10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's just a repurposed Vol'dun lol

I ain't believing shit, not til I've seen it officially.
    The pillars in the back do match Vol'dun pillars. I'd be more inclined to believe someone faked these than that someone had access to the video to screenshot it, would actually screenshot it... but it's the best looking fake we've gotten in a long time if so.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonly View Post
    Those look super identical
    They're both orb towers, so yeah they'd look pretty similar

Quote Originally Posted by demonly View Post

those look super identical
    oh god it might be real

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonly View Post

Those look super identical
    That was my first thought as well. Unfortunately we saw the Blizz ones first and thus anyone could have copied them.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They're both orb towers, so yeah they'd look pretty similar
    One looks "older" and "weathered" with overgrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    That was my first thought as well. Unfortunately we saw the Blizz ones first and thus anyone could have copied them.
    I'm pretty sure they're based on Sholazzar lamps that appear like that in a few places, so that's an old Wrath era asset to draw from

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    There is a lot of stuff that looks off the more you look at it. It's all very flat, even for a screenshot. Take a look at the second picture to the right. There is a cat of some sort that is way to flat.
    It's because it was probably AI generated and then they threw random models on top and added shadows manually. So the models are slightly off in perspective and lighting and the shadows don't look like the match. Gives a similar impression to the character creation screen (those are also flat with 3D models on top).

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's just a repurposed Vol'dun lol

I ain't believing shit, not til I've seen it officially.
    This happens every time we get "the one"

This one's real for sure, pack it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    The Dragon Isles had 4 zones at the start of the expansion too and they were (still are) massive. There was Forbidden Reach too but it wasn't available at the beginning
    Oh I know, but I mean lorewise they better not tell me that this whole other continent is actually just an island like Kul Tiras or the Broken Isles. If we do get Avaloren, it better take up a Kalimdor sized spot on the map.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's because it was probably AI generated and then they threw random models on top and added shadows manually. So the models are slightly off in perspective and lighting and the shadows don't look like the match. Gives a similar impression to the character creation screen (those are also flat with 3D models on top).
    Have we seen that big dino in game or a datamined model?

Someone on the SoL discord said the dwarf looks like a drakonid frame. Blizzard does like to reuse things.

Last pic looks titanic to me, like the Elunaria zone we went to in Antorus/Time rift.

We're at the phase where people are giving completely design-illiterate takes in response to something that may or may not be real and that is impossible to parse at a low resolution.

The good news is, that means it's a good time to start anticipating a real smoking gun soon if this isn't it. (Blue-Eyes White Bolvar is totally a photoshop, those Dracthyr are from Second Life, etc.)

The bad news is, almost every single take just keeps tanking how I feel about the human race.

I can tell this one is legit because it already feels something interesting and enticing, but also incredibly disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    We're at the phase where people are giving completely design-illiterate takes in response to something that may or may not be real and that is impossible to parse at a low resolution.

The good news is, that means it's a good time to start anticipating a real smoking gun soon if this isn't it. (Blue-Eyes White Bolvar is totally a photoshop, those Dracthyr are from Second Life, etc.)

The bad news is, almost every single take just keeps tanking how I feel about the human race.
    Basically this

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they are definitely real. But I'm definitely not going to dismiss them outright, either. I remember the reactions to the Bastion image and the dracthyr character creation screenshot. Heh.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

Totally legit. Same ol' "requisite 4 different climes/biomes that probably don't make sense being so close to each other" and recycled mobs like harpies we've come to know and love.
    Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

I am really curious about what is sticking out of the back of the mountain dwarfs back. This could potentially be AI generated with some photoshop work added in, but this is still impressive if that's the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    As fake as it is...

This is wrong. Play Dragonflight again.
    Really? The top zone looks like it came from this DI zone;

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    I can tell this one is legit because it already feels something interesting and enticing, but also incredibly disappointing.
    This is the way.

Another 2 year cycle, another high likelihood of a 5-zone status quo island, with a bonus that they called that in DF as the "expected" size of a modern expansion. But hey, this time for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Oh I know, but I mean lorewise they better not tell me that this whole other continent is actually just an island like Kul Tiras or the Broken Isles. If we do get Avaloren, it better take up a Kalimdor sized spot on the map.
    Yeah. If we get Avaloren then only doing 4-5 zones is fine as long as there's still a bunch of landmass left over for future expansions to fill out. If it's just another island then oof.