch.
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2023-10-19 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Zereth Mortis had a desert.
    I didn't even think of Zereth Mortis as a desert zone because it's just a subsection of it but fair enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post

We are still 15 days out. Both of those things happened closer. Although... the Dragonflight title did leak at the 15 day mark. So, maybe we'll get our title soon.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw I know this was discussed early on with 10.0 but I really hope that with 11.0 they consider changing the Covenant spells that practically every spec got so that they fit their classes visually and thematically. Some of them are just jarring. Spec and class identity are so important in WoW.
    Not me skipping them in the talent tree for exactly this reason...
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I agree, but we're still pretty far away in regards to leak season. In the next two weeks we may begin to see something, but maybe not and we're all surprised!

Btw I know this was discussed early on with 10.0 but I really hope that with 11.0 they consider changing the Covenant spells that practically every spec got so that they fit their classes visually and thematically. Some of them are just jarring. Spec and class identity are so important in WoW.
    I pointed this out immediately when it was revealed they were getting baked into our talent treats with 10.0 on this very forum and I remember so many people saying in pretty brutal terms they didn't think it was an issue. It drove me nuts. Not a single person agreed.

While we are it; rename them because the amount of effort I had to put in to make some of my macros work with Primordial Wave when that was a useful ability....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    They are not well-known concepts. They are well-known names.

You kinda know the gist of it based on the name. The reason people know those names is because one of them was the #1 community joke and the other one is the most well-known piece of cut content from Classic.

But they had no world building lmao. Look at the Dragon Isle page from before DF was announced.

The only thing that is not cut content is the reference from the Island Expedition, which is an Uldaman Book-tier reference.
    Funnily enough, if Avaloren is to the west if Kalimdor and on the "back side" of Azeroth, it is conceptually just as familiar and old as anything. There was just no name tied to the concept. Pretty sure there's been talk of storms preventing exploration to the west of Kalimdor for a long ass time now, and there's never ever been a mention in lore of anyone traveling east of EK either. As long as the name of the Avaloren expac references the west or the storms or something like that instead of the name "Avaloren", people will know what's up and be curious.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    They are not well-known concepts. They are well-known names.

You kinda know the gist of it based on the name. The reason people know those names is because one of them was the #1 community joke and the other one is the most well-known piece of cut content from Classic.

But they had no world building lmao. Look at the Dragon Isle page from before DF was announced.

The only thing that is not cut content is the reference from the Island Expedition, which is an Uldaman Book-tier reference.
    Did you know that books and quests referring to a place are...world building? Like...unless you just want WoW to end you are not going to get new world building another way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Laughs in "Draenor is free!"
    I'm still a bit salty at how much they retconned regarding what we knew of Draenor and orcish culture in order to make their uber savage new version.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

We'll probably have this a few days before the Blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Did you know that books and quests referring to a place are...world building? Like...unless you just want WoW to end you are not going to get new world building another way.
    I think world building happens at multiple levels of visibility.
    Books and mentions in interactable objects is the lowest level; few people bother to read them.
    You then have physical presence of concepts in the game, e.g. NPCs with a title linked to said place or mentioning it in passing, items that reference such a place; a lot more people might chance upon something like that. Archeology was great for that as well (Puzzle Box of Yogg-saron!)
    Then you have NPCs casually discussing the concept while idle. Those pop up texts stay around your chat box for quite a while.
    At the end you have things being mentioned or hinted at during cinematics or the endings of quest storylines. Almost everyone will be exposed to a concept at this point and will then expect to see it soon after.

I think that before we actually visit an area we should climb through the entire ladder of visibility. The lore of what is in the West is being built but so far, everything is at the lowest tier of visibility. We will see it because we frequent an active thread about speculation. Most players will not and when they see it in a cinematic they will at best go "huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I'm still a bit salty at how much they retconned regarding what we knew of Draenor and orcish culture in order to make their uber savage new version.
    It's super ironic too because they retconned them from nuanced and not constantly bloodthirsty till the demon blood and then didn't even stick to that retcon and had Grom finish up the expansion like it was a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...blizzcon-2023/

I'm afraid it's over for Classic+ bros...
    Thank god...please make something good and nice for the real game and let the nostalgic people have their 20 year old museum game or start some classic classic servers or something for them without wasting to much ressources that retail desperately needs.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by PotHockets View Post
    It's super ironic too because they retconned them from nuanced and not constantly bloodthirsty till the demon blood and then didn't even stick to that retcon and had Grom finish up the expansion like it was a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode.
    Standing side to side with Yrel and Durotan and neither of them making an attempt to kill him after what HIS Horde did to them and their families...
    In my headcanon version after Grom says Draenor is Free, Yrel cudgels him in the head dropping him unconscious and then Durotan chuckles and binds his wrists so they can take him to trial.

I just remembered that 8.3 had cool kiss/kill mechanics that never returned in any capacity. Why did BFA have so many fun features that were never repeated? Everyone complained about azerite but nobody was complaining about its many good ideas.

Thinking they're going to make an entirely new expansion for classic was rediculous. But, the more realistic expectation for classic+, that they might add features that were cut from those past expansions originally.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-10-19 at 04:13 PM.

I agree Classic+ is not going to happen, but I do feel it's important to point out they have an Illidan shirt in almost the same style listed directly next to the Deathwing shirt on the store. The Deathwing one makes sense given Cataclysm Classic is almost inevitable, but this could be just generic villain shirts.