1. #34421
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    You don't have to act like you’re some “leak expert”… please, lol. And u don’t have to follow leaks for 20 years to know what is fake and whats real. We’re not dumb, we KNOW.
    No need to turn this aggressive and imply name calling. All positive vibes here. I didn't intend to try and be "better" than others... was just trying to explain how this has mostly gone in the past in the spirit of providing perspective from some of the newer people.

  2. #34422
    The Lightbringer Izalla's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    You don't have to act like you’re some “leak expert”… please, lol. And u don’t have to follow leaks for 20 years to know what is fake and whats real. We’re not dumb, we KNOW.
    Regarding this part, eehhhhh. Take a look at any legit leak post from prior years and uhhhh... there's a lot of "this is so stupid an obviously fake lol" posts =/
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  3. #34423
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    You don't have to act like you’re some “leak expert”… please, lol. And u don’t have to follow leaks for 20 years to know what is fake and whats real. We’re not dumb, we KNOW.
    Bro is just trying to be helpful, relax lol.

  4. #34424
    fellas

    ladies

    lets get back on topic

    https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1716575229663723564

    NZOTH IS IN THE BUILDING

  5. #34425
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Could do something like this:



    Start out at new land that goes all the way down, then use Zaralek tech to link up every surface zone underneath. (Don't laugh at my placement, just to show the idea lol)
    Man, do I love this. Make it a Hollow Earth with the World Soul as the center/sun. A true Cosmic Egg.

  6. #34426
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtMash View Post
    Then again, it's almost certain that Blizz did not develop "dynamic loading" technology exclusively with Zaralek in mind, so who knows.
    My gut feeling agrees with that, I've messed around with it a little and it's very clear that albeit it still requires some kind of "airlock" (which is what they call the tech) to hide transitions, it could most definitely be applied elsewhere.

    It's not tied to Zaralek at all on the client and instead comes from the server telling the client to go into low-view distance mode and to preload a piece of map (probably when the server sees you halfway the tunnel) and then sometime after doing a seamless teleport to that map.

    Counter point is that the the current implementation feels like an early one/experiment as there's still several issues with the system that haven't been fixed since its release. Whether or not that points to it being a one-off or to them not wanting to backport fixes from the 11.0 branch for whatever reason remains to be seen, but I feel like we'll see the tech in some form again soon.

  7. #34427
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The leaks so far seem fairly focused on location instead of systems and gameplay.
    I was just thinking that a mention about this (as it would be a win-win situation, as you get a "new" race for the older classes as a new feature) could be a good indication of a real leak, but idk... just a feeling!

  8. #34428
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonly View Post
    I agree this seems like a problem, What if they stair stacked the zones though? I'm imaging like going down some, hitting the first Zone, then there's another hole going further that leads to another zone, and so on forth. idk. just thinking. Probably is a bad thought.
    I think thats a good way to do it. You would lose the connection to the surface level stuff since that would need a more spread out/horizontal layout. But the idea of having to get deeper and deeper could be really interesting. Especially if its like... whats at the core? Is it a world soul? is it corrupted? etc and each layer unravels more of the mystery.

  9. #34429
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinksocking View Post
    fellas

    ladies

    lets get back on topic

    https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1716575229663723564

    NZOTH IS IN THE BUILDING
    1 MoP mount, 3 BfA, 3 DF

    Humm... 13/3, confirmed, beta out March 13.

  10. #34430
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinksocking View Post
    fellas

    ladies

    lets get back on topic

    https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1716575229663723564

    NZOTH IS IN THE BUILDING
    So is a Cloud Serpent. Pandaria revamp?

  11. #34431
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinksocking View Post
    fellas

    ladies

    lets get back on topic

    https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1716575229663723564

    NZOTH IS IN THE BUILDING
    considering DF story...if it's not N'zoth it must be someone of the family anyway

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think thats a good way to do it. You would lose the connection to the surface level stuff since that would need a more spread out/horizontal layout. But the idea of having to get deeper and deeper could be really interesting. Especially if its like... whats at the core? Is it a world soul? is it corrupted? etc and each layer unravels more of the mystery.
    I have a crazy theory, assuming we get Khaz Algar and Avaloren, the only way to reach Avaloren is through the fissure in Khaz Algar

  12. #34432
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Man, do I love this. Make it a Hollow Earth with the World Soul as the center/sun. A true Cosmic Egg.
    I think a bonus to this would be you can incorporate / reference every piece of land on Azeroth into the new content for a nostalgic anniversary expansion.

  13. #34433
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,146
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtMash View Post
    My problem with this idea is that the underground zones (or the tunnels between them) would need to be ridiculously long to allow for a believable travel between the continents. I'm all for connecting all continents into one map, but doing it through sailing would make much more sense. Then again, it's almost certain that Blizz did not develop "dynamic loading" technology exclusively with Zaralek in mind, so who knows.
    Depends. If an area like Khaz Algar for example is 3-4 zones large (about the size of Kul'tiras) it could be connected to another zone (say Undermine) via a tunnel system using Dwarven mole machines, or the Gnome/Goblin built tunnels around Undermine, It would be no different than catching a boat between continents.

    I'd like to see a new tran system (like the one between Stormwind and Ironforge) coming out of Undermine as well.

  14. #34434
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So is a Cloud Serpent. Pandaria revamp?
    I think they literally mean that Nzoth is inside the building (on roof). While the cloud serp is outside.

  15. #34435
    could be march 31 as well going by that

  16. #34436
    Brewmaster flan1337's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    in some fridge
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    My gut feeling agrees with that, I've messed around with it a little and it's very clear that albeit it still requires some kind of "airlock" (which is what they call the tech) to hide transitions, it could most definitely be applied elsewhere.

    It's not tied to Zaralek at all on the client and instead comes from the server telling the client to go into low-view distance mode and to preload a piece of map (probably when the server sees you halfway the tunnel) and then sometime after doing a seamless teleport to that map.

    Counter point is that the the current implementation feels like an early one/experiment as there's still several issues with the system that haven't been fixed since its release. Whether or not that points to it being a one-off or to them not wanting to backport fixes from the 11.0 branch for whatever reason remains to be seen, but I feel like we'll see the tech in some form again soon.
    Wonder if they can use the tech to change how caves work in a revamp world? Or hell even the tram from SW to IF. Imagine if there was no loading screen?? I think there is a lot of possibilities to be had with this new tech!

    Its also crazy for an engine from 04 that its able to do all of these stuff - I wonder when we will hit the technical limits of it.

  17. #34437
    Random thought. Anyone think Bael Modan will be relevant?

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bael_Modan

    Kalimdor. Dwarves. Titan facility. Underground. Near sword. Maybe Razorfen Quillboar worshipped the viney/leafy 5th old god from chronicle? The botani supposedly ran over there. Wailing Caverns was weird.

  18. #34438
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Regarding this part, eehhhhh. Take a look at any legit leak post from prior years and uhhhh... there's a lot of "this is so stupid an obviously fake lol" posts =/
    To be fair, usually its the same group of people calling all the leaks fake and usually its not the people with over 1k posts. Its usually fresher faces that call it all fake...usually.

  19. #34439
    i miss nzoth so much

    he was such a great villain

    nyalotha was a fantastic raid

    gib

  20. #34440
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    My gut feeling agrees with that, I've messed around with it a little and it's very clear that albeit it still requires some kind of "airlock" (which is what they call the tech) to hide transitions, it could most definitely be applied elsewhere.

    It's not tied to Zaralek at all on the client and instead comes from the server telling the client to go into low-view distance mode and to preload a piece of map (probably when the server sees you halfway the tunnel) and then sometime after doing a seamless teleport to that map.

    Counter point is that the the current implementation feels like an early one/experiment as there's still several issues with the system that haven't been fixed since its release. Whether or not that points to it being a one-off or to them not wanting to backport fixes from the 11.0 branch for whatever reason remains to be seen, but I feel like we'll see the tech in some form again soon.
    I have been an adamant team player on the front of the loading tech being used for some kind of new zone but then it hit me the other day. They implemented its use to increase loading distance and reduce the use of fog in EK and Kalimdor. So perhaps the tech was made for Zaralek as a test to see if they could fix the pretty jarring fog issues in the game.

    I do agree though even its currently implementation is pretty bad but it is still better than a Bethesda Game or whatever the fuck was going on at the end of Cata through most of MoP with the View Distance Fog. (Seriously I specifically remember it being so bad back then that I was using a Machinima Tool to disable fog. It was THAT bad.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •